Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 139086 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Day 1 Started!
« Reply #700 on: December 11, 2012, 08:08:14 pm »

Vote Count 1.15

Robz888 (1): theorel
Eevee (5): yuma, Axxle, Robz888, Lekkit, Captain_Frisk
Lekkit (7): cayvie, Cuzz, shraeye, Eevee, raerae, Jimmmmm, Galzria

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Per usual course, ash will handle the flavour; I'll handle your flip.

Lekkit has been lynched.  He was a Mafia Goon.

NIGHT 1 HAS BEGUN.
  Night actions are due in 48 hours, so by Thursday, December 13, at 8:00 p.m. EST, or whatever other deadline ash may set.

This thread is STILL LOCKED.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 11, 2012, 09:03:05 pm »

The group sat around the Magic Box, on the floor mostly, or in chairs when they could find them.  They stared at each other, prodded and asked questions a few times, but really were unsure what to do.

"Uh, guys?  Why don't we just put it all out there and try to figure out who the bad guys are?"  raerae asked.  "It's lonely being the only Innocent person here, and I feel like I don't know any of you..."

So they talk, and talked, and talked.  The sun started to set, and the group focused on two people sitting against the counter.  It must be one of those two.  Galzria couldn't take the indecision anymore, and shouted out.

"It must be that one!  Get him!"

So, with the help of cayvie, Cuzz, shraeye, Eevee, raerae, and Jimmmmm, they grabbed Lekkit and threw him down on the ground, and started pummeling him with whatever they could find.  One of them broke the leg off a chair and staked him through the heart.  Lekkit gurgled and died.

"Uh, guys, that was gross!"  raerae exclaimed.

As he lay there, dead, his jacket fell open and a wallet, of all things, plopped to the floor.  raerae picked it up and pulled out a business card.

"Huh, this guy was The Master, a Big Bad Goon.  What a weird..."

Everyone looked back to where Lekkit's body was, and just saw a poof of dust.

Night 1 is underway.

Night actions are due by Thursday, December 13, at 8:00 p.m. EST.  Send all actions to myself, Voltgloss, and Jorbles.  Day 2 may start early if all actions are in.

This thread is STILL LOCKED.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:04:17 pm by ashersky »
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #702 on: December 13, 2012, 02:21:18 pm »

Totally abusing my admin powers here, to post in a locked topic, but ...

Vote: Shraeye

It's been a day since he subbed in, and we still haven't heard from him. And the deadline is coming up. At this time, I'd rather lynch Eevee than Robz, since I think he has contributed less this game.

Congrats on post #150,000.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 13, 2012, 08:07:48 pm »

The gang fell asleep as the sun set and they all tacitly agreed they shouldn’t leave the Magic Box until they figured out who was who, and who was evil.  They found open spaces on the floor to lay down, used old musty books for pillows, and some towels from the weird gym they found in the back room.

In the morning, raerae was the first to wake up.  And the first to scream.

“Uh, guys, what happened there?”

Raerae pointed to the corner, where a body, bruised and bloodied, lay crumpled in a heap, stuck to the floor by its own blood.  A wooden stake, crudely fashioned from a broom handle, stuck out of his chest.

It was Robz888.  Next to his body, they found a broken pair of glasses, and a thick book open to the dedication page.  It was signed “To my good friend Rupert Giles, the Scooby Gang Doctor” by the author.

Day 2 has begun.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on December 26, at 4:30 p.m. forum time.  7 days and 3.5 hours of your bankable time has been used up.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 13, 2012, 08:09:57 pm »

Bad bad bad, no doctoring for us anymore.

We should discuss yesterday's craziness for sure. My impression is that it makes myself look very towny, Galzria quite towny and reflects badly on those who didn't comment / wanted to lynch me (theorel comes to mind).

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVII: Tabula Rasa (Buffyverse) - Day 2!
« Reply #705 on: December 13, 2012, 08:11:33 pm »

One of these days imma be right about robz
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 13, 2012, 08:17:48 pm »

If Eevee is town, and all the scum were not already on his wagon (read: none were bussing Lekkit), why wouldn't one switch his vote to hammer out Eevee?

Alternatively: If any of the people not voting Eevee were scum, why did they let Lekkit die?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 13, 2012, 08:18:34 pm »

Great work guys. The worst thing about having nights is you want to yell out a celebration but you can't. I felt quite gagged to be honest.

Interesting that they hit Robz. Not quite sure what to make of that. I guess the fact that he was a doctor means the raerae will be the next to go.

Just letting you know I'll be VLA over the weekend. I'm at work now, so I can't be particularly active, and I'll be going away pretty much as soon as I get home. Don't have a smartphone, either, so won't be able to post at all. I'll be back my Sunday afternoon, so Saturday night/Sunday morning forum time.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 13, 2012, 08:19:37 pm »

If Eevee is town, and all the scum were not already on his wagon (read: none were bussing Lekkit), why wouldn't one switch his vote to hammer out Eevee?

Alternatively: If any of the people not voting Eevee were scum, why did they let Lekkit die?

This is my thinking as well, but why kill off the wagon if both scum are there?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 13, 2012, 08:25:12 pm »

This is my thinking as well, but why kill off the wagon if both scum are there?

That's a WIFOM question. They could do it to illicit that exact response. Or, they couldn't been sold on bussing hardcore. Obviously they wouldn't want to flip and hammer a townie, so maybe they were scared. Pretty bad spot to back themselves into though, considering that Eevee hit L-1 well before Lekkit, and the Lekkit wagon could have still dissolved at that time.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 13, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »

Couldn't = could've.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 13, 2012, 08:26:19 pm »

I think partial reason might be just that I portrayed towniness a lot better than Lekkit did when push came to a shove?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 13, 2012, 08:26:49 pm »

Oh and hail Galzria for making the right call in the end. Pleased to see you read me that well. Good job.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 13, 2012, 08:27:06 pm »

We should discuss yesterday's craziness for sure. My impression is that it makes myself look very towny, Galzria quite towny and reflects badly on those who didn't comment / wanted to lynch me (theorel comes to mind).
I'm fine giving you town credit, being the competing wagon, and all people who stayed on the Lekkit wagon when Eevee was possible some credit.  But only minimal credit to Galz.  Still, I think we're going to do best by starting to look at the remaining Eevee-wagoners (+theorel).

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 13, 2012, 08:29:12 pm »

So your theory is 2 scum in theorel, Yuma axxle?  Time for a reread.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 13, 2012, 08:29:48 pm »

I'm fine giving you town credit, being the competing wagon, and all people who stayed on the Lekkit wagon when Eevee was possible some credit.  But only minimal credit to Galz.  Still, I think we're going to do best by starting to look at the remaining Eevee-wagoners (+theorel).
Why only minimal credit to Galz?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 13, 2012, 08:31:06 pm »

Considering he could have just waited for theorel, I have to assume that galz is not mafia.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 13, 2012, 08:34:07 pm »

Considering he could have just waited for theorel, I have to assume that galz is not mafia.
Quite anti-town of you to not let shraeye fuq up answering to my question.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 13, 2012, 08:38:46 pm »

He was on Lekkit's wagon but then switched to Eevee, and only when both wagons were at L-1 did he flip back to Lekkit.  If one were scum and sitting on one L-1 wagon while looking at one's scummate who is also at L-1, it would seem an easy way to buy credit to switch wagons and be the bus hammer. 

It would be much more suspicious to have been on Lekkit early, but then refuse to be the hammer since Eevee was at L-1, and then have Eevee flip town (this argument assumes Eevee is town).  So faced with scummily lynching townEevee, or hammering his partner, I think most scum would hammer Lekkit.

@Frisk  I'm including you in that Eevee-wagon search as well, obviously.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 13, 2012, 08:40:50 pm »

Quite anti-town of you to not let shraeye fuq up answering to my question.

Lol

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: December 13, 2012, 08:42:58 pm »

@Frisk  I'm including you in that Eevee-wagon search as well, obviously.

Of course. I'd suspect you of scummitude if you didn't. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 13, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »

Shraeye, Galzria wouldn't have needed to refuse or anything like that. Theorel announced intent to hammer me, Galzria jumped in before he had the chance and hammered Lekkit. I think that deserves at least some credit, if not a full IC status.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 13, 2012, 08:53:50 pm »

Shraeye, Galzria wouldn't have needed to refuse or anything like that. Theorel announced intent to hammer me, Galzria jumped in before he had the chance and hammered Lekkit. I think that deserves at least some credit, if not a full IC status.
Some credit is given.  Not a lot.  Most definitely not IC status.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 13, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »

Some credit is given.  Not a lot.  Most definitely not IC status.
Definitely more credit than someone who didn't do what he did and just stayed on the Eevee wagon. Or someone who was not voting at all and expressed intent in hammering Eevee.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 13, 2012, 08:57:20 pm »

Also, not switching back to Lekkit (where his vote very recently was) would have been akin to refusing to hammer Lekkit in my mind, whether or not theorel wanted to hammer you.

He had the opportunity, and (in this hypothetical, where eevee got lynched) didn't take it.

@PPE Oh yeah, for sure.  That's why I said that we start by looking at Eevee-wagoners plus theorel, was that not clear?  I feel like we're talking past eachother somehow.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55  All

Page created in 2.411 seconds with 15 queries.