Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318842 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1425 on: September 25, 2012, 05:14:47 pm »

Still, I'm a fallout lynch and seems hard to believe that you guys don't have anyone better.

you guys = not part of the town = scumslip ?

I really doubt it.

I don't know how to feel about Grujah.  His excuse is plausible.

He has been gone... yes... but when he has been around his excuse was "I was lazy" and "I just didn't add anything" That isn't good enough. He has been on, and had time to add something. He admitted as such. It isn't like he has been completely gone with absolutely no access. He has had access, limited access, and as such should have put forth a limited effort. He didn't. He didn't post for 4 days!!! This excuse isn't good enough.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1426 on: September 25, 2012, 05:15:47 pm »

Vote: Morgrim

he IS acting a bit odd, and I don't think he's scum, but I think he's more likely scum than Grujah at this point.

Odd in what way?

he's actually participating MORE than usual, but with just as little content.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: September 25, 2012, 05:16:27 pm »

Still, I'm a fallout lynch and seems hard to believe that you guys don't have anyone better.

Hi there, "we townies". Mostly my post before yours, and "you guys" as I wasn't really active participant and most of this developed without me.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 25, 2012, 05:18:14 pm »

I really doubt it.

He has been gone... yes... but when he has been around his excuse was "I was lazy" and "I just didn't add anything" That isn't good enough. He has been on, and had time to add something. He admitted as such. It isn't like he has been completely gone with absolutely no access. He has had access, limited access, and as such should have put forth a limited effort. He didn't. He didn't post for 4 days!!! This excuse isn't good enough.

Mleh, you here are attacking Grujah as person, not Grujah as player of Mafia XI.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 25, 2012, 05:19:27 pm »

I really doubt it.

Mleh, you here are attacking Grujah as person, not Grujah as player of Mafia XI.

That was not my intent. I apologize if I offended.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 25, 2012, 05:21:32 pm »

Vote: Morgrim

he IS acting a bit odd, and I don't think he's scum, but I think he's more likely scum than Grujah at this point.

Odd in what way?

he's actually participating MORE than usual, but with just as little content.

I don't think it's all that odd, for Morgrim.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 25, 2012, 05:22:13 pm »

Hmm.. vote: Glooble again, as I got no better.

Yuma is strangly mad at me for being inactive, but now it seems a sincere town mad more than faked scum mad, esp with this second to last post.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 25, 2012, 05:26:03 pm »

Yuma is strangly mad at me for being inactive, but now it seems a sincere town mad more than faked scum mad, esp with this second to last post.

Read over recent events and give an opinion on them, please.  You're here now -- you can contribute something.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 25, 2012, 05:31:13 pm »

eHalcyon, I VERY strongly disagree with you on Morgrim. It's exactly the opposite, if he is scum, he'll surely let us know eventually. The only time he was mafia, he claimed a rolecop when he meant cop.. He is an ok vig target but a terrible cop target, also not a good lynch for today (this is just my read.)

Grujah's defence doesn't read genuine to me. Vote: Grujah

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: September 25, 2012, 05:33:04 pm »

Read over recent events and give an opinion on them, please.  You're here now -- you can contribute something.

I agree with this. We still have a little time, he's not our only option. I'm not sure Grujah is a great lynch today, guys.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 25, 2012, 05:34:26 pm »

eHalcyon, I VERY strongly disagree with you on Morgrim. It's exactly the opposite, if he is scum, he'll surely let us know eventually. The only time he was mafia, he claimed a rolecop when he meant cop.. He is an ok vig target but a terrible cop target, also not a good lynch for today (this is just my read.)

That was in a true bastard game, and the mistake is easy to fix: just never claim.  Morgrim's MO is such that it's very easy to follow, whether scum or townie.  Despite his play style, I know Morgrim is a smart guy.  I think he plays as he does because he has fun in the games but doesn't have time to put serious effort.  And that's fine.  But he's a smart guy and I think scum Morgrim can very easily keep up the appearance of Town Morgrim.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 25, 2012, 05:48:16 pm »

That was in a true bastard game, and the mistake is easy to fix: just never claim.  Morgrim's MO is such that it's very easy to follow, whether scum or townie.  Despite his play style, I know Morgrim is a smart guy.  I think he plays as he does because he has fun in the games but doesn't have time to put serious effort.  And that's fine.  But he's a smart guy and I think scum Morgrim can very easily keep up the appearance of Town Morgrim.
I do not agree, but obviously this isn't something I can prove to you by evidence so agree to disagree again. But really, you think spotting ScumGrin would be harder than ScumSomeoneelse? It's not like ANYONE of us just gives themselves away when mafia.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 25, 2012, 06:57:37 pm »

Guys, don't lynch Morgrim. He's not even a good vig target IMO. If he's scum, he'll slip in some new way. Reread his last few posts and tell me that doesn't sound exactly like town Morgrim.  Well, town-morgrim with a when-lynched ability, because Robz knew this day would come in this game when we lynch Morgrim for no good reason playing like Morgrim. I feel like a broken record, defending Morgrim in like every game. But it's always the same.

Grujah as a lurker lynch is better than Morgrim as a Morgrim lynch.

I'd also be willing to lynch anyone on the current morgrim wagon. Especially joth, because he should know better, he's had so many games with Morg now.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 25, 2012, 06:59:46 pm »

Guys, don't lynch Morgrim. He's not even a good vig target IMO. If he's scum, he'll slip in some new way. Reread his last few posts and tell me that doesn't sound exactly like town Morgrim.

(I don't want to go after Morg at all, but..)
And tell me how scum-morgrim looks like? (cuz we never saw one cept in BMIV which was completely nuts and nobody knew anything).

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 25, 2012, 07:12:52 pm »

No idea, we haven't seen scumMorg yet. But Morgrim has never been subtle in any of these games. When he's scum, we'll know.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: September 25, 2012, 07:43:00 pm »

yuma, how can you go on Grujah like that when there are so many people who are not adding too much to the game. Unless you think this is just unusual for Grujah. If you're supporting a lynch-all-lurkers meta, please, go for someone else like me, Glooble, or ibgtennis.

Hopefully significant analysis coming tonight. I know, I know.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: September 25, 2012, 07:55:44 pm »

Can I ask a question of the group?

Is it possible that, in a game this size, with the unknown plethora of roles, that a no lynch may in fact be helpful?

Here's my thinking: we've all complained to some degree about the size of this thing, right?  Lynching only reduces the size by one, and the lynch will offer limited information.  On the flip side, it's possible the night will result in way more information to discuss, and could cull the herd by more than one.

I don't mean to sound like I don't want to lynch someone, or even that there aren't reasonable targets.  It's more that I'm wondering and would like to hear from others on the idea of taking this game into the night phase sooner rather than later, via a majority no lynch vote, since we can't seem to come to agreement on a lynch.

If the lynch for the sake of info argument can be made, I think a no lynch for the sake of night info can be made as well.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 25, 2012, 07:59:08 pm »

Having looked through I have 2 things to say about Grujah.  First, he doesn't really come off to me as scummy in the way hes been talking.  That being said, there hasn't been much information about grujah from earlier, aka, this is exactly what ehalc feared when we were discussing lynching for information; everyone is jumping on grujah to get a lynch but there will be nothing gained from it, as some seem to have little reason (see: he is the scummiest of the people that have the most votes that I'd be willing to get on).  My vote will stay where it is.

PS I find it interesting that ehalc mentioned that if people just vote for someone to get them to die, we gain no information because everyone has an excuse.  Yet ehalc is voting for grujah.  I know he voiced different reasons for doing so but I just find it interesting.

PPE: @ashersky I'm gonna claim newbie on this one but, holy cow 25 people is a lot to keep track of and just from a "one less person to keep in my brain" standpoint I dont think I could go today with no lynch.  I know people are going to die in the night but my brain cant take it.  This shit is hard.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1443 on: September 25, 2012, 08:06:09 pm »

I'd rather avoid a no-lynch. But the likely presence of two scum teams complicates things a little, I guess. They do tend to target each other, which decreases the number of scum. But that's no reason for the town not to use its main weapon.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 25, 2012, 08:11:12 pm »

yuma, how can you go on Grujah like that when there are so many people who are not adding too much to the game. Unless you think this is just unusual for Grujah. If you're supporting a lynch-all-lurkers meta, please, go for someone else like me, Glooble, or ibgtennis.

Because I am not voting for a lurker, I am voting for someone that I view to be scummy. that is all anyone can do at this point. I have found ibgtennis' posts to have content when he posted. Unless you have some substance to add in your upcoming post I would also be willing to vote for you. (Content allows town to analyze it and see if it matches up to town play, but no content results in a player being a mystery, something town doesn't want to be and mafia does.)

But as I said before, we are getting close to the (yes it is self-imposed, but for good reasons imo) soft-deadline, and as such we need to start gathering a consensus.

I am not voting Grujah just to get a lynch, I am voting for Grujah because I have a scummy read on him. I also have scummy reads on other players, but right now Grujah is the best candidate to lynch someone who I read scummy. So I am voting for him.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 25, 2012, 08:17:35 pm »

Hey guys, the fake deadline is Wednesday night right? I'm not gonna be able to be there, so Vote: Grujah because he is the most likely person to be lynched, considering this is like the 10th vote on him.

Is it possible that, in a game this size, with the unknown plethora of roles, that a no lynch may in fact be helpful?

Here's my thinking: we've all complained to some degree about the size of this thing, right?  Lynching only reduces the size by one, and the lynch will offer limited information.  On the flip side, it's possible the night will result in way more information to discuss, and could cull the herd by more than one.

I don't mean to sound like I don't want to lynch someone, or even that there aren't reasonable targets.  It's more that I'm wondering and would like to hear from others on the idea of taking this game into the night phase sooner rather than later, via a majority no lynch vote, since we can't seem to come to agreement on a lynch.
Go read M3. No, a no lynch is definitely not good.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 25, 2012, 08:18:47 pm »

Because I am not voting for a lurker, I am voting for someone that I view to be scummy. that is all anyone can do at this point. I have found ibgtennis' posts to have content when he posted. Unless you have some substance to add in your upcoming post I would also be willing to vote for you. (Content allows town to analyze it and see if it matches up to town play, but no content results in a player being a mystery, something town doesn't want to be and mafia does.)

But as I said before, we are getting close to the (yes it is self-imposed, but for good reasons imo) soft-deadline, and as such we need to start gathering a consensus.

I am not voting Grujah just to get a lynch, I am voting for Grujah because I have a scummy read on him. I also have scummy reads on other players, but right now Grujah is the best candidate to lynch someone who I read scummy. So I am voting for him.

Just to get it straight, why do you find me scummy exactly?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 25, 2012, 08:20:50 pm »

Hey guys, the fake deadline is Wednesday night right? I'm not gonna be able to be there, so Vote: Grujah because he is the most likely person to be lynched, considering this is like the 10th vote on him.

Or MVIII. Nolynch is bad bad bad.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 25, 2012, 08:53:30 pm »

Or MVIII. Nolynch is bad bad bad.

Uggh, just caught up.  Semi substantial post to follow, but did want to call this out.  No lynch is awesome for scum.  M8 Day 2 was one of my favorite days in forum mafia history.

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 25, 2012, 09:36:37 pm »

Vote: O - for not voting this close to deadline.
O's a strange fellow, so I never feel confident in my reads.

Secondary: Voltaire - for pushing that we all push secondary / tertiary votes.  This feels like scum trying to give themselves an out to steer away from town consensus.

Tertiary: Shraeye - reasons given during my initial vote.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 16 queries.