Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224170 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #425 on: March 18, 2013, 01:33:14 pm »

Fixed that. Thanks. You are all casting a lot of votes, good heavens!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 18, 2013, 01:41:58 pm »

You are now eating into your deadline time. At this point, the game would end on Friday, April 26th, at 7:00 PM.

I dont know if anyone picked this up, but time is fairly liberal here!

Thats 40 Days and Night, which is a LOT of time.

well Robz' last game went super long. I don't remember how many in game days we had but it went 86 real life days and was ~ 11 mafia days long... so if each night was 2-3 days that is ~ 24 real life days gone out of the 86, putting us at ~ 62? And yes, Robz's last game had a lot more players which added to its length, but this game also has quite a few players, but not to the extent that that game did.

Moral of the story. Let's have soft deadlines, but not rush into anything. As mafia in ash's game I feel like that rush helped immensely as mafia because it gave easy excuses to join onto the arch, insom wagons and hurried other players into voting for someone more because of a time crunch than scummy play.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 18, 2013, 01:45:55 pm »

So we have two onboard for Wednesday at 8. One for Thursday. Should we just shoot for Wednesday/Thursday or does somebody have a different preference?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 18, 2013, 02:05:04 pm »

So we have two onboard for Wednesday at 8. One for Thursday. Should we just shoot for Wednesday/Thursday or does somebody have a different preference?

Wednesday is good for me, I am of the opinion that D1s are usually too long, and the later days are where you develop more useful reads and analysis.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 18, 2013, 02:21:48 pm »

Wednesday is good for me, I am of the opinion that D1s are usually too long, and the later days are where you develop more useful reads and analysis.

Alright, as you both have suggested Wednesday or Thursday will be fine with me. However unless I get a proper scumread on someone my vote will probably go on the person I think is the lurkiest.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 18, 2013, 02:24:25 pm »

It's funny how everyone's saying about yuma, "I don't have a Townread on you, therefore you must be Town."

Yuma is my strongest town read right now but I have a habit of reading him wrong lately. In games where he is scum though I tend to read his posts and think he has a strong point but expresses it in a way that is non confrontational and often forgettable. Here he has been much more confrontational and is one of the people I remember is playing this game the most
I pretty much agree with this, although I don't claim to be able to read yuma AT ALL. But, the basis for my town read I believe I already explained earlier was exactly this, he was making sense AND being very controversial. Sure, he is devious enough to do whatever as scum, but that just feels like so much of a town trait to me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 18, 2013, 02:28:51 pm »

Eevee lurking is probably the most bothersome to me of their post CPU gets. Though I put far less into that stat since I have lurked as town and its just because I'm busy in RL (talking about masons vs monks right now)
I dont understand what a post CPU means, but just in case someone hasnt noticed.. I'm in Miami, mostly relying on phone access. I'm less active everywhere. Now, this doesn't try to be an excuse for ending up at the bottom of the post counts - it just takes me a while to get a hang of the game. I'm sure I'll be pulling my weight even later in day 1, and especially later.

Masons and Monks would be a finished game I could use as an example. I was town, borderline missing for 80% of day 1. Then, deadline started approaching and I was arguing (town) lynches through left and right.

So, sorry, IRL busies / hard to remember who is doing what at this point, but I'm sure lynching me for not contributing doesn't need to happen. Just need more concrete stuff to pick on, beginnings of day 1s are hard.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 18, 2013, 04:14:01 pm »

I switched my vote to Insom, btw.  unvote to save trouble.

I think lurking Yuma is town, so if he isn't super active, we may be safe.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 18, 2013, 04:20:23 pm »

Liopoil: 47
Ashersky: 26
Ozle: 25
Mail-mi: 25
Sudgy: 18
Sparky5856: 17
Yuma: 16
Jimmmmm: 15
Mcmcsalot: 13
Kooshie: 13
Xeiron: 8
Eevee: 7
Lekkit: 6
Raerae: 5
Jorbles: 5
Insomniac: 4
So mcmc and up have been contributing plenty. Xeiron's posts have been quality too I think, though it would be nice if he posted some reads. eevee, lekkit, jorbles, and insomniac have sited reasons for not being able to post as much as they would like to. raerae just joined the game recently. That leaves kooshie, who I think is our only real lurker. Note that she popped up right away when I posted more about her, asked for quotes, which I gave, said she would respond, then disappeared again.

(post count is a few pages old and fairly outdated.)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 18, 2013, 04:23:28 pm »

I also think Yuma is towny. I'm not sure what people have been finding scummy about him...

mail-mi is my second biggest scumread, for the claiming thing which seemed to be an attempt to get towncred for claiming early, and then voting me right when I posted the kooshie thing.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 18, 2013, 04:24:39 pm »

vote: liopoil

Mcmc is contributing plenty but Kooshie gets your lurker tag?  They have the exact same number of posts in your quote.  Sounds like trying to form a bad case on D1.  Scum tell (really).
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 18, 2013, 04:26:34 pm »

My reasons do not mean I shouldnt be considered a lurker. Like, IRL reasons or not, I have been posting only a little. Judge me accordingly. Otherwise it's just unfair, Kooshie has to post about some busies he has irl too to get off the hook? We all have lives outside this forum.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 18, 2013, 04:27:58 pm »

Mcmc is contributing plenty but Kooshie gets your lurker tag?  They have the exact same number of posts in your quote.  Sounds like trying to form a bad case on D1.  Scum tell (really).

Trying to wrap my head around why he would do this, liopoil has been in a few games now, and was in the large ds9 game, why would scum!liopoil tunnel this hard and push instead of just letting the game go on. If he is scum, they can surely divert a D1 lynch and are likely to just let the lynch land on whoever.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 18, 2013, 04:29:44 pm »

kooshie's posts have pretty much no content. mcmc's do. Also I think mcmc has more posts now. I only think lurking is scummy if it is intentional, which it isn't for anyone else. So yeah, I guess eevee, lekkit, insom, and jorbles are lurking, but I don't think that makes them scummy because they are busy doing more important things.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 18, 2013, 04:35:11 pm »

This applies A LOT to blitz-games, but to an extent works in normal mafia as well: As town, one is so into finding scum they just MAKE time to post. I've faked going to bathroom multiple times when I'm spending with friends  and it would be rude to bury all my attention to my phone just to get to scream "ROBZ IS SO OBVSCUM!!" in a blitz game. If I had been scum, I would have said "I'm at a party, really just cant post sorry!"

So, how much you post when you don't really have much time is actually a pretty significant tell. Just very hard to quantify about anyone but yourself.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 18, 2013, 04:37:39 pm »

kooshie's posts have pretty much no content. mcmc's do. Also I think mcmc has more posts now. I only think lurking is scummy if it is intentional, which it isn't for anyone else. So yeah, I guess eevee, lekkit, insom, and jorbles are lurking, but I don't think that makes them scummy because they are busy doing more important things.

Eh, I shouldn't be off the hook entirely, but I'll take it. I do agree that mcmc is at least providing some content. Kooshie's immediate response after being called out seems to imply that she's actually paying attention, but isn't contributing much.

I think liopoil is doing a good job of pushing the game ahead, I admit this could be scum!liopoil taking advantage of some bad town play. Maybe Kooshie isn't scum, but she hasn't been adding much to the game, so my vote will stand.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 18, 2013, 04:52:13 pm »

that's a good point eevee, so I guess even if you are busy, lurking is still scummy. but still, isn't not posting when you AREN'T busy way more scummy? I can't think of a good reason for town to do it, but there are valid reasons for scum to.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 18, 2013, 05:15:17 pm »

My reasons do not mean I shouldnt be considered a lurker. Like, IRL reasons or not, I have been posting only a little. Judge me accordingly. Otherwise it's just unfair, Kooshie has to post about some busies he has irl too to get off the hook? We all have lives outside this forum.

Oh I'll Be Watching You Mr Eevee I'll be watching you!

I've faked going to bathroom multiple times when I'm spending with friends

Yeah, dont blame your bladder problems on Mafia, not buying that for a second!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 18, 2013, 05:16:08 pm »

Also, if I am at a party, I like to Party! mafia can sod off to be honest!

But thats ok because I dont generally get invited to parties so its not a problem!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 18, 2013, 05:34:07 pm »

I think I agree enough with Liopoil to Vote: Kooshie.  She doesn't lurk like this usually.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 18, 2013, 05:44:44 pm »

I could go kooshie, but im still wary of liopoil. unvote for now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 18, 2013, 05:46:25 pm »

I'm noticing that mail-mi and sudgy do things at the same time a lot. there's their posts just now, but also the did there map claiming thing right next to each other too. sudgy first, then mail-mi in the next post.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 18, 2013, 08:03:39 pm »

Eevee lurking is probably the most bothersome to me of their post CPU gets. Though I put far less into that stat since I have lurked as town and its just because I'm busy in RL (talking about masons vs monks right now)
I dont understand what a post CPU means, but just in case someone hasnt noticed.. I'm in Miami, mostly relying on phone access. I'm less active everywhere. Now, this doesn't try to be an excuse for ending up at the bottom of the post counts - it just takes me a while to get a hang of the game. I'm sure I'll be pulling my weight even later in day 1, and especially later.

Masons and Monks would be a finished game I could use as an example. I was town, borderline missing for 80% of day 1. Then, deadline started approaching and I was arguing (town) lynches through left and right.

So, sorry, IRL busies / hard to remember who is doing what at this point, but I'm sure lynching me for not contributing doesn't need to happen. Just need more concrete stuff to pick on, beginnings of day 1s are hard.

I spelt count wrong so my phone autocorrected it to CPU
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 18, 2013, 08:58:08 pm »

Okay.  I'm not really able to form a defense, even with the quotes, since liopoil's main argument is that I'm not contributing.  I will try to change that.  Well, at least that's what stood out to me.  How strong is that?  I'll go reread it to make sure.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 18, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »

Okay, I reread it it, and here's what I got(italicized words are me replying):

I'm not posting much content.  There are other lurkers, but Kooshie doesn't have an excuse any more.  Neither did the other lurkers, at the time.  Did they even post excuses then?  I said she would post more, but then she didn't.  True.  I said she had more time on weekends, but then didn't post.  Was this on Saturday?  I believe I had more time, then. 
This was the bulk of what I got, pretty much.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.