Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318907 times)

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 2
« Reply #1875 on: October 08, 2012, 04:51:44 pm »

Went back and checked for a name.  Apparently its not an item.  Its a "passive ability".

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: October 08, 2012, 04:52:46 pm »

It happens if you are town.  Obv the outcome is different if you are getting role/blocked or not, and what your role is etc.

So if they're scum, the outcome is always the same for you, but if they're town, the outcome affects them and varies based on their role?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: October 08, 2012, 04:53:57 pm »

It happens if you are town.  Obv the outcome is different if you are getting role/blocked or not, and what your role is etc.

So if they're scum, the outcome is always the same for you, but if they're town, the outcome affects them and varies based on their role?

Correct.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: October 08, 2012, 04:54:33 pm »

Went back and checked for a name.  Apparently its not an item.  Its a "passive ability".

How is it a passive ability if you target someone with it?

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: October 08, 2012, 04:55:27 pm »

The roleclaim is at the same time too fantastic to be false and too poorly explained to be true.

I'm leaning toward this being a scum-role that TheMunch is attempting to spin as a town-role. That could also explain why he used to think it was an item but just now noticed that it's a passive ability (maybe the item has a name that makes it obviously mafia-associated).

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: October 08, 2012, 04:56:03 pm »

Correct.

But its always the same in the sense that: your role will work and wont return false results etc etc.

PPE: The "copy" part is listed as part of my "active ability".  The effects of the "copy" are listed as a "passive ability"

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: October 08, 2012, 04:56:49 pm »

The roleclaim is at the same time too fantastic to be false and too poorly explained to be true.

I'm leaning toward this being a scum-role that TheMunch is attempting to spin as a town-role. That could also explain why he used to think it was an item but just now noticed that it's a passive ability (maybe the item has a name that makes it obviously mafia-associated).

If I have a word in quotes it means I'm using the wording in Robz PM.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: October 08, 2012, 05:00:07 pm »

TheMunch: can you reclaim in one post? Currently your claim seems to be spread out in several posts, it's a confusing enough claim as it is.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: October 08, 2012, 05:00:39 pm »

You all thought you could get rid of me so easily...

I am prohibited from saying anything about my previous role, which is fine because there isn't much to say.

Ello der.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 08, 2012, 05:00:59 pm »

He hasn't really fullclaimed if I understand this correctly - because he's not at L-1.  He's been leaking information piecemeal.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: October 08, 2012, 05:03:06 pm »

Correct.

But its always the same in the sense that: your role will work and wont return false results etc etc.

PPE: The "copy" part is listed as part of my "active ability".  The effects of the "copy" are listed as a "passive ability"

OK so now you have an active ability to "copy" people.

If you "copy" scum, you gain a "passive ability", which is really a bulletproof modifier for yourself.

If you "copy" town then you "fix" their ability?  What if their ability doesn't need fixing?  What if they don't even have an ability?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: October 08, 2012, 05:03:35 pm »

This is weird.

Ok, here's my thinking, but Munch, do not do this until others agree that it's a good idea.

I think Munch should full claim, active and passive roles. If it seems fabricated, we lynch him, and he's either scum or scummy-as-all-get-out town (Munch, if you are town, you MUST realize that you have played an extremely scummy game). If the claim is believable, well obviously we shouldn't lynch him. That gives the mafia a chance to take out a power role and it also sort of gives them a chance to frame Munch by not killing him, but by doing that they are allowing him to survive longer. Heck, he might even self-doctor, in which case his power is a bit like an investigative.

Then we'll see where to go from there. Another unlikely-to-work plan: We leave Munch alive but have him tell us who he's going to "copy." If he dies tonight and is town, we'll have a confirmed townie. If Munch survives and there's one less kill (or a vig admits to shooting him or something), we'll have found town.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: October 08, 2012, 05:03:53 pm »

Holy shit, i figured it out.  Munch is SK.

Here's why.  I'm assuming he's telling the complete truth on his claim.  This is a ridiculous power to give any scum.  Simply target your scummate, and boom, you're not killable.  Ok, that's ridiculously overpowered.

It's also crazy overpowered if you're town.  Simply target anyone and you are either strengthening their town power to make it work better, or gaining NK protection for yourself.  Either way it's awesome for your faction.  This becomes a really uninteresting and powerful power, where every choice helps town regardless.

But give credit to Robz.  He built an exciting game.  This is a complete SK power.  Manage to find scum and you're safe for the evening, huzzah!  So this incentivizes scumhunting.  Accidently target a town power, and you make them even stronger and better able to stop you.  Now he's actually faced with interesting choices and how strong his power is depends on how he uses it.

QED.  Munch is a Serial Killer.

Guys, vote vote vote vote.

Vote: TheMunch

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: October 08, 2012, 05:04:32 pm »

TheMunch: can you reclaim in one post? Currently your claim seems to be spread out in several posts, it's a confusing enough claim as it is.

Sure.

Under my active ability I get to "copy" someone.
Under my passive ability there is a different outcome based on whether that person is town/scum.  If they are scum, I am protected from dying.  If they are town, I give them the "strong" modifier in a sense.  All of their night actions will succeed and any false, anti town outcome (such as Eevee's semi-naive cop) will provide the correct response. 

PPE: If they dont need fixing then nothing happens.  It is just IF it would fail or give incorrect information, it succeeds or gives correct information.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: October 08, 2012, 05:09:06 pm »

L-2. An Axxle vote hammers.

@Shraeye

I've turned that over in my head the last three irl days as a possibility given his actions this game. It's quite certainly possible with his role-claim.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: October 08, 2012, 05:10:56 pm »

If he's SK mafia will kill him. If he's a PR mafia will probably kill him. That's unavoidable at this point since he's claimed.

He can tell us who he'll target every night to at least give us some info to work from.

I don't think he's a good lynch at this point.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »

If he's SK mafia will kill him. If he's a PR mafia will probably kill him. That's unavoidable at this point since he's claimed.

He can tell us who he'll target every night to at least give us some info to work from.

Id be fine telling you guys.  Tonight, if I survive, I will copy Ashersky for fear of my life, and I honestly think he is scum.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:57 pm »

L-2. An Axxle vote hammers.

@Shraeye

I've turned that over in my head the last three irl days as a possibility given his actions this game. It's quite certainly possible with his role-claim.

No, he's L4. Dsell unvoted and shraeye was already voting for him.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 08, 2012, 05:13:13 pm »

Id be fine telling you guys.  Tonight, if I survive, I will copy Ashersky for fear of my life, edit: as I honestly think he is scum.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: October 08, 2012, 05:13:24 pm »

NO QUICKHAMMERS PLEASE.

If he's mafia, things are admittedly a little tricky. However, that's not a mafia role, period. Either that's a fakeclaim or he's town or SK. If it's a fakeclaim it's a pretty good one.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: October 08, 2012, 05:13:50 pm »

Derp, my warning against quickhammers is negated by the fact that he's at L-4.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 08, 2012, 05:13:59 pm »

His ability does fit with a 25 person game in which RobZ is tailoring our roles to our meta.  If he gives us all a bunch of shit roles that we need to juice up, that kindof makes sense.

Of course, the way munch has claimed here is super bad - piecemeal, and even then not copy pasting, but paraphrasing which makes me think he has something to hide.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: October 08, 2012, 05:14:14 pm »

If he targets scum, he doesn't die and gets his NK.  I'm 100% convinced he's a SK, and that would mean that tonight we have one less town-death.  I don't understand why a known SK would ever be a bad lynch.  FoS: DSell.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 08, 2012, 05:14:49 pm »

His ability does fit with a 25 person game in which RobZ is tailoring our roles to our meta.  If he gives us all a bunch of shit roles that we need to juice up, that kindof makes sense.

Of course, the way munch has claimed here is super bad - piecemeal, and even then not copy pasting, but paraphrasing which makes me think he has something to hide.

I was only going so fast cause I was afraid I was going to die.  I just wanted to get the information out there.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 08, 2012, 05:16:25 pm »

If he targets scum, he doesn't die and gets his NK.  I'm 100% convinced he's a SK, and that would mean that tonight we have one less town-death.  I don't understand why a known SK would ever be a bad lynch.  FoS: DSell.

A known SK is often a bad lynch. And he's not a known SK, though there is some plausibility to that.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.