Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 225701 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #1225 on: April 04, 2013, 01:00:14 pm »

I forgot that. Vote: archetype is fine for me then, I've been suspicious of sparky for a long time. I think I'd prefer Ozle though, not sure why we are giving up in that already.
I think I'll put him as a good lynch for tomorrow, I'll do a reread of him and the cases on him.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 04, 2013, 01:00:39 pm »

I forgot that. Vote: archetype is fine for me then, I've been suspicious of sparky for a long time. I think I'd prefer Ozle though, not sure why we are giving up in that already.
I think I'll put him as a good lynch for tomorrow, I'll do a reread of him and the cases on him.
Or today, if archetype doesn't happen.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 04, 2013, 01:59:28 pm »

This game is huge to reread, I might take awhile to get into it if I was replacing in. I missed a weekend of posts and I felt overwhelmed rereading. I sympathize with Lekkit and Archetype in this situation. That said if we don't have any other viable lynches I would be willing to vote for them just to move the game along. I don't like the case on Ozle so I wouldn't lynch him.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 04, 2013, 02:13:55 pm »

This game is huge to reread, I might take awhile to get into it if I was replacing in. I missed a weekend of posts and I felt overwhelmed rereading. I sympathize with Lekkit and Archetype in this situation. That said if we don't have any other viable lynches I would be willing to vote for them just to move the game along. I don't like the case on Ozle so I wouldn't lynch him.

I do understand that. I do. But as I have said before to Jimmmm in this game I think this line of thought is a fallacy and one I have falled into before. A reread doesn't need to take hours and hours. Really, just skimming for ~ 20 minutes and getting the main arguments should be enough, especially when there are people like mcmc and ash and others doing the grunt work and putting together solid cases. All it takes is to read those few posts, see what other people are saying about it and then go from there and give an opinion and especially at this stage a vote. That is if they are town. But I think often mafia uses RL to lurk behind. I certainly have done that. I know others have and use it as an excuse to do nothing in the game so they aren't accountable, but repeatedly show up and say, "I am here, but haven't reread yet, so I have nothing to offer."

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 04, 2013, 02:27:20 pm »

I do understand that. I do. But as I have said before to Jimmmm in this game I think this line of thought is a fallacy and one I have falled into before. A reread doesn't need to take hours and hours. Really, just skimming for ~ 20 minutes and getting the main arguments should be enough, especially when there are people like mcmc and ash and others doing the grunt work and putting together solid cases. All it takes is to read those few posts, see what other people are saying about it and then go from there and give an opinion and especially at this stage a vote. That is if they are town. But I think often mafia uses RL to lurk behind. I certainly have done that. I know others have and use it as an excuse to do nothing in the game so they aren't accountable, but repeatedly show up and say, "I am here, but haven't reread yet, so I have nothing to offer."
And the fact that hes had 5 days.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: April 04, 2013, 03:04:32 pm »

Vote: Archetype.  I still want to lynch Ozle, but Archetype needs to post.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 04, 2013, 03:19:30 pm »

wow, five votes in 2 1/2 hours...

I'd prefer a lekkit LALL, because he's been in the game longer and had a really scummy vote on kooshie, but then again, sparky was off wagon... He's a better lynch than ozle I think though, so I'll Vote: Archetype

L-2 now.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 04, 2013, 04:49:18 pm »

Guys, just posted in VLA, am still reading here, but will be in short posts from mobile. Its payday at most peoples work and my work is linked to that payday so our busiest time, and then its my birthday this weekend (well actually tuesday, but who celebrates on a tuesday...)
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 04, 2013, 06:37:51 pm »

Okay, to recap, because Ozle doesn't like the votes on him, and thinks the case sucks, here is my case (again), taking things only from my own posts.  These are things that I think seem scummy.  These are actual things Ozle did, not feelings I have or gut reads.

1.  Ozle attacked Liopoil on D1, and I think Liopoil is town.  He did this whilst defending Kooshie.
2.  Ozle tried to deflect the attention from the Kooshie case to Eevee, whilst defending Kooshie.  This happened early enough in D1 that it wasn't a scum desperation move, it was a scum calculated move.
3.  Ozle's "intent to hammer" post near the end of the day, with little reasoning.  <Note: I accept the scum points I get for the "agree with ozle's reasons" post right after it.>
4.  Ozle asked for everyone's spawning points on D2 (well, asked if anyone spawned in a hallway, and got some "no" responses before that got shut down).
5.  Ozle continuously asked me to give my reasons for finding Jimmmmm towny, even though I had given them multiple times.
6.  Ozle used the "artificially inflating his post count" argument in his case against me.

I like an Ozle lynch for the case yuma outlined above but also for his (Ozle's) defense of the cases against him that have sounded a lot like, "You caught me but not for the right reason!"

I can't participate in a lurker lynch, guys.  It just isn't logical.  I still like a mail-mi lynch but did not realize he was v/la so will give him some slack to provide some content. 

Vote: Ozle

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 04, 2013, 06:38:12 pm »

And can we get a real-live vote count, please?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 04, 2013, 06:42:41 pm »

Okay, to recap, because Ozle doesn't like the votes on him, and thinks the case sucks, here is my case (again), taking things only from my own posts.  These are things that I think seem scummy.  These are actual things Ozle did, not feelings I have or gut reads.

1.  Ozle attacked Liopoil on D1, and I think Liopoil is town.  He did this whilst defending Kooshie.
2.  Ozle tried to deflect the attention from the Kooshie case to Eevee, whilst defending Kooshie.  This happened early enough in D1 that it wasn't a scum desperation move, it was a scum calculated move.
3.  Ozle's "intent to hammer" post near the end of the day, with little reasoning.  <Note: I accept the scum points I get for the "agree with ozle's reasons" post right after it.>
4.  Ozle asked for everyone's spawning points on D2 (well, asked if anyone spawned in a hallway, and got some "no" responses before that got shut down).
5.  Ozle continuously asked me to give my reasons for finding Jimmmmm towny, even though I had given them multiple times.
6.  Ozle used the "artificially inflating his post count" argument in his case against me.

I like an Ozle lynch for the case yuma outlined above but also for his (Ozle's) defense of the cases against him that have sounded a lot like, "You caught me but not for the right reason!"

I can't participate in a lurker lynch, guys.  It just isn't logical.  I still like a mail-mi lynch but did not realize he was v/la so will give him some slack to provide some content. 

Vote: Ozle

I won't be switching, either.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 04, 2013, 06:59:16 pm »

You had one 20 posts ago!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 04, 2013, 07:02:39 pm »

You had one 20 posts ago!

7 votes ago...
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 04, 2013, 07:02:46 pm »

Vote Count 2.12

sudgy (2) -- Insomniac, Jorbles
Ozle (3) -- ashersky, mcmcsalot, raerae
ashersky (1) -- Ozle
Archetype (6) -- yuma, Jimm, mail-mi, Eevee, sudgy, liopoil {L-2}

Not Voting (2) -- Archetype, Lekkit

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM. There are 25 days left.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 04, 2013, 07:08:29 pm »

I lynch arch, I want this day to be over. But I seriously worried that the Jimm lynch was derailed by scum, ozzle lynch got traction for real scummy behavior but was slow because of lurkers, but now were quick to lynch arch for lurking. I had a much townie read on sparky then I did on Jimm.
Jimm and eevee are the two who weren't on Jimm wagon but are on arch, I don't want to lynch eevee today, and Jimm sorta has a good reason for not being on the Jimm wagon. I guess that makes me more comfortable with the arch lynch. Liopoil continues to look scummy to me but I think that means he's town. We have very different styles, in ds9 I was sure he was scum, in newbie mafia I disagreed with a lot of his play choices(though he did great in both those games)
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 04, 2013, 07:41:43 pm »

Vote Count 2.12

ashersky (1) -- Ozle

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM. There are 25 days left.

raerae is on Ozle now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 04, 2013, 07:41:58 pm »

Vote Count 2.12

ashersky (1) -- Ozle

raerae is on Ozle now.

Nevermind, I read that backwards.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 04, 2013, 07:42:20 pm »

I lynch arch, I want this day to be over. But I seriously worried that the Jimm lynch was derailed by scum, ozzle lynch got traction for real scummy behavior but was slow because of lurkers, but now were quick to lynch arch for lurking. I had a much townie read on sparky then I did on Jimm.
Jimm and eevee are the two who weren't on Jimm wagon but are on arch, I don't want to lynch eevee today, and Jimm sorta has a good reason for not being on the Jimm wagon. I guess that makes me more comfortable with the arch lynch. Liopoil continues to look scummy to me but I think that means he's town. We have very different styles, in ds9 I was sure he was scum, in newbie mafia I disagreed with a lot of his play choices(though he did great in both those games)

I think yuma, Eevee, and at least one other said they'd switch back to Ozle if needed.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 04, 2013, 07:48:25 pm »

Holy crap, L-2. Sheesh.

Yeah, I'm here. Still on page 20 of the reread. I promise I'll have it done by tomorrow.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 04, 2013, 07:50:39 pm »

So Jimm, liopoil, mail-mi, you weren't on ozzle wagon and would be enough to lynch him, how do you feel about that. I just thought I disappeared without getting everyone's opinion

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: April 04, 2013, 07:51:51 pm »

I agree with all of this. I really think Jimmmm is the scummiest player we have. I don't remember thinking sparky was particularly scummy, but I'd lynch him/Arch as a policy lynch if we can't get any other agreement. Before we do that though, can we not get behind a Jimmmm lynch. Vote: Jimmmmm

PPE: Oh good Arch is here.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 04, 2013, 07:56:20 pm »

Holy crap, L-2. Sheesh.

Yeah, I'm here. Still on page 20 of the reread. I promise I'll have it done by tomorrow.

I'd say skim at this point.  Folks are out for your blood.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 04, 2013, 07:56:32 pm »

Did you miss my week of trying to get Jimm lynched...it didn't work. We can get him to l-1 but eevee, raerae, ash, insom, arch won't vote for him. Well arch hasn't said

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 04, 2013, 07:58:12 pm »

Did you miss my week of trying to get Jimm lynched...it didn't work. We can get him to l-1 but eevee, raerae, ash, insom, arch won't vote for him. Well arch hasn't said

Well I missed part of it. Sometimes people change their minds though?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 04, 2013, 08:38:20 pm »

I'm the last person that will vote for Ozle if needed.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.