Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27  All

Author Topic: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Witches Win!  (Read 61224 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Day 4 Start
« Reply #600 on: April 26, 2013, 12:24:27 pm »

That's basically the case in him: off wagon/MIA st critical times,.and making really scummy cases on me. I bekeive both you and seversl others had good cas on him prior to the robz vote.  But I need to read back again.

I actually genuinely disagree with this case. I was off the wagon because you jumped on before I had a chance to do it in a Towny fashion. I was offline at critical times because I was working and I had no way around that. And I do believe in my case on. I was quite ready to go for EFHW and shraeye, but your wagon analysis after derphammering actually seemed really scummy to me.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #601 on: April 26, 2013, 12:26:29 pm »

You did a great game Jimmmm, and I made a series of bad decisions with EFHW, with spirit.  Man, I was on every lynch wagon there.

Anyway, what tipped you off to Robz/Jimmm, yuma?

I had just typed this up in the quicktopic like one minute before you voted:

I think it is Jimmm. His assertion that shraeye was doing what I was doing to Glooble in MXIX is false. It isn't the same. And I don't think he would make that assertion if I were still in the game. It is especially not true because bussing in blitz doesn't work the same as bussing in a regular mafia game, and I am starting to believe that hardcore bussing rarely works in regular games as well.

Furthermore, I found it very suspicious that Robz was all over mail-mi for lurking but never mentioned Jimmm about it. Now the situations were a bit different in that mail-mi had a VLA that was a bit odd and Jimmmm posted a bit more, but still had a VLA excuse.

And I think Jimmm was trying to set up a spiritbears mislynch yesterday followed today by a mislynch of you. I think he is in a slightly tighter spot today, but he may be able to get away with it.

I would be very surprised if it were either spiritbears or shraeye.

and this a day or so ago:

I think shraeye is town. Jimmm did try and set up the shraeye-Robz bussing thing. Which to me is nothing like my bussing on Glooble and was in a completely different game where we had 3 on a scum team. That sort of bussing in a blitz game is what causes scum to lose. I think Jimmm tried a shraeye mislynch to start, saw an opportunity with spiritbears and will retry the shraeye thing tomorrow with efhw to tag along.
Very nice call. You nailed it!
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 26, 2013, 12:26:33 pm »

Yeah, I know taht Jimmm holds different hours than others, due the Australia and his working.  I guess it's one of the things that rushed me into making this bad decision, I wasn't sure when Jimmm would be online in the future, and had seen that both spirit/Jimmm were online now.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 26, 2013, 12:26:41 pm »

Yea good job guys. I guess I back to aiming for best scum win record, I think my overall ratio is shot.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 26, 2013, 12:27:07 pm »

My overall win rate has been tanking for a while.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 26, 2013, 12:28:25 pm »

@yuma, shraeye really did remind me of you in DS9. You both seemed to be mentioning the other a lot possibly just to remind everyone you were voting for them. That was my take. I'm not sure if I would have made that argument with you still in the game; you not being around didn't factor into my thought process.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 26, 2013, 12:28:50 pm »

Shraeye said its spiritbears lets do this! Jimm without hesitation happily helped shraeye with this. Then once spiritbears was dead he placed a bomb in shraeyes back pocket and with a smile on his face walked away as shraeye was blown into a million pieces. A small chunk of shraeye hit jimmm in the back as he was walking away he quickly brushed it off of himself and continued walking as a grin creeped across his face.

GAME OVER, WITCHES WIN
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 26, 2013, 12:29:28 pm »

Glad my exploded pieces at least got jimmm's clothing dirty.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 26, 2013, 12:29:44 pm »

gg guys.  Jimmmmm - I'm thinking of policy lynching you from now on.  There was nothing obviously scummy -- I guess I could have looked up the Glooble thing. 

What will happen to the children?  Is Jimmmmm going to eat them for dinner?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 26, 2013, 12:30:21 pm »

Also, spirit's derphammer annoyed me, because I was ready to do the pro-Town hammer.

Well clearly scum-hammers aren't protown enough to stop silly people from lynching you... :(
Yes I was really surprised my hammer of robz was so sucessfulky turned against me

Please understand. It wasn't the hammer. It was that you came right out afterwards wanting to do wagon analysis. I was really surprised how hard it was to convince people that that was a scum plan.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 26, 2013, 12:30:47 pm »

@yuma, shraeye really did remind me of you in DS9. You both seemed to be mentioning the other a lot possibly just to remind everyone you were voting for them. That was my take. I'm not sure if I would have made that argument with you still in the game; you not being around didn't factor into my thought process.

that is fair... But I think the big thing was that I would argue that that sort of heavy bussing all game long rarely results in a town win. I mean, it did nothing for me in MXIX when I even got glooble lynched for it!

I think that sort of heavy handed bussing will result in a scum loss most of the time and is something that scum won't do. So I saw your argument that it could be as such to be extremely forced and looking for something to make shraeye look scummier, who I thought played the best and towniest game out of everyone up until his vote for spiritbears

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 26, 2013, 12:31:30 pm »

Thanks for hosting Insom.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 26, 2013, 12:31:40 pm »

Shraeye - How could I have persuaded you I was town?

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 26, 2013, 12:32:46 pm »

That's basically the case in hiI pointed  it up your misread : off wagon/MIA st critical times,.and making really scummy cases on me. I bekeive both you and seversl others had good cas on him prior to the robz vote.  But I need to read back again.

I actually genuinely disagree with this case. I was off the wagon because you jumped on before I had a chance to do it in a Towny fashion. I was offline at critical times because I was working and I had no way around that. And I do believe in my case on. I was quite ready to go for EFHW and shraeye, but your wagon analysis after derphammering actually seemed really scummy to me.
That is only true if you actually think I was talking about day 2 but when I called you out on that, you never backed down and continued to use that as an argument against me even when I pointed out your misread .  Probably if shy would have reread that section he would have seen your false argument and how you bussed it even after I clarified.
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 26, 2013, 12:33:49 pm »

that is fair... But I think the big thing was that I would argue that that sort of heavy bussing all game long rarely results in a town win. I mean, it did nothing for me in MXIX when I even got glooble lynched for it!

I think that sort of heavy handed bussing will result in a scum loss most of the time and is something that scum won't do. So I saw your argument that it could be as such to be extremely forced and looking for something to make shraeye look scummier, who I thought played the best and towniest game out of everyone up until his vote for spiritbears

I was happy to conclude that they probably weren't on a team. In fact, I said that just a few posts after. But no one answered my questions about it. The Townie in me just didn't want to ignore that possibility.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Witches Win!
« Reply #616 on: April 26, 2013, 12:34:24 pm »

MVP: Jimmmm
he had most people convinced he was town even in the Speccy QT

Also this setup has been run twice, with a scum win and with a town win, with vig being chosen 3 times and neighbourizer once. If I were to run this setup again I might try to make the cop choice more appealing but as it stands im convinced the setup is fairly balanced.

Others thoughts?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 26, 2013, 12:35:48 pm »

Been around at deadline D1. Honestly that's the crunch time in blitz when town just goes crazy making sure pro town stuff happens and scum cannot keep up.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 26, 2013, 12:37:18 pm »

Been around at deadline D1. Honestly that's the crunch time in blitz when town just goes crazy making sure pro town stuff happens and scum cannot keep up.

But I absolutely could not have been there, which I explained (and warned everyone of).  There must be some other way!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 26, 2013, 12:37:38 pm »

I don't know.  The world would be a much more frightening place if anyone (including me) knew how my mind worked.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 26, 2013, 12:37:54 pm »

MVP: Jimmmm
he had most people convinced he was town even in the Speccy QT

Also this setup has been run twice, with a scum win and with a town win, with vig being chosen 3 times and neighbourizer once. If I were to run this setup again I might try to make the cop choice more appealing but as it stands im convinced the setup is fairly balanced.

Others thoughts?
Very balanced and well run.  Thank you for hosting and keeping it moving so quickly!!!!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 26, 2013, 12:38:27 pm »

The biggest indication Jimmm was scum is that Robz was throwing a hissy over mail-mi's absence, but staying mute about Jimmm's lack of participation.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 26, 2013, 12:40:36 pm »

But I absolutely could not have been there, which I explained (and warned everyone of).  There must be some other way!
I appokize for my part in that. I never had a good scum read on you but went with Shyrae because untrusted him most of who was left.  That was the only other time I felt let down by him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 26, 2013, 12:40:48 pm »

That's basically the case in hiI pointed  it up your misread : off wagon/MIA st critical times,.and making really scummy cases on me. I bekeive both you and seversl others had good cas on him prior to the robz vote.  But I need to read back again.

That is only true if you actually think I was talking about day 2 but when I called you out on that, you never backed down and continued to use that as an argument against me even when I pointed out your misread .  Probably if shy would have reread that section he would have seen your false argument and how you bussed it even after I clarified.

Okay, I'm pulling up the quote to work this out, because I still think you were talking about Day 2.

We need a list of who was on which wagons when they went down. I think given what happened st the last deadline we should know Me,Mai and Shyrae are in the clear. (Mai because of uncontested fool claim).that lesves jimm and efhw.  Efhw sas on robz.  So i think jimmm is out best bet
vote:jimmmm

Okay, so "We need a list of who was on which wagons when they went down." That's talking about both days. And the obvious one to talk about is the one that just happened at hit scum right?
"I think given what happened st the last deadline we should know Me,Mai and Shyrae are in the clear. (Mai because of uncontested fool claim)." Okay, I guess that's talking about Day 1.
"that lesves jimm and efhw.  Efhw sas on robz.  So i think jimmm is out best bet" Unless I'm mistaken you're separating EFHW and me by who was on the Robz lynch. You ended up voting for me because I wasn't on the Robz lynch, right? But you prevented me from being on the Robz lynch by jumping on before I could.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 26, 2013, 12:41:35 pm »

Believe me, I HATED not being around for the deadline.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 16 queries.