Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224093 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #1400 on: April 06, 2013, 04:27:06 pm »

Gosh, the amount people are going on about on-wagon/off-wagon makes me think scum is safely tucked away on the wagon.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 06, 2013, 05:12:55 pm »

Gosh, the amount people are going on about on-wagon/off-wagon makes me think scum is safely tucked away on the wagon.

No, it is more likely that scum is off wagon, end of discussion, don't try and work this up into well scum probably knew we would all think this way and are forcing us too look off wagon.

vote: Jimm Still doing nothing but posting comments that are harmful to town(mapclaims, pushing for on wagon, apologies for lurking without change)
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 06, 2013, 05:15:15 pm »

No, it is more likely that scum is off wagon, end of discussion, don't try and work this up into well scum probably knew we would all think this way and are forcing us too look off wagon.

vote: Jimm Still doing nothing but posting comments that are harmful to town(mapclaims, pushing for on wagon, apologies for lurking without change)

vote: jimmm

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 06, 2013, 05:23:12 pm »

So all scum needs to do now is bus once and suddenly they're off limits?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 06, 2013, 05:24:27 pm »

apologies for lurking without change

This is false.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 06, 2013, 05:25:25 pm »

So all scum needs to do now is bus once and suddenly they're off limits?

Not off limits.... and bussing day1 hard, hard enough to lynch will never be a sustainable scum strategy.... but not the best lynch for day1.

If you really think all three scum are on wagon you are crazy.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 06, 2013, 05:27:07 pm »

sorry, hard there should = bad = hard to pull off and get a win at the end. Scum has never won a game where scum was lynched day1. It is game changing and should be prevented at all costs. As for bussing in general. From my perspective, bussing for credit is vastly overrated, that credit is often questioned later in the game and isn't worth the loss of another scum teammate.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 06, 2013, 05:29:27 pm »

I've never said I think all three scum are on wagon. But I'm wary of scum being on the wagon and pushing for lynching off-wagon. I agree that wagons should be something to look at, but to essentially forbid anyone from making a case on someone on the wagon is a bit ridiculous.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 06, 2013, 05:32:37 pm »

I've never said I think all three scum are on wagon. But I'm wary of scum being on the wagon and pushing for lynching off-wagon. I agree that wagons should be something to look at, but to essentially forbid anyone from making a case on someone on the wagon is a bit ridiculous.

More inflation of statements made, something I find scum frequently doing. You are not forbid from looking on wagon, however this day has gone on extremely long, there's no new evidence coming to light, there is no case for people on wagon that I find strong enough to overcome the fact that they were on wagon. So now I suggest we stop wasting time looking on wagon and find the best lynch off wagon which will surely be a better case than anyone on wagon.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 06, 2013, 05:34:04 pm »

Gah! I'd really rather lynch mail-mi today, and Jimmmmm on a later day, but fine. I'll vote: Jimmmmm to hurry this day up.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: April 06, 2013, 05:35:08 pm »

I have never forbidden anyone of doing anything. Goodness, I have vote for ashersky and mail-mi today! But I continue to state that unless there is an extremely compelling case, on wagon shouldn't be voted.

Here I'll try to explain better. Let's just use points for fun. Let's say being off wagon gives you 30 scum points, or something like that. In my mind there isn't anything anyone has done that gives out more "scum points" than being off wagon.

So player X is lurking = 10 scum points, is sheeping=20 scum points
But player Y is making really bad arguments = 20 scum points + off wagon + 30 scum points.

I am going to vote for player Y everytime.

But if player Z makes a really bad scum slip. Maybe that is worth 50 scum points. Then I could vote for him, regardless of whether or not he is on or off wagon. But that hasn't happened today. There isn't an obvious lynch (on or off) thus we should be looking more off wagon, which is what we are doing and it is the correct route for today, because it has a higher % of hitting scum thereby 1. getting us closer to the win if scum 2. eliminates another player from the off-wagon list if town. Obviously I would like the first option. But the second isn't horrible. And is far better than lynching on wagon and then coming back tomorrow and saying, "hey let's look off wagon, there are still six (where there could now be five) players to take a look at."

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 06, 2013, 05:36:14 pm »

More inflation of statements made, something I find scum frequently doing. You are not forbid from looking on wagon, however this day has gone on extremely long, there's no new evidence coming to light, there is no case for people on wagon that I find strong enough to overcome the fact that they were on wagon. So now I suggest we stop wasting time looking on wagon and find the best lynch off wagon which will surely be a better case than anyone on wagon.

YES! and especially true for those of us off-wagon, because if you are town, you should know that you aren't mafia, thereby eliminating even more one person from the list of likely off-wagon mafia.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 06, 2013, 05:38:28 pm »

More inflation of statements made, something I find scum frequently doing.

What other examples do you have? Why the sudden change from this?

Yea jimm, I'm do see the post count issue, and I really aren't after you for low post count its all about the ill contribute soon posts which I find super scummy. I was not in this other game that is giving people a town read but enough people have said it so I am willing to go along. Eevee, raerae, sudgy have all said that your not playing the scum game they excpect, so I will go with that I don't think they are all scum. I think ozzle or insom are our lynch for the day, both off wagon. Insom sounded towny to me when he responded but hes gone now again and I'm not sure what to do. He has a posting pattern of posting on fridays and wednesdays, which looks to me like those are the times he has, and not that he is lurking till he feels he needs to pop in. So I think I would rather an ozzle lynch.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 06, 2013, 05:41:37 pm »

because as I said, its not the post count that I find scummy its how scummy your "contributions" are and the fact that I continue to find them scummy has strengthened my resolve.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 06, 2013, 05:42:31 pm »

What do you think of my stance on sudgy?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 06, 2013, 05:43:10 pm »

Other than harping on about wagon stuff.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 06, 2013, 05:44:53 pm »

I'll vote Jimmmmm if it's really gonna happen this time...

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 06, 2013, 05:56:29 pm »

I'll vote Jimmmmm if it's really gonna happen this time...
If you want to see him lynched, then actually vote for him. Hedging like that is a huge scumtell.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 06, 2013, 06:00:33 pm »

I voted for him in the first wagon on him. At this point I don't want my vote to be on someone who wont be lynched, and all the same people who wouldn't vote for him still wont. My vote is on the person I want to be lynched the most and I think actually could be lynched today.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 06, 2013, 06:01:25 pm »

Mcmc is looking scummier now.  Reminds me of scum!mcmc from the first newbie game.  Anyone for a mcmc lynch?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 06, 2013, 06:03:16 pm »

Mcmc is looking scummier now.  Reminds me of scum!mcmc from the first newbie game.  Anyone for a mcmc lynch?

SURE!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 06, 2013, 06:04:45 pm »

I would, really I would, but for tomorrow. What are the chances of it happening today?

I'm willing to vote for any of the three lynch canidates (insom, ozle, jimmmmm)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 06, 2013, 08:05:21 pm »

Maybe. I'm not sure which way I'm leaning at this point between misguided Townie and manipulative scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 06, 2013, 08:37:07 pm »

I smell a conspiracy. I have a feeling that scum are controlling this game a lot more the people seem to be giving them credit for. Let's look at the Kooshie lynch:

Vote Count 1.11

mail-mi (1) -- mcmcsalot
liopoil (1)  -- yuma
raerae (1) -- Jimm
Kooshie (9) -- liopoil, Eevee, Jorbles, sudgy, Lekkit, mail-mi, ashersky, raerae, xeiron
sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
Eevee (1) -- Ozle

Not Voting (2) -- sparky5856, Kooshie

We all know that easy lynches are usually Town, but this seems to have been one. Where was the opposition to this lynch? Where was the scum-driven alternative? What were the other three scum doing while Kooshie was getting herself lynched? There were no other significant wagons. Looking at the vote counts, a few people got to three votes at different times, but as far as I can tell there was never a viable alternative to the Kooshie lynch, and at day's end, no one else had more than one vote. So all three of the other scum were either contributing to the lynch or sitting idly by letting it happen and allowing themselves to be among the "off-wagoners". If you read Kooshie, she didn't even argue particularly strongly against her lynch.

Now think about a four-person scumteam. There's no SK or other team, so all four of them must be lynched or otherwise killed by Town for them to lose. They have some room to take risks. So what do they discuss before the game? "Let's bus Day 1. Town will be so thrilled about hitting scum so early that we can line up all the people off the wagon and take them out one by one." Trading one of the team of four for Towncred would sound a good deal to me.

So let's not automatically assume that we should lynch off-wagon. Instead, consider that scum might actually be playing this game to win rather than sitting on the sidelines letting things happen. I will eat WinterSpartan's hat if there wasn't scum on the Kooshie wagon, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were two or three of them. And being called crazy for that doesn't change my mind in the slightest.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 06, 2013, 08:42:28 pm »

And of course I mention the possibility that there's scum on the wagon and I'm hit with three votes in the space of an hour or so.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.