Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stone Age Strategy  (Read 1784 times)

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
Stone Age Strategy
« on: January 04, 2013, 01:00:57 am »

I've just started playing this game over the Christmas break and find it quite enjoyable.  Lately I've been going heads up against my cousin and I find this style to have quite a high skill cap considering much of the game focuses on dice rolling (I was able to take one game from him wherein he rolled 5/6 for his first 4 presents and also got a double 5 from one of mine).  What I like about two player is that you must balance denying your opponent while picking up huts/cards in such a way to maximize there use.  Also present in 2-player is the order in which you put down your people.  There is also the ability to control the endgame by focusing on cards or a certain hut pile.  IMO, this is a great game with a lot of intricate strategy.  And like dominion, is most balanced and least political best with 2 players.

Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Age Strategy
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 02:07:00 am »

Well, Dominion for me is best with 3 players as is Stone Age.

I like how certain worker placement games have a certain element of "bluffing" although that's not really the right term. What I mean is that you constantly have to ask yourself: "Do I have to take this spot now or can I wait another round?" All of the middle spots are pretty critical, but there's no reason putting your first guy on a hut no one else can take and it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to just put one there to block you.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.