Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27  All

Author Topic: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Witches Win!  (Read 61228 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Day 1 Start
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2013, 10:28:40 pm »

Robz/eevee/shraeye: so first off robz logic was easy to follow, he found mail-mi obviously scummy then eevee defended which was even more scummy because if mail-mi is scum eevee is bussing if mail-mi is town(though unlikely) eevee is trying to gain towncred. I think shraeye's entrance to this debate was neutral.

I don't get the underlined part.  If Eevee is defending him then how is he bussing? 

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2013, 10:32:28 pm »

Guys, techno free Tuesday is something my parents are making me do. I'm not technically supposed to be posting this or even be on this iPad.
Well if they catch you, tell them that this post may have saved your life, so to speak.

HA!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2013, 10:41:21 pm »

Robz/eevee/shraeye: so first off robz logic was easy to follow, he found mail-mi obviously scummy then eevee defended which was even more scummy because if mail-mi is scum eevee is bussing if mail-mi is town(though unlikely) eevee is trying to gain towncred. I think shraeye's entrance to this debate was neutral.

I don't get the underlined part.  If Eevee is defending him then how is he bussing?

So the idea is that if mail-mi and eevee are scum eevee is bussing by defending his partner, if mail-mi is town and eevee is scum eevee is defending him in an attempt to gain towncred. This is a more likely scenario than town eevee defending town mail-mi because then eevee does not know mail-mi's alignment and has little reason to defend him the way he did, same thing with scum mail-mi and town eevee.

So while mail-mi was found scummy by robz for the whole v/la thing, eevee is actually the much scummier one because of his defense. Especially at the time eevee came in mail-mi was not in real need of a townie to stick his neck out like that.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2013, 10:56:01 pm »

So the idea is that if mail-mi and eevee are scum eevee is bussing by defending his partner,
I thought bussing was accusing your partner of being scummy, not arguing that he's not scummy.  I'm not saying Eevee's been acting towny, I'm just confused about this bussing thing. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2013, 11:04:24 pm »

I'm going now.  Don't burn the house down overnight!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:53 pm »

So the idea is that if mail-mi and eevee are scum eevee is bussing by defending his partner, if mail-mi is town and eevee is scum eevee is defending him in an attempt to gain towncred. This is a more likely scenario than town eevee defending town mail-mi because then eevee does not know mail-mi's alignment and has little reason to defend him the way he did, same thing with scum mail-mi and town eevee.

So while mail-mi was found scummy by robz for the whole v/la thing, eevee is actually the much scummier one because of his defense. Especially at the time eevee came in mail-mi was not in real need of a townie to stick his neck out like that.

yes. If mail-mi and eevee are both scum (not saying they are, just a hypothetical) I would not say that what eevee is doing is bussing. Defending and bussing are on very opposite sides of the spectrum.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2013, 11:14:20 pm »

Read along to catch up quick some things.

Spiritbears: I do do that, my mindset when I am scum is pretend to be town but I end up being too towny because I know the set up. I think the difference here was just a lot of analysis and posts so early looked forced because it was, I knew I would be Vla soon and wanted to get a lot down.

Ppe: what only 4????
That's totally fair and not unreasonable.  I'm just not quite with you and robzz  on Eevee yet.

Now this feels very hedgy.  spirit gives credit to an argument, yet says he doesn't agree with it , at least "not quite yet".
Absolutely I'm hedging.  I don't quite agree with their case on Eevee.  I think he's being defensive town.  But I'm willing to watch and see if there's anything to it.
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2013, 11:31:18 pm »

well everything up to this point has made me want to continue voting for mcmc. I am going to bed, I will be on for a little bit in the morning to reevaluate and cast my final vote for the day and then will not have access at the deadline due to being at work. I will probably be back around 2 forum time or so...

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2013, 11:33:56 pm »

I still wanna lynch Eevee.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2013, 11:50:39 pm »

So the idea is that if mail-mi and eevee are scum eevee is bussing by defending his partner,
I thought bussing was accusing your partner of being scummy, not arguing that he's not scummy.  I'm not saying Eevee's been acting towny, I'm just confused about this bussing thing.

Yep I was using the term completely wrong sorry.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2013, 11:55:37 pm »

Now this feels very hedgy.  spirit gives credit to an argument, yet says he doesn't agree with it , at least "not quite yet".
Absolutely I'm hedging.  I don't quite agree with their case on Eevee.  I think he's being defensive town.  But I'm willing to watch and see if there's anything to it.
Keep us posted on your thoughts as they develop.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2013, 11:55:45 pm »

Are you saying that eevee was "really sticking his neck out" by saying this?
i don't think the thing about mail-mi is scummy at allll.

Because that just looks like regular observation to me.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - PMS SENT
« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2013, 12:09:51 am »

Vote Count 1-3

EFHW (1) - Jimmmm
Eevee (2) - Robz888, mcmcsalot
mcmcsalot (3) - yuma, spiritbears, EFHW
Robz888 (1) - shraeye

Not Voting (2) - Eevee, mail-mi

Deadline: April 24 8:00am PDT, 11AM forum time (EDT)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2013, 02:25:08 am »

The comment wasn't about RVS'ing mcmc, which I haven't done. It was about how mcmc and I always end up on opposite teams (in the 3 games I've been in so far).   I guess this is 4.  Eevee would be next on my scum suspicions list.  No particular read otherwise, except maybe Jimmmmm for starting this whole silly mess.

I'm going to vote mcmc, but before I do, what L is he at?

You don't understand - this isn't a silly mess at all. You said you don't like RVS, and that was a semi-RVS vote which caused people to make serious cases on you. I'm very pleased with it because it brought us out of RVS nicely. And you should be too.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2013, 02:40:02 am »

Hate to come in and leave straight away but I'm going to have to. I haven't fully caught up yet but I will when I get the chance.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2013, 03:58:32 am »

Eevee is lurking.

How do we decide this?  If mcmc is not going to fly tonight/this a.m. I'm willing to switch to Eevee, but only if he's going thru.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2013, 04:05:17 am »

Yep I was using the term completely wrong sorry
[/
I am noticing that Spirit thought it made sense.  Or said he did, rather.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2013, 04:06:05 am »

On phone. My reply is in the quote.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2013, 04:25:23 am »

If I die tonight, you all know my reads. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2013, 05:32:33 am »

Eevee is lurking.

How do we decide this?  If mcmc is not going to fly tonight/this a.m. I'm willing to switch to Eevee, but only if he's going thru.
Oh wow. When the most recent post count was made, I had THE most posts. Then I went to sleep, you managed one more page, during which I was accused of being a lurker. I probably STILL lead the post count but oh by all means add lurking to my list of offenses.

I feel like suspecting the guys who try to get me lynched as all I see is mischaracterizations and logic I don't agree with.

Mcmc saying that me "defending" mailmi is scummy regardless of his alignment is very incorrect. Observations like that are what I do. I cant for the life of me comprehend why that would be scummy, and I guess we are already far enough for me to need to be voting, so vote: mcmc despite the early town read.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2013, 08:54:42 am »

Eevee is lurking.

Why are you intent on seeing Eevee die?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2013, 08:57:09 am »

not enough happened in the night for me to change my vote. I think it will stay on mcmc.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2013, 08:57:29 am »

I want to revote Robz, and encourage people to join me.

He has nothing of substance since I've explained how his statements had me confused and voted him. (except to say he wants eevee lynched, and that mailmi/jimmm's post counts are inflated) Robz, the originator of the "if you are under heat, disappear and so will suspicion" tactic.

Vote: Robz

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2013, 08:58:30 am »

I'd like people to take a stance on Robz, if they're around and have time to set out a few reads, actually.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2013, 09:04:33 am »

to me robz has been an arms swinging, guns flying style of robz. I think that is more of a town robz than anything else. I do think he is capable of faking that style of play as mafia... but as I have said before in other games, doing something crazy as scum is very very risky. Because robz's style of play will make people want to lynch him and the only thing holding them back is remembering that town!robz often kinda acts a bit crazy. But all it takes is a few people to not think that and tada!, he is lynched.

So I don't think I will vote for him today.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.