Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possession game  (Read 1209 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
Possession game
« on: December 27, 2012, 04:19:31 pm »

I was playing a game recently irl, and it was my opponent's first time playing with possession.  They decided that their goal that game would be to possess me at some point.  I started buying provinces while they weren't able to do anything, I even got a possession and possessed her a couple times, and she finally bought a possession.  Later, she hadn't gotten to it yet, there was one province left, and I possessed her.  She had a gold, a silver, a treasury, and two junk cards.  I had her play the treasury, and drew a golem.  I played the golem and it took a possession (and she was like "YEEESSSS!!!!!") and an embargo.  With the embargo, I bought the last province, ending the game.  She wasn't too happy...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Re: Possession game
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 05:45:02 pm »

Yep, that's how possession often goes. It's really expensive and slow to get, so often it's a good idea to ignore it and just buy provinces.

(Let me guess - they saw possession, decided to get it, and then BOUGHT A POTION which was a dead card in their deck for a few shuffles until they could actually afford possession?)

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 05:58:16 pm »

(Let me guess - they saw possession, decided to get it, and then BOUGHT A POTION which was a dead card in their deck for a few shuffles until they could actually afford possession?)

Actually, this was their first game with Alchemy, so we decided to have five alchemy cards out.  But they did buy two potions right near the beginning, against my warning.  The very next turn (literally), they regretted that decision.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 03:35:28 pm »

Actually, this was their first game with Alchemy, so we decided to have five alchemy cards out.  But they did buy two potions right near the beginning, against my warning.  The very next turn (literally), they regretted that decision.

If you had 5 Alchemy out, did you use Apothecary?  That is one of the best initiators to get a possession as fast as possible.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 04:35:20 pm »

If you had 5 Alchemy out, did you use Apothecary?  That is one of the best initiators to get a possession as fast as possible.

I don't think so, I remember we had possession, scrying pool, transmute, golem, and something else that I can't remember.  I don't think we had it though.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.