Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224141 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #650 on: March 22, 2013, 03:45:21 pm »

PPE: Also, I think I saw someone commenting earlier that if they went down to 0 money that would help prove thier town status. No it doesnt unfortunately.

...How do you know this?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 22, 2013, 03:48:43 pm »

Whoa, Insomniac, getting a little angry? Lurk and then come back super mad is scummy to me. vote: insom
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 22, 2013, 03:58:04 pm »

PPE: Also, I think I saw someone commenting earlier that if they went down to 0 money that would help prove thier town status. No it doesnt unfortunately.

...How do you know this?

....how do you know this isnt the case?
Have you seen all the bank?

Seriously, are people STILL asking these sorts of fishing questions for absolutely no gain??!

I'll repeat it again, One Last Time.......unless you have a picture of everything that's in the bank you CANNOT say for sure that something (For example there is only one way to lose money and thats the scum Pillage ability) is the case. You simply have no idea whats in the bank and what they do!

Say for example there is an item that lets you take money off a player. That person thinks they have been pillages, claims. And then another town player also claims they have been pillaged. Following the absolute stated above, we would probably lynch one, they woudl turn out town. Then lynch the other one, which would also turn out town. Boom, Scum probably won now. Well done

This isn't an edge case or a weird scenario, this is a PERFECTLY valid situation, and why you should not speculate or fish about items, map locations UNLESS YOU HAVE A REAL GOOD CASE OF CATCHING SCUM OR SAVING TOWN.

By asking questions like you did, you have made me defend myself or look scummy, which means I have possibly let out information to scum. Well done.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 22, 2013, 04:06:07 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

Insomniac (3) -- Jorbles, sudgy, mail-mi
Jimm (1) -- Ozle

Not Voting (10) -- sparky5856, mcmcsalot, yuma, Jimm, liopoil, Eevee, Lekkit, ashersky, raerae, Insomniac

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. You begin eating into your banked time at 8:00 PM on Sunday.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 22, 2013, 05:08:39 pm »

if two or more people claim to have lost money than we don't know anything about their alignment, like ozle said. However, if exactly one claims then we should be fairly confident that the player is town.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 22, 2013, 05:14:26 pm »

But scum might just not pillage and claim they lost money.  Can they not pillage?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 22, 2013, 05:15:11 pm »

Whoa, Insomniac, getting a little angry? Lurk and then come back super mad is scummy to me. vote: insom

I get angry as town all the time, but yes I can also fake angry as scum, so am I being sincere this game or not. Also why is anger scummy?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 22, 2013, 05:16:04 pm »

Have to catch up on this but not feeling well right now, shooting for later tonight.  Please no lynches until I'm around. 

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 22, 2013, 05:20:21 pm »

I get angry as town all the time, but yes I can also fake angry as scum, so am I being sincere this game or not. Also why is anger scummy?
Well, flipping out when some people vote for you is scummy.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 22, 2013, 05:20:39 pm »

if two or more people claim to have lost money than we don't know anything about their alignment, like ozle said. However, if exactly one claims then we should be fairly confident that the player is town.

Again, No No No.

Say I leave this post and say nothing and people think 'yeah that seems legit'
Scum read this. They do not pillage tonight.
One of their members claims to be pillaged, no one counter claims, you have now convinced everyone put a 'fairly confident' town label on them!
Thats worth the scum not pillaging a small amount of coins wouldn't you think?!

Again, not an edge case, or a theoretical situation involving made up items, thats just simple logic from the info in opening post.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 22, 2013, 05:22:01 pm »

that's why we shouldn't be certain about it. I highly doubt they did that though.

I don't think insom is scum. He's provided more content than jimmmmmm, and reaction sounded genuine.

@ozle, so you're telling me that the way you think you might be able to clear a townie, 100%, and there isn't any item in the bank that could change this???

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 22, 2013, 05:22:36 pm »

Scum read this. They do not pillage tonight.
I'm talking about today.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 22, 2013, 05:33:35 pm »

Off Wagon: mcmc, Jimmmm, Insomniac, sparky and yuma

MCMC has been quite a bit of scum lately, we all know how good Insomniac is. Yuma obvious is not new. Sparky I remmeber has been quite a bit.

Which leaves me most suspicious of Jimmm out of that bunch.

RNGs do not take into account who was scum most recently. Gambler's fallacy. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your argument though. Are you saying that because Jimmmm hasn't played scum recently he'd be the least experienced as a scum player?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 22, 2013, 05:36:42 pm »

Also I'm going to unvote for now. I'm not confident enough in Insomniac's scumminess to definitely lynch him.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 22, 2013, 05:47:33 pm »

Well, flipping out when some people vote for you is scummy.
no it isn't. scum is calm, and knows it is just town scumhunting well. for town it's frustrating because you know they're wrong.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 22, 2013, 06:00:33 pm »

that's why we shouldn't be certain about it. I highly doubt they did that though.

I don't think insom is scum. He's provided more content than jimmmmmm, and reaction sounded genuine.

@ozle, so you're telling me that the way you think you might be able to clear a townie, 100%, and there isn't any item in the bank that could change this???

*sigh*
I knew this would come up , and I knew it would be because you either didnt understand or read properly, or that you were just sulking because I proved your obvious theory wrong. Probably from this comment ("but, like someone will likely chime in and say, (yuma, ozle?) all sorts of wacky stuff could have happened last night which makes it a bad idea...")
This sort of self belief in your own ideas is what is dangerous here, the thought that anybody who disagrees with you must have a 'wacky case'

It wasnt a wacky stuff, wasnt an edge case or anything, simple hard facts from the opening post information.

You say you are talking about today all of a sudden, ok. Heres another case for you:
Scum pillaged a player who had 0 coins, which is highly likely if people are still exploring.
Now that scum got 0 coins, so he knows there was no result to the player he targeted
Therefore he can safely claim to have been pillaged himself.

Another case:
Scum wanted to trasnfer money between themselves to make sure they can buy something big the following, so pillaged another scum player.
Ergo, only one pillaged person.
Claims.
You convince people he now has massive town cred.

Are we done with this yet?

Randomly guessing something and claiming it will make people get good Town cred is bad

I have ACTUAL HELPFUL INFORMATION THAT I HAVE LEARNT that could clear someone if the answers come are right and in the right order.

See the difference?

I apologise for the big bold letters, but this is what, the 4th or 5th time I have had to explain why theorycrafting is bad in a game like this and I really want to get my point across because England are actually winning a game of football and I Dont want to miss a Thing without having to worry about town giving out massive helpful hints to scum when im not paying attention.

Now, clearly you are good at this game, much better than me, you read Kooshie VERY well, well done, Town owes you a lot for that, and i think town would benefit greatly from you concentrating on your excellent reading abilities than getting hung up on stuff we cannot know whether we know or not.

I see you are not so sure on Insomniac, what do you think about Eevee and Sparky?

For Jorbles
Off Wagon: mcmc, Jimmmm, Insomniac, sparky and yuma

MCMC has been quite a bit of scum lately, we all know how good Insomniac is. Yuma obvious is not new. Sparky I remmeber has been quite a bit.

Which leaves me most suspicious of Jimmm out of that bunch.

RNGs do not take into account who was scum most recently. Gambler's fallacy. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your argument though. Are you saying that because Jimmmm hasn't played scum recently he'd be the least experienced as a scum player?

Yes, maybe I wasnt clear. Out of those I think Jimm has not been as much mafia scum as them recently, so is less practiced at it. Therefore still possibly fits into my newbie scum theory. (But that line of reasoning was only so I could try to keep my 'newbie scum' theory, which didnt look so brilliant by the end of my post after I thought it through')

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 22, 2013, 06:05:21 pm »

Wow, that came out far more shouty sounding that I meant it too! For which I Apologise!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 22, 2013, 06:09:59 pm »

I don't think you should get too hung up on your newbie scum theory, ozle. Scum
could have had reasons we don't know of for killing xeiron. I think that's more likely than a scum team of busy/new players who just didnt realize xeiron would have appeared suspicious today. You are giving scum way too little credit in my opinion.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 22, 2013, 06:15:40 pm »

could have had reasons we don't know of for killing xeiron. I think that's more likely than a scum team of busy/new players who just didnt realize xeiron would have appeared suspicious today. You are giving scum way too little credit in my opinion.

Im not.

It was a good idea to start with it seemed, but then as I worked through it out loud I realised it didn't hold much weight.

If it was a newbie scum team I doubt they would all have bussed thier team mate, and there are not enough newbie scum off wagon for it to work.

My votes on jimmmm for being off wagon, lurkiness, providing little content. All the Small Things added together really

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 22, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »

Well, I didn't start in a hallway.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 22, 2013, 06:24:30 pm »

vote: Eevee

Took too much offense at having his bad night kill decision criticized.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 22, 2013, 06:56:09 pm »

vote: Eevee

Took too much offense at having his bad night kill decision criticized.

He didn't seem very offended to me. For reference:

Ash's vote seems scummy to me for how little sense it makes.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 22, 2013, 06:57:43 pm »

I think you missread that. I completely agree with there being lots of wacky stuff in the bank, which makes it a bad idea. there is more than likely lots of other ways to lose money, and reasons for scum to no-pillage, or pillage themself.

I guess I ought to have learned my lesson from DS9 about not putting anything past scum... they have so much more info than us that they could have all sorts of reasons for their actions.

My current guess is that xeiron got something really good at night, which scum found out about.

ozle: I think sparky is scummy for the post I quoted earlier. He wasn't as behind the lynch as ozle was. and he has agreed with me WAY too much...

I haven't taken a good look at eevee yet.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 22, 2013, 07:32:24 pm »

I read eevee, I think he's towny. He was second on the kooshie wagon, and has actually contributed a fair bit.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 22, 2013, 09:00:26 pm »

late to a good wagon is always going to look a little scummy even if it's done with the best intentions.)

I wasn't late; I recall going after Kooshie a couple times before announcing my intent to vote. I was just late with my vote.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.