Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 144061 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #1425 on: September 24, 2013, 11:01:39 pm »

You'll play in the sequel, I hope.

You won't drag me back in!  I have retired as the True Robz and I won't create an opportunity for that to slip away.

The True Robz auto-ins.

Yup. Without even reading the rules or setup.

Actually, the True Robz doesn't really read the rules at all even after he /ins, and only skims his role PM.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: September 24, 2013, 11:44:25 pm »

You won't drag me back in!  I have retired as the True Robz and I won't create an opportunity for that to slip away.

The True Robz auto-ins.

Yup. Without even reading the rules or setup.

Actually, the True Robz doesn't really read the rules at all even after he /ins, and only skims his role PM.

Information is inversely proportional to fun, just ask any f.dser!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: September 25, 2013, 03:25:10 pm »

The True Robz auto-ins.

I am not auto-inning, therefore the True Robz does not.  The True Robz shall not bow to pressure. ;)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 26, 2013, 06:26:17 pm »

not sure if this is the right place to post this - but I'm not going to be able to play games like mafia that rely on regular activity as much anymore. Will still play non-mafia games (and I need to catch up on those now), but I don't plan on playing mafia much anymore. (may be coerced into playing eventually...), but I'm at least taking a break.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 27, 2013, 01:42:05 pm »

My game can be blitz if there's interest in that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 27, 2013, 06:53:50 pm »

I would play it as blitz as long as it was my off-week.

Actually I wonder if there is any interest in semi-blitz. It seems that many of us have "real life" stuff that occupies our time perhaps a bit more than before? We are growing up guys!

As such I wonder if there is interest in games that have 3 RL days? So not crazy fast like blitz, but also not the 2 week long day megagames that we sometimes get.

I think the 3 day days would be ideal for me. I could be involved, around enough (maybe not always be there at deadline, but often enough) that I could play even during my on-weeks and maybe even be in another game at the same time because hopefully the 3 day days would keep the posting down enough that I could read everything.

Would other people like this semi-blitz? If it doesn't take off in the next few games I might give it a whirl with my AD game.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 27, 2013, 07:20:52 pm »

I'd probably play!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 27, 2013, 07:47:55 pm »

I would play it as blitz as long as it was my off-week.

Actually I wonder if there is any interest in semi-blitz. It seems that many of us have "real life" stuff that occupies our time perhaps a bit more than before? We are growing up guys!

As such I wonder if there is interest in games that have 3 RL days? So not crazy fast like blitz, but also not the 2 week long day megagames that we sometimes get.

I think the 3 day days would be ideal for me. I could be involved, around enough (maybe not always be there at deadline, but often enough) that I could play even during my on-weeks and maybe even be in another game at the same time because hopefully the 3 day days would keep the posting down enough that I could read everything.

Would other people like this semi-blitz? If it doesn't take off in the next few games I might give it a whirl with my AD game.

Yes, this. I love blitz games, but now that I have a job, I kinda can't be on the computer for 10 hour chunks of the day, which makes it impossible to play 24 hour blitz.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 27, 2013, 07:51:35 pm »

OK, it's official, my game is semi-blitz.  When can I open for sign ups?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: September 27, 2013, 07:53:00 pm »

OK, it's official, my game is semi-blitz.  When can I open for sign ups?
I think sudgy should also open up for signups.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 29, 2013, 02:25:34 am »

Should I open for signups?  BM games always take a while for a new game to open (usually when the previous one ends).

Also, I still have two other BM games planned, so I would think at least one more could be put on there.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 29, 2013, 02:32:54 pm »

re: blitz - I've had trouble finding people for my Hangman Blitz.  Do you think people don't like the inclusion of the word game aspect to the mafia frame?  Or maybe how I've done it?  It's open setup, so any advice would be welcome.  I'd be open to semi-blitz, too.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 29, 2013, 03:03:34 pm »

re: blitz - I've had trouble finding people for my Hangman Blitz.  Do you think people don't like the inclusion of the word game aspect to the mafia frame?  Or maybe how I've done it?  It's open setup, so any advice would be welcome.  I'd be open to semi-blitz, too.
The word game aspect is why I'm not signing up. It's a fun idea, but being a non-native speaker, I'd be such a detriment for my team in the hangman portion.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 29, 2013, 04:15:35 pm »

Should I open for signups?  BM games always take a while for a new game to open (usually when the previous one ends).

Also, I still have two other BM games planned, so I would think at least one more could be put on there.
I say open it!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 29, 2013, 10:09:31 pm »

I say open it!

Fine, here.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: September 29, 2013, 10:15:42 pm »

I am willing to play either way. I think I would prefer w/o the hangman portion, but not by very much. And yeah, semi-blitz I think might be better for most players... It certainly would for me, and I would be able to certainly /in as opposed to being a tentative /in depending on when it started.

As for the setup, I think w/o the wordgame it is a very simple setup, so maybe it needs the wordgame aspect to slightly spice it up a bit?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: September 29, 2013, 10:18:06 pm »

The last day I was alive in a mafia game was September 8th. September 8th!!!

That means I have not been in a game for 3 weeks (certainly a personal record). This isn't good.... I am starting to go into a very dark place.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 29, 2013, 10:23:03 pm »

Dynasty Warriors needs to start.

Monsters RMM needs to start.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: September 30, 2013, 05:41:08 am »

Please remove me from all queues.  I am sorry all.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 30, 2013, 06:14:56 pm »

Switch WoT mafia with my other RMM game, plz. Super pumped for it, gonna be awesome!

No Voltgloss!!!!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 30, 2013, 06:18:06 pm »

Please don't leave. :(
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 30, 2013, 09:14:45 pm »

Ohhh, and I was really enjoying playing with Voltgloss again.    :(

Anyhow, I came here to put forward an idea for a game. Do you guys remember the game where Insomniac was a dreaming god? I really want to make a game centred around the dreaming god idea. The one problem with the role is that only one player gets to see all the neat different game-changing choices, with that in mind I propose a game in which no one has a role, only alignments, but as the game progresses each night players vote on what the dreaming god shall dream of. Whatever effect is voted for shall change the way the game works on the next day. None of these things should change the game in such a way to help scum or town particularly, though how they are used might favour scum or town depending on how people react to them, but they will change the rules of the game (at least for a day). The game would have a single team of scum, (probably something considered a "fair" split for one lone unpowered scum team. 2/9? 3/11? 4/15? and would not be bastard (except that people don't know what the different dreams do). I don't know if this should go in the RM queue or the normal queue, but I'd like to run it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 30, 2013, 09:31:53 pm »

Anyhow, I came here to put forward an idea for a game. Do you guys remember the game where Insomniac was a dreaming god? I really want to make a game centred around the dreaming god idea. The one problem with the role is that only one player gets to see all the neat different game-changing choices, with that in mind I propose a game in which no one has a role, only alignments, but as the game progresses each night players vote on what the dreaming god shall dream of. Whatever effect is voted for shall change the way the game works on the next day. None of these things should change the game in such a way to help scum or town particularly, though how they are used might favour scum or town depending on how people react to them, but they will change the rules of the game (at least for a day). The game would have a single team of scum, (probably something considered a "fair" split for one lone unpowered scum team. 2/9? 3/11? 4/15? and would not be bastard (except that people don't know what the different dreams do). I don't know if this should go in the RM queue or the normal queue, but I'd like to run it.

I like it.  I'd go RMM, if only because of the changing nature of the roles.  The fact that there aren't any roles at all make it feel normal, but I think since nights are >= days, it gets the RMM label.  That's a big divider for me--is the focus on days or nights?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 30, 2013, 09:33:01 pm »

Run it semi-blitz!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 30, 2013, 09:46:11 pm »

Alright RM it is, and sorry TA, since I don't have time to run a blitz game it'll have to be normal deadlines. :)
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 15 queries.