Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 144071 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #1450 on: October 01, 2013, 10:59:27 am »

Please remove me from all queues.  I am sorry all.

I'll retract this please.  Apologies for drama. 

I am, however, going to be implementing a very specific rule in all of my games going forward (even bastard games) to prevent a certain situation from happening ever again.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 01, 2013, 01:16:09 pm »

Please remove me from all queues.  I am sorry all.

I'll retract this please.  Apologies for drama. 

I am, however, going to be implementing a very specific rule in all of my games going forward (even bastard games) to prevent a certain situation from happening ever again.

I am very curious what this rule is...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04:19 am »

The last day I was alive in a mafia game was September 8th. September 8th!!!

That means I have not been in a game for 3 weeks (certainly a personal record). This isn't good.... I am starting to go into a very dark place.

A very, very dark place. I need me some mafia and if I don't get it, I may end up doing something I regret...

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 02, 2013, 01:06:18 pm »

That means I have not been in a game for 3 weeks (certainly a personal record). This isn't good.... I am starting to go into a very dark place.

A very, very dark place. I need me some mafia and if I don't get it, I may end up doing something I regret...

Don't do it! You have so much to live for! A wife, a beautiful newborn... Mafia 32!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 02, 2013, 02:16:57 pm »

that place can be hit or miss.  I played a game I enjoyed.  I spectated two games I wouldn't have enjoyed to play.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: October 02, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »

that place can be hit or miss.  I played a game I enjoyed.  I spectated two games I wouldn't have enjoyed to play.

if only there were somewhere else to play mafia games! Then I could be guaranteed a good time!

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 02, 2013, 02:22:39 pm »

if only there were somewhere else to play mafia games! Then I could be guaranteed a good time!

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9409.msg299933#msg299933

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: October 02, 2013, 03:43:43 pm »

Puppies are great!
Wrong thread  :D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:10:40 pm by ashersky »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 02, 2013, 03:46:10 pm »

:-[

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: October 02, 2013, 04:10:40 pm »

sudgy should be modkilled for talking about a game outside the game thread!!!1!1!1!1!!11!!1!

jk.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:11:03 pm by ashersky »

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: October 02, 2013, 06:59:37 pm »

I've been thinking of ways to do an open setup RMM and I think I've got something:

Say it's a 13 player game. Do something like 3 Mafia/9 Town and put out a list of 13 roles. Each role is a PR and has a flavor name and the roles in the game are shown to everyone. Players draft the roles, but who has which role isn't posted in thread. During the day, you try to lynch off roles. So posting Vote: {Role Flavor Name} instead of voting off a specific player. Once a flavor name has required enough votes to be lynched, the owner of that role will be killed. Go to night, resolve actions, go to the next day, and rinse and repeat until a team has won.

If people think this may work, I'll go ahead and signup for a spot in the queue.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: October 02, 2013, 07:03:37 pm »

I've been thinking of ways to do an open setup RMM and I think I've got something:

Say it's a 13 player game. Do something like 3 Mafia/9 Town and put out a list of 13 roles. Each role is a PR and has a flavor name and the roles in the game are shown to everyone. Players draft the roles, but who has which role isn't posted in thread. During the day, you try to lynch off roles. So posting Vote: {Role Flavor Name} instead of voting off a specific player. Once a flavor name has required enough votes to be lynched, the owner of that role will be killed. Go to night, resolve actions, go to the next day, and rinse and repeat until a team has won.

If people think this may work, I'll go ahead and signup for a spot in the queue.

So this would be an open RMM game?

If you can pull it off, that would be fun. But the problem with open setup RMM games is that they can often be "solved." Meaning that if everyone knows the roles ahead of time players can quickly figure out an optimal strategy. That is why open games are generally simplified so that even if there is an optimal strategy it is breaking. With RMM games the mod would have to be able to create a setup that cannot be solved. That isn't impossible, but is rather difficult I think.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: October 02, 2013, 07:05:17 pm »

Is it known who has which flavour name?  If so, why not just use actual names?  If not, then the game gets really weird.  Say I think that you are extremely scummy, and I even manage to convince people of that.  But people can't even vote for you because we don't know what your flavour name is.  The obvious solution is just for everybody to claim flavour names, which kind of defeats the whole purpose.  Maybe I am missing something.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: October 02, 2013, 07:08:40 pm »

Yeah, I just realized that to get any scum hunting done, you need everyone to claim. But then you have the whole weird voting thing for the rest of the game.

Never mind. Just put me down for a Small Town RMM game. Same sort of open-RMM game idea.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: October 02, 2013, 07:09:17 pm »

Yeah, I just realized that to get any scum hunting done, you need everyone to claim. But then you have the whole weird voting thing for the rest of the game.

Never mind. Just put me down for a Small Town RMM game. Same sort of open-RMM game idea.
And by same sort I mean being open with roles, but without the weird voting thing.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: October 02, 2013, 07:15:00 pm »

So RMM18 is me, and RMM19 is Archetype?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: October 06, 2013, 07:09:07 pm »

I would like to sign up for another BM game. I promise it won't be anything like the last one  :D
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: October 07, 2013, 01:38:55 pm »

I would like to sign up for another BM game. I promise it won't be anything like the last one  :D

PYNL?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: October 07, 2013, 02:46:39 pm »

PYNL?
PINL.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: October 08, 2013, 10:54:19 am »

So when should I start dynasty warriors mafia? Also how do I move the thread to mafia game threads?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: October 08, 2013, 10:54:47 am »

So when should I start dynasty warriors mafia? Also how do I move the thread to mafia game threads?

ALso everyone has confirmed
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 08, 2013, 11:13:43 am »

Move Thread is at the bottom of the page, under the last reply.  On the little grey bar over the Quick-Reply bar.

I think it's customary to give 24 hours for scum to discuss N0.  Other than that, whatever timing seems reasonable, some portion of players might be low activity due to RMM9 and MXXXI.  But I'm sure yuma would rather start sooner :)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 08, 2013, 05:45:57 pm »

Move Thread is at the bottom of the page, under the last reply.  On the little grey bar over the Quick-Reply bar.

I think it's customary to give 24 hours for scum to discuss N0.  Other than that, whatever timing seems reasonable, some portion of players might be low activity due to RMM9 and MXXXI.  But I'm sure yuma would rather start sooner :)

We're going to lynch him Day 1 anyway, just because.

He's never been a D1 lynch, you know.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 08, 2013, 06:02:17 pm »

We're going to lynch him Day 1 anyway, just because.

He's never been a D1 lynch, you know.

Hogwash.  f:DS players have <i>zero</i> track record of lynching excited-to-play-again players on Day 1.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 08, 2013, 07:35:51 pm »

I have an idea for an open game (that might actually work!) that could possibly be ran as a semi blitz game (1 week-ish deadlines?).

3 Mafia
5 Townies

Nightless. Mafia have no night kill but have daychat. Also has White Flag (only two of the 3 Mafia are needed to be lynched for Town to win). The catch is that when any player is lynched, they have two options:

Be lynched as normal. Show alignment and no longer post in thread.
Become a Tree Stump. They will not show their alignment, but may still post in thread.

In either case, the votes will be reset and the next day will begin.

Thoughts? Maybe another Townie? If people like the idea of it, I'll reserve a spot in the queue.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 16 queries.