Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318887 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 10
« Reply #4050 on: December 10, 2012, 11:43:28 pm »

MVP?
I would nominate Cuzz.  I think that guy made me see the light on ftl.  Also, his description finding was really really uncannily good.  Always picking up new descriptions.  Cleared me and ash very early.  Cuzz really really helped. If he can't get MVP, at least give him mad props.

Also, cayvie, sorry for making you squirm at the end.  I was 95% sure at the opening of the day that lynching ftl was right.  I just wanted to hear you talk for a bit.

With all due respect, I disagree. Cuzz didn't tell us much we didn't know. He got me lynched. He did prevent one of [you, ashersky] from getting lynched, but if not for your thread-locking business, it's likely the other would have gotten lynched.

He revealed his info as if he had mod-confirmed information that people were town when in fact he received descriptions that he could only speculate to whom they belonged and that did not indicate (with certainty) anyone's alignment. Yet he acted like he did.

He took forever to paraphrase the descriptions he had when it should have taken him five or ten minutes to do so.

Sorry, rant over, Cuzz. I was just so certain that you were scum. I still kind of am.

This is pretty spot on, although I recognize he was doing things as her thought would be beneficial to the town. It's just that, unfortunately, they weren't. I went rail at him too much here, since I know he's read the spec QT, but yes, he seriously misplayed. Hey, it happens. Learn from it and move on. We all do things poorly sometimes.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS
« Reply #4051 on: December 10, 2012, 11:44:36 pm »

My phone is throwing an 'r' onto the end of 'he' alot recently. Cuzz, I'm NOT calling you a girl. PINL.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: December 10, 2012, 11:52:21 pm »

overall, i can't fault you for anything, robz.

but this game was just too big for me. i never got a handle on it. i stopped having fun like 5 gamedays ago and this final day was just gutwrenching torture for me. i think the reason scum were allowed to lurk so much is that, well, lurking just kind of seemed like the sane thing to do.

Hey, that's no problem. I think it was too big. I could tell you were legitimately upset, and it's supposed to be fun.

I kind of diagree that lurking was the sane thing to do. Grujah lurked and was lynched, Captain_Frisk lruked and was lynched, O-Watno-Theorel lurked to a large extent were lynched. Morgrim lurked and was lynched (wrongly). And then instead of killing the last lurker, the town went in every other direction. I don't think ftl's lurking was tactical; he is legitimately over mafia, I think. The timing of that was unfortunate and a tad annoying, but again, this is just for fun.

I don't ask the entire scum team if they wanted to resign at one point, and they each said no individually.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: December 10, 2012, 11:54:25 pm »

I should give a big shout out to shraeye for getting it right in the end. I think it's clear from his message to me that he had picked out ftl, even before Cayvie started really going after the guy for his non-posting.

Also, thanks a lot to Voltgloss for helping out! It was great to bounce my thoughts off of him.

Also, thank you to the various replacements who filled in. I thought sparky did a very a solid job in his role. O and Theorel were placed into very difficult spots, so I thank them for doing their best.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: December 11, 2012, 12:49:29 am »

Hard to believe I subbed in during the very first day, and the game lasted twelve days. It was a wild ride, the whole game was a mystery to be solved, and I'm glad that I essentially solved it when I was killed. (And I went backwards with my theories in the speccy thread. xD ) Even though some of the theories about the cards established over the course of the game by me were totally bogus, it was still a fun ride, the whole game was extremely well-crafted, and I'm glad to have been a part of this game (depsite my terrible play at times)  :)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: December 11, 2012, 01:00:30 am »

Naw, I'm still a fan of Cuzz.

Thanks, I appreciate this. I could try to explain/defend myself regarding a few of the many criticisms of my play, but the game is over and honestly YoungNick and Galz are right for the most part.

My feelings about this game are basically what cayvie said:

but this game was just too big for me. i never got a handle on it. i stopped having fun like 5 gamedays ago and this final day was just gutwrenching torture for me. i think the reason scum were allowed to lurk so much is that, well, lurking just kind of seemed like the sane thing to do.

Of course I'm glad we won though. And many thanks to Robz for designing the game and for modding. I'm sure it wasn't always easy but he handled everything like a pro.

I just won't be playing another 24 person game any time soon.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: December 11, 2012, 01:45:55 am »

Sorry yuma. We had a lot of mislynches towards the end but yours was really the worst. I don't know why I was so sure you were scum but I think it had to do more with the fact that no one else could possibly be scum. Anyway, that's probably my biggest regret of this very up-and-down game.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: December 11, 2012, 01:49:06 am »

There's some funny stuff in the Mafia QT about attempting to kill me, and if it's even possible or if I'll just have perma-doctor status. And the comment about "by 'aim for Galz tomorrow' I mean NK him, not try to get him lynched. That's hopeless." had me laughing quite hard. I wish my obvtowniness had scared them into not trying to NK me a little longer.

Boo!

Mafia Record:

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: December 11, 2012, 03:25:36 am »

Also, town win was secured when I was NKed and therefore not around for Lylo, where of course Shraeye would have lynched me for the town loss.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: December 11, 2012, 03:27:33 am »

Also, town win was secured when I was NKed and therefore not around for Lylo, where of course Shraeye would have lynched me for the town loss.
Haha, I did remain suspicious of you up until the end.  I would hope that your hypothetical would be untrue, but given my suspicion of you and your amazing ability to get lynched in lylo, maybe it would have happened :)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: December 11, 2012, 03:32:03 am »

Haha, I did remain suspicious of you up until the end.  I would hope that your hypothetical would be untrue, but given my suspicion of you and your amazing ability to get lynched in lylo, maybe it would have happened :)

Both of us confirmed VTs so early did seem too good to be true.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: December 11, 2012, 04:44:45 am »

Too bad town isn't a team, so I guess only shraeye and cayvie won for surviving.

I think town was insanely strong with all the info rules and guessing right how to interpret stuff, it came down to having to find the one town in a group of 7 or so to win the game.

Thx for modding, Robz.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: December 11, 2012, 05:22:00 am »

Too bad town isn't a team, so I guess only shraeye and cayvie won for surviving.

Huh?  Town is a team (just, a team whose members don't know each other at the outset), and all town players won this game, dead or not.  Don't need to survive to win.  (unless you're SK or Survivor)

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: December 11, 2012, 07:21:40 am »

I think watno's comment is because the town lynched him for being part of a team.

I'm glad my first win didn't come from a game that I tried to replace out of after replacing into.  Someday, I'm going to win a game though, some day...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: December 11, 2012, 09:24:52 am »

Hey, that's no problem. I think it was too big. I could tell you were legitimately upset, and it's supposed to be fun.

I kind of diagree that lurking was the sane thing to do. Grujah lurked and was lynched, Captain_Frisk lruked and was lynched, O-Watno-Theorel lurked to a large extent were lynched. Morgrim lurked and was lynched (wrongly). And then instead of killing the last lurker, the town went in every other direction. I don't think ftl's lurking was tactical; he is legitimately over mafia, I think. The timing of that was unfortunate and a tad annoying, but again, this is just for fun.

I don't ask the entire scum team if they wanted to resign at one point, and they each said no individually.

I'd like to point out that my lurking was in no way a strategic decision. 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: December 11, 2012, 10:08:34 am »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: December 11, 2012, 10:48:04 am »

I think town was insanely strong with all the info rules and guessing right how to interpret stuff, it came down to having to find the one town in a group of 7 or so to win the game.

Thx for modding, Robz.

again that wasn't the scummiest part of your description, the scummy part was that you had no role... so either VT or Goon. We already knew quite a few VTs that had stepped forward. Remember that I also gave you the wine to begin with because I had a scum read on you from behavior... So there was that to consider as well. Outing you was my favorite part of this game.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: December 11, 2012, 10:49:23 am »

FWIW, Robz made clear in the modnotes QT that he never expected the "team" reference to make Watno's description sound scummy.  So in some sense, Watno was the right lynch for the "wrong" reasons. 

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: December 11, 2012, 10:53:03 am »

FWIW, Robz made clear in the modnotes QT that he never expected the "team" reference to make Watno's description sound scummy.  So in some sense, Watno was the right lynch for the "wrong" reasons.
He didn't expect != He didn't do
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: December 11, 2012, 11:25:25 am »

and as a candidate for MVP (I am honored, really to be held up with such lofty names as eHal and Galz) I fully support eHal. Best use of VT is how I would describe it to suggest a forum awards category.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: December 11, 2012, 11:04:56 pm »

We won. And you lynched me. And I was town. AGAIN.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: December 11, 2012, 11:05:47 pm »

;D It's because we all fear a scum Morgrim.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: December 11, 2012, 11:08:06 pm »

We may never see scum Morgrim. :'(
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: December 11, 2012, 11:09:29 pm »

maybe ill play one after the holidays blow over...dont have much time now. Got on cause i had to check on my current games.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: December 11, 2012, 11:12:36 pm »

maybe ill play one after the holidays blow over...dont have much time now. Got on cause i had to check on my current games.

If I promise you scum in my game will you play it?*

* - May not be able to actually promise anything.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 16 queries.