Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 144060 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #1550 on: October 20, 2013, 11:14:51 pm »

Okay, Monsters U will probably be RMM, although there's nothing crazy in it.

I'll run that or LOTR3 whenever my turn comes up.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 20, 2013, 11:53:09 pm »

But, I'll reserve a spot. I can probably figure something out by then.

I think you might've missed this, ash.

Which queue?  I was waiting for blitz/non-blitz, I think.
Oh, yep! See it! Somehow I must've glanced over it.
Oh wait that's the BM games, not the Blitz.

I'll just reserve a spot in the normal queue.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 21, 2013, 09:27:27 am »

TA/Nkirbit - you should totally make your own C9++ style 9-player game.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 21, 2013, 09:40:35 am »

Yeah, I think we were after Grujah. I'm cool to go wherever, although maybe Yuma might like to have a chance to play some games instead of modding all of them? Wherever Yuma wants to go is cool with us though

you can jump ahead (or return back ahead of me if that was the case) of me if you would like.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 21, 2013, 10:04:09 am »

that is a huge queue!

...better sign up for something now then...

I'll sign up for MXLVIII, open setup as always, 11-14 players I think. (will be a fixed number of players eventually).

flavor, meh. Probably pretty much nothing, maybe basic village-with-mafia-in-it flavor.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 21, 2013, 10:20:01 am »

My RMM is not yet ready to go. I am A-OK falling down 1 spot in the queue if there is someone ready to take it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 21, 2013, 10:39:11 am »

My RMM is not yet ready to go. I am A-OK falling down 1 spot in the queue if there is someone ready to take it.
I can move up, and people can pass me up if a Grimm tape is done before toy story.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 21, 2013, 11:51:08 am »

If I was better at balancing, I might try this. Basically go for 5 t's instead of 7, and remove the possibility of a serial killer (maybe add in more variable scum roles to make up for this).

Ill throw something together and see some roles to see how balanced of a game it comes out with.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 21, 2013, 12:16:43 pm »

If I was better at balancing, I might try this. Basically go for 5 t's instead of 7, and remove the possibility of a serial killer (maybe add in more variable scum roles to make up for this).

Ill throw something together and see some roles to see how balanced of a game it comes out with.

so C9++ was originally a 9 player game. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9

It ended up being pretty broken. might be worth looking at if you are going to go this route and see what you can learn from their mistakes...

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 21, 2013, 12:22:53 pm »

I think the matrix approach that was used in the recent newbie game is an intriguing setup for 9p.  Wouldn't mind at all seeing that get some more use.  Maybe tweak the roles slightly if wanted for spice.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: October 21, 2013, 12:26:11 pm »

I would actually like to take this back, if it's not too late. I forgot that there's Grimm still in the sign-up phase. I can definitely have mine ready to go by the time Grimm is underway (which is when I assume we'd want signups to open).

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 23, 2013, 06:41:01 pm »

Put me down for a RMM.  I'm going to try to make a (mostly) open Innovation type set-up.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 23, 2013, 06:43:23 pm »

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN I have BMXIX? Plz?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: October 23, 2013, 06:43:44 pm »

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN I have BMXIX? Plz?

Note- the game will have nothing to do with Star Trek

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 23, 2013, 06:51:16 pm »

Put me down for a RMM.  I'm going to try to make a (mostly) open Innovation type set-up.
Oh boy! :D

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: October 23, 2013, 08:30:02 pm »

Ok so I just looked over this queue for the first time in a while and:

Can someone point me to where people talk about meta-mafia a bit more? Or can someone describe it? It sounds highly intriguing, and I could use a good bastard game.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT MAFIA how did I not know about this sooner??? I realize this is like 2 and a half years away in the queue, but I can't not be involved in this. I would love to play or possibly co-mod.

Survivor mafia? Is this based on, like, surviving? Or, dare I dream...Survivor??? Anyway, you've piqued my interest.

Also, I don't know a thing about the theme, but the tagline for Touhou (Highly responsive to votes) has me interested...
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: October 23, 2013, 08:39:11 pm »

Can someone point me to where people talk about meta-mafia a bit more? Or can someone describe it? It sounds highly intriguing, and I could use a good bastard game.
basically, you have to play the meta of another player that isn't you. It's in your role, I think. ashertype can explain it to you better.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 23, 2013, 08:41:35 pm »

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT MAFIA how did I not know about this sooner??? I realize this is like 2 and a half years away in the queue, but I can't not be involved in this. I would love to play or possibly co-mod.

You and Voltaire are guaranteed a spot. It should fall into what I hope becomes the "Role game" category. Should be a 9-player game that is structured very similarly to Modern Community. I moved it from the "normal" to RMM queue because of the commentary about Modern Community.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: October 23, 2013, 08:42:31 pm »

basically, you have to play the meta of another player that isn't you. It's in your role, I think. ashertype can explain it to you better.

Whaaaaat. Woah. That almost reminds me a little of hydras, but without the secret element.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: October 23, 2013, 08:53:29 pm »

You and Voltaire are guaranteed a spot. It should fall into what I hope becomes the "Role game" category. Should be a 9-player game that is structured very similarly to Modern Community. I moved it from the "normal" to RMM queue because of the commentary about Modern Community.

Hey awesome! I just looked back to try to find the first mention of this mafia....June! This game is a long time coming!

I also was reminded of my Pokemon Role Madness game, which I never finished and feel super bad about. It was just too huge an undertaking. I've still got that thing in a doc somewhere if any highly adventurous co-modding type wants to try to resurrect an extreme role madness game. Or just steal ideas! I'm totally cool with that!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: October 23, 2013, 08:57:39 pm »

Whaaaaat. Woah. That almost reminds me a little of hydras, but without the secret element.
What we have for certain is...
Each player will be assigned a f.ds player. All actions, votes, etc. Must be targeted against a certain meta (Robz, Dsell, etc.) instead of the player itself.

Should be fun!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: October 23, 2013, 09:02:21 pm »

What we have for certain is...
Each player will be assigned a f.ds player. All actions, votes, etc. Must be targeted against a certain meta (Robz, Dsell, etc.) instead of the player itself.

Should be fun!

vote: shraeye
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: October 23, 2013, 09:17:31 pm »

Are any of the games in the bastard queue total (or mostly) screw-off games? I haven't followed like any of the recent bastard games, so maybe some of them have been, but the direction things seemed to be moving were towards super flavorful or experimental RMM games. Which is great, but sometimes it's even a little more effort than I want to give. I like a bastard game where it's all just zaniness and jokes and fun with some mafia thrown in. Especially when I'm really busy/in other games, it's a nice mental break. I know that these sorts of games can sometimes get stalled when the players have no info or don't know what to do or if everyone just gets bored, and I know that f.dsers like a little seriousness thrown in with their goofiness, but I feel like there's a good balance somewhere between light-heartedness and an alright game of mafia. Can anyone recommend a game for me?

Maybe I just need to play Drunk Mafia. :P

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: October 23, 2013, 09:31:47 pm »

I'm working on creating a mini setup of C9++. I really really really like the idea of rolling for roles (and not just the idea of "Hey, let's pick one of these 4 pre-determined setups").

I have a draft up, if anyone is interested in what I have I'll shoot you a QT link, or I could just post it here, too. I'm sure it needs lots of edits, I am not good at balancing these things quite yet.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: October 23, 2013, 09:33:35 pm »

I'm working on creating a mini setup of C9++. I really really really like the idea of rolling for roles (and not just the idea of "Hey, let's pick one of these 4 pre-determined setups").

I have a draft up, if anyone is interested in what I have I'll shoot you a QT link, or I could just post it here, too. I'm sure it needs lots of edits, I am not good at balancing these things quite yet.

This is going to end up open yes? If so i'll take a look, but if that means I can't play I don't want to see...
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 16 queries.