Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 225607 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #925 on: March 30, 2013, 07:03:51 am »

And that whole hallway thing.  That was a fishing expedition if I ever saw one.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 30, 2013, 11:09:17 am »

Ozle my main concern with you wasn't that you didn't hammer kooshie, but rather that your willingness to hammer kooshie came out of nowhere. As far as I could tell the only time you mentioned kooshie leading up to his lynch was this:

Lekkit says that Kooshie has not posted any thing of substance, well the same applies to you Lekkit, I dont remember anything of substance you have said this game apart from agree with Lipoli.
You may have said something, but none of it has stuck in my mind.

where in you criticize lekkit for his vote on kooshie.

That is what is suspicious to me. You had scum reads on a lot of other players before (eevee, insomniac, lekkit) but not on kooshie. But once he is about to be lynched, you join in on the wagon by declaring intent to hammer. The change is suspicious, not the intent.

HOWEVER!

I do not consider it more suspicious than the much more obvious interactions between kooshie and Jimmmm and mcmc. And I fail to see how eevee and ash can 1. find you more suspicious than those two considering those two things even with everything I mention above and 2. find you more suspicious but never mention what I did above and rely more on meta arguments.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 30, 2013, 11:42:27 am »

I think we should just lynch Jimmmmm. It seems unlikely that we will be able to come to a consensus on anyone else soon... and I still think Jimmmmm is the scummiest.

That said, I think lekkit is lurking the most. (well, sparky is lurking more, but he hasn't even been online and may be replaced). A mail-mi lynch isn't going to happen today because of his claim, and I really don't like the cases on yuma/ozle (especially because they are very high contributers). I don't know why insom has gotten more attention for lurking than lekkit (could be a sign that lekkit is scum), because I think insom has contributed more than him. There is the fact that lekkit was on-wagon and insom was off, but insom just wasn't around and lekkit's vote was hardly towny... Sparky isn't going to be lynched because he isn't talking...   eevee, jorbles, and sudgy are early enough on the kooshie wagon for me to not suspect them... liopoil is town... I still have a townread on mcmc for being against the kooshie lynch, and finally ashersky and raerae don't really have much of a reason to be suspected.

So, by POE, we have lekkit and Jimmmmm remaining.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 30, 2013, 11:43:25 am »

not that everyone else shouldn't be suspected (obviously at least one of the people I "ruled out" must be scum), but I don't think they are good lynches today.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 30, 2013, 11:52:41 am »

not that everyone else shouldn't be suspected (obviously at least one of the people I "ruled out" must be scum), but I don't think they are good lynches today.

exactly, except I don't buy the mcmc defending kooshie thing. That is a red flag to me. But as a town we seem to be stretching and creating cases mostly out of nothing when there are two great options in jimmmm and mcmc. I guess I don't understand why we are pursuing these less likely lynches when there are great options available. Mostly it seems like people are ignoring solid evidence in favor of meta arguments and gut reads.

Because I have seen nothing that even comes close to as solid as jimmmm and mcmc.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 30, 2013, 12:55:37 pm »

vote: jimmmmmm
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 30, 2013, 01:23:19 pm »

Vote Count 2.8

Jimm (6) -- Ozle, Jorbles, mcmcsalot, yuma, liopoil, mail-mi {L-2}
sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
yuma (1) -- sudgy
Ozle (2) -- ashersky, Eevee

Not Voting (4) -- sparky5856, Jimm, Lekkit, raerae

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM. There are 30 days left.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 30, 2013, 02:19:17 pm »

yuma, it's not as much trusting my gut over the facts, more like "bad at argumenting where the suspicion comes from". The bad feeling is caused by his sudden jump to Kooshie.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 30, 2013, 06:09:51 pm »

so, who else is willing to vote jimmmmm? sudgy? eevee?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 30, 2013, 06:20:37 pm »

If we start eating too much into our time I'll just mapclaim and self-hammer.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 30, 2013, 06:20:51 pm »

Or rather self-vote.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 30, 2013, 09:35:49 pm »

Notes on mail-mi:

1.  Went after lio D1 for his "scummy" defense but never explained why it was scummy.  I absolutely despise this.  It is the easiest thing in the world to say something is scummy and let somebody else come up with the reason why.

2.  He voted for patpat for lurking, then insom for lurking, then voted for lio because he disagreed with him, but was reluctant to vote lurking Kooshie.  The sudden hesitance to lynch a lurker seems more like trying to protect a partner than trying to be smart about a lynch considering how eager he was to vote the other lurkers.

3.  #793 is awful.  He either just drew a night kill with something town-friendly in his pocket, or he's scum hoping to avoid a lynch.  It was an extra weird claim considering lio was only lightly suspicious of him at the time.  I don't remember mail-mi being this jumpy in past games.  This, and his vote "test", just seem like a gamble to avoid a lynch.

I could keep going with individual scummy things, and certainly will if needed, but I think the above combined with his total lack of content is enough. 

Vote: mail-mi

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 30, 2013, 09:42:26 pm »

mail-mi is very scummy, and #793 is awful. However, #793 makes it a bad idea to lynch him today. If he is town, we definatly don't want to lynch someone who has access to a PR, and is town. If he is scum, then he is super scummy tommorow because he won't be NKed, and can be considered for a lynch more then.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 30, 2013, 09:44:56 pm »

mail-mi is very scummy, and #793 is awful. However, #793 makes it a bad idea to lynch him today. If he is town, we definatly don't want to lynch someone who has access to a PR, and is town. If he is scum, then he is super scummy tommorow because he won't be NKed, and can be considered for a lynch more then.

Or you just gave scum a reason NOT to NK him because he's an easy mislynch if he survives.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 30, 2013, 09:47:36 pm »

I understand that, and there will be WIFOM about that tommorow. I mean, that was really obvious anyway... honestly, I think there is a less that 50% chance of him being NKed, even if he is town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:09 pm »

This day can end before we burn through all bankable time, right?

I get the feeling this day is going nowhere.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:39 pm »

We are at even parity...we could no lynch.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 30, 2013, 09:54:15 pm »

Well what do you think about mail-mi, ash?  Am I barking up this tree too late or is it a possibility?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 30, 2013, 10:06:39 pm »

We could, if we feel like we need another night of info... but if we don't then I still think it is best to no lynch at mylo.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 30, 2013, 10:26:09 pm »

Well what do you think about mail-mi, ash?  Am I barking up this tree too late or is it a possibility?

I think bad town is more likely than scum, honestly.  And if he's scum, he's not the dangerous member of the team, a la Ozle/Yuma.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 30, 2013, 11:05:03 pm »

I will gladly take the lynch if it isn't gonna be jimmmmm. That was a stupid mistake of me and I'm not the most valuable town right now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 30, 2013, 11:23:03 pm »

Gah, Vote: Jimmmmm.  This day is dragging on...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 30, 2013, 11:23:36 pm »

Should I let you guys know what I know?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 30, 2013, 11:43:57 pm »

Screw it, I'm doing it. I think knowing this will help us more than them.

In the middle of my map there is a big grey square (okay, technically it's a rectangle oriented up-down, but it's nearly a square) containing a smaller red square with a door at the bottom of the red square. The grey square is connected at the bottom by a door to a darkish green oval with the long direction going left to right. On the left of the big grey square there are two small orange squares one on top of the other, both with a door to the large grey square. Above the two orange squares is a medium-sized light blue that as far as I can see has no doors to any other room I can see.
On top of the big grey square is another medium-sized light blue square. This room did contain a Watchtower, which let you see who else was in the same room, as well as a Treasure Map, which allows you to see the whole map. Both of these have been used. It also contains Nobles, which lets you make a Neighbourhood for two other people (not yourself). As far as I know it's still there.
Above this room there is a larger white room, which is not connected by a door as far as I can see.
To the right of this light blue room and connected by a door there is a thin grey rectangle oriented left to right.
To the right of the top right corner of the large grey square is a small orange square. It's connected by a door to the large grey square, and is adjacent to the thin grey rectangle, but I can't see a door there.
Beneath the small orange square is a medium/large lime green rectangle. It is also adjacent to the large grey square, but not connected by a door. I can't see a door from the small orange square to the lime green square.
Beneath the lime green square is another small orange square. It's connected by a door to the large grey square, but I can't see a door to the green square. In this orange square there is a Scheme which lets you send a message of up to 200 words to another player, and a Fortune Teller which lets you name 4 players and be told if at least one of them is scum.
To the right of the top right corner of the orange square is a thin grey rectangle orientated left to right. There is a door between them.
Underneath the grey rectangle and adjacent to the orange square, but without any doors that I can see is a medium sized darkish pink rectangle orientated left to right.

If it matters, the Watchtower cost $3, the Treasure map $6, the Nobles $7, the Scheme $3 and the Fortune Teller $6.

Hopefully there is a Townie or two who is close enough to benefit from this information. You may lynch me now to get to night and so you can know that you can trust this. Good luck!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 31, 2013, 12:22:44 am »

Notes on mail-mi:

1.  Went after lio D1 for his "scummy" defense but never explained why it was scummy.  I absolutely despise this.  It is the easiest thing in the world to say something is scummy and let somebody else come up with the reason why.

2.  He voted for patpat for lurking, then insom for lurking, then voted for lio because he disagreed with him, but was reluctant to vote lurking Kooshie.  The sudden hesitance to lynch a lurker seems more like trying to protect a partner than trying to be smart about a lynch considering how eager he was to vote the other lurkers.

3.  #793 is awful.  He either just drew a night kill with something town-friendly in his pocket, or he's scum hoping to avoid a lynch.  It was an extra weird claim considering lio was only lightly suspicious of him at the time.  I don't remember mail-mi being this jumpy in past games.  This, and his vote "test", just seem like a gamble to avoid a lynch.

I could keep going with individual scummy things, and certainly will if needed, but I think the above combined with his total lack of content is enough. 

Vote: mail-mi
Vote: mail-mi sounds fine. Raerae IS very good at this.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 106  All

Page created in 1.253 seconds with 16 queries.