Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18  All

Author Topic: ZM1: Forum Semi-Blitz Mafia 1 - GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!  (Read 45456 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: ZM1: Forum Semi-Blitz Mafia 1 - Day 1 - Spectator QT Available PM for link
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2012, 09:26:24 pm »

Regarding Galzria's and ashersky's spat, I agree with ashersky by the way. But don't think Galzria's point of view is necessarily scummy either.

M-II would like a word with you. I put 0 credibility in long analytical posts.
M-VII would like a word with you. I think scum often stays back and enjoys the show.

Look, no one said "our way" is a bulletproof way to find scum. I just think writing big analytical posts can be a scary task for mafia, because they have to watch carefully to not give themselves away. Depends on the person, a lot.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:19 pm »

Regarding Galzria's and ashersky's spat, I agree with ashersky by the way. But don't think Galzria's point of view is necessarily scummy either.

M-VII would like a word with you. I think scum often stays back and enjoys the show.

Look, no one said "our way" is a bulletproof way to find scum. I just think writing big analytical posts can be a scary task for mafia, because they have to watch carefully to not give themselves away. Depends on the person, a lot.

Oh, don't reverse what I'm saying! Town often DO write big long analytical posts. I'm not saying that doing so is a scumtell. It's just really quite easy for scum to do so as well. However, rapid-fire high post count - even when short - are much, much harder for scum top fake genuinely for long periods of time without slipping. Thus my statement "quantity is often more of a towntell than quality". Not "quality is scummy"
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2012, 09:45:08 pm »

I'm going to bed.  My vote is where I want it to stay.  Have fun all.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZM1: Forum Semi-Blitz Mafia 1 - Pregame Phase
« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2012, 09:45:42 pm »

Vote Count: Day 1-3
Robz (1) - Grujah
Eevee (2) - SwitchedFromStarcraft, ashersky
SwitchedFromStarcraft(1) - Voltaire
Grujah (1) - Eevee
Not Voting(4) - Galzria, jotheonah, Yuma, Robz

With 9 Alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: SEPTEMBER 10th MIDNIGHT FORUM TIME (Forum is EDT) (9PM PDT)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2012, 09:46:52 pm »

Oh, don't reverse what I'm saying! Town often DO write big long analytical posts. I'm not saying that doing so is a scumtell. It's just really quite easy for scum to do so as well. However, rapid-fire high post count - even when short - are much, much harder for scum top fake genuinely for long periods of time without slipping. Thus my statement "quantity is often more of a towntell than quality". Not "quality is scummy"
I understand now, seems reasonable!
It's not always the analysis I find towny in longer posts. More like general reactions to things and emotions they convey.

But I guess our views are mostly results of our personal experiences and what we've seen to be true in earlier games. Galzria, money where your mouth is and vote for someone maybe? We have 2 hours and only us two online it seems. :/

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »

About 2 hours and 10 minutes remain!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2012, 09:50:36 pm »

It's not always the analysis I find towny in longer posts. More like general reactions to things and emotions they convey.

But I guess our views are mostly results of our personal experiences and what we've seen to be true in earlier games. Galzria, money where your mouth is and vote for someone maybe? We have 2 hours and only us two online it seems. :/

Pushy pushy! Well, I hate to vote for people who might not be around to defend themselves, but right now it's Robz or Grujah to me (maybe Yuma? Hmm), but I'll see if this gets anywhere: Vote: Grujah

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: ZM1: Forum Semi-Blitz Mafia 1 - Day 1 Underway!
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2012, 09:50:47 pm »

If all the posts stay this short, I'm gonna like this game.

Wait, why? That is BAD for town! Are you scum?

It's still afternoon here, gonna grab a beer, a Cool Jelen one or something I find around.. Anyone joining?

Apropos to our current conversation...Sfs likes short posts, Grujah finds them bad for town...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2012, 09:54:22 pm »

Hi friends.

So ok, for weeks and weeks while I was signed up for this game I had all the time and internet access in the world!

But then, just as it started, I went to Boston to visit Glooble right as he moved into a new apartment and moving the Internet became problematic, so I have been just ducking into cafes all day.

I don't love any of these wagons. I think this game is gonna be kind of frustrating.

Vote: Grujah. I agree he's acti-lurking, he's been more combative than I'm used to from him. He's not a terrific lynch, but I think he's the least bad lynch.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2012, 09:54:40 pm »

Yuma lynch I can get behind, we are getting some town yuma meta slowly, and he isn't that lurky then. Although yeah, I can't blame him for not making any analysis in this game yet, obviously.
Actually, yuma is lurker scum extroardinaire and he's been a bit lurky. I think if we hit deadline without a lead we should lynch him.

I have now been town more than mafia in completed games. If you look back you can see me at work as town (MIX, BMMMI and RMMM1). And I will say that in the more recent games I have tried to assert myself more into the games, MIII and MV was more about me being new and nervous (especially as mafia in both of my first two games)
Wow, that must have been an initiation.  I don't know how in the hell I would manage to play as Mafia.

Does the bolded part feel a bit forced?  Noticed it the first time around, now in my re-read it sticks out.  Seems like a cry for help.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2012, 09:58:33 pm »

Yuma lynch I can get behind, we are getting some town yuma meta slowly, and he isn't that lurky then. Although yeah, I can't blame him for not making any analysis in this game yet, obviously.
Actually, yuma is lurker scum extroardinaire and he's been a bit lurky. I think if we hit deadline without a lead we should lynch him.

I have now been town more than mafia in completed games. If you look back you can see me at work as town (MIX, BMMMI and RMMM1). And I will say that in the more recent games I have tried to assert myself more into the games, MIII and MV was more about me being new and nervous (especially as mafia in both of my first two games)
Wow, that must have been an initiation.  I don't know how in the hell I would manage to play as Mafia.

Does the bolded part feel a bit forced?  Noticed it the first time around, now in my re-read it sticks out.  Seems like a cry for help.

Why make such a statement here if you're scum instead of in your scum QT?

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2012, 09:59:16 pm »

Mmm, maybe? Good catch, it does look weird.

@Galzria
When you said it was either you, Grujah or Robz, I was actually the only one with the two votes, SfS's even confirmed to stay on me until the end of the day. Did you just forget to mention me, or what was that about?

Btw, I'm just realizing these deadlines are always going to be 7am for me. Don't shoot me if I'm not around for every one of them.. I will tonight though.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2012, 09:59:41 pm »

On Grujah:

His last posts came around 6:00 p.m. forum, only to chime in that majority lynch happens without requisite numbers.

Before that, from noonish until 2:00 p.m.-ish Grujah voted robz for the random idea, asked about the setup, back and forthed with Jo on whether to be serious or not, then changed his mind on Robz and said his rolefishing was townish.

Haven't heard from him sense.  I suppose a Grujah lynch is better than a no lynch.  Let's see who else shows up.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2012, 10:01:21 pm »

Why make such a statement here if you're scum instead of in your scum QT?
To gain town cred? Nonchalantly mentioning how you are town in every other sentence is a pretty scum strategy I would think? (Sort of "well townies say stuff like this so I've got to do it as well to look towny" mentality but then overdoing it.)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2012, 10:05:06 pm »

I will NOT be around for deadline. Actually I need to leave now.

Since I was ok with a random lynch, I'm ok with a Grujah lynch. If Gru gets on and claims in the next two hours, though, I don't want him to be lynched because I can't move my vote.  I think the best move is to Unvote and let the town who will be on at midnight handle the lynch. I hate to do that, but it seems like the most responsible course of action given what I have to deal with. Best of luck.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2012, 10:05:32 pm »

Mmm, maybe? Good catch, it does look weird.

@Galzria
When you said it was either you, Grujah or Robz, I was actually the only one with the two votes, SfS's even confirmed to stay on me until the end of the day. Did you just forget to mention me, or what was that about?

Btw, I'm just realizing these deadlines are always going to be 7am for me. Don't shoot me if I'm not around for every one of them.. I will tonight though.

Are you referring to #181? I wasn't talking about who had votes currently or anything, but the two people I found myself most willing to vote for (Robz/Grujah). I mentioned Yuma as a possible distant 3rd.

Mafia Record:

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2012, 10:10:52 pm »

sorry all, I got tied up in RL and will have to return to it shortly.

I will review and vote and then be gone...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2012, 10:14:42 pm »

Sorry, misunderstood. Makes sense now.

I doubt Grujah is coming back here before the deadline because it's 5am or something now for him as well. He was quite aggressive at the start of the day, maybe a power role Grujah would have chosen a safer route. I like my vote where it is, would also be ok with SfS, yuma or jotheonah.

By the way, blitz mafia is indeed rather different. I think we've made some okay progress today though, this didn't wind up being super slow or anything like that. At the very least we'll have a wagon to analyze tomorrow.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2012, 10:20:16 pm »

Vote: Grujah

It looks like the most likely lynch at this point, and I think the wishy-washy nature of his reaction to Robz in the middle of the day is enough of a smidgen of something to work with on D1, at least as much as my reasoning for voting Eevee before.

I agree that Blitz plays very differently, but D1 felt like a good intro.  I look forward to faster, hectic days to come!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22:21 pm »

I'd like to hear from Robz soon.  I saw he's on the forums at this moment, at any rate.  Anything to add?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22:52 pm »

I'd like to hear from Robz soon.  I saw he's on the forums at this moment, at any rate.  Anything to add?

Nope.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2012, 10:25:15 pm »

Nope.

:o

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2012, 10:32:22 pm »

Thoughts, is Grujah starting to look too popular of a target to actually be scum?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2012, 10:34:14 pm »

On Grujah:

His last posts came around 6:00 p.m. forum, only to chime in that majority lynch happens without requisite numbers.

Before that, from noonish until 2:00 p.m.-ish Grujah voted robz for the random idea, asked about the setup, back and forthed with Jo on whether to be serious or not, then changed his mind on Robz and said his rolefishing was townish.

Haven't heard from him sense.  I suppose a Grujah lynch is better than a no lynch.  Let's see who else shows up.

I didn't change my mind on Robz there. Random vote is bad, and he knows it, that's why my vote was left on him. I just said it's more likely that that post about JK is genuine than not.

Biggest FoS right now on jo for oportunity-wagoning. Also, this:

Vote: Grujah. I agree he's acti-lurking, he's been more combative than I'm used to from him.

SO you pretty much re-read all the games we were in, and get used to what I am, cause you had no recollection of them or my meta earlier this day?

Also, for going for this "crazy jo or normal jo quest" - it's just too fake. I know it is a thing as I met one in MIV and I think MVI was serious jo ("agenda" question is a provocation mostly), but still, fakish.

Heck,
Vote: jotheonah

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2012, 10:35:20 pm »

Pushy pushy! Well, I hate to vote for people who might not be around to defend themselves, but right now it's Robz or Grujah to me (maybe Yuma? Hmm), but I'll see if this gets anywhere: Vote: Grujah

If Galz is scum this probably stinks of Robz being his buddy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.