Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27  All

Author Topic: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Witches Win!  (Read 60827 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - Day 1 Start
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2013, 03:30:50 pm »

mailmi being VLA certainly doesn't make him more towny. I would say it raises his scum score ever so slightly.

Robz thinking it's a lynchworthy abuse is something I disagree with.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2013, 03:50:18 pm »

Now Eevee is reason to me like he is scum and mail mi isn't, and he's incredulous that I found him this way.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2013, 03:50:38 pm »

I think I see it a bit more scummy than you do. You initially said that you don't find it scummy at all.

Whereas I find it scummy. I do. It was very convenient timing and had no precedent before it.

HOWEVER: I do think we need to give mail-mi the benefit of a doubt... if nothing else if we lynch him w/o giving him the chance to claim we could easily screw the pooch... But once he is back he will start out at a scummier level than someone else who had announced VLA 2-3 days ago for a vacation or busy work schedule or something like that...

See the difference? So I understand where Robz is coming from, but am not necessarily sure it correlates with you or shraeye being scum.
I think is closest to bein correct.  I do have suspicion about Mai's timing, but really without a response from him it's just that.  The robz v shy/evee just seems like town intra-blitz trying hard to make it blitz.  I don't feel anyof the three has really said anything to warrant a hard scum read. 
As for my early following of Mc--I think ehtf (sorry I know I've misspelled your name--just can't go back to get it right) handled the (weak and very early) case just fine and I'm withdrawing my vote.  Really, I just don't see a clear scum read anywhere yet--/so I'm left goin with a gut feeling (which has served me well so far)---Mc works hard to appear townish when he's scum.  Too hard. I feel like he's right on that edge now. So, without a clear place to go, I'll just rest my vote there for a bit.
unvote;vote Mc
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2013, 03:52:14 pm »

Now Eevee reads to me like*

Sorry on phone now

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2013, 03:53:33 pm »

I think I see it a bit more scummy than you do. You initially said that you don't find it scummy at all.

Whereas I find it scummy. I do. It was very convenient timing and had no precedent before it.

HOWEVER: I do think we need to give mail-mi the benefit of a doubt... if nothing else if we lynch him w/o giving him the chance to claim we could easily screw the pooch... But once he is back he will start out at a scummier level than someone else who had announced VLA 2-3 days ago for a vacation or busy work schedule or something like that...

See the difference? So I understand where Robz is coming from, but am not necessarily sure it correlates with you or shraeye being scum.
I think is closest to bein correct.  I do have suspicion about Mai's timing, but really without a response from him it's just that.  The robz v shy/evee just seems like town intra-blitz trying hard to make it blitz.  I don't feel anyof the three has really said anything to warrant a hard scum read. 
As for my early following of Mc--I think ehtf (sorry I know I've misspelled your name--just can't go back to get it right) handled the (weak and very early) case just fine and I'm withdrawing my vote.  Really, I just don't see a clear scum read anywhere yet--/so I'm left goin with a gut feeling (which has served me well so far)---Mc works hard to appear townish when he's scum.  Too hard. I feel like he's right on that edge now. So, without a clear place to go, I'll just rest my vote there for a bit.
unvote;vote Mc

You mention that there is no clear scumread.  Are there any players that stick out to you as towny?

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2013, 03:58:56 pm »

unvote;vote Mc

You mention that there is no clear scumread.  Are there any players that stick out to you as towny?
Yeah.  I mentioned efhw---I think fairly towny. And I think Yuma is coming across very towny...but not forced. 
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZM12: Loco!...Like the Motive That Betrayed Me - PMS SENT
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2013, 04:20:41 pm »

Vote Count 1-2

EFHW (2) - Jimmmm, mcmcsalot
Eevee (1) - Robz888
mcmcsalot (2) - yuma, spiritbears
Robz888 (1) - shraeye

Not Voting (3) - Eevee, EFHW, mail-mi

Deadline: April 24 8:00am PDT, 11AM forum time (EDT)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2013, 04:20:52 pm »

@everyone, mail-mi wouldn't even have been sure the game was starting today.  We were waiting for confirms, which were done by PM.  He posted at 9:30 and the game didn't start until almost 11.

this is a good point, but not a full point. I feel like often scum have a better grasp of when the game/day is going to start because of their quicktopic. I know many mods will post in the quicktopic and say, "you have X hours until I open the game, finish up your discussion before then."
So obliviousness to the game starting would suggest he was not scum.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2013, 04:24:54 pm »

@everyone, mail-mi wouldn't even have been sure the game was starting today.  We were waiting for confirms, which were done by PM.  He posted at 9:30 and the game didn't start until almost 11.

this is a good point, but not a full point. I feel like often scum have a better grasp of when the game/day is going to start because of their quicktopic. I know many mods will post in the quicktopic and say, "you have X hours until I open the game, finish up your discussion before then."
So obliviousness to the game starting would suggest he was not scum.
Obliviousness can be feigned too easily.  It's very dangerous to assume somebody is not scum based off that alone.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2013, 05:49:49 pm »

yay! This includes pregame stuff cause I am lazy...

1. Jimmmmm - 8
2. Mcmcsalot - 16
3. Shraeye - 18
4. Eevee - 26
5. EFHW - 13
6. Robz888 - 23
7. Spiritbears - 5
8. Mail-Mi - 2
9. yuma - 15

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2013, 05:59:46 pm »

Hmm. Didn't think I was that far off!  But the again I've mostly been in the sidelines of the robz/evee/Shyrae fight

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2013, 06:01:37 pm »

yay! This includes pregame stuff cause I am lazy...

1. Jimmmmm - 8
2. Mcmcsalot - 16
3. Shraeye - 18
4. Eevee - 26
5. EFHW - 13
6. Robz888 - 23
7. Spiritbears - 5
8. Mail-Mi - 2
9. yuma - 15

Sure, but half of Jimms posts are pre-game, and all of mail-mis.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2013, 07:13:17 pm »

vote: mcmc  When is he coming back?  I'll go look it up.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2013, 07:58:04 pm »

Read along to catch up quick some things.

Spiritbears: I do do that, my mindset when I am scum is pretend to be town but I end up being too towny because I know the set up. I think the difference here was just a lot of analysis and posts so early looked forced because it was, I knew I would be Vla soon and wanted to get a lot down.

Robz/eevee/shraeye: so first off robz logic was easy to follow, he found mail-mi obviously scummy then eevee defended which was even more scummy because if mail-mi is scum eevee is bussing if mail-mi is town(though unlikely) eevee is trying to gain towncred. I think shraeye's entrance to this debate was neutral.

Ppe: what only 4????
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2013, 08:05:56 pm »

Oh and vote: eevee he is playing just like I remember(he hasn't for a few games) my guess he drew scum and decided to try to mimic his old play style which everyone found towny.
Also I agree with robz reasonings.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2013, 08:08:27 pm »

Spiritbears: I do do that, my mindset when I am scum is pretend to be town but I end up being too towny because I know the set up. I think the difference here was just a lot of analysis and posts so early looked forced because it was, I knew I would be Vla soon and wanted to get a lot down.

Robz/eevee/shraeye: so first off robz logic was easy to follow, he found mail-mi obviously scummy then eevee defended which was even more scummy because if mail-mi is scum eevee is bussing if mail-mi is town(though unlikely) eevee is trying to gain towncred. I think shraeye's entrance to this debate was neutral.

That's totally fair and not unreasonable.  I'm just not quite with you and robzz  on Eevee yet.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2013, 08:11:08 pm »

In this post I refute mcmc's case on me. It reads "Eevee plays just like he did before as town, that probably means he is scum and decided to mimic that, lets lynch him."

Hmmm.. Oomm.. nope, I just drew a town role.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2013, 08:13:55 pm »

It's a sad world we live in, I get heavily suspected for thinking mailmi wouldn't fake a VLA to avoid having to play day 1.

You actually think me thinking that must mean I'm being dishonest. It's a sad world.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2013, 09:37:41 pm »

It's a sad world we live in, I get heavily suspected for thinking mailmi wouldn't fake a VLA to avoid having to play day 1.

You actually think me thinking that must mean I'm being dishonest. It's a sad world.
This really strikes me as scummy.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2013, 09:39:53 pm »

FYI: I won't be around at deadline tomorrow.  I'll check in a couple times in the morning and be back around 1 or so, I hope.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2013, 09:45:43 pm »

This really strikes me as scummy.
Well, defensive certainly.  But I'm not sure it's more def town or def scummy.  Wifom

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2013, 10:06:44 pm »

Guys, techno free Tuesday is something my parents are making me do. I'm not technically supposed to be posting this or even be on this iPad.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2013, 10:13:46 pm »

Guys, techno free Tuesday is something my parents are making me do. I'm not technically supposed to be posting this or even be on this iPad.
Well if they catch you, tell them that this post may have saved your life, so to speak. 

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2013, 10:22:49 pm »

That's totally fair and not unreasonable.  I'm just not quite with you and robzz  on Eevee yet.

Now this feels very hedgy.  spirit gives credit to an argument, yet says he doesn't agree with it , at least "not quite yet".

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2013, 10:28:05 pm »

I'm still feeling great with my vote on Robz.

Mail-mi has a pass for now

EFHW is a solid townread
eevee is townish, I don't find his "This is a sad world that I get suspected for giving mailmi a pass" to be a scummy bit.
mcmcsalot is sitting neutral, I keep searching deep to see which way I lean on him and I'm uncertain
yuma i'm leaning slight scum, no clear idea why.
spiritbears has hit my list for people to be wary of.  He is a scumread
jimmmm I'd love to hear a bit more from him, my read is unformed so far (which is different than the neutral read on mcmcsalot)

That's pretty much where I sit right now.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.