Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18  All

Author Topic: Bastard Mafia VI: Where the Roles are Made Up and the Votes Don't Matter  (Read 40699 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Mafia VI: Where the Roles are Made Up and the Votes Don't Matter
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2012, 11:43:26 pm »

Funny, I just today downloaded the first season of whose line is it anyway. Didn't even know that's where the joke came from! If it even did. Had a giggle either way.

Anyone opposing a Glooble lynch? There are bastard games queued up, we should maybe try to make some progress here.

This might be the worst justification for lynching someone I've ever seen.
It was a justification for rushing, not for lynching. Another justification could be "nothing seems to happen unless we take action".

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2012, 11:57:15 pm »

Funny, I just today downloaded the first season of whose line is it anyway. Didn't even know that's where the joke came from! If it even did. Had a giggle either way.

Anyone opposing a Glooble lynch? There are bastard games queued up, we should maybe try to make some progress here.

This might be the worst justification for lynching someone I've ever seen.
It was a justification for rushing, not for lynching. Another justification could be "nothing seems to happen unless we take action".

Action it is! (quick reread....) Vote: Eevee. The call for hammer D1, the weird "cayvie Glooble to die" comment, the insistence that we play this bastard game seriously. These are a few of my favorite reasons for voting Eevee.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2012, 12:09:20 am »

The first thing you list I can understand, if you think scum would play that bold. I disagree about it, but I can understand you thinking I'd wifom it like that. How on earth are the other two you mention good reasons for voting for me? Or reasons at all for that matter, to me they both seem like towny / neutral actions.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2012, 12:15:59 am »

The first thing you list I can understand, if you think scum would play that bold. I disagree about it, but I can understand you thinking I'd wifom it like that. How on earth are the other two you mention good reasons for voting for me? Or reasons at all for that matter, to me they both seem like towny / neutral actions.

Well of course it's mostly the first reason. The second thing was mostly just bizarre and I'm not sure what to make of it exactly, but it's weird behavior which is more than I have on anyone else at the moment. The third is half a joke (since I'm still not really taking this game seriously myself) and half the fact that maybe you want a game in which you have a juicy scum role to be taken seriously by everyone else.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2012, 12:32:31 am »

Well of course it's mostly the first reason. The second thing was mostly just bizarre and I'm not sure what to make of it exactly, but it's weird behavior which is more than I have on anyone else at the moment. The third is half a joke (since I'm still not really taking this game seriously myself) and half the fact that maybe you want a game in which you have a juicy scum role to be taken seriously by everyone else.
Well, I disagree with you on the first issue. To my great joy this forum has pretty much stopped lynching people for mistakes or not mistakes that "look weird". In my experience, weird behavior is almost always (Ozle in the beginning of VI is the ONLY counterexample I can think of, and an argument for being sort of weird being normal for him can be made). What am I getting at is, I think scum wants to AVOID the spotlight, not cry for it by asking for anyone to hammer someone they know to be town.

Bizarre behavior (I don't even think it was bizarre) is obviously then a nogood reason too in my opinion. What's so bizarre about it anyways, I listed the two people that gave me the weirdest vibe / felt worst on a gut level, just worded it sort of poorly. I word stuff poorly all the time, I  announce my gut-based suspicions (that are never correct) all the time.

If I had an awesome scum role, I would (as explained in the first chapter of this post) probably just lay low which pretty much ensures staying alive in bastard games because everyone plays so terrible. I've explained my reasons for wanting a normalish game (my role doesn't suggest we couldn't play normal, and I find that more enjoyable), at least cayvie agreed with me.

I'm unsure whether I think pushing terrible cases makes Cuzz look scummy to me or not. On the other hand, it feels he tried to make his case against me seem stronger than it actually is and when I called him out on it, he couldn't quite explain the reasons for the vote. On the other hand, unless they are both scum with Glooble, I don't see why he would "risk himself" like that by derailing a lynch that looked like was going to land on a townie anyways (and actually, he might not do that even if he was scum with Glooble, because the townside is so huge and scum tends to be scared of making big moves because they are too paranoid of getting caught - at least robz and galzria have written about this, it was a long time ago though). So meh, noread/slight town read on Cuzz from this. I find his case against me a typical townie mistake that people often mistake for mafia behavior.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2012, 12:49:40 am »

It would not surprise me if Eevee were mafia, mainly because he's trying harder than everybody else. But like he says, scum can just say nothing and probably live here, everybody is lurking, we know scum generally lurk, so let's kill a superscum lurker: Glooble.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2012, 01:15:22 am »

It would not surprise me if Eevee were mafia, mainly because he's trying harder than everybody else.

Yeah, this is basically the vibe I'm getting. Lots of WIFOM to be had there though. I also really disagree with Eevee's claim that scum would just be laying low. People have really been pushing LaL lately, and I think the days of lurking being a viable scum strategy are ending. WIFOM in that direction too, though...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2012, 01:29:34 am »

Idk, Cuzz, you are voting for me. Me, the guy who "could flip mafia and it wouldn't surprise you", despite there being gazillions of lurkers. What, I should just also not try at all, that's the direction you want me to go to?

Although, I'm actually second-guessing myself now, I don't think scum-Glooble / scum-anyone would lurk THIS excessively. Probably more like "posting enough not to be the worst lurker but still not saying anything". Hey, that's cayvie.

I guess I should be flattered you think I could fake posts like these as scum, but it's very frustrating how I can say "scum can just skate through lurking and the active guys will be killed", you all say "no way we are past that!" and then do just that!? Hint: if we were past that, maybe we would have lynched a lurker once.

Nah, I actually think scum is more likely to lurk a little less than Glooble is here, but since heh as forgotten about this game if he is town, I still support that lynch. I don't think our odds of finding scum are great either way given the circumstances (not taking any positions and lurking all you want is acceptable and we don't even know if there is any mafia, could be just 4 serial killers who kill on odd / even nights or whatever, it's a bastard game).

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2012, 05:50:25 am »

I've just been really busy actually. I keep ending up not going home for 48 hours at a time with no warning.

We lynched a lurker in MXI and ended up catching a huge scum power role. But I agree that in the absence of better info, we should generally lynch lurkers.

However, I am a bad lynch in this particular game.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2012, 05:58:32 am »

Guys, really, what are we doing?

Vote: Robz.  "Active" enough to not be lurking, but not really contributing, directing lynches. 

Town reads on Eevee and Glooble.

Neutral for now on Cuzz.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2012, 10:04:56 am »

Vote: Robz.  "Active" enough to not be lurking, but not really contributing, directing lynches. 

Dude, this describes every single person in this game.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2012, 12:21:19 pm »

Dude, this describes every single person in this game.

Not everyone. Frisk is by no means active enough to be not lurking. Vote: Captain_Frisk.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2012, 06:36:17 pm »

Vote: ashersky

"Town reads?"  Really?  Based on what?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2012, 06:38:02 pm »

"Town reads?"  Really?  Based on what?

Vote: Voltgloss

Based on a lack of questioning me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2012, 06:41:16 pm »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2012, 06:59:32 pm »

Vote Count

ashersky(2): Voltgloss, Robz
Glooble(1): Eevee
Robz(1): ashersky
Captain_Frisk(1): Cuzz
Voltgloss(1): ashersky
not voting (2): Glooble, cayvie

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2012, 07:10:32 pm »

unvote

How about folks actually provide analysis/reads/etc.?  I tried, but got shot down and voted for it.

Eevee and Cuzz at least have had something to say, which makes them at least pro-town in that they are playing.

Robz and Voltgloss have just one-line phoned it in, which is at least anti-town in the scummy lurking style.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2012, 08:19:43 pm »

sorry, haven't been on the forums/internets at all. this might not change until tomorrow. cayvie or glooble was just a feeling thing. cayvie I targeted you last night, did anything happen to your knowledge?

nope, nothing
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2012, 08:50:43 pm »

unvote

How about folks actually provide analysis/reads/etc.?  I tried, but got shot down and voted for it.

Eevee and Cuzz at least have had something to say, which makes them at least pro-town in that they are playing.

Robz and Voltgloss have just one-line phoned it in, which is at least anti-town in the scummy lurking style.

Oh really? Oh really, ashersky? Guess what, last time I did a post count, I was still ahead of YOU, 25 to 19. I know I'm not the top contributor--NO ONE except Eevee is contributing much--but you're not doing anything more than I am.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2012, 09:02:25 pm »

unvote

Oh really? Oh really, ashersky? Guess what, last time I did a post count, I was still ahead of YOU, 25 to 19. I know I'm not the top contributor--NO ONE except Eevee is contributing much--but you're not doing anything more than I am.

Yes really.  I said you had one-liners, which your inflated post count would support.

At least we agree Eevee was contributing.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 30, 2012, 11:13:11 am »

Being serious about constributions in a bastard mod game is a scumtell.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 30, 2012, 01:53:10 pm »

okay, i think we just need to start saying things. conversation is so dead that people are turning on anyone who's saying anything at all.

part of that is that day 1 was so damn short. how many scum do people think were on the wagon?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 30, 2012, 01:54:39 pm »

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 30, 2012, 01:57:32 pm »

Vote Count

ashersky(3): Voltgloss, Robz, Captain_Frisk
Glooble(1): Eevee
Captain_Frisk(1): Cuzz
not voting (3): Glooble, cayvie, ashersky

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

DEADLINE IS IN 1 HOUR

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 30, 2012, 01:58:03 pm »

Just kidding, there's still no deadline.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 15 queries.