Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27  All

Author Topic: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Witches Win!  (Read 60847 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Day 3 Start
« Reply #525 on: April 25, 2013, 09:45:19 pm »

Just in case you have doubt.  I stopped quoting at a certain point and just read, but here is a good sampling of his contributions up until about 11:30 this am.

Hey look we've started!
… For example, I think trying to avoid RVS and not giving anything to talk about instead is scummy, so Vote: EFHW.

The comment wasn't about RVS'ing mcmc, which I haven't done. It was about how mcmc and I always end up on opposite teams (in the 3 games I've been in so far).   I guess this is 4.  Eevee would be next on my scum suspicions list.  No particular read otherwise, except maybe Jimmmmm for starting this whole silly mess. I'm going to vote mcmc, but before I do, what L is he at?
You don't understand - this isn't a silly mess at all. You said you don't like RVS, and that was a semi-RVS vote which caused people to make serious cases on you. I'm very pleased with it because it brought us out of RVS nicely. And you should be too.
A little preachy, considering that my talking and not voting did get us out of RVS just fine. 

Next two quick comments about being too busy.
Hate to come in and leave straight away but I'm going to have to. I haven't fully caught up yet but I will when I get the chance.
Hey guys, sorry for my absence, I've been a lot busier today than I thought I'd be. I'm on night shift tonight and while I can't contribute that much at the moment since I have actual work to do, I will be able to post a lot in a couple of hours when there's nothing to do here.

Reasonable point about people not being “confirmed town”.  Works well as scum or town.
Okay, I'm here. Still at work, but it's 4am so there's not a lot happening. I knew deadline was coming up and I really wanted to have some sort of contribution, but that was during the busy part of the night and I just couldn't give this game priority over work that I had to do.
I'm always very uneasy about calling anyone "confirmed" Town when they haven't been. I believe mcmc is Town, and will continue to believe so unless we get two other Fool claims. But mcmc's claim came 3 minutes before the thread was locked. If scum was around at that point in time they had to make a snap decision. And I'm sure they would have wanted to kill mcmc. But only 2 possible scum posted after mcmc's claim, and if mcmc was killed overnight they would have received a heck of a lot of scrutiny. I mean yeah, scum might have killed mcmc in that situation. But that's certainly a long way from certain. So maybe they get Town points for that. But I'm certainly not treating them as confirmed Town, and if I think they're scum, that one thing isn't going to sway me from lynching them.
Don’t know if this reads pro-town or pro-scum.
I agree that shooting is way better if both Fools do it.

Bringing attention back to Robz, doesn’t seem like what a partner would do:
shraeye, what are your current thoughts on Robz? You were all over him for quite a while, and then you seemed to forget about him, saying you were worried about an Eevee/spirit scumteam, and today while you've engage with him you haven't mentioned him other than in relation to being a vet and you suspecting vets.
4/24 3:45 pm Re Robz: I guess just the mix of his seeming certain about people being scum and being what seems to be unnecessarily aggressive. I'm not sure aggressive is the right word though, just loud maybe? He was arguing that someone is using being V/LA to cover for being scum, and while that's possible there's no real evidence that it's true in this case. So jumping down people's throats for disagreeing with him on that seems strange.
I actually think changing the kill to mcmc is something a newbie scum is much more likely to be rash enough to do than a vet.
I don't think so. 1-1 trades are generally fairly bad for scum. I think scum would much rather a Townie was shot.
How does PoE lead you to mail-mi/me? I don't mean to say a Newbie would necessarily change to killing mcmc of course, it's just a blunder they would be more likely to make than a vet, I think.
Well that's certainly verifiable. Why Neighbouriser? Are you going to say any more about whether you've used it or who you plan to use it on?
I agree that I haven't done much this game. I'm reminded why I almost swore off blitz games last time; they just never seem to suit me timewise.

Anyway. When I was asking shraeye before about what he thought of Robz I was considering the possibility of a shraeye/Robz team. shraeye continually going at Robz, and just sort of suggesting him in a bunch of different posts reminded me of yuma's bussing of Glooble in DS9. Off the top of my head, yuma didn't make a particularly solid case on Glooble, he just seemed to say, "What about Glooble? Why don't we lynch Glooble? Why has everyone forgotten about Glooble?" And of course they were scumbuddies. Could this be a similar situation? I don't know. What do others think, particularly mcmc and mail-mi? If we lynch Robz or shraeye, what if anything would their flip tell you about the other?
I'm not sure on EFHW yet, but I would be surprised if there wasn't scum in Robz/shraeye. Their more recent interactions have me talking myself around to exactly one scum, but I'm not sure.
Wait what? Derphammer or quickhammer?
If Robz is Town then spiritbears had better be scum.
4 quick chatty posts
Again starts the day very cheery:
Oh excellent! We're looking good. We have 4 possible candidates in Jimmmmm, shraeye, EFHW and spiritbears, and two chances to hit the one scum. I think mail-mi needs to take some degree of charge.
A full analysis will have to wait until morning. As it stands, I'm looking at you and shraeye. I find it pretty unlikely that spirit would quickhammer his partner like that. I mean, it's possible but I can't really see it coming from a newbie. I'm wary of shraeye. Like I said before, his interactions with Robz read similar to yuma's with Glooble in DS9 when they were scumbuddies and yuma was on Glooble's case for ages. My opinion on EFHW is not fully formed at this stage, I'll need to do a re-read tomorrow.
Oh wow. Maybe I was wrong about spirit. He jumps on to the wagon prematurely before others who were still discussing it, and then the first thing he says the next day is "Who was on the wagon?"
re: Spirit wouldn't quickhammer, 4/25, 11:25 am:  I'm retracting that statement based on spirit's first post today.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 25, 2013, 09:47:54 pm »

Jimmm, would you be interested in lynching EFHW instead?

I would hesitate, since if I'm right about spirit I absolutely want to make this a him v me thing. But I will do my due diligence and re-read EFHW to form an opinion on her independently of my opinion of spirit.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #527 on: April 25, 2013, 10:00:11 pm »

I've actually spent this time doing a total reread of Jimmmm, (which I can post, if you want to see it).  I didn't find anything that struck me as scummy.  So that leaves me with Spirit and Shraeye.  There's a case to be made against Spirit, as we all know.  I don't have much to point to re: Shraeye, except that the case he is currently making on me is quite thin.  Town wanting to believe a thin case or scum trying to press one?
"As we all know"???? Or rather. As Jimmm has tunneled and you're hoping for traction.
Shy makes a good read of you and he has generally had a good bead on scum this game
I think jimm is certainly defensive and has made some really scummy arguments about me, but it's probably just s big distraction.
Going away for night,but going to get in shy's train first
unvote; vote efhw
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 25, 2013, 10:05:40 pm »

I am really torn between Jimmmmm and Spiritbears.  I believe the fight between Shraeye and Robz was genuine.  I think it was towny of Jimmmmm to analyze it.  I think Spirit doesn't get that much credit for day one - he got Eevee lynched instead of mcmc.  With mcmc claiming fool, that's the best scum could hope for anyway.  I'm going to check the vote count and get back with my vote in a minute.

I mean, this is EFHW's post before voting for spiritbears.  And this was the apparent state of EFHW's thought process when she said "There's a case to be made against Spirit, as we all know."

EFHW, direct question: what is the case on spiritbears in your words?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 25, 2013, 10:17:28 pm »

I'm here now, been reading, am gonna do a big long post when im done with homework (or not, I don't usually do that kind of stuff.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 25, 2013, 10:26:39 pm »

1. He thought mcmc's reasoning re: bussing made sense.  Either buddying or wanting to misdirect.
2.  Overly emotional reaction to being challenged.
3.  Derp/quick hammer in combination with preoccupation with who is and isn't on wagons.
4.  Claiming credit for "saving" mcmc, when not to do so would have been a huge scumtell.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 25, 2013, 10:28:08 pm »

1. He thought mcmc's reasoning re: bussing made sense.  Either buddying or wanting to misdirect.
3.  Derp/quick hammer in combination with preoccupation with who is and isn't on wagons.
4.  Claiming credit for "saving" mcmc, when not to do so would have been a huge scumtell.

Regarding 2, you should take a read of the cancelled newbie game, where town-spiritbears was equally emotional in his reactions.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 25, 2013, 10:29:05 pm »

I mean, I get the argument against EFHW. #504 sounds a bit like she's trying to perpetuate me v spirit without really contributing to it herself, which is something I can see scum wanting to do. That way she can avoid the blame for mislynching and set up the other one of us at lylo tomorrow. But if she's Town and believes shraeye to be Town then planning to lynch me and spirit in either order is all she needs to do for Town to win. And then after being called out by shraeye for waiting rather than making a case, suddenly she has a Townread on me. But, I'm still more confident in my stance on spirit. His hammer combined with his first post today just reek of trying to get Towncred for himself.

It also bothers me how quickly spirit went from saying I was, "completely deserving obviously scum" to "it's probably just s big distraction" and voting for EFHW after both EFHW and shraeye expressed a Townread on me.

So I think shraeye is probably Town. I wouldn't say his arguments with Robz couldn't be scum-on-scum, but I'd be highly surprised if they were. So my lynch priority today would have to be spirit >> EFHW >> shraeye, at I guess about 60/30/10.

Super interested in hearing mail-mi's take.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 25, 2013, 10:29:49 pm »

I know.  But he has also said that is not his usual way of interacting.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 25, 2013, 10:31:11 pm »

And then after being called out by shraeye for waiting rather than making a case, suddenly she has a Townread on me.
Do you think I cooked up that list of quotes in the less than a minute between posts?  There was nothing sudden about it.  That took awhile.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 25, 2013, 10:32:47 pm »

Regarding 2, you should take a read of the cancelled newbie game, where town-spiritbears was equally emotional in his reactions.

I think 2 is null given that as far as I know we've only seen Town spirit before this game. I can't remember the details of 1, but I agree with 3 and to some extent 4. If I was scum and online for that deadline, I would have done everything I could to save mcmc.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 25, 2013, 10:33:43 pm »

Vote Count Please

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 25, 2013, 10:34:26 pm »

Shraeye could you perhaps unvote while you are making up your mind?  You can always revote for me later if you decide to.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 25, 2013, 10:37:28 pm »

I'm liking my vote where it is for now.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 25, 2013, 10:37:54 pm »

And then after being called out by shraeye for waiting rather than making a case, suddenly she has a Townread on me.
Do you think I cooked up that list of quotes in the less than a minute between posts?  There was nothing sudden about it.  That took awhile.

That's fair. I was looking up to #523. Obviously #525 took more than 2-3 minutes to put together.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 25, 2013, 10:41:09 pm »

I have to go to bed now.  If you lynch me, then lynch Spirit next, ok?  I'll be on again before deadline.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 25, 2013, 10:41:35 pm »

I have to go to bed now.  If you lynch me, then lynch Spirit next, ok?  I'll be on again before deadline.

Vote: Spiritbears

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 25, 2013, 10:46:11 pm »

OK done w/ homework.

I don't know about spiritbears, he's acting like his townie self in the Newbie game.

I mean, I get the argument against EFHW. #504 sounds a bit like she's trying to perpetuate me v spirit without really contributing to it herself, which is something I can see scum wanting to do. That way she can avoid the blame for mislynching and set up the other one of us at lylo tomorrow. But if she's Town and believes shraeye to be Town then planning to lynch me and spirit in either order is all she needs to do for Town to win. And then after being called out by shraeye for waiting rather than making a case, suddenly she has a Townread on me. But, I'm still more confident in my stance on spirit. His hammer combined with his first post today just reek of trying to get Towncred for himself.

It also bothers me how quickly spirit went from saying I was, "completely deserving obviously scum" to "it's probably just s big distraction" and voting for EFHW after both EFHW and shraeye expressed a Townread on me.

So I think shraeye is probably Town. I wouldn't say his arguments with Robz couldn't be scum-on-scum, but I'd be highly surprised if they were. So my lynch priority today would have to be spirit >> EFHW >> shraeye, at I guess about 60/30/10.

However, Spiritbears is also changing around his reads alot. One really, really big thing that acts in his (and Shraeye's) favor, is that mcmc claimed fool at the end of D1, when only they were online. If they were scum, they prob. would have killed him instead of yuma (was it yuma? I forget). I think EFHW is scummier than Jimmmmm and will place a vote: EFHW

P.S. not bolding is on purpose, would like to see another vote count.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 25, 2013, 10:47:49 pm »

OK done w/ homework.

I don't know about spiritbears, he's acting like his townie self in the Newbie game.

However, Spiritbears is also changing around his reads alot. One really, really big thing that acts in his (and Shraeye's) favor, is that mcmc claimed fool at the end of D1, when only they were online. If they were scum, they prob. would have killed him instead of yuma (was it yuma? I forget). I think EFHW is scummier than Jimmmmm and will place a vote: EFHW

It was yuma who died night one.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 25, 2013, 10:48:06 pm »

Unofficial vote count.

spiritbears (2): Jimmmmm, EFHW
EFHW (2): shraeye, spiritbears

not voting (1): mail-mi

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 25, 2013, 10:48:51 pm »

OK done w/ homework.

It was yuma who died night one.
Night? What's that?

And thanks.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 25, 2013, 10:49:17 pm »

So I'm the hammer. Announcing intent to hammer EFHW.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 25, 2013, 10:51:22 pm »

One really, really big thing that acts in his (and Shraeye's) favor, is that mcmc claimed fool at the end of D1, when only they were online. If they were scum, they prob. would have killed him instead of yuma (was it yuma? I forget).

I still disagree with this fairly strongly. If mcmc had died Night 1, a huge focus on Day 2 would have been on shraeye and spirit as the only possible scum who were around for mcmc's claim.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 25, 2013, 10:54:23 pm »

Okay... I have a half hour. I will lynch EFHW by then unless someone strongly convinces me to vote for SB.

One really, really big thing that acts in his (and Shraeye's) favor, is that mcmc claimed fool at the end of D1, when only they were online. If they were scum, they prob. would have killed him instead of yuma (was it yuma? I forget).

I still disagree with this fairly strongly. If mcmc had died Night 1, a huge focus on Day 2 would have been on shraeye and spirit as the only possible scum who were around for mcmc's claim.

I can see shraeye doing this as a vet. SB, he'd probably go "Hey, mcmc is fool! WE should kill him!" w/o his partner being there.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 25, 2013, 10:56:28 pm »

Insom's not online so there's not a lot of point hammering now. You also really need to give as much of your thoughts as possible about me, spirit and shraeye in case you're wrong about EFHW.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.