Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 144025 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #900 on: May 06, 2013, 11:25:18 pm »

I think your MM game was one of the few games that wasn't affected by players dropping out right?

No, I had one person sub out, but it was a pretty smooth transition.

Right... Another time when raerae stepped up big! I should remember that.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:14 pm »

I also think that maybe we should try less hard to convince people to play if they're not sure.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 06, 2013, 11:28:41 pm »

I also think that maybe we should try less hard to convince people to play if they're not sure.

I do agree with this. But I think people just need to learn to say no. I for example refuse to play RMMM games, because I know that I cant' commit to so many games and would prefer to save the games I play for the ones I like.

Saying that you got peer pressured into playing as an explanation for dropping out will never be good enough for me. People have agency. And once they make a choice it is their own and not anyone else's responsibility.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 07, 2013, 12:22:29 am »

Ditto to the above. I want people to play and enjoy my games, but I defintally don't want it to be a burden to them or have them feel like they have to play.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 07, 2013, 09:34:59 am »

I would like to propose a 24-player game of Hunger Games Mafia! It'll be a different style of mafia, pitting district against district
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 07, 2013, 10:47:50 am »

I would like to propose a 24-player game of Hunger Games Mafia! It'll be a different style of mafia, pitting district against district

Make it a 12 player game where everyone plays 2 people from a district. Mechanically, they are 1-shot bulletproof. And since they are all individual teams that can kill, I guess everyone is a SK... ;-)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 07, 2013, 11:52:14 am »

Well, if they all can just kill, play BM1 and BM11.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 07, 2013, 12:18:39 pm »

Well, if they all can just kill, play BM1 and BM11.

That was my joke!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 07, 2013, 03:20:56 pm »

Good luck getting 24 players for a bastard game...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 07, 2013, 03:24:49 pm »

well, wouldn't have to be bastard, I was thinking in the context of BMI and IX.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 07, 2013, 06:57:45 pm »

Had a weird idea for a Hunger Games-themed mega game. 24 players (2 from each district). There could be alliances, backstabbing, etc. Several different people could band together, and then split apart (though the other members won't be too happy about them leaving!)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 07, 2013, 06:59:38 pm »

what if we did the hunger games for this? http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=8078.0 the flavor works better...

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 07, 2013, 07:03:54 pm »

what if we did the hunger games for this? http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=8078.0 the flavor works better...
Done.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 07, 2013, 07:04:43 pm »

Done.
Well... maybe if we get enough players I'll bother to do the research, but I just realized I don't know much about hunger games...
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 07, 2013, 11:43:56 pm »

Had a weird idea for a Hunger Games-themed mega game. 24 players (2 from each district). There could be alliances, backstabbing, etc. Several different people could band together, and then split apart (though the other members won't be too happy about them leaving!)
I was actually going to make it a semi-closed Regular game. Each district gets a certain power. Also, it it would have a night start and every district gets a kill N0 so if you play, odds are you get killed N0.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: May 07, 2013, 11:45:19 pm »

I was actually going to make it a semi-closed Regular game. Each district gets a certain power. Also, it it would have a night start and every district gets a kill N0 so if you play, odds are you get killed N0.

I think it's going to be almost impossible to get 24 players in a game.

Seperately, I'm pretty sure I'm all up-to-date in the OP.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 07, 2013, 11:46:15 pm »

Hm. Well I think that would work. I just think you'd have a hard time getting players for such a large game.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 07, 2013, 11:46:42 pm »

PPE ash: Yep.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 08, 2013, 12:17:27 am »

So as I'm sure you've all noticex, but we've got 3 RMM games just waiting to be filled. My suggestion is that for anyone who wants to play a RMM game should go ahead and /in right now to any and all of the ones that they are interested in. Whichever one fills the quickest starts, and then the next quickest, and then the last one (all starting after the previous one is complete) and if you're in the mood for another crazy game after your last one, you already have a spot in the next one. And if you've had enough madness, you should be able to easily /out.

I'll be doing that now, and I highly suggest others do so as well to help get another game out of signups and into the playing field.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 08, 2013, 01:34:04 pm »

Three spots still available in Mean Girls!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 08, 2013, 06:41:38 pm »

Can I have this listed, plz? It's regular. And my RMM game is actually gonna have to be BM.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 08, 2013, 06:46:43 pm »

Can I have this listed, plz? It's regular. And my RMM game is actually gonna have to be BM.

I don't think we could get a 24 person game going.  And it would be way too large.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 08, 2013, 06:48:20 pm »

yeah. I wouldn't want to play a 24-player game. it would be interesting in theory, but a nightmare in reality.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 08, 2013, 06:48:41 pm »

I don't think we could get a 24 person game going.  And it would be way too large.
It would probably actually round out to about a 15 person game, because there will be 12 Night Kills N0.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 08, 2013, 06:51:17 pm »

It would probably actually round out to about a 15 person game, because there will be 12 Night Kills N0.

still not interested in signing up for a game where there is a 50/50 chance of being nightkilled before the game even starts. Maybe some people would, but... what is the point? Ask Robz and Cuzz about being NK night0 in MXV. I don't think they enjoyed it very much, I know I wouldn't.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.