Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 113863 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2012, 03:26:09 pm »

@Robz, EEVEE has answered the question I wanted answered you have not.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2012, 03:29:10 pm »

@Robz, EEVEE has answered the question I wanted answered you have not.

Oh. If you investigated me, you got the correct result, sure.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2012, 03:48:35 pm »

So the ones who weren't copped gets town status?

Maybe I'm misreading, but I don't think Insom has said "I investigated all three of them and one of them is scum, with the other two town."  I think he is saying "I investigated one of those three, and the person I investigated is scum."

But I guess this will get clarified when Insom claims.

Thats what I got as well. And its also the reason why Robz ccomment stood out to me. It may be me misunderstanding what he meant, though.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2012, 04:02:22 pm »

Hey, look, interesting stuff.

Insomniac, if "I would not have announced with a town result" is true, and your not simply playing for better reads (ie. Town gambit to make people sweat),  then I'm not sure what you're waiting on me for. You certainly didn't investigate to anything other than a town result on me, so...?

As for why you would choose to investigate me/include my name in three - well, I've called out as being scum in both your last two scum games (I didn't get you lynched in the last though). Still, I imagine you'de love nothing more than to catch me as scum, and failing that, would be content knowing that I was town and scumhunting to my best.

As for any particular comment of mine, well, I've 3 posts in this thread to date. Take your pick.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2012, 04:36:33 pm »

Tag to follow.  Will also take spec QT, cayvie. :)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2012, 04:39:56 pm »

Okay, Insomniac. Whatcha got?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2012, 04:41:27 pm »

Offline... And in the night I will be here for the whole night due to a night shift.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2012, 04:51:33 pm »

I get nullreads from both Galz and yuma so far.  Galz was clearly making a joke.  yuma used it to make a point that all self-votes are anti-town, EVEN the most "innocuous" of self-votes (an RVS joke).  This is in line with yuma's stance in M-XV, as ash has already pointed out.  Frankly, I am more suspicious of the people who have found yuma suspicious for this.

my sentiments exactly. thanks volt

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2012, 04:53:22 pm »

and I'll wait until we hear more from Insomniac before I comment any further on developments--although I did get the same reaction that Grujah did to archetype's "good job Insomniac" post... but not enough to make something big out of it... yet....

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2012, 05:13:57 pm »

About Gazlria and Yuma,
Yuma's vote was clearly done out of principle, at least that's how I rread it.  I don't like people who have suspected yuma on this stance because it sounded 'forced'.  Uin my experience with these stand-on-principle type arguments, they will always sound a bit forced, because someone is jsut trying to make a point that self-voting itself is what is bad, but Yuma isn't really commenting on Galzria's alingmemt despite his vote for Galz. I find it a bit interesting that Galzria is reacting somewhat nonchalantly to what I think is a poor reason to vote for someone.  This makes me a bit suspicious, but not heavlily enough for me to have a serious scumread on Galz.

I disagree with his argument that this sounds like a case that scumyuma might make a serious thing of.  It really irks me when people react to a case with bad reasons on them by saying "bad reasoning=scum, I bet he's scum!" Especially with day1 cases that are often weak.  I just think that Galz made a joke (nullread) and yuma reacted too strongly to point out a principled stance that he has (nullread). End of story.

About Eevee's case on sparky
It's a bad case, and I don't like that it seems to have picked up two sheep votes from joth and Axxle (although Axxle unvotes quickly).  I agree that sparky's post could be read as forced, but I'm not getting scum reads off such a bold claim that mass-claiming may have benefits, actually I'm picking up a townread from that.  I'm comfortable just letting this issue go.

What I don't like here is Eevee's reaction to people sheeping his cases, and his response to sparky's 'defense.'
Looking back to sparkys reaction to my vote and the surprising traction it got from joth and axxle, I think it's interesting  he chose to go for the classic Robz defense "I can see why you'd think that, and usually it would be right..". Now, I admit it's hard to respond to a case that essentially reads "your post felt insincere", but sparky didnt even try. That being said, I'm surprised joth and axxle saw my post worth sheeping. Not behaviour I'd expect from either, but as I've said I really like early wagons to get the game rolling, so I guess I should just be humbled someone thinks I'm worth sheeping. Might be the first time!
That is a really bad summary of the defense that sparky gives.  He simply said that he is often scum, so maybe that's why your gut is yelling scum.  I agree that there are certain people who sort of look for reads that they expect themselves to have, like a cross-game tunneling.  It's best to recognize it and combat it, tunnelling is definitely detrimental to picking up accurate reads, I've found.  I'm really suspicious of the way you got 'surprised' that your sparky case gained traction.  I think this is an interaction not really worth pursuing now, however.

Axxle
Axxle is somebody that I jumped to finding scummy quite quickly.  Here's a post that gave me that vibe
Eevee has very good gut, but currently I think this Galzria/yuma argument might be the best thing to look into.

I think Galz is town for putting himself out there like he did.  But I think scum yuma might sit back and let someone else make that first "selfvote!" vote.  In conclusion I think it might be town v. town.  My biggest question is why joth didn't think it worth mentioning in the post right above mine?

@joth: what do you think of Galz v. yuma?

Vote: sparky for Eevee.
First off, he suggests that people look into Galz/Yuma argument, but then suspects himself that it's town v. town.  Why try to draw everybody's attention to something that a few people already are getting scumreads on but then say both participants are town?  It seems like the more attention that is paid to this, the more people may become convinced that either Galz/yuma is scum.  I also don't understand at all what you mean by "Galz putting himself out there"; by making a joke, Galz put himself out there and came out towny?  That's a really weird choice of words, since between Galz/yuma, yuma is the one who put himself out there in a more bold way, making his vote-all-selfvoters stance.  This I think is the most suspicious response to the Galz/yuma fiasco yet.

So thus far, i have a few reads, though none of them are super strong yet, the game is only 24 hours old.

Grujah: I got a slight-medium towny vibe from the way that he was grilling jimmm, even if it was in jest.
Axxle: medium scum as stated above
Eevee: very slight scum
Galz: very slight scum for reacting so smoothly to absurdness.
jimmm: slight townread, also from the Grujah/jimm interaction
Lekkit: slight town, mostlyf rom his post about his mixed feelings on yuma.
Robz: slight scum for his reaction to yuma, finding yuma scummy for his 'hollow-feeling' stance on selfvoters
sparky: slight town as stated above

About Insomniac's claiming business, I have slight scumreads on all three, so really don't know who he might be talking about.  I wouldn't be surprised if any of those three were scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2012, 05:22:07 pm »

ITT: Shraeye "Making cases are bad, all your cases are bad, and you're all bad".

Welcome to D1.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2012, 05:26:15 pm »

ITT: Shraeye "Making cases are bad, all your cases are bad, and you're all bad".

Welcome to D1.
Yup, I love a good D1.  I liked the first Arcana game, where I had a fun time day 1 and got some reads right, but then got night-killed.  Hopefully only the first parts happen this time.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2012, 05:27:28 pm »

Finger of Anger: Insomniac, for promising big and then disappearing.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2012, 06:50:51 pm »

Don't have full access but. I'm the wizard (major arcana) I'm claimin because out of Galz/robz/Eevee one of them has a qt. thus I am now claiming two are town and one is not. I don't have full access unfortunately so I can't fill claim but I'm major arcana there might be a doctor so mafia wifom etc.

Based on responses I think Galz is most likely scum but I need town help

I am the wizard
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2012, 06:52:05 pm »

I don't have a qt. Are there masons in the setup?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2012, 06:54:51 pm »

So you're basically saying that among Galz, Robz and Eevz, there is one QT? Do you know which one of them has one or are you just speculating?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2012, 06:55:17 pm »

every four in the deck is a mason...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2012, 06:57:03 pm »

I don't have full access unfortunately so I can't fill claim but I'm major arcana there might be a doctor so mafia wifom etc.

You might also be Major Arcana from an opposing faction... and so could one of the other people you list as not having access to a QT. WFIOM again.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2012, 06:58:26 pm »

Don't have full access but. I'm the wizard (major arcana) I'm claimin because out of Galz/robz/Eevee one of them has a qt. thus I am now claiming two are town and one is not. I don't have full access unfortunately so I can't fill claim but I'm major arcana there might be a doctor so mafia wifom etc.

Based on responses I think Galz is most likely scum but I need town help

I am the wizard

I am not. I am the 5 of Pentacles.

Since I'm being forced out by bad play anyway, we might as well get this out in the open and narrow down the field to two. Good job Insomniac.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2012, 06:58:39 pm »

every four in the deck is a mason...

Yeah, just checked. So... This isn't too informative, if this is all you got, Insomniac.

Okay everybody hold on. Maybe I shouldn't have said I don't have a qt. before eevee or galz out each other as as a mason, is the right thing for someone else, if they are in a mason group with eevee or galz, to say so?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2012, 06:59:06 pm »

Oh too late. Well if we all say we don't have a qt, you know there is a liar.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2012, 07:00:40 pm »

Woah galz. Was a full claim necessary? I don't think it was.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2012, 07:03:27 pm »

well I guess that is worthy of an unvote

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2012, 07:06:18 pm »

Okay we'll Eevee has to tell us if he is a Mason or scum. Interesting play by Insomniac, I'm not sure it was sound.

At least we're getting that mass claim I wanted off the ground!!!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2012, 07:07:39 pm »

Okay we'll Eevee has to tell us if he is a Mason or scum. Interesting play by Insomniac, I'm not sure it was sound.

At least we're getting that mass claim I wanted off the ground!!!

partial mass claim... I see no reason for me or nearly anyone else to claim...!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49  All

Page created in 1.999 seconds with 20 queries.