Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224116 times)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #1350 on: April 05, 2013, 07:06:00 pm »

vote: mcmc  :)

hahaha you git i didn't scroll down quick enough
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 05, 2013, 07:09:56 pm »

Vote Count 2.14

sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
Ozle (5) -- ashersky, mcmcsalot, raerae, Eevee, yuma {L-3}
ashersky (1) -- Ozle
Archetype (1) -- liopoil
mail-mi (2) -- Archetype, Jimm
Insomniac (2) -- mail-mi, Jorbles
yuma (1) -- sudgy

Not Voting (1) -- Lekkit

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM. There are 24 days left.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 05, 2013, 07:15:29 pm »

man... this is frustrating... I mean ozle has me to the point where I don't really want to vote for him, but I dont' really want to vote for anyone else. Or rather I want to vote for a lot of other people, but no one is super, duper compelling. Everyone has something, that makes me not want to lynch them.

Actually the only person that doesn't have a reason is Insomniac. But I read him as town. It is stupid because that is totally meta for me, and I hate meta arguments, but I have been holding onto it all stupid game long.

vote: insomniac. But if this doesn't take I am not above lynching anyone else off wagon. Deadline tonight forum time. Let's make something happen here guys! There are six people currently online. If we all get together we can put someone at l-2 at least!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 05, 2013, 07:18:11 pm »

but like I said before... if you can get enough people to go elsewhere, I probably will as well. But you haven't really tried to do that.

How can I when there is a massive lynch wagon looming over me! im having to spend all my efforts defending myself!

You have restricted yoursaelf to Offwagon because you are only considering there are two scum offwagon (Im still not quite sure how your so certain of this, but lets assume for the moment you are not going to change your mind)
Yuma - Obviously not
Insomniac - You have ruled him out completely somehow.
Archetype - I really cant see us lynching him today, he seems a bit townie now he showed up, and to a lot of people
Jimmmmm - You took your vote off Jimmmm and put it on me when he was at 5 and I was at 2. You are clearly of the opinion that thats ano go now?
Ozle - This is where your vote is now

So basically you are saying you will take your vote off me if I build a wagon for you on MCMC, I seriously don't have anything to go on for MCMC, he comes across completely null to me.

So what would you have me do, I want to save me from being lynched because I know its wrong.
But only TWO people are giving reasons to join the lynch on me, you (which you obviously agree with your own reasons) and Ashersky (who has always maintained different reasons), the rest have all just followed along with no reasons given, i proved this when I went through them all a while back.

What would you have me do?
I can't answer anyone elses case because they are not giving one
Ashersky has dissapeared after saying he would refuse to vote for anyone else.

Build a case on the one person I have null reads on?

I had enough people go elsewhere, we were there for ages on Jimmm, and then Ashersky started acting REALLY scummy, so I built a case on him and you all switched to me.

There is literally nothing I can do here, because Ashersky has said 100% he wont move his vote. I can only realistically move your vote off me if I build a case on Mcmc, whom I dont have a case on, and im not about to magic one out of thin air.

When you lynch me, you dont even get any really useful information out of it when I flip town.

Ashersky will just say 'Well I always look scummy' which is what he has said today
You can fall behind your 'It was the only off wagon defence'
And everyone else just sheeped.

So im not even an informative lynch!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 05, 2013, 07:19:23 pm »

man... this is frustrating... I mean ozle has me to the point where I don't really want to vote for him, but I dont' really want to vote for anyone else. Or rather I want to vote for a lot of other people, but no one is super, duper compelling. Everyone has something, that makes me not want to lynch them.

Actually the only person that doesn't have a reason is Insomniac. But I read him as town. It is stupid because that is totally meta for me, and I hate meta arguments, but I have been holding onto it all stupid game long.

vote: insomniac. But if this doesn't take I am not above lynching anyone else off wagon. Deadline tonight forum time. Let's make something happen here guys! There are six people currently online. If we all get together we can put someone at l-2 at least!

OK!

Wow, wish I hadnt written that big long post now!

Especially the bit where I said you ruled out Insomniac!

Whats he up to 18/19 posts?
He has always been on my 'Will vote for list'

Hang on, someone posted all of his posts a while back, let me double check but im pretty sure it will follow with an INsomniac vote!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 05, 2013, 07:21:14 pm »

Ok, read them.

Vote: Insomniac

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 05, 2013, 07:21:42 pm »

Can I go to bed safely now, supposed to be at stupid early o'clock tomorrow to sort out stuff before I go celebrate my birthday!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 05, 2013, 07:23:02 pm »

Can I go to bed safely now, supposed to be at stupid early o'clock tomorrow to sort out stuff before I go celebrate my birthday!

happy birthday, and I kinda liked your big long post!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 05, 2013, 07:25:14 pm »

Cheers, off to play golf, All you can eat Brazillian Steakhouse, then bowling in a bar, then 80's/90's retro night in said bar with arcade games and snes'

Should have got an early night tonight, but its now gone midnight!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 05, 2013, 07:26:41 pm »

Vote Count 2.15

sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
Ozle (4) -- ashersky, mcmcsalot, raerae, Eevee
Archetype (1) -- liopoil
Insomniac (4) -- mail-mi, Jorbles, yuma, Ozle
yuma (1) -- sudgy

Not Voting (1) -- Lekkit

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM. There are 24 days left.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 05, 2013, 07:32:06 pm »

I am going to say this here because I think it would be weird starting up another game, especially in the context of this game, but man I am really starting to dislike bankable deadlines. I liked the idea initially when voltgloss introduced, but it is really starting to lose its appeal. That game it looked really nice because it appeared to encourage town to have shorter days initially and everyone hates really long day1s and day2s. But of late the opposite has happened, especially in games with lots of players (this game, Ozle's RMMM game, the game I hosted all had aggrevatingly long and time wasting days) and the end results are often rushed mislynches and not enough days toward the end of the game! This is because we don't abide by softdeadlines when there isn't a real deadline looming. It does prevent no-lynches, but those don't happen very often.

Moral of the story, I don't like bankable deadlines anymore. I don't blame Robz or anyone else for using them, but games that I host in the future won't be using them because they drive me crazy. My games will likely have hard 10 day deadlines. 1 week isn't enough and 2 weeks is too much. 10 days seems perfect.

<end of semi-rant>

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 05, 2013, 07:42:51 pm »

Cheers, off to play golf, All you can eat Brazillian Steakhouse, then bowling in a bar, then 80's/90's retro night in said bar with arcade games and snes'

Should have got an early night tonight, but its now gone midnight!

+1 for churrasco!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44:43 pm »

I am going to say this here because I think it would be weird starting up another game, especially in the context of this game, but man I am really starting to dislike bankable deadlines. I liked the idea initially when voltgloss introduced, but it is really starting to lose its appeal. That game it looked really nice because it appeared to encourage town to have shorter days initially and everyone hates really long day1s and day2s. But of late the opposite has happened, especially in games with lots of players (this game, Ozle's RMMM game, the game I hosted all had aggrevatingly long and time wasting days) and the end results are often rushed mislynches and not enough days toward the end of the game! This is because we don't abide by softdeadlines when there isn't a real deadline looming. It does prevent no-lynches, but those don't happen very often.

Moral of the story, I don't like bankable deadlines anymore. I don't blame Robz or anyone else for using them, but games that I host in the future won't be using them because they drive me crazy. My games will likely have hard 10 day deadlines. 1 week isn't enough and 2 weeks is too much. 10 days seems perfect.

<end of semi-rant>

I think the bankable deadlines idea has merit, and it needs to continue to be tweaked.

That's why RMM7 used bankable D1 days and had hard deadlines for D2 and on.  MXXIV has the same system--so D2 and subsequent days only last 14 days max.  I think that works because it incentivizes ending D1 early to ensure your following days are all 2 weeks long if needed.

/theory reply

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 05, 2013, 07:46:14 pm »

Vote Count 2.15

sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
Ozle (4) -- ashersky, mcmcsalot, raerae, Eevee
Archetype (1) -- liopoil
Insomniac (4) -- mail-mi, Jorbles, yuma, Ozle
yuma (1) -- sudgy

Not Voting (1) -- Lekkit

I am 50/50 on insom actually being scum.  That puts him as less likely than Ozle to be scum.  That's the hesitation there.

@Ozle, I didn't disappear; I followed along to your responses, but there was nothing new in them, just like there's been nothing new in my case on you.  I appreciate the effort you've put into staying alive--that's the kind of effort I would put in if I was scum, too.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 05, 2013, 07:53:21 pm »

Ok, I was hoping to save this to preent a mislynch later....but it looks like im doomed so I want to get this out into public Domain.

Which player bought the LOAN night 0?

Now, whoever bought it should know that actually this info is largely irrelevant to scum, because what the loan did was give you extra money Night 0 and then you lost some Night 1 so by the end of Night 1 the person who bought it had a net gain of 0 as if they hadn't bought.

As the next night is Night 2 I feel its safe for you to own up to this.

If you do I am pretty sure I can give you some good cred

Hold on.... I hate doing this, because I really don't like talking about this sort of stuff.... But how can you give someone credit based off this? I don't see any connection--and maybe that is a good thing because then scum can't either? So if you feel you can clarify w/o causing harm do so. If not I guess it will still be a mystery.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: April 05, 2013, 07:55:01 pm »

Ok, I was hoping to save this to preent a mislynch later....but it looks like im doomed so I want to get this out into public Domain.

Now, whoever bought it should know that actually this info is largely irrelevant to scum, because what the loan did was give you extra money Night 0 and then you lost some Night 1 so by the end of Night 1 the person who bought it had a net gain of 0 as if they hadn't bought.

Hold on.... I hate doing this, because I really don't like talking about this sort of stuff.... But how can you give someone credit based off this? I don't see any connection--and maybe that is a good thing because then scum can't either? So if you feel you can clarify w/o causing harm do so. If not I guess it will still be a mystery.

Talking about Loan...I see what you did there.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 05, 2013, 07:56:38 pm »

I did nothing and you can't prove it!!!!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 05, 2013, 08:09:58 pm »

Alright, it looks like one of the only valid lynches, Vote: Insomniac
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 05, 2013, 08:18:04 pm »

so the case on insom is lurking and being off-wagon? anything else? I don't find the reaction to his wagon earlier scummy, and he has recently contributed a case on sudgy.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 05, 2013, 10:57:47 pm »

The case on insom is identical to the one on jimm.

Insom responded angrily early on and has now responded with very minimal insight and scum hunting.

Jimm responded by saying he would contribute over and over and over. He has done no scum hunting.

Jimm is better than insom I think though I'll lynch either at this point. Good to know our lurkers are going to continue lurking, simply come in and have a burst of post when it gets dangerous, this is scum lurking not town.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 05, 2013, 11:39:59 pm »

yay! I am the only one who thinks there is a soft deadline tonight! Party all by myself!

Seriously though guys... New softdeadline after the weekend? Monday at noon forum time?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 05, 2013, 11:41:17 pm »

I'm not getting behind the Jimmmmm lynch because he's not playing as he did in RMM7 (of course this doesn't clear him, just makes me more willing to lynch Insom).

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 06, 2013, 12:37:02 am »

This means that I'd rather lynch insomniac but if ozle becomes the only possible lynch (hes getting close) then I will vote for him.
Oh my scummy! I know this how mail-mi usually plays but we can't always give him that free pass, right?

I also have no idea why you guys are all so sure that Ozle is scum, and I'm suspecting scum trying to organize a mislynch because there is no way they would bus another member (alright, I guess they could, but at least I wouldn't if I were scum). I agree that Ozle was fairly scummy D1, but he's really started to appear more Towny as the day goes on.

Speaking of the day going on...when are we going to end this thing? D2 has lasted much longer than it should.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 06, 2013, 12:48:36 am »

We've tried setting a few deadlines...  Maybe I should start threatening people in some way if we don't meet the deadline...  Though I couldn't do much, of course.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 06, 2013, 08:30:47 am »

I'm assuming there was some item scum would have bought over loan available in the same place (priced such that only someone that started in a hallway could have afforded it).
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 16 queries.