Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Goodbye until Easter  (Read 1718 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Goodbye until Easter
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:07:54 pm »
+4

(I'm not putting this in the religion, sex, and politics forum because the religious things I mention aren't meant to be for discussion.  If you guys think it should go there, then it can be moved.)

There's a Christian "season" from Ash Wednesday (this Wednesday) to Easter called Lent where you're supposed to fast from something and spend more time praying.  I'm a Christian, and I decided I'm giving up dominion this year.  So, no playing, no posting on the forums, etc.  I will still play mafia on here as that's not related to dominion.  I'll start this Wednesday night after a church service that my church has.  Lent doesn't include Sundays so I'll come on here every Sunday still.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye until Easter
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:54:21 pm »

Good for you, Sudgy! I am giving up Coffee for Lent. :)
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:18 pm »

Good for you, Sudgy! I am giving up Coffee for Lent. :)

The Horror! The Horror!
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:36:24 pm »

I'm giving up nothing for Lent because I'm no longer Catholic.  Actually, I might try to do something more during Lent - like learn a language or pump out YouTube videos - because that seems more useful than abstaining from something I like.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:41 pm »

Good luck to you.  Are you going to refrain from just posting, or reading about Dominion too?

I'm having a hard time deciding what would be a worthwhile sacrifice for me. I don't have many vices that I would feel like I'm actually sacrificing.  The internet as a whole would probably be best but that will be difficult with my job managing the website at work. I've given up other things for longer than a month out of laziness, so that is deterring me from picking things that I "like" as most of those things can be forgotten rather quickly.

If the weather was nicer, I could abstain from driving my car.

Wero, you might be sacrificing some of your free time to do something productive. ;)
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 12:45:51 am »

Good luck to you.  Are you going to refrain from just posting, or reading about Dominion too?

Anything dominion-related.  Includes playing, posting, reading, etc.

I'm having a hard time deciding what would be a worthwhile sacrifice for me. I don't have many vices that I would feel like I'm actually sacrificing.  The internet as a whole would probably be best but that will be difficult with my job managing the website at work. I've given up other things for longer than a month out of laziness, so that is deterring me from picking things that I "like" as most of those things can be forgotten rather quickly.

I one time did anything on the computer except for e-mail (and only important ones).  That was actually pretty hard...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 01:11:37 am »

You know, I think I'll join you in giving up online Dominion for lent. It often takes far too much of my time.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 02:17:36 am »

I decided I'm giving up dominion this year.  So, no playing, no posting on the forums, etc.  I will still play mafia on here as that's not related to dominion.  I'll start this Wednesday night after a church service that my church has.  Lent doesn't include Sundays so I'll come on here every Sunday still.

I did this last year, and I think it was really good for me. But now I play too much again... I should probably join you on this. Still have a couple days to decide.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.996 seconds with 22 queries.