Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 233807 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

hey Eevee, when you voted Archetype it was for something both Archetype and ashersky were doing, wasn't it? Why did you pick Archetype?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

hey Eevee, when you voted Archetype it was for something both Archetype and ashersky were doing, wasn't it? Why did you pick Archetype?
Ashersky already had a wagon, one that I could join later if I so desired. People had already noticed the things in his behavior I wanted to vote him for. Archetype had no votes on him, and I thoughy if I just quote his post and FoS him over it, people wouldn't realize how scummy I thought it was. Basically, it feels stupid to make a case against someone without voting, because then it looks like even I don't believe in the case. Here is the posts that I voted archetype over:

Archetype should post more.

I know :( I've been pretty busy.

Starting to get some better reads on people.

Dsell is seeming very townish to me as well as Galz.

Slightly supsicious of ftl, Insomniac, and Eevee
Neutral reads on everyone else.

I also really haven't put a vote on anyone, so I'll go with a Vote: ftl for now. Probably will change once things start heating up.
The last sentence sounds like he is preparing himself for the heat he might be getting for his (possible) future opportunistic voting. Feels like he wants to go on a record with his suspicions there because he heard that's the towny thing to do, but also wants keep the back door open so that he can contribute to any lynch he wants in the end. I seem to be the only one who interprets the post like that though, which is surprising to me.

It's worth noting I have 3 votes on me now, which makes me the largest wagon (shared with ashersky). Two of those votes are from ashersky and archetype, and came after I heavily suspected (and voted for) them and urged others to consider the case. Dsell's vote I don't really have a problem with, he seems to think he has a case (even though he seems to be falling to the trap so many others have before, blaming me for playing exactly like I always play).

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

It's worth noting I have 3 votes on me now, which makes me the largest wagon (shared with ashersky).

Don't forget me! I'm also in that club.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

It's worth noting I have 3 votes on me now, which makes me the largest wagon (shared with ashersky).

My mistake, indeed you are.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

This day 1 is really dragging on. How long til deadline?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Answer to my own question: 5 days.

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

How do you feel about things, Joth? I have no idea.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

How do you feel about things, Joth? I have no idea.

I was gonna ask the same question. You're the second-scummiest person I see but you've given your thoughts pretty much about just one person: ashersky. For a case that I think is pretty outdated.

Not saying you have to write a huge post listing your reads, but something else must have stuck out to you in this game.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Let's lynch this jokester.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

I'd love to hear more from you Robz.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

I'm just overwhelmed by all the games I'm in, TBH. And by this one on particular. I think several characters around are scummy, and most of them have votes on their heads. I don't like the Eevee wagon; I have a town read on him.

I really don't like the idea that a case can become outdated. Think about the implications of that - that if someone does or says something scummy all they have to do is wait until someone else attracts attention and our votes will move to them.

I stand by my case on ashersky. He came out of the gate taking cheap shots at easy targets and has laid pretty low since then. He's still my top lynch. He hasn't done anything since to change my mind.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

I'm just overwhelmed by all the games I'm in, TBH. And by this one on particular. I think several characters around are scummy, and most of them have votes on their heads. I don't like the Eevee wagon; I have a town read on him.

I really don't like the idea that a case can become outdated. Think about the implications of that - that if someone does or says something scummy all they have to do is wait until someone else attracts attention and our votes will move to them.

I stand by my case on ashersky. He came out of the gate taking cheap shots at easy targets and has laid pretty low since then. He's still my top lynch. He hasn't done anything since to change my mind.

I can switch to ashersky. Vote: ashersky

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile

I'm starting to gett a suspicion of Robz. He did read town to me before, and he still does... Kinda... The thing is. He is that he's way to good to be doing all sorts of scumminess as scum, and if it were someone else, I would definately park my vote on him. But he is flaunting his scummy behaviour so much it cannot be possible for him to be scum. Or could it? Part of me is starting to suspect that this Robz is scum Robz trying to see how far he can go as scum while being super scummy. But then, I think he is too good a player to actually make that into an experiment. So I'm not really sure where I stand on him anymore. He ought to be town, but at the same time, it's actually not unlikely that he is scum. Or possibly a Jester, trying hard to get lynched.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

I'm in much the same boat. I'm just completely overworked right now, and keeping track of these games (even though it's only 2 for me!) is driving me nuts. I keep reading things people say and not remembering if they're coming from a scum-read or town read. >.>

I'll need to reread Ashersky, but outside of Robz, my biggest suspect is probably Jorbles... his joking nature - medium post count type play reminds me of what Robz called out in Eevee in M-III. The problem I'm having is that Robz also is calling out Jorbles, and I found Robz to be doing the exact same things earlier in this game. So to vote Jorbles I need to set aside my scum vibe from Robz. I'm torn.

PPE: And now I see that Robz has switched to Ashersky as well. I really am not sure what to think. Watno and Arche continue to be null-reads for me, so I'm not sure what to make of them. Dsell and Eevee could be scum, but I keep mixing up my reads on Dsell from M-XI here, and Eevee has only been scum once - and that was long ago. I don't know that I could catch him as scum D1 since he's SO OFTEN scummy, yet almost always town.

Joth, you yourself have said and done some things this game that read like you're just trying to fit in and not draw attention (ie. be present, but don't stand out) - but I guess I could be accused of the same, so meh. Can't really count it as a hard scum tell since it's so abundant.

I really need to dedicate time to sit down and actually re-read fully - but work's a redacted right now. So much "blah" in this game, I'm just struggling to get a handle.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile

You generally seem like a theory guy - is it a good idea to lynch a serial killer on day 1 - even if he full claimed? I don't know for sure, but I think I lean toward not.

I haven't done the math, but my gut tells me it's better to lynch SK day 1 if he doesn't claim. If he does he's more like a 1-shot vig that will soak up a mafia NK or he doesn't shoot (depending on who's side he want's to win more), so if he claims, he should probably not be lynched. But then again, I haven't really done the math, but even without it. Exposing a SK wouldn't really be bad, would it?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

I'm fine with an ashersky lynch or Jorbles lynch. I think Jorbles' joking nature is scummy. However, joking is a LOT less scummy to me in a role madness or bastard game. As people have noted, I was being really joking too. I think joking is really only scummy for the newer people, because it comes more naturally than serious analysis, but anyway, ashersky is fine, maybe better. I'll trust Jo's read for now, if he thinks it's good, since I don't have particular reason to suspect him and I respect his opinions.

I am loathe to lynch Eevee this round, unless I was overwhelmingly convinced he were scum. I do start to feel bad for people who always die first.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

I'm starting to gett a suspicion of Robz. He did read town to me before, and he still does... Kinda... The thing is. He is that he's way to good to be doing all sorts of scumminess as scum, and if it were someone else, I would definately park my vote on him. But he is flaunting his scummy behaviour so much it cannot be possible for him to be scum. Or could it? Part of me is starting to suspect that this Robz is scum Robz trying to see how far he can go as scum while being super scummy. But then, I think he is too good a player to actually make that into an experiment. So I'm not really sure where I stand on him anymore. He ought to be town, but at the same time, it's actually not unlikely that he is scum. Or possibly a Jester, trying hard to get lynched.

Sorry. You're basically right. I try to switch up how I act from game to game, and I try to be a little scummy on purpose. It's not to flaunt how awesome I am, it's because I'm good target for scum kill, unless the scum think that other people suspect me.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Are these recent ashersky votes based on the same case that I voted Shareye for?

@Lekkit - I don't think there are jesters in this setup?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Galz I think you should hop on over to the Jorbles train, it's pretty nice here, we have smores in the front car
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile

@C_F: Neither do I, but thinking that there couldn't possibly be would be pretty bad, IMO.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

I enjoy smores!  Why am I being left out? 

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

@Lekkit, i thought for sure this would be in the intro post... but nope.  You are correct, there very well could be a jester... FOS: RobZ

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

I enjoy smores!  Why am I being left out?

None are left out but I haven't seen you mention a desire to get on the jorbles train.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

This case is that he is refusing to flavor claim?  I'm having a hard time faulting him for that.

I went along with it in murder mystery mafia (as town), and in the other games (as scum), but I've never really viewed it as hands town pro-town.

Inevitably, if everyone else goes for it, you're bullied into it anyway, and it doesn't seem like we're there yet.

Do we have an up to date votecount?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

@C_F: Neither do I, but thinking that there couldn't possibly be would be pretty bad, IMO.

Not really. The common thought regarding Jesters is that they're a Bastard Role, and you can't ever play to their existence unless you KNOW they are involved. Basically, if there is an unknown Jester, and that person wins, /shrug - blame the Mod. Not much you could do.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 15 queries.