Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224169 times)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #725 on: March 25, 2013, 04:48:24 pm »

<Cut out post>

vote: mcmc

2 reasons--this post is scummy (is this about sudgy or me?) and yuma's case. 

I will unvote if raerae says you are town.

Wait, What what what?
Is anybody else Missing the reason for this?

A) why?
B) What makes Raerae so townie in your eyes?
C) Sheep Yuma then pre-emptively sheep Raerae
D) Voting for someone but placing responsibility on someone else, and also placing responsibility on someone else for your unvote!

Welcome to the top of my 'looking scummy' list?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #726 on: March 25, 2013, 04:56:31 pm »

well, I think the idea is that raerae reads mcmc well, but it could be very bad if we get to lylo, raerae is scum, and mcmc is still alive...

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 25, 2013, 05:09:22 pm »

I haven't been posting recently because I've been really busy irl.  Sorry.  Should clear up in a few days.

I'm voting for Insomniac because he hasn't been posting much, and with barely any content.  And his defense was scummy.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 25, 2013, 05:14:49 pm »

Okay raerae doesn't read mcmc that well (at least we don't have sufficient evidence to conclude that), and also we don't raerae's alignment.

I think one scum on wagon two off is most likely. I'd say two scum on wagon and all three off it are almost equally probable.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 25, 2013, 05:21:31 pm »

Okay raerae doesn't read mcmc that well (at least we don't have sufficient evidence to conclude that), and also we don't raerae's alignment.

I think one scum on wagon two off is most likely. I'd say two scum on wagon and all three off it are almost equally probable.

oh right kooshie was scum, 2 scum off wagon means one on wagon, which does make looking off wagon much smarter, okay that makes sense. Seeing as my case on sudgy did nothing but remind me of how crazy scummy ash is.

Also eevee, she peged me as scum in ZMIX, and knew I was scum in MXXI, she also was one of the only people who argued strongly against my lynch in MXX and oh yea she was right I was town. She has correctly guessed my alignment in all 3 games we have been together and both when I was scum and town, to say we don't have sufficient evidence is a drastic understatement.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 25, 2013, 05:29:48 pm »

I don't think it is, three games is very little when trying to draw conclusions regarding future games. I mean I agree her opinion should be weighed when making a read on you, maybe even valued higher than a random opinion, but we don't even know her alignment here. I'd rather use my own judgement or listen to my top town reads. Saying "lets lynch mcmc unless raerae thinks otherwise" is a recipe for disaster unless we learn more of her.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 25, 2013, 05:34:43 pm »

Saying "lets lynch mcmc unless raerae thinks otherwise" is a recipe for disaster unless we learn more of her.

I do agree with this.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 25, 2013, 05:38:20 pm »

Wow a lot has happened. I'm gonna Vote: Jimmmmm b/c I'm not behind the insom lynch any more (upon reflection, he sounds more like frustrated town than angry scum) and come on Jimmmm? Where the heck are you?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 25, 2013, 05:39:32 pm »

I'm around, I just need to do a pretty big re-read before I'm in the position to have any sort of opinion. Sorry!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 25, 2013, 05:40:53 pm »

Wow a lot has happened. I'm gonna Vote: Jimmmmm b/c I'm not behind the insom lynch any more (upon reflection, he sounds more like frustrated town than angry scum) and come on Jimmmm? Where the heck are you?
This post seems very very scummy to me, especially in light of the fact that just this morning he was fine with it:
I think my vote is already on insom.

he says he changed his mind... but ehhhh...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 25, 2013, 05:44:20 pm »

This post seems very very scummy to me, especially in light of the fact that just this morning he was fine with it:
I think my vote is already on insom.

he says he changed his mind... but ehhhh...
Spanish class man. A lot of wasted time can make you rethink things.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 25, 2013, 08:43:56 pm »

Hey, guys, I'm backish.  For some reason I'm having a terrible time getting myself invested in this game and every time I try to throw myself in again I get discouraged and give up.  I tried to do some wagon analysis but there are just too many alive people for me to get anything out of that.  I feel like that will be a better tool in future days but it's just not hitting for me right now.  So, add that to the fact that my biggest scumread (lio) pioneered a scum lynch yesterday and I'm back at zero. 

I think I like the Jimmmmm lynch more than Insom because I do have high expectations for Jimmmmmm as town and he is not coming close to meeting them.  But, as a few people have already pointed out, I'm a bit leery that we have been steered toward those two. 

As for mcmc, I don't have a solid read on him but what little I have is townish.  I have to be honest though, I don't put a lot of stock in that yet because it's been a big game and I just don't expect to get anything solid until later in the game.  On that note, FOS Eevee for so loudly objecting to the fact that I know mcmc.  He's played with both of us, once when they were both scum and once when we were both town so.  I shouldn't be blindly followed but to downplay how well I can read him is weird. 

That's all I can do for now, sorry guys.  I'll try to be back later to address a few more things.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 25, 2013, 09:21:12 pm »

<Cut out post>

vote: mcmc

2 reasons--this post is scummy (is this about sudgy or me?) and yuma's case. 

I will unvote if raerae says you are town.

Wait, What what what?
Is anybody else Missing the reason for this?

A) why?
B) What makes Raerae so townie in your eyes?
C) Sheep Yuma then pre-emptively sheep Raerae
D) Voting for someone but placing responsibility on someone else, and also placing responsibility on someone else for your unvote!

Welcome to the top of my 'looking scummy' list?

Thanks.  It's nice here.  I'm happy to be mislynched if it helps the game (see my argument with Eevee on this in MnM), but I think it hurts town to mislynch me today.  You can mislynch me tomorrow if you are still convinced I bussed Kooshie, but really, read my interactions with her.  I called her out as newbie scum fairly early on.

I mean, I guess that's a good vet route if you want to bus for town cred early in a game, but I don't think it's worth it unless the scum team is unusually large, say 5-6 folks.  We've seen how detrimental it can be to a 2/3 man team to lose a teammate early.

For that, I think off-wagon is your best bed.  Mcmc would definitely be willing to go out on a limb to save a partner, given how much he looks up to his brother and Robz has done the same thing.  Mcmc stayed off the Kooshie wagon, and here's his last post of D1:

Ugh very scummy on xeiron hammering befor people say anything and hammering out of the blue(no posts previously) and a vote change in that same post my vote will be on him tomorrow. Also still don't think kooshie is scum sorry I didn't argue harder. But his wagon will give us a lot tomorrow.

On raerae, she's proven herself game after game of being able to call mcmc's alignment perfectly.  No reason to go against that.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 25, 2013, 10:26:17 pm »

I'm mostly against using three games as a sufficient sample size. Raerae has a good track record of reading mcmc, but I just think most of it is variance. Streaks like that happen.

Of Ins/Jimm/mcmc, Jimmm reads a bit towny to me (his explanations for not contributing resonate with me, I also think it's possible he'd just try to contribute something if he was scum). Ins is perfectly capable of faking that frustration, and mcmc hasn't done anything I think is towny. But, sparky is not doing ANYTHING, which is scummier than Ins or mcmc. Also seems to be working, is there any reason people aren't even mentioning him?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 25, 2013, 11:07:24 pm »

hmm, eevee sounds scummier with each post, and ash continues to make me think hmm is he now offering himself up because thats what he thinks is best for town(he always does) or is he doing it so he can say thats always my stance and claim its town!ash ugh. Anyway I understand why we should look off wagon and will stop wasting our time digging up cases on on wagon people. I'll take a look at people tomorrow morning.

One thing to think on, if w feel steered toward jimm,insom we should look at the other off wagon who's scum partners can guide the off wagon lynches. So me, yuma, sparky

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 25, 2013, 11:15:03 pm »

I'm mostly against using three games as a sufficient sample size. Raerae has a good track record of reading mcmc, but I just think most of it is variance. Streaks like that happen.

Of Ins/Jimm/mcmc, Jimmm reads a bit towny to me (his explanations for not contributing resonate with me, I also think it's possible he'd just try to contribute something if he was scum). Ins is perfectly capable of faking that frustration, and mcmc hasn't done anything I think is towny. But, sparky is not doing ANYTHING, which is scummier than Ins or mcmc. Also seems to be working, is there any reason people aren't even mentioning him?

On this, Ins has been mostly absent and frustrated, I wouldn't put it past him to pretend to be this frustrated, but I can't say that he's doing that with any certainty. I still would be okay with this lynch however...

Jimmmm has been totally actilurking his last post, just made me think that he's scum even more than before. Look at it:
I'm around, I just need to do a pretty big re-read before I'm in the position to have any sort of opinion. Sorry!
That's not content, that's just an excuse. I've never seen town Jimmmm do that. I admit I haven't played with him that much, but I've read a lot of his games. He doesn't usually provide this little content. (This is in fact what Kooshie was doing when she was on the ropes.) I still think Jimmmm is the scummiest player thus far.

In response to Eevee's coments about sparky, I have to say sparky has kinda slipped through the cracks for me. I will check it out, but first I want to comment on ashersky's play.

Ashersky has been playing totally weird this game. First he was playing as that weird tellbot, and now his reason's for his recent vote are something I don't understand at all. Is it possible that ashersky is just playing weird to try and make himself difficult to read? This is the sort of thing someone might try as scum, although he could be doing this to try and make himself more difficult to read in future games (playing to be scum in the future) which I think is anti-town.

Anyhow just wanted to say that, going to read sparky's last bunch of posts.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 25, 2013, 11:23:55 pm »

Alright on sparky:

He has been a bit lurky d2, but during d1 he did mention other time commitments that could be interfering. His d1 play seems not scummy at all, I in fact got a town read on him for his d1 play. He was going after Kooshie, and had stated intent to vote. He's certainly not any more scummy than other players like Ozle who were offwagon, but attacking Kooshie. D2 I admit he hasn't posted a lot of content, but his D1 play makes me have a slight town lean on him. I think we have much better candidates for lynch right now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 25, 2013, 11:25:06 pm »

mcmc, what of my posts makes me seem scummy to you?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 25, 2013, 11:29:50 pm »

mcmc, what of my posts makes me seem scummy to you?

well you disagreeing with raerae being able to read me just didn't seem like something you would do, town or scum. Which leads me to believe you are scum and have alterior motives. But after that I guess I was just biasing the fact that you found jimm town when it looks like alot of people find him scummy, but as I have not reread myself I shouldn't have made that statement. apologies.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 25, 2013, 11:40:27 pm »

i don't find jimm town. I find him townier than you, Ins and sparky.

actually vote:mcmc, that attack on me you couldnt back up is scummy, and others don't seem to agree with my sparky suspicions.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 26, 2013, 08:29:11 am »

throwing this out there, has scum!mcmc EVER made an argument he couldn't back up...also fun fact, I have negatively impacted town every single game I was town. The only time I wasn't mislynched as town, I was an ic. And the only time I have lynched scum as town, I sheeped galzria(my fellow ic) despite me thinking he was wrong. Myabe when mcmc is confused and makes bad cases and points fingers at a lot of people, its because hes confused and has no idea what going on because hes town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 26, 2013, 09:03:28 am »

throwing this out there, has scum!mcmc EVER made an argument he couldn't back up...also fun fact, I have negatively impacted town every single game I was town. The only time I wasn't mislynched as town, I was an ic. And the only time I have lynched scum as town, I sheeped galzria(my fellow ic) despite me thinking he was wrong. Myabe when mcmc is confused and makes bad cases and points fingers at a lot of people, its because hes confused and has no idea what going on because hes town.

Maybe mcmc knows all of this and would be sure to play accordingly.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 26, 2013, 10:50:44 am »

So you're saying we should ignore everything you do ever because if you're scum you'll play against us and if you're town you'll play anti-town by mistake?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:54 am »

I actively am trying to be a good town player. Statistically yes, you should never lynch the person I want to lynch. But statistically you should also never lynch eevee. The fact of the matter is eevee could still be scum just because he almost never is, and I could be right about who I think is scum. I have also played very few town games and am still evolving my scumhunting methods and whatnot.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 26, 2013, 01:14:42 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

Insomniac (1) -- sudgy
Jimm (4) -- Ozle, Jorbles, liopoil, mail-mi
sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
mcmcsalot (2) -- ashersky, Eevee

Not Voting (6) -- sparky5856, mcmcsalot, yuma, Jimm, Lekkit, raerae

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.