Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224151 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #850 on: March 29, 2013, 02:42:16 pm »

Yuma, I really don't want to vote for jimmmmm because I really think he'd flip town.  I am with you on mail-mi but want to read him again to solidify that. If I don't get that in tonight, I'll have time tomorrow morning.

I guess I don't understand why or how you really think he'd flip town. What evidence is there that points in that direction? I haven't seen any except for the following. 1. Jimmmm plays scum better than this... who says he is playing scum bad. Right now it looks like he is about to sneak out of being lynched! He is losing votes all over the place. I think it has more to do with him being busy in real life. If you are scum and are busy in real life, it doesn't change how much you post, because you don't have the time. You dont' have the time to think through every post and worry about how what you say will be interpreted, so you in fact post less! 2. the argument above which is also crap.  I will tell you this... if he flips scum... this will remind me a lot of MXX where I defended EFHW based entirely on nothing to prevent her lynch.

vote: Jimmmm

PS I have internet in my condo now!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 29, 2013, 02:44:35 pm »

I could be convinced to vote for:
 MCMC if someone can build a case as he is next on my scum list.
Ashersky has been real quiet today as well, thats unusual for Ashersky isnt it?

I have a case on mcmc a while back, but I think Jimmmm is better.
Ash said he would be semi-VLA for Easter weekend. But he has been a bit quiet comparatively--especially since he was called out for "trying to inflate his post count" which I don't think he was... but it was interesting how his post count when down after people pointed it out.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 29, 2013, 02:58:00 pm »

I think the case on Jimmmmm is that:

-lurking
-off kooshie wagon
-he was kooshie's biggest townread

Is this correct? anything else? hmmmmm... I could definatly go back on Jimmmmm, but he has contributed more than sparky, insom, and lekkit... I'm gonna look around at other players. He, unlike kooshie, clearly has been busy in real life... and has been trying to contribute more than I think others are. sparky still hasn't logged on since the 23rd... Robz started looking for a replacement for pat just a couple days after the game started... do we need a replacement for sparky?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 29, 2013, 03:12:32 pm »

I think the case on Jimmmmm is that:

-lurking
-off kooshie wagon
-he was kooshie's biggest townread

I don't think--at least I haven't--been suspicious of Jimmmm because he was lurking. I mean he has a very valid excuse for being busy. What I have issue with is this idea that if Jimmm were scum he would post more often and not "play badly." I think the other two parts of the case are huge. I think the only thing that compares to them is mcmc:

- off the kooshie wagon
- kooshie was his biggest townread.

Those two things are enough reason in my mind to lynch someone. Add in his defense which has been dubious at best.

"I wouldn't be so dumb to kill xeiron" and "I was the first to point out that it was a bad NK so I can't be scum"

"I'd be way to scared to not put opinions down if I was scum."

- being more focused on theory talk than scum hunting
- His constant promising to do a reread, but never doing it--I think that tends to be a scum trait ala Grujah in MXI

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 29, 2013, 03:14:23 pm »

it isn't that kooshie was his biggest townread; I don't think that was true, it's that Jimmmmm was Kooshie's biggest townread.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 29, 2013, 03:17:13 pm »

it isn't that kooshie was his biggest townread; I don't think that was true, it's that Jimmmmm was Kooshie's biggest townread.

No I meant that mcmc had a townread on kooshie and to me that is equivilant of Jimmm being Kooshie's biggest townread.

I want right now for Jimmm and mcmc to give reads on each other. What are the chances of a kooshie/jimmmm/mcmc scum team?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 29, 2013, 03:17:56 pm »

I guess that mcmc is already voting Jimmm... but Jimmm what do you think of mcmc?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 29, 2013, 03:25:27 pm »

After investigating the matter, it appears that sparky5856 did NOT put out a V/LA notice. I have sent him a prod. If this does not prompt an appearance (he has not signed on to the Forums in several days), I will seek a replacement.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 29, 2013, 03:34:16 pm »

Vote Count 2.7

Jimm (5) -- Ozle, Jorbles, mcmcsalot, sudgy, yuma {L-3}
sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
mcmcsalot (1) -- Eevee
Jorbles (1) -- ashersky
Insomniac (1) -- mail-mi

Not Voting (5) -- sparky5856, Jimm, Lekkit, raerae, liopoil

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM. There are 31 days left.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 29, 2013, 03:35:07 pm »

Wait I'm on insom? Vote: Jimmmmm that's better.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 29, 2013, 03:36:10 pm »

mail-mi, are you still voting for me intentionally?
Yeah, but you are seeming more towny now that your back. Vote: Insomniac

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 29, 2013, 03:38:47 pm »

I for one really hope that sparky comes back... if he doesn't this will be the second game in a row that would need a replacement after he started and left.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 29, 2013, 03:42:15 pm »

I for one really hope that sparky comes back... if he doesn't this will be the second game in a row that would need a replacement after he started and left.

I was angrily thinking the same.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 29, 2013, 04:04:48 pm »

Jimmmm - Most suscpious off wagon at the start of the Day. He 'im not newbie scum' defence was completely made up

Bullshit. Your "Jimmmmm is newbie scum" argument was terrible.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 29, 2013, 04:06:47 pm »

Jimmmm - Most suscpious off wagon at the start of the Day. He 'im not newbie scum' defence was completely made up

Bullshit. Your "Jimmmmm is newbie scum" argument was terrible.

Dont bullshit me, i never said you were newbie scum, I indicated you fitted into my 'newbie scum argument' because you were not around much so may not have been able to guide the newbie scum

And I have stated several times now that the whole newbie scum thing was just thinking aloud and not a serious proposition!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 29, 2013, 04:14:31 pm »

We actually have a lot of time left... but it would be nice to have night be over the long weekend...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 29, 2013, 04:14:59 pm »

And I have stated several times now that the whole newbie scum thing was just thinking aloud and not a serious proposition!

If you agree that it was a terrible argument, then my response to it is valid, and we have no problem.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 29, 2013, 04:15:38 pm »

Ive tried to clarify it several times that the thinking out loud thing was just rambling as I went along and that I don't think you are newbie scum, just not the most active scum (and thus newbie scum could have lynched in your absence. )

BUT ANYWAY the whole newbie scum thing we all dropped aaages ago. And continuting to use it as a defence in every breath you take is not really relevant.

*shrugs*

I've posted my reasons on why I think you are scum. Either that or you dont have the time to play and are not helping town much.

I'd rather lynch Insom to be honest, but that wasn't getting much traction!

Have you answered Yuma's question yet?

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 29, 2013, 04:18:20 pm »

If you agree that it was a terrible argument, then my response to it is valid, and we have no problem.

I disagree that it was an argument for your lynching in the first place, so you making it the main point in your defence when no one is thinking is is certainly not valid.

If we have plenty of time left then there is no need to rush one tonight, Im livin' it up this weekend so wont be about, which means the strange moving about in the night actions have to be done over easter, when no ones about, that would be bad wouldnt it?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 29, 2013, 04:18:54 pm »

BUT ANYWAY the whole newbie scum thing we all dropped aaages ago. And continuting to use it as a defence in every breath you take is not really relevant.

Wow. You're really intent on forcing this mislynch aren't you? But coming out with an outright lie is pretty risky isn't it?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 29, 2013, 04:19:17 pm »

Jimmm what do you think of mcmc?
this, and also what you think of lots of other people too :P

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 29, 2013, 04:20:42 pm »

I disagree that it was an argument for your lynching in the first place, so you making it the main point in your defence when no one is thinking is is certainly not valid.

It wasn't my main defense, it was me responding to one of the points made about me. Next time you make an argument you don't really mean, put an 'lol jk' after it or something, which will save a lot of confusion.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 29, 2013, 04:21:26 pm »

I guess that mcmc is already voting Jimmm... but Jimmm what do you think of mcmc?

His case on me was pretty scummy.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 29, 2013, 04:30:40 pm »

It wasn't my main defense, it was me responding to one of the points made about me. Next time you make an argument you don't really mean, put an 'lol jk' after it or something, which will save a lot of confusion.

Are you deliberately understanding what I am saying or just being argumentative for the sake of it? Or are you just not actually reading the comments before you post? I cant decide. Either way I find this comment particularily offensive.

Read the post again, it starts off by WARNING its a ramble and then in even the same post I put

"This is at odds with my newbie scum theory above, because I dont think newbie scum would do that, bus partner all the way. And the people OFF the wagon are not newbie scum. So its possible that we have newbie scum AND a vet who wasn't around much during the night phase."

Note it says :  "And the people OFF the wagon are not newbie scum".Ergo....if you are off the wagon then you are not a newbie!
That doesnt say you are the newbie scum, that implies you are the GOOD scum, followed by this post, which is implied to say you are newbie scum (when it actually means that you being a not there veteran actually fits with the previous discussion on the scum on wagon being newbie)

"1. Jimm   - Scum lean for being off lynch all day (and possibly newbie scum?). Could be diff timezone to other scum team."

Now I am not sure which parts of that you didnt understand, but I dont really care. I have used BOLD in this one for you to notice the salient points, because it seems you need indicators like 'lol jk' before you can understand stuff.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #874 on: March 29, 2013, 04:44:24 pm »

I also think we are looking for newbie scum here because of the Xeiron, or a couple of newbie scum and someone who isnt so active to help them out.

PPE: Warnings, this is a bit of a ramble and was just my thought process as I was typing it)

This is at odds with my newbie scum theory above, because I dont think newbie scum would do that, bus partner all the way. And the people OFF the wagon are not newbie scum. So its possible that we have newbie scum AND a vet who wasn't around much during the night phase.

Off Wagon: mcmc, Jimmmm, Insomniac, sparky and yuma

MCMC has been quite a bit of scum lately, we all know how good Insomniac is. Yuma obvious is not new. Sparky I remmeber has been quite a bit.

Which leaves me most suspicious of Jimmm out of that bunch.

So to summarise:

1. Jimm   - Scum lean for being off lynch all day (and possibly newbie scum?). Could be diff timezone to other scum team.

So you decide no one off wagon could be newbie scum, and then you look at everyone and PoE me because I'm the only one that fits your scenario of newbie scum. So I'm not meant to take this argument seriously? Saying "this is at odds with my newbie scum theory" doesn't mean that you're abandoning your newbie scum theory.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.