Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 201  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff  (Read 1177254 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff
« Reply #1875 on: February 21, 2014, 07:24:25 pm »
+1

THEY DID IT!!!! THEY GOT LAPRAS!!! It's nickname is AIIIIIIIIIRR

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: February 21, 2014, 08:58:49 pm »
+2

So when is Twitch going to play Dominion?

And then they could have an rngplaysdominion channel too!  Oh wait, that's just Goko's bots...

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 21, 2014, 10:41:27 pm »
+1

So when is Twitch going to play Dominion?
Play: Copper
Buy: Curse
Buy: Curse
Buy: Copper
Buy: Copper
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9191
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 22, 2014, 12:09:12 am »

THEY DID IT!!!! THEY GOT LAPRAS!!! It's nickname is AIIIIIIIIIRR

They are having a lot of trouble in their attempts to teach her Surf and Strength.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 23, 2014, 08:46:46 pm »

Oxford comma: yes or no?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 23, 2014, 08:49:10 pm »
+6

yes; it's correct, clear, and stylish.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 23, 2014, 08:52:04 pm »

Yes.

Back to TPP, they just released 12 pokemon earlier today.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9416
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 23, 2014, 08:52:28 pm »
+1

Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 23, 2014, 09:00:36 pm »

yes; it's correct, clear, and stylish.

You're the best.  Get out.  Now.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3350
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 23, 2014, 09:12:19 pm »

Yes.

I've heard the event is already being called Black Sunday. I'm not really sure how they managed it.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 23, 2014, 09:42:48 pm »

Yes.

I've heard the event is already being called Black Sunday. I'm not really sure how they managed it.
From what I heard a different streamer is trying to get his followers to sabotage it using democracy.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 23, 2014, 10:20:08 pm »
+1

I apologize for mildly strong language.

I for one support the usage oxford commas.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 23, 2014, 10:35:25 pm »
+3

I'm not a man with very many strong convictions. I understand that people come from many different backgrounds and believe many different things and I'm willing to let a lot of things slide when I disagree with someone because we are all part of this strange, frustrating, wonderful human race living in this mixed up world. But if you tell me you are against the oxford comma, I will find out where you live, come to your house and burn it to the ground with you and everything and everyone you care about still inside.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 23, 2014, 10:48:23 pm »
+1

I am a fan of the oxford comma, I've just seen so many people against it which baffles me and wanted to get more opinions as to why.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 23, 2014, 11:00:40 pm »
+6

The thing I hate about Oxford comma apologists is that they always imply or explicitly say that the Oxford comma removes ambiguity (and it often comes across a bit obnoxious or pretentious).  It's happened in this very thread.  But the thing is, it's untrue.  There are situations where the Oxford comma helps, but there are also plenty of situations where using it creates ambiguity.  Formal writing should always seek to minimize ambiguity and therefore it should use or omit the Oxford comma as necessary.

In the case where the Oxford comma makes no different, I usually prefer to leave it out.  If it doesn't remove ambiguity, it's just useless ornamentation.

Also, there are some people who take it too far and use the Oxford comma in lists of two.  Gross.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: February 23, 2014, 11:02:14 pm »

Yes.

From what I heard a different streamer is trying to get his followers to sabotage it using democracy.

And he was doing it just after they had caught Zapdos (using the Master Ball).  The hivemind was attempting to withdraw Zapdos.  They managed it, but deposited a bunch of things in the process.  Then some things got released as they tried to withdraw.  Zapdos got deposited again, last I checked.  It also doesn't help that they have (had?) enough pokemon that they have flowed into Box 2.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 24, 2014, 12:15:50 am »

Yes.

I heard it was Bloody Sunday.  It was mostly unused ones, but Cabbage, DUX, and DigRat were released.  DigRat I already had a love/hate relationship with anyway, Cabbage wasn't really used much (although my brother liked him), but DUX is the main one that hurt.  Now they have nobody with Cut.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 24, 2014, 12:48:28 am »

Yes.

I heard it was Bloody Sunday.  It was mostly unused ones, but Cabbage, DUX, and DigRat were released.  DigRat I already had a love/hate relationship with anyway, Cabbage wasn't really used much (although my brother liked him), but DUX is the main one that hurt.  Now they have nobody with Cut.
Do they need cut anymore? They can always try to grab a nidoran from the pc though that might get another bloody day.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 24, 2014, 01:09:04 am »

Yes.

Do they need cut anymore? They can always try to grab a nidoran from the pc though that might get another bloody day.

They actually had Nidorino (nicknamed The Fonz?) in their party, last I checked.  Zapdos got withdrawn though, and Gastly got left at the Daycare.  I think a fair amount of that was done under Democracy though.

Not sure if they'll need Cut again, but right now they are taking the long way around to get to Cinnabar.  Going backwards through Mt. Moon right now, I think.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 24, 2014, 01:42:28 am »

Didn't know that such a big majority (of the people posted their opinion so far) favors the Oxford comma. Personally I don't care, but I've grown up in the first 22 years of my life not knowing there was such a thing as an Oxford comma (because it isn't used in Dutch), so I never use it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12876
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1895 on: February 24, 2014, 02:15:35 am »
+3

Depends on the list!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 24, 2014, 07:21:50 am »
+4

I'm not a man with very many strong convictions. I understand that people come from many different backgrounds and believe many different things and I'm willing to let a lot of things slide when I disagree with someone because we are all part of this strange, frustrating, wonderful human race living in this mixed up world. But if you tell me you are against the oxford comma, I will find out where you live, come to your houSE ANd burn it to the ground with you and everything and everyone you care about still inside.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 24, 2014, 09:25:13 am »

The thing I hate about Oxford comma apologists is that they always imply or explicitly say that the Oxford comma removes ambiguity (and it often comes across a bit obnoxious or pretentious).  It's happened in this very thread.  But the thing is, it's untrue.  There are situations where the Oxford comma helps, but there are also plenty of situations where using it creates ambiguity.  Formal writing should always seek to minimize ambiguity and therefore it should use or omit the Oxford comma as necessary.

In the case where the Oxford comma makes no different, I usually prefer to leave it out.  If it doesn't remove ambiguity, it's just useless ornamentation.

Also, there are some people who take it too far and use the Oxford comma in lists of two.  Gross.

We should have simply designed a language where all lists are comma-delimited and their and/or aspect is determined at the start of the list, like:

\/(a_i, i=1..n) [i.e., OR a_1, a_2, ..., a_n]

/\(a_i, i=1..n) [i.e., AND a_1, a_2, ..., a_n]

no need for confusion or ambiguities.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9416
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 24, 2014, 09:44:45 am »

We should have simply designed a language where all lists are comma-delimited and their and/or aspect is determined at the start of the list, like:

No trying to turn English into Lojban.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 24, 2014, 10:05:33 am »

No confusions but also really hard to read if the list has like 7 or 8 or more things.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 201  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 17 queries.