Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 144003 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #925 on: May 08, 2013, 06:52:24 pm »

What if it was a 16-player game with 8 districts?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 08, 2013, 06:59:40 pm »

What if it was a 16-player game with 8 districts?

so still a 50% chance of dying? Maybe others would like it, but that just doesn't sound fun.

I feel like a cranky old man because I like the regular, old-fashioned mafia games with a couple of tricks to keep things interesting. I don't like the crazy stuff. The crazy roles, the twists deviations from established rules. I know some people do, and we have RMM and BM for that.

But I don't want to come off across like I am saying, "No way! We can't have that stuff as "normal" games." Because I am not trying to say that--and not just in regard to this specific situation, but as a trend I have been seeing over the last little while. Because ultimately if the community as a whole (or at least a majority) feels that these games with these trends should be normal games, then they should be. I just probably won't be playing in them. And that is fine. All I want to do is offer the opinion of one player who thinks we should keep normal games normal.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 08, 2013, 07:01:09 pm »

Eh, don't put it up there. If i find a way to fix it up alittle, I'll say so.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 08, 2013, 07:05:09 pm »

yeah, I prefer ordinary games better too. Though I think that a new mechanic here and there which doesn't completely warp the game is good.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 08, 2013, 07:06:42 pm »

yeah, I prefer ordinary games better too. Though I think that a new mechanic here and there which doesn't completely warp the game is good.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: May 08, 2013, 07:10:27 pm »

that is, little twirks that have the potential to change the game and be analyzed for reads. The core of the game should still be scumhunting and reads and stuff. The game should be determined upon whether town was able to lynch scum or not.

That said, I'm still willing to play in some games that might have crazy night actions and stuff.

@mail-mi: you're talking about the camelot one? but there's only one scum! and it's bastard, so lots of other crazy stuff happens too which changes the outcome of the game.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 08, 2013, 07:11:23 pm »

that is, little twirks that have the potential to change the game and be analyzed for reads. The core of the game should still be scumhunting and reads and stuff. The game should be determined upon whether town was able to lynch scum or not.

That said, I'm still willing to play in some games that might have crazy night actions and stuff.

@mail-mi: you're talking about the camelot one? but there's only one scum! and it's bastard, so lots of other crazy stuff happens too which changes the outcome of the game.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 08, 2013, 07:30:16 pm »

well, I signed up for one... and I also signed up for mean girls and EFHW's game, and running blitz. And then throw in non-mafia forum games...

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 08, 2013, 08:17:24 pm »

I always enjoy whatever game I am playing in I have never continued reading a bastard or rmm game after I died...
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 08, 2013, 08:22:24 pm »

I always enjoy whatever game I am playing in I have never continued reading a bastard or rmm game after I died...

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 08, 2013, 08:22:41 pm »

That's not good, because those are the types of games where you might not stay dead.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 08, 2013, 08:39:22 pm »

Mine too! Not all the awesome roles were inside The Old Chateau.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 08, 2013, 09:02:48 pm »

Have you guys been paying attention to anything lol, I barely have time for the one game I'm in if I /in to anything it will be impulsively re inning in mean girls a game I have been looking forward to for forever.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 09, 2013, 07:46:57 pm »

should I be advertising my game? ZMXIII needs 2-4 more players, depending on if TA and mcmc have time for it can be convinced that blitz mafia is more important than anything else in their life.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 10, 2013, 12:57:26 am »

Okay, waiting to fill:

RMM6 - 6 slots remaining
RMM8 - 7 slots remaining
RMM9 - 7 slots remaining
M25 - 1 slot remaining
ZM13 - 2 slots remaining

Amazingly, I don't think Robz is signed up for any of them.  The world is ending.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 10, 2013, 01:59:00 am »

Okay, waiting to fill:

RMM6 - 6 slots remaining
RMM8 - 7 slots remaining
RMM9 - 7 slots remaining
M25 - 1 slot remaining
ZM13 - 2 slots remaining

Amazingly, I don't think Robz is signed up for any of them.  The world is ending.

I'm signed up for M25 and Blitz! No more RM games for me right now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 10, 2013, 09:59:16 pm »

I need ONE more for Mean Girls as we had an unexpected out. Nothing has been rolled yet but PMs are written and ready to go out. PM me if you're interested!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 10, 2013, 10:02:08 pm »

I need ONE more for Mean Girls as we had an unexpected out. Nothing has been rolled yet but PMs are written and ready to go out. PM me if you're interested!
Twitch twitch I can't but I can't resist... /in

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 10, 2013, 10:03:44 pm »

whew. now you can send me a PM for realz!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 10, 2013, 10:23:42 pm »

Haha, yes, every game I've played in you will still be there!  HAHA!
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: May 10, 2013, 10:42:47 pm »

Well, last game you killed me N1.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 10, 2013, 10:43:28 pm »

Twice ;D
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 10, 2013, 10:44:51 pm »

Twice ;D

If I die N1 I know who's scum!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 13, 2013, 06:10:28 pm »

Okay, waiting to fill:

RMM6 - 6 slots remaining
RMM8 - 7 slots remaining
RMM9 - 7 slots remaining
M25 - 1 slot remaining
ZM13 - 2 slots remaining

I'm signed up for M25 and Blitz! No more RM games for me right now.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 13, 2013, 06:48:54 pm »

I'd also like to sign up for a normal game, it'd be the Fire and Ice setup, i think its cool.

(Pun intended)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.