Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 144077 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #850 on: April 29, 2013, 11:59:07 pm »

So which of the three RMM games is supposed to start first? We should focus on getting that one filled and up and running rather than having all players split between the three of them... not that we should force anyone to join a game that they don't want to play. I think that is the benefit of having multiple games open at the same time. But I for one am confused which one is in line before the others and encourage people to sign up for that game if they aren't specifically interested in just one game for flavor or setup.
If we follow the number system, asher is next, then me, then Jimmmm. I only posted mine because I knew it was going to replace Disney Mafia, but Jimmmmm can jump ahead if his gets filled. I'm actually not in that big of a hurry to start my game immediatly this time around.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 30, 2013, 02:49:35 am »

So which of the three RMM games is supposed to start first? We should focus on getting that one filled and up and running rather than having all players split between the three of them... not that we should force anyone to join a game that they don't want to play. I think that is the benefit of having multiple games open at the same time. But I for one am confused which one is in line before the others and encourage people to sign up for that game if they aren't specifically interested in just one game for flavor or setup.
If we follow the number system, asher is next, then me, then Jimmmm. I only posted mine because I knew it was going to replace Disney Mafia, but Jimmmmm can jump ahead if his gets filled. I'm actually not in that big of a hurry to start my game immediatly this time around.

If Shakespeare would fill, it'd be great to run that.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 30, 2013, 12:05:14 pm »

Harry Potter is ready to go - I guess it's halfway between RMM and normal - everyone has roles, but some are shared.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 01, 2013, 02:59:19 pm »

It is not an RMM game--its close, but there's too many BM elements that i have to call it BM. It's an RMM game with some BM elements
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 02, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »

I feel weird being in only one normal-ish game - which RMM is starting up soon?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 02, 2013, 04:50:13 pm »

I mean soonest

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 02, 2013, 05:04:41 pm »

It is not an RMM game--its close, but there's too many BM elements that i have to call it BM. It's an RMM game with some BM elements
If you mean HP, it's not bastard at all.  No tricks. Open set up.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 02, 2013, 05:06:19 pm »

he's talking about his game.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 02, 2013, 05:32:48 pm »

I mean soonest

First to fill, I think.  Numerically, Shakespeare (which is shaping up to be awesome).

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 02, 2013, 11:18:46 pm »

If you mean HP, it's not bastard at all.  No tricks. Open set up.

he's talking about his game.

Yep
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 02, 2013, 11:20:50 pm »

I mean soonest

We just gotta get everyone signed up for 1 then that one can start. I'm modding Jimmmmmmms and in Arches (if all the people that tagged that would sign up that would start soon). Prob. won't sign up for ash's.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 03, 2013, 01:27:53 am »

If any of them get to one slot away, sign me up.  I don't know how well that will work, oh well.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 03, 2013, 08:59:01 pm »

I'm dead in all my games!  This is a first, I think.

Looking forward to getting Shakespeare going, I hope.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 03, 2013, 09:31:07 pm »

I'm dead in all my games!  This is a first, I think.

Looking forward to getting Shakespeare going, I hope.
I was gonna recommend signing up for the other RMM games, but you already are.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 04, 2013, 06:13:03 pm »

Blitz game idea: 2 Mafia, 5 Town. Mafia have daychat but no nightkill. Nearly nightless. Dead players cannot post in thread, but at may PM me votes. These votes, however, won't show up in vote counts until that player is lynched.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 04, 2013, 06:17:09 pm »

Night 5 has started in Conspiracy Theories

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43:55 pm »

Blitz game idea: 2 Mafia, 5 Town. Mafia have daychat but no nightkill. Nearly nightless. Dead players cannot post in thread, but at may PM me votes. These votes, however, won't show up in vote counts until that player is lynched.
Town has a 43% chance of winning with random lynch here... and town does way better than random lynch.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 04, 2013, 08:28:31 pm »

Town has a 43% chance of winning with random lynch here... and town does way better than random lynch.
Actually that feels quite balanced to me. The best blitz format evarrr is such that town has 50% with random lynching (ashersky's setup).

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 04, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »

Actually that feels quite balanced to me. The best blitz format evarrr is such that town has 50% with random lynching (ashersky's setup).
It should work, but after looking back at it from phone posting, I see how terrible my grammar was. :P

5 Town, 2 Mafia. Mafia have daychat and no factional kill. Everyone is essentially a Restless Spirit that can vote for the rest of the game during the day by PMing me votes. I won't show these votes in Vote Counts, but when someone is lynched I'll add on and italicize any Ghost Votes that were on a player and by whom. There is no Dead Player QT, so Dead Townies can't coordinate their votes, but if a Mafioso dies they may be able to follow the demands of their scumbuddies in their QT. Townies will have to use their best judgement.

I think it should work. Haven't analyzed all the possible situations, but the general idea seems sound. Will run it (after liopoil's and asher's) if people are interested.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 04, 2013, 08:47:09 pm »

It should work, but after looking back at it from phone posting, I see how terrible my grammar was. :P

5 Town, 2 Mafia. Mafia have daychat and no factional kill. Everyone is essentially a Restless Spirit that can vote for the rest of the game during the day by PMing me votes. I won't show these votes in Vote Counts, but when someone is lynched I'll add on and italicize any Ghost Votes that were on a player and by whom. There is no Dead Player QT, so Dead Townies can't coordinate their votes, but if a Mafioso dies they may be able to follow the demands of their scumbuddies in their QT. Townies will have to use their best judgement.

I think it should work. Haven't analyzed all the possible situations, but the general idea seems sound. Will run it (after liopoil's and asher's) if people are interested.

Boils down to this:

D2 everyone is Hated
D3 everyone is Double Hated

At least, that's how it will play.  Also, Lylo sucks for town.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: May 04, 2013, 08:49:53 pm »

Boils down to this:

D2 everyone is Hated
D3 everyone is Double Hated

At least, that's how it will play.  Also, Lylo sucks for town.
Hm.

Maybe instead of constantly being able to switch votes, when a player dies they choose 1 player to be Hated for the rest of the game?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 04, 2013, 08:51:11 pm »

hey, has anyone seen Morgrim around lately? HE could open sign ups for his game, both other BM games are basically over.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 04, 2013, 09:07:59 pm »

Lots of room still available in Mean Girls...just saying :)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 04, 2013, 09:10:46 pm »

Yeah! Who wouldn't want a chance to be Lindsay Lohan?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 04, 2013, 09:13:18 pm »

Yeah! Who wouldn't want a chance to be Lindsay Lohan?

Oh my goodness!  You never fail to make me giggle.

But, yeah, seriously, that's a role.  Coke-Addicted Plastic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.