Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 144010 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #1275 on: August 17, 2013, 10:57:00 pm »

@yuma Diffusion of Power looks cool.

I agree, but it seems like it's far too easy to solve with a massclaim?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 17, 2013, 10:59:32 pm »

@yuma Diffusion of Power looks cool.

I agree, but it seems like it's far too easy to solve with a massclaim?

I wondered about that too... But maybe I explained it wrong...
Daystart
The Mod randomises how many Cops and Docs there are: 1/3rd chance of a 4/6, 5/5 or 6/4 split each.
The Mod then randomises a number from 1-5 for each town player. This is the one night that the players' role works on.
It's possible for there to be multiple players with the same power and night.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 17, 2013, 11:09:03 pm »

Oh, well nevermind then. I was thinking you'd have D1/D2/D3/D4/D5/D6 cop and D1/D2/D3/D4 doc (or whatever), and you could massclaim and solve. But that's much better.

Seems swingy, though, depending on what days the night powers fall on.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 17, 2013, 11:11:37 pm »

Oh, well nevermind then. I was thinking you'd have D1/D2/D3/D4/D5/D6 cop and D1/D2/D3/D4 doc (or whatever), and you could massclaim and solve. But that's much better.

Seems swingy, though, depending on what days the night powers fall on.

yeah, I think if I ran it I might consider some sort of nerf perhaps so that if two players targeted the same player at night nothing would happen, or if a player with a target that night was targeted by another, nothing would happen.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 18, 2013, 09:53:39 am »

Vote: Pick your power

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 18, 2013, 01:18:29 pm »

I could use a vet to look over my Wreck-It-Ralph game (the last game on the signup list). It's open, so you could still play.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 18, 2013, 01:23:40 pm »

dunno if I count as a vet yet, but I'll look at it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 18, 2013, 01:26:24 pm »

dunno if I count as a vet yet, but I'll look at it.
K
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 24, 2013, 06:41:48 pm »

I have a BM idea, but don't know if folks would play.

The basic premise is that each player is assigned a "role" that is another f.ds player.  So you have to mimic their meta, etc.  Powers would be based on the player's meta, too.

Thoughts?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 24, 2013, 06:42:50 pm »

The basic premise is that each player is assigned a "role" that is another f.ds player.  So you have to mimic their meta, etc.  Powers would be based on the player's meta, too.

Thoughts?
/in.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 24, 2013, 06:43:04 pm »

Thoughts?
/in.
/in /in.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 24, 2013, 06:43:22 pm »

Thoughts?
/in.
/in /in.
so much /in that you can skip ahead of my BM game. /in.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 24, 2013, 06:59:59 pm »

Aw man, that was what my BM was going to be! Or well, powers based on f.ds members. :P

Haha, but I have a couple other BM game setups. So if you want to, you can run it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 24, 2013, 07:04:04 pm »

Aw man, that was what my BM was going to be! Or well, powers based on f.ds members. :P

Haha, but I have a couple other BM game setups. So if you want to, you can run it.
Idea: cocreate/comod. With ash.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 24, 2013, 07:04:20 pm »

My RMM game increased to 13 players.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: August 24, 2013, 07:06:16 pm »

I'd play that, Ash. But we really need to get mail-mi's game going!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 24, 2013, 07:06:44 pm »

What he said.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 24, 2013, 07:08:39 pm »

Regular Games
Mafia XXXI: sudgy
Mafia XXXII: Modern Community!  (yumersky)
Mafia XXXIII: Fire and Ice (mail-mi)
Mafia XXXIV: mcmcsalot

We are probably still a little ways away from this (as lio's game is still in signups), but I want to bring it up. Do we still feel the same way about mods hosting multiple games at the same time. And by feeling I mean to be against it? I know I feel that way. If so there may be some queue jumping as both sudgy and ash are currently hosting games (mail-mi has his BM going). So if we are wary of that I just wanted to suggest that mail-mi and mcmc determine if they are at a good spots with their games' progress for coming up in the queue.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 24, 2013, 07:11:12 pm »

Regular Games

We are probably still a little ways away from this (as lio's game is still in signups), but I want to bring it up. Do we still feel the same way about mods hosting multiple games at the same time. And by feeling I mean to be against it? I know I feel that way. If so there may be some queue jumping as both sudgy and ash are currently hosting games (mail-mi has his BM going). So if we are wary of that I just wanted to suggest that mail-mi and mcmc determine if they are at a good spots with their games' progress for coming up in the queue.

I agree.  Since Modern Community is co-modded, it'd be okay, I guess, although I expect LOTR2 will be close to done by the time it fills anyway.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 24, 2013, 07:11:40 pm »

Regular Games

Mcmc can jump me if he wants. I'm decreasing the size of my BM game so that it can start quicker.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 24, 2013, 07:14:43 pm »

I'd be ok with it if ash is.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 24, 2013, 07:16:34 pm »

I'd be ok with it if ash is.

Sure.  I have some ideas.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 24, 2013, 09:35:40 pm »

I have a simple BM idea.  Extremely simple, no actual PRs involved.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 25, 2013, 02:18:48 am »

I have a simple BM idea.  Extremely simple, no actual PRs involved.

Hey, I have two of these ideas...

Also, I'm fine with people jumping me.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 25, 2013, 11:27:40 am »

I would like to sign up for RMM13: Wheel of Time mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.