Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224103 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #775 on: March 27, 2013, 05:38:06 pm »

Hey, I'm a slow reader. But really, I have to read 30 pages, then address people's concerns about me, then try to make a case on someone more likely to be scum than me. It'll take a decent chunk of time.

No one... at least I hope no one is going to vote you until you are given a chance to respond.

But I for one think the following:

1. you have time to get online. This is evidenced by you coming in and saying, "hey guys I am here, but haven't had time to do anything, life is really busy.

2. being busy outside of this game is ok. In fact I think it is normal. I am doing some pretty heavy procrastinating as I type this...

3. but you haven't offered anything in these times. So either you are town who feels that he can only offer substance if he does a complete reread. This I think is a fallacy town often makes. Just reading as the game goes along and making comments here and there when you do get online--and then doing a reread later when you have more time--I think is the better approach. Or you are scum, who is using real life as an excuse... Scum is not beyond doing this....

4. based off your interactions with kooshie and some other general play, I think you fit the model as scum better than town. If you are town and being mislynched then RL is definitely a contributing factor and that sucks, but hopefully we will be able to get some concrete evidence out of your lynch and who pushed for it, etc... Hopefully we also won't lynch you before you get your reads in.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 27, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »

agreed with no more voting for sure. If somebody does I'll unvote.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 27, 2013, 05:40:27 pm »

eh, I don't read anything from it. it is a pointless post, but whenever I was going to say something and someone beats me to it I always  want to just post it anyway.
I don't, but would think I'd be more likely as scum.

It's annoying to type a post and then see that someone beat me to it. I guess it's pointless, but you're barking at shadows. I want to hear if yuma is still unwilling to vote at L-4.

Sorry I got confused with the L-X. My reason for not voting Jimmm has nothing to do with what L-X he is at. It has more to do with me being semi-VLA and I don't think that leaving my vote on when I am not sure of what sort of internet access I will have for this week is the best course of play for town. I am willing to vote for Jimmmm after I have consistent internet access (or we get increasinly close to some sort of soft deadline) and after he gives a response (or an excessive amount of time goes by w/o him giving some sort of response).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 27, 2013, 05:42:03 pm »

I am also going to say that while I have never been in that situation losing a mafia player day1 can be very demoralizing for scum. Look at MXI, where the scum team more or less gave up and stopped posting altogether as a whole, or MXVII where Frisk competely gave up as scum as examples.

Scum know that losing a player day1 significantly increases the odds of losing, and as that happens players stop posting as much and lose interest in the game because they know it is a lost cause. I don't know if that is happening here... but I am certainly going to be looking for it.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 27, 2013, 07:00:34 pm »

I am also going to say that while I have never been in that situation losing a mafia player day1 can be very demoralizing for scum. Look at MXI, where the scum team more or less gave up and stopped posting altogether as a whole, or MXVII where Frisk competely gave up as scum as examples.

Scum know that losing a player day1 significantly increases the odds of losing, and as that happens players stop posting as much and lose interest in the game because they know it is a lost cause. I don't know if that is happening here... but I am certainly going to be looking for it.

I hadn't thought about this argument, but this is very possible. It can be very frustrating to be losing any of these forum games, given how much time you are committing to them. Not everyone is willing to keep trying when things are going badly for them or their team.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: March 27, 2013, 07:17:06 pm »

Probably means we should be looking at the lurkers.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 27, 2013, 07:27:03 pm »

Probably means we should be looking at the lurkers.

Lurkers definetly. Jimmmm and insom fall under both the lurker and the off kooshie wagon status. My vote's stayin on jimmmmm
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 27, 2013, 07:34:03 pm »

Coming back in and saying you are about to do a re-read Time after Time isn't the same thing as coming in and saying you are busy in RL. If your busy, your busy. In hindsight maybe signing up to a big Mafia game isn't the best thing to do before a big assignment is due?

Anyways, i have been happy with lynching massive lurkers since the beginning, the odd small amount of posting here and there are not much. If people dont have time for Mafia games for chunks of time, they shouldn't sign up to them to be honest. Its a game based on continuous interactions.

there a re lot of people in this game because its big, and not very much scum, especially as we got one early.

I still think the Insom angry is fake angry (if its not then sorry Insom, but if you are going to fake angry and other emotions in other games, if you are legit upset here then its your own fault if nobody believes it!)

And there is only one reason to be fake angry...scum covering lurking or other things.

Anyways, happy to keep my vote on jimmm, or switch to Insom.
Or even Sparky, whats he said this game? Nothing recently.

There are a few others I feel are a bit scummy, but not so much that I would lead a charge for them.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 27, 2013, 07:59:01 pm »

What's Jimmmmm at now?  Should we just lynch?  Might be better to get to night.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 27, 2013, 08:02:01 pm »

You can lynch me now, or you can lynch me tomorrow after I've had time to form reads and make people justify their vote.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 27, 2013, 08:03:31 pm »

You can lynch me now, or you can lynch me tomorrow after I've had time to form reads and make people justify their vote.

Are you good with a soft Jimmmmm lynch deadline?  Say tomorrow at 8:00 p.m. forum time?

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 27, 2013, 08:04:21 pm »

Tomorrow Tomorrow!
I'm happy with this self imposed deadline!

Have you actually got time though?
Because if you haven't, dont force yourself into a corner that helps nobody (especially not you)
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 27, 2013, 08:11:02 pm »

Can we make it, say, midnight instead?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 27, 2013, 08:17:36 pm »

We probably should have decided on a soft deadline at the beginning of the day, but yeah,  let's decide on Jimmmmm by midnight tommorow... for now, until Jimmmmm catches up maybe we should decide on a second canidate if we don't lynch Jimmmmm?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 27, 2013, 08:32:11 pm »

We probably should have decided on a soft deadline at the beginning of the day, but yeah,  let's decide on Jimmmmm by midnight tommorow... for now, until Jimmmmm catches up maybe we should decide on a second canidate if we don't lynch Jimmmmm?
Insomniac?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 27, 2013, 08:33:39 pm »

I'm leaning more on sparky, although he hasn't even been online since the 23rd.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 27, 2013, 09:23:36 pm »

I'm leaning more on sparky, although he hasn't even been online since the 23rd.

but have you seen what sparky did post when he was here? vs what insom posted I thing its a pretty easy call.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 27, 2013, 09:43:35 pm »

sparky has posted more content... I don't know. See, I re-read over half of the players in this game near the beginning of D2, decided who was the most likely to be scum, then forgot all my reasons for that. I just remember finding sparky more scummy. I should reconsider.

Actually, mail-mi is probably a better lynch than sparky or insom. His position on the kooshie wagon was somewhat safe. He started out looking like he was against it, and was going to try to get me lynched instead, then backed off. The claiming-thing and dice rolling are scummy too. Oh, and before the kooshie thing he had a scumread on me, I made a point, then later sparky made the same point about me. When sparky said it he backed off, but not when I said it. There was also that thing recently about flipping his read on jimmmmm.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 27, 2013, 10:13:05 pm »

Actually, mail-mi is probably a better lynch than sparky or insom. His position on the kooshie wagon was somewhat safe. He started out looking like he was against it, and was going to try to get me lynched instead, then backed off. The claiming-thing and dice rolling are scummy too. Oh, and before the kooshie thing he had a scumread on me, I made a point, then later sparky made the same point about me. When sparky said it he backed off, but not when I said it. There was also that thing recently about flipping his read on jimmmmm.
Don't lynch me because I have access to something that could really help town.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 27, 2013, 10:15:05 pm »

Trying to get yourself nightkilled mail-mi?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: March 27, 2013, 10:15:42 pm »

Trying to get yourself nightkilled mail-mi?
No I'm trying to get myself not lynched.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 27, 2013, 10:16:59 pm »

But what's the point of that if scum now knows you have something worth keeping you around for?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 27, 2013, 10:17:48 pm »

Mail-mi... why'd you say that? You don't have any votes on you yet! Yuma and ozle are not gonna be happy...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 27, 2013, 10:18:32 pm »

Yeah, that strikes me as a really big overreaction.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 27, 2013, 10:20:11 pm »

Which it was. Sorry about that  :-\ shouldn't have said that. It was because I saw that and I just typed that without thinking.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.