Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Counting House is the best card ever  (Read 831 times)

axlemn

• Salvager
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
Counting House is the best card ever
« on: December 25, 2012, 10:41:44 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/25/game-20121225-190658-9d3a8e21.html
Key cards: Ironworks, Worker's Village, Scheme, Counting House. 

This was likely Counting House's intended purpose: Extreme Deck Control, with failure punishable by nearly automatic loss.  Success is rewarded by an everlasting thing of magnificence. 

So if you have the gall, and the Kingdom's just right... 

I've said some unkind things about a good friend.  I will probably be amending the article on the wiki at some point. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 10:46:08 pm by axlemn »
Favorite cards: Wharf, Wishing Well, Cartographer, Counting House. 
Least favorite cards: Swindler, Jester, Ghost Ship, Black Market, Fortune Teller

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: Counting House is the best card ever
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 03:42:50 am »

King's Court is like bacon; everything's better with it.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/26/game-20121226-003621-0fa7eba8.html

I'm sure this can be optimized, but basically the idea is that I build a fools-golden deck that can make itself more powerful while greening.

This wouldn't really benefit from card gainers, I don't think, since there are relatively few cheap components involved. Trashing the starting Estates would help with pulling the engine components together, though, I guess. (Part of the strategy here is to use Counting House and Chancellor to filter the deck to find the Schemes, Woodcutter and KCs...) Maybe Quarry to get the KCs... This was a turn slower than axlemn, but I really like putting together engines that are (eventually) 100% deterministic.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.874 seconds with 20 queries.