Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: MMMMMMMM II - Revenge of the Ozle (Needs 1 player)  (Read 9654 times)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
MMMMMMMM II - Revenge of the Ozle (Needs 1 player)
« on: October 25, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »

His castle was in ruins, and his province was in open revolt, but Ozle was not daunted. Luckily he had hired that body double at the last minute; he knew that FTL guy wasn’t to be trusted!

However, he now faced several problems. Firstly he was supposed to be dead which caused all sorts of legal problems when he tried to apply for a mortgage on a new house as his castle had been destroyed by lightning. Secondly a lot of his business plans had been taken over by rival corporations and Mafia scum and so he was on the wrong side of the poverty line.  And finally, his crazy Uncle was out and about causing all sorts of mayhem.

What he needed to do was to pull himself together, get himself back in with the town and rebuild his reputation and fortune. But this was Ozle....

Instead, what he did was buy a treasure map off a local adventurer (who was much more liked than the previous incumbent Yuma) and assemble the greatest crew of explorers known to Anachronisms and set sail across the handy local uncharted sea in search of gold and adventure.....but mainly gold.....well, only gold if he was honest
A quick trip through time in his suspiciously familiar looking blue time machine quickly brought together (Bill and Ted Style) some of the greatest explorers, adventurers, fighters ever seen. There were also some others who hitched along for the ride that Ozle thought could come in handy in his plans to rebuild the empire.

So off they set on the good ship, The Ozle-Treader, across the wide uncharted seas. Actually it probably was charted, but Ozle was using the new Apple Maps so it actually looked like they were sailing across Oland. To say the trip was long and arduous would be a lie, the Ozle-Treader was a luxury ship and everybody was wined and dined to a high standard.

After 10 days of easy going waters, no sea monsters or whirlpools, and no strange unexplained killings (Ozle had locked himself in the cabin for most of the trip) the ship arrived at their destination...The Isla de Muerta. However it appears Disney had got their first, so they set sail for another 10 days and arrived at the Isla de Not-Quite-So-Muerta.

Ozle had a rousing speech planned to make sure that everybody did things his way, but by the time he had got through the first paragraph he noticed that everybody had jumped ship and was running for the islands cave network without him! Why did he hire such a bunch of cu.....t-throats.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:40:27 am by Ozle »
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

Roles and Abilities

I am a sneaky bastard, but there is no Mod lies in this game.
While there is a lot to do in this game, this is not pure role madness. There may be Vanilla Townies, but that doesn't mean they have nothing to do!

Every Player will receive the following Information in their role PM

Character Name:
Character flavour:
Flavour Role:
Items Currently Owned:
Secondary Win Condition:
Primary Win Condition:
Mafia Role:

You may quote any part of your role PM, with the exception of the timestamps and either Win condition. You may NOT talk about your win condition at all, even hinting about it will get you penalised.

Mafia players can request an alternative character to use in a claim if they feel they cannot duplicate my writing style.

Everybody has the standard Win Condition (with alignment) as well as a separate secondary Win condition.

Mafia roles are NOT connected by Character flavour, this will be aligned randomly

There are No Jesters, Alignment switch, cults, millers and absolutely definitely no Warewolves or spelling mistakes.

Possible Characters Include:
Allan Quartermain
Cornelius Vanderbilt
Ethan Hunt
Jack Reacher
Chief Sitting Bull
Gordon Gecko
Artemis Fowl
Howard Carter
Robert Langdon
Mata Hari
xXx
No. 6
Hiawatha
Benjamin Gates
Danny Ocean
Indiana Jones
Nathan Drake
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
James bond
Lara Croft
Lord Lucan
Pocahontus
JD Rockafella
Sacagawea
Jimmy Hoffa
Simon Templar
Thomas Crown
Thomas Ripley

Possible Roles and Modifiers NOT included
Insane, Cult, Miller, False, Insane, Crazy overpowered Stuff, Werewolves (ahahahah, just like last time!), Post Restriction, Lightning Rod, Tree Stumps, Jester, Bus Driver.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:27:21 am by Ozle »

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

THE BORING GAME RULES BIT

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. 
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to all moderators by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines).  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  I will accept your first submission only
4. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
5. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
8. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.
9. This game will have "bankable deadlines."  See http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bankable_deadline.  The rules for calculating deadlines are as follows:
- All Days are guaranteed to be at least three days and at most twenty-one days long.
- Day 1 is set to last for twenty-one days.
- Day 2 and each subsequent day will last for:
--- three days, PLUS
--- all unused days left over at the end of the previous Day;
--- up to a maximum of twenty-one days.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
6 Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

MODS
I will be Modding, Archetype will be assisting with Night Actions and Vote Counts.
Blue, Red and Green texts are reserved for Mods

All night actions should be submitted to both of us.
Requests for Vote can be directed to either of us
Any questions about the game format or your roles should just come to me unless otherwise stated (Because I know how sneaky you lot are)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:50:54 am by Ozle »

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

Players Signed Up:

1 Galzria
2 Insomniax
3 Robz889
4 Eevee
5 McMcMc
6 Qvist
7 Yuma
8 Cuzzx
9 Ashersky
10 Jimmmm
11 Shraye
12 Joth
13 Grujah

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:20:44 am by Ozle »

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

This is NOT your usual Mafia game folks.

If you have any doubts about this, go check out the Murder Mystery Mafia I posted before, this one is slightly different.

Of course there will be a murder as always (you are a violent lot),but there will also be a second game within the game, which, like the murder mystery, is independant of main game, and can be solvedor not solved dependant on your whims.

There will also be random events (well not random to me, but to you, and not strictly random as there area finite number of different events they can be) that can help or hinder your progress.

Hopefully it should be fun, and like a story within a game!

There are 26 player slots open, but its intended for 14, but can be revised upwards if needed.

I will confirm to scum players a role each that is not in the game and write them some flavour for it if needed.

Character Names are independent of Role Alignment of course.

As oppose to seemingly ever other game that says it is newbie friendly, this one isn't (although i dont agree that most of the others are or not). I have no idea if its balanced or not really, but who cares if its fun enough. That's not to say newbies shouldn't apply, I hope my track record in games speaks for itself, and I will gladly help you along if needed, and I am pretty sure everyone will be up to it.

There will be lots of flavour in this game, and random events, there are a couple of things you will need to look out for that may be important in game, but not many.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:11:27 am by Ozle »

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

Signup you guys! This game is going to be AWESOME!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

Righty, who is up for a trip on the good ship Ozle?
I took all the before 'ins' out by accident, but then the list may have changed by then anyway!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

HOW AM I NOT LISTED YET
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Oh wait woah I totally think I signed up for this before, but I am very unsure that I'll have time for it now. :-\
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: MMMMMMMM II - A series of Anachronistic events, OR, Revenge of the Ozle
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 12:30:36 pm »

Oh wait woah I totally think I signed up for this before, but I am very unsure that I'll have time for it now. :-\

Your not missing an Ozle game. Your /in
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 12:30:42 pm »

Dont think you did, you said roughly the same thing if I remember...

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 12:31:01 pm »

Your not missing an Ozle game. Your /in

True, they are a rarity, one every 6 months+ at this rate! haha

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 12:31:16 pm »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 12:31:26 pm »

Roles and Abilities

I am a sneaky bastard...

There are No Jesters, Alignment switch, cults, millers and absolutely definitely no Warewolves or spelling mistakes.

bwahahaha

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 12:32:01 pm »

Roles and Abilities

I am a sneaky bastard...

bwahahaha

*wink*

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 12:32:43 pm »

Eevee wants in.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 12:33:08 pm »

Eevee wants in.

What Eevee wants, Eevee gets

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 12:36:58 pm »

Players Signed Up:

Galzria
Insomniax
Robz889
Eevee

Ahem.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 12:37:39 pm »

Yeah, i spelt Insomniax's name wrong, I like it better like that, sounds more 'street' (Are the kids still calling it that?)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 12:38:25 pm »

Yeah, i spelt Insomniax's name wrong, I like it better like that, sounds more 'street' (Are the kids still calling it that?)

+1

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 12:41:02 pm »

So... um... I think the ATH got too hard for me. Hope your boys are coming along with it! (HA! Thread Derailed!)

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 12:42:52 pm »

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »

So... um... I think the ATH got too hard for me. Hope your boys are coming along with it! (HA! Thread Derailed!)

Finished, found it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 12:48:18 pm »

Just awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 15 queries.