Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 144007 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #875 on: May 04, 2013, 09:13:38 pm »

Lots of room still available in Mean Girls...just saying :)

Yeah! Who wouldn't want a chance to be Lindsay Lohan?
Is this the peer pressure I've read about?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 04, 2013, 09:26:54 pm »

I missed something just now. scum auto-wins at  2 VS. 1. the scum votes and dead scumbuddy hammers. This makes it so town has only a 28.5% chance with random lynch.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 04, 2013, 09:28:35 pm »

I missed something just now. scum auto-wins at  2 VS. 1. the scum votes and dead scumbuddy hammers. This makes it so town has only a 28.5% chance with random lynch.

Unless more town is around and votes faster.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 04, 2013, 09:29:05 pm »

how would they know who to vote for?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 05, 2013, 07:05:16 pm »

hey, has anyone seen Morgrim around lately? HE could open signups for his game, BMXI is over and BMIX is almost.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 05, 2013, 08:58:00 pm »

I think I'm going to open signups fort game soon, if that's alright.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 05, 2013, 08:58:30 pm »

hey, has anyone seen Morgrim around lately? HE could open signups for his game, BMXI is over and BMIX is almost.
morgrim has been gone for a while.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 05, 2013, 08:59:30 pm »

Actually, I just checked, and morgrim was online a couple days ago. So maybe he'll come back.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 05, 2013, 09:00:09 pm »

similarly, ozle was on a few days ago.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 05, 2013, 11:05:03 pm »

Ozle is alive and well, spamming my facebook feed as much as ever. Just busy with his interesting life, probably!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: May 05, 2013, 11:31:48 pm »

BMXIII: Shadows Over Camelot is open for signups!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 06, 2013, 08:03:31 pm »

Alright, there are only two games ongoing, total.

Let's get an RMM filled, people!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 06, 2013, 08:07:08 pm »

Alright, there are only two games ongoing, total.

Let's get an RMM filled, people!

Scratch that!  ONE game ongoing. 

Shakespeare can start very shortly if it fills.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 06, 2013, 09:39:19 pm »

Ozle is alive and well, spamming my facebook feed as much as ever. Just busy with his interesting life, probably!

We have to ostracize him from future games, though. You can't just disappear in a regular game...

Morgrim, too, this is second time. They were both bastard games so it's less important I guess. But man that sucks.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 06, 2013, 10:12:59 pm »

We have to ostracize him from future games, though. You can't just disappear in a regular game...

Morgrim, too, this is second time. They were both bastard games so it's less important I guess. But man that sucks.

I don't think ostracising is the way to go. I think the likes of he and sparky should have to make an extra explicit commitment to a game to be allowed to play.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 06, 2013, 10:15:44 pm »

So, we are experiencing a lack of players now, right? What to do!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 06, 2013, 10:30:39 pm »

So, we are experiencing a lack of players now, right? What to do!

I suspect after Guilds is released there will be fewer and fewer new forum members, and therefore fewer chances to lure new players in.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 06, 2013, 10:34:19 pm »

I don't think ostracising is the way to go. I think the likes of he and sparky should have to make an extra explicit commitment to a game to be allowed to play.

Well I would require some sort of explanation and/or apology before I played a game with either of them. There's just no excuse for outright disappeareance. You can say "real real sorry, life got crazy, I have to /out," and as long as that didn't become a regular thing I would have zero problem. Disppearing without explanation is a really shitty thing to. I mean it makes me worry about the person in like a non-game sense. It literally takes 2 seconds to clarify you aren't dead.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 06, 2013, 10:37:06 pm »

It gets more and more embarrassing to admit to flaking out as time passes.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 06, 2013, 10:56:53 pm »

I think the mods themselves should be in communication with them and ultimately should have the last say in who plays and who doesn't. If some mods want to restrict their games to players who have a reputation of finishing games and restricting those who drop, I have no problem with that.

I do have a problem with a forum wide ban however. For one it can't be enforced, except by theory and I dont' think he would go there. Second, I am not one to tell mods what they can and can't do. I will have opinions and give them, but certainly am not going to demand anything of them.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 06, 2013, 11:08:06 pm »

Can I get XXXII or something for another Pick Your Poison if this one ends well?  ;D

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 06, 2013, 11:09:09 pm »

I think the mods themselves should be in communication with them and ultimately should have the last say in who plays and who doesn't. If some mods want to restrict their games to players who have a reputation of finishing games and restricting those who drop, I have no problem with that.

I do have a problem with a forum wide ban however. For one it can't be enforced, except by theory and I dont' think he would go there. Second, I am not one to tell mods what they can and can't do. I will have opinions and give them, but certainly am not going to demand anything of them.

Yeah, I meant to be allowed to play by the mod, and not something that should be enforced, just what I think is a reasonable thing for a mod to do.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 06, 2013, 11:09:25 pm »

Can I get XXXII or something for another Pick Your Poison if this one ends well?  ;D

I really like the setup, so I say go for it!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 06, 2013, 11:15:07 pm »

Yeah, I meant to be allowed to play by the mod, and not something that should be enforced, just what I think is a reasonable thing for a mod to do.

Sure. But as a mod that has had to twice replace out players (who have now been shown to trend in that direction) I can attest that it is a pain. It is the worst thing that can happen in a game. I hate it. I hate it because I put a lot of effort into a game and so do the players. And that is ruined when someone drops out. So i am hesitant about risking my time and energy on someone who has a reputation of dropping out of games. I think your MM game was one of the few games that wasn't affected by players dropping out right?

I mean if a player super, super promised that they would commit and not drop out and explained with a good reason why they dropped out previously, I would probably let them play...

Oh... and I should mention that I have a soft spot for players that sub in. They are a Godsend. Seriously. I have major respect for people that sub into games. It is hard to do and is really, really nice to them. That might be a good way for people who have lost some credit to earn some back?

(PS: shout out to raerae and Arch for winning as subbed in scum players in MXXII)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 06, 2013, 11:24:55 pm »

I think your MM game was one of the few games that wasn't affected by players dropping out right?

No, I had one person sub out, but it was a pretty smooth transition.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 16 queries.