Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 320953 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 2
« Reply #1900 on: October 08, 2012, 05:16:33 pm »

MIV shows an example where lynching a serial killer results in town death.

The game setup in another game that's running now hints that the addition of a serial killer actually weakens mafia.

I'm not sure that lynching SK is bad, but its far from the "slam dunk do it all the time you idiots"

I'm also not sure that its QED that he's a serial killer, but I'm still voting him.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: October 08, 2012, 05:18:50 pm »

L-2. An Axxle vote hammers.

@Shraeye

I've turned that over in my head the last three irl days as a possibility given his actions this game. It's quite certainly possible with his role-claim.

No, he's L4. Dsell unvoted and shraeye was already voting for him.

Sorry, missed the unvote and didn't realize Shraeye was already voting. But actually, Unvote for a moment until we decide what we want to do.

I'm leery of switching to Ashersky, who has been incredibly, incredibly scummy - but in a "town-freaking-out" kind of way. I'll need to start reexamining some other people.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 08, 2012, 05:19:06 pm »

I should clarify: a SK is a bad lynch in endgame situations where the SK is the only thing keeping the mafia from beating the town, it can also be a bad lynch earlier because SK often attempts to target the mafia, which is the primary threat to his existence. If you have known mafia vs. known SK, the SK is almost always going to be a worse lynch.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 08, 2012, 05:26:29 pm »

shraeye #1887 --

No, un-NK-able scum is not overpowered.  Unlynchable would be.  And that's assuming there isn't anyone with strongman modifier.

Not OP for town either, because he hasn't explained what happens when targeting VT or already-working town PR.  Every target a cop makes helps town too, dude.

That's no QED at all.

Dsell #1890 --

If he's not Mafia, Mafia can leave him alone and let us have that wine.  I think it's more likely that this is all just BS.

I don't think the claim is good at all.  It feels like one lie that snowballed into more and more lies.  Do people actually think it is believable?  I really don't.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- ROLES SENT
« Reply #1904 on: October 08, 2012, 05:30:01 pm »

Vote Count 2.8

ashersky (4) -- Cuzz, watno, TheMunch, sparky5856
TheMunch (6) -- eHalcyon, ftl, yuma, jotheonah, Captain_Frisk, shraeye
Dsell (1) -- Morgrim7
Galzria (1) -- ashersky
ehunt (1) -- cayvie

Not Voting (8 ) -- Insomniac, Young Nick, O, Axxle, theorel, ehunt, Dsell, Galzria

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is Sunday, October 15, at 10:00 PM (EDT).
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: October 08, 2012, 05:32:21 pm »

shraeye #1887 --

No, un-NK-able scum is not overpowered.  Unlynchable would be.  And that's assuming there isn't anyone with strongman modifier.

Not OP for town either, because he hasn't explained what happens when targeting VT or already-working town PR.  Every target a cop makes helps town too, dude.

That's no QED at all.

Dsell #1890 --

If he's not Mafia, Mafia can leave him alone and let us have that wine.  I think it's more likely that this is all just BS.

I don't think the claim is good at all.  It feels like one lie that snowballed into more and more lies.  Do people actually think it is believable?  I really don't.

I think it's decent. It's something that doesn't make sense for scum to have, and does make sense in a game this size with lots of various roles (especially when we've already seen, in eevee's case, that some roles are "weaker" than usual). And the way it was revealed piecemeal doesn't suggest that he's lying unless he actually DID slip up in the alignment vs. role thing and I inadvertently helped him get it right.

But even more than that it just seems like it's something that's provable. But maybe you're right that the mafia aren't so afraid of him that they'll take out the town's juiciest target. I don't know. If shraeye is right then they have serious incentive to kill him, and maybe the possibility that he's the SK is enough for them to take that risk. I'm not sure, I'm not sure.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: October 08, 2012, 05:32:38 pm »

I do not believe Munch's claim is true. There are so mayn inconsistencies there: Item becomes passive ability (despite it being active), "I get a bonus based on aligment" becomes "I get a bonus if it's scum, or they get one depending on their role if town", the bonus eHalc supposedly ot depends on his role, but later its a "strong" modifier for everyone. Plus it's not on the list of possible roles Robz provided.
That's just too much for me to believe this claim. it might be based on something true, but I'm pretty sure Munch is lying here.

I really don't see scum killing him if we leave him alive. I don't think Dsell's suggestion to leave him alive works.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 08, 2012, 05:37:59 pm »

Apparently, unlynchable SKs would not be overpowered, because DSell would have us believe that nobody wants to lynch SK anyway, and that we should leave it for nightactions.  I'm not gonna let Munch be unlynchable at all.  He's patently SK.

Vote: TheMunch

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: October 08, 2012, 05:38:39 pm »

Munch, you're online, what is your role name?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 08, 2012, 05:39:08 pm »

I do not believe Munch's claim is true. There are so mayn inconsistencies there: Item becomes passive ability (despite it being active), "I get a bonus based on aligment" becomes "I get a bonus if it's scum, or they get one depending on their role if town", the bonus eHalc supposedly ot depends on his role, but later its a "strong" modifier for everyone. Plus it's not on the list of possible roles Robz provided.
That's just too much for me to believe this claim. it might be based on something true, but I'm pretty sure Munch is lying here.

I really don't see scum killing him if we leave him alive. I don't think Dsell's suggestion to leave him alive works.

Item "becoming" passive was just me misremembering.  It is a bonus if I'm town.  The effect based on allignment is true; something happens if they are scum and something different happens if they are town.  The specific outcome of the ability does depend on the specific role.  I dont know what is inconsistent.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: October 08, 2012, 05:40:31 pm »

Shraeye, it's not that nobody wants to lynch the SK, it's that he is so far from "provably" the SK. And when it's that far from being a sure thing, it can be tough to distinguish the SK from town.

Especially because his scummy play makes sense as mafia, but does not really make sense as SK.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: October 08, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

Item "becoming" passive was just me misremembering.  It is a bonus if I'm town.  The effect based on allignment is true; something happens if they are scum and something different happens if they are town.  The specific outcome of the ability does depend on the specific role.  I dont know what is inconsistent.

Role name?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 08, 2012, 05:43:29 pm »

Role name?

It doesn't have a name.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: October 08, 2012, 05:44:20 pm »

This is a summation of the biggest hangup I have over not lynching him today. SO many inconsistencies and an ever changing story. It's not just minor things either that changed over the span of 30 posts... It was the core nature (item vs ability), to what it actually is (passive vs active), to how it activates (alignment vs role)... Really, he made it clear he was all set to claim in his "If I was targeted for death, eHal must be scum" post... But then everything that followed was piece by inconsistent piece.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: October 08, 2012, 05:44:38 pm »

There is nothing in your PM that says something along the lines of "Role: xyz" at all?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: October 08, 2012, 05:44:53 pm »

Shraeye, it's not that nobody wants to lynch the SK, it's that he is so far from "provably" the SK. And when it's that far from being a sure thing, it can be tough to distinguish the SK from town.

Especially because his scummy play makes sense as mafia, but does not really make sense as SK.

That's because everybody keeps listening to eHalcyon's line that he's repeated ad infinitum about Munch defending Grujah.  Munch did not do this; I've said this multiple times.  Yet I still find him scummy.  Read my posts (they were in the pg 70-72 range I think) as to why he's scummy regardless of the Grujah defense/nondefense issue. 

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: October 08, 2012, 05:46:23 pm »

I'm curious what a strong double voter does...

Role name?

It doesn't have a name.
All roles have a name.
Role: This is the name that best matches whatever abilities you may possess. Since sources may differ on what exactly a given role does, and I may have made tweaks, please be sure to consult your Description and Abilities sections to make sure that your Role actually does what you think it does.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: October 08, 2012, 05:46:57 pm »

This is a summation of the biggest hangup I have over not lynching him today. SO many inconsistencies and an ever changing story. It's not just minor things either that changed over the span of 30 posts... It was the core nature (item vs ability), to what it actually is (passive vs active), to how it activates (alignment vs role)... Really, he made it clear he was all set to claim in his "If I was targeted for death, eHal must be scum" post... But then everything that followed was piece by inconsistent piece.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: October 08, 2012, 05:47:05 pm »

It is true, I'd forgotten about him calling it an item and other such things, I am currently getting more suspicious by the minute.

@Shraeye, you are wrong, Munch did defend grujah, albeit subtly. You're just wrong. I did it too! And I'm a townie. It doesn't necessarily make him scum in and of itself but he did steer the town away from a grujah lynch.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: October 08, 2012, 05:47:53 pm »

Munch, if you're claiming that your role has no name, Vote: TheMunch.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: October 08, 2012, 05:47:59 pm »

yeah.... i fully endorse a TheMunch lynch at this point.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: October 08, 2012, 05:48:28 pm »

TheMunch: can you reclaim in one post? Currently your claim seems to be spread out in several posts, it's a confusing enough claim as it is.

Sure.

Under my active ability I get to "copy" someone.
Under my passive ability there is a different outcome based on whether that person is town/scum.  If they are scum, I am protected from dying.  If they are town, I give them the "strong" modifier in a sense.  All of their night actions will succeed and any false, anti town outcome (such as Eevee's semi-naive cop) will provide the correct response. 

PPE: If they dont need fixing then nothing happens.  It is just IF it would fail or give incorrect information, it succeeds or gives correct information.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: October 08, 2012, 05:48:58 pm »

Munch, if you're claiming that your role has no name, Vote: TheMunch.

The ability doesn't have a name.  I'm VT.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: October 08, 2012, 05:49:20 pm »

Role name?

It doesn't have a name.
All roles have a name.
Role: This is the name that best matches whatever abilities you may possess. Since sources may differ on what exactly a given role does, and I may have made tweaks, please be sure to consult your Description and Abilities sections to make sure that your Role actually does what you think it does.

ReVote: TheMunch

I'm sorry, it's just too munch to be credible to me.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: October 08, 2012, 05:49:41 pm »

VTs don't have abilities....

So either you're lying or Robz is trolling us hardcore.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.