Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224179 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 3)
« Reply #1500 on: April 11, 2013, 02:38:46 pm »

I still feeeel Jimm is probably maybe town, but really, we've got to concentrate on the people who don't participate on lynching scum but do participate on lynching town.

Why? You think I'm probably Town but you think lynching me would be decent simply because I'm in that particular group of people?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 11, 2013, 02:41:40 pm »

I am very surprised if yesterdays lynch wasnt scum-driven. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TO GO FOR ANYONE BUT OZLE, MCMC, YUMA, JIMMM OR INSOMNIAC. Seriously sad times, multiplied by then by mail-mi's idiotic self hammer. Rage!

I still feeeel Jimm is probably maybe town, but really, we've got to concentrate on the people who don't participate on lynching scum but do participate on lynching town.

...What is this I don't even. Sudgy was clearly a better candidate and guess what! He still is Vote: Sudgy
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 11, 2013, 02:41:45 pm »

I think it very much got to the stage where voting for mail-mi became the pro-Town thing to do, since we really needed to lynch someone. And based on my recent scum experience, my day game as scum is entirely based around "What is the Towny thing to do?" or more importantly, "What can I do that others will see as Towny?" It was certainly NOT "Lynch Town! Try to stop teammate lynches!" So I'm very wary of assuming that scum will follow predictable voting patterns.
I dont think lynching from the wagon was a towny thing to do. Really, mail-mi was/is just a classic misslynch target. You all should know better.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 11, 2013, 02:42:47 pm »

Why? You think I'm probably Town but you think lynching me would be decent simply because I'm in that particular group of people?
I still have the read on your behavior that you arent being scum Jimm. But, you've fooled me before, and the hard evidence of not participating in lynching Kooshie is just very damning. Yuma went through the numbers a bunch of times.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 11, 2013, 02:47:37 pm »

I am very surprised if yesterdays lynch wasnt scum-driven. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TO GO FOR ANYONE BUT OZLE, MCMC, YUMA, JIMMM OR INSOMNIAC. Seriously sad times, multiplied by then by mail-mi's idiotic self hammer. Rage!

...What is this I don't even. Sudgy was clearly a better candidate and guess what! He still is Vote: Sudgy

This. Vote: sudgy for coming up with fake reasons for reads.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 11, 2013, 02:47:59 pm »

I think it very much got to the stage where voting for mail-mi became the pro-Town thing to do, since we really needed to lynch someone. And based on my recent scum experience, my day game as scum is entirely based around "What is the Towny thing to do?" or more importantly, "What can I do that others will see as Towny?" It was certainly NOT "Lynch Town! Try to stop teammate lynches!" So I'm very wary of assuming that scum will follow predictable voting patterns.

So if it was the pro-town thing to do and scum knew it would lynch a towny (working towards their wincon) wouldn't they want to lynch mail-mi because they could justify it by saying, "Oh we needed to lynch someone to move the game along." That's like the ultimate situation for scum to vote without seeming scummy!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 11, 2013, 02:49:33 pm »

I still have the read on your behavior that you arent being scum Jimm. But, you've fooled me before, and the hard evidence of not participating in lynching Kooshie is just very damning. Yuma went through the numbers a bunch of times.

Yep okay, let's just pick someone who voted a particular way and lynch them. Because, you know, scum never bus and Townies are never wrong.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 11, 2013, 02:50:31 pm »

Yep okay, let's just pick someone who voted a particular way and lynch them. Because, you know, scum never bus and Townies are never wrong.
So you think it's likely all three scum were on the Kooshie wagon then?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 11, 2013, 02:51:07 pm »

So you think it's likely all three scum were on the Kooshie wagon then?

/sarcasm

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 11, 2013, 02:51:49 pm »

Wait what? Now I'm confused. No I didn't say all scum must have bussed.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 11, 2013, 02:56:22 pm »

I have the gold key.  If someone goes into a gold room tonight and finds that it costs less, I'm a confirmed townie.  If you lynch me, town can't use that benefit.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 11, 2013, 02:59:11 pm »

Wait what? Now I'm confused. No I didn't say all scum must have bussed.
I'm saying just thinking about the likelihood of 1/2/3 scum being on/off the wagon, it's pretty logical to arrive in the conclusion of "yeah, we should be looking at the guys who didn't want to lynch Kooshie and pick who is the scummies in there". Or as yuma put it, not participating in Kooshie lynch adds like 30 scum points to an individual. Mail-mi was just being her scummy self, classic easy mislynch-target, sad it came to that.

Insomniac's sudgy-case is better in my eyes, as it IS a contradiction. Still, I havent ever seen town sudgy I dont think, I dont know if he is prone to being like that regardless of his alignment (think of morgrim).

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 11, 2013, 02:59:46 pm »

I have the gold key.  If someone goes into a gold room tonight and finds that it costs less, I'm a confirmed townie.  If you lynch me, town can't use that benefit.

If he's scum this being a lie only buys him a day. I get people's cases on sudgy, but I don't think he'd lie about this just to live one more night. (and if it turns out he did we can just lynch him tomorrow).

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 11, 2013, 03:07:10 pm »

Robz, I can't remember, can you use an item the night you buy it?  (This isn't related to the gold key)

PPE: I guess I wasn't on it then?  I was thinking of voting for him to end the day I remember...

Yes, generally speaking.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 11, 2013, 03:11:07 pm »

I saw an item called the Oracle, and when you used it you selected two people and would be told if one of them is scum.  So, you who bought the Oracle, if you used it, say so now and who you suspected.  It would be great to get two townies cleared or to figure out one of two people is scum.  If no one claims, either mafia bought it or they haven't used it yet.  If someone claims, we need to think about if that person was mafia and what they would do.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: April 11, 2013, 03:11:32 pm »

I saw an item called the Oracle, and when you used it you selected two people and would be told if one of them is scum.  So, you who bought the Oracle, if you used it, say so now and who you suspected.  It would be great to get two townies cleared or to figure out one of two people is scum.  If no one claims, either mafia bought it or they haven't used it yet.  If someone claims, we need to think about if that person was mafia and what they would do.

I forgot to mention that I saw someone bought it :P

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 11, 2013, 03:11:56 pm »

How much did the Oracle cost?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 11, 2013, 03:12:52 pm »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 11, 2013, 03:14:24 pm »

Wow, someone clearly had cash to burn.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 11, 2013, 03:21:13 pm »

Well, the Gold Key cost $6...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 11, 2013, 03:56:15 pm »

NO! DO NOT CLAIM! At least not yet....

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 11, 2013, 03:57:23 pm »

based completely off this sudgy is not the best lynch for today. Because 1. it is an easily confirmed claim during the night. 2. it can negatively impact town if he is telling the truth.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 11, 2013, 03:59:52 pm »

and mail-mi: I assume you are reading this. But seriously? Self-hammering? Dumb, dumb, dumb. I mean in what world did you think this was a good idea? I know you can't answer, but if I ever get to the spectator topic, you and I are going to have a conversation about this!

1. you lynched town (not good) 2. it didn't save us anytime. If you were going to be lynched, someone else would have done it 3. it robbed us of getting information that was valuable (who else would have hammered you?)

There was no plus side. None. This is twice in this game that stupid hammers have occurred. There had better not be another today! Everybody think before you hammer!

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 11, 2013, 04:07:52 pm »

NO! DO NOT CLAIM! At least not yet....

Why not?  It doesn't mean they are a PR, so they won't get killed during the night, it isn't giving any information to scum while it is to us, etc.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 11, 2013, 04:14:20 pm »

if they found scum, say something.... otherwise i would say wait and observe who becomes lynch candidates and see who is voting fo them. actually maybe even wait if you found scum.

and then in a few days claim and reveal. that way we have both the info from the oracle and info from playing w/o that info.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.