Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 320937 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1400 on: September 25, 2012, 03:16:16 pm »

SO, why Voting YN than?

Because I don't think he'll be lynched. If there's a wagon on him, I'll move to like, O, or something.

Wait, wat? Makes no sense.

I know you kinda softclaimed something but I seem to be the only one that doesn't get it.

I am not going to be on the lynch today unless my vote is absolutely required for there to be a lynch at all.

Which actually gives us information anyways because we know you support the lynch but we get an extra person on the wagon.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1401 on: September 25, 2012, 03:34:08 pm »

On Dsell vs. Galz: both look town for me, based on the argument.  My earlier read of Galz' posts left me at neutral.

Re: Axxle's #1321: I think Morgrim is a good target for Cop in that it's unlikely we'll catch him otherwise if he's scum.  But maybe there is more utility in clearing/catching others; I can buy that.  I am OK with voting "for information" when you also think the player is scummy.  Null reads I am less sold on.

Re: shraeye's #1324: I stand by my positions.  You are correct that Morgrim is scary, but I don't think you understand why a Morgrim lynch is worthless.  Morgrim is always rather erratic, and that makes him entirely unreadable.  He has self-hammered as town.  He pretty much never defends himself.  In BMV he was the freaking vig and he literally asked the town to lynch him.  And they did.  If we lynch Morgrim, we gain pretty much no info because of Morgrim's style.  I'd rather lynch anyone else, even myself, so that the town can get useful info out of it.  Nonetheless, Morgrim has to be checked eventually.  This is why I think he is a decent Cop/Vig target.  Since you have a town read on me, maybe you'll believe me when I say that.  Or you'll just count it among other things we disagree about.  I don't know about jo's "scumslip" anymore, because these kinds of slips can be made by town anyway.

Re: yuma's #1374: I am always stingy with my vote.

Re: Watno's #1376: I found Volt suspicious for the reasons stated, but mitigating circumstances mean that I should hold back.  With sparky subbing in, I am willing to give him an opportunity to catch up and play the game.  He gets a tentative pass, for now.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: September 25, 2012, 04:09:11 pm »

I dont want to move my vote for no reason, but I would like to see a lynch happen, if only for personal reasons (I cant be the ONLY person here excited about RTR this weekend and doesn't want to be worried about the lynch votes going through in the final second).  I'm going to go back and reread some stuff from Grujah as I didn't necessarily have a read on him; although, I do side with Yuma and Shraeye, if the last few IRL days weren't any evidence, there is no way anyone is getting lynched with our very scattered opinions.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 25, 2012, 04:12:57 pm »

I dont want to move my vote for no reason, but I would like to see a lynch happen, if only for personal reasons (I cant be the ONLY person here excited about RTR this weekend and doesn't want to be worried about the lynch votes going through in the final second).  I'm going to go back and reread some stuff from Grujah as I didn't necessarily have a read on him; although, I do side with Yuma and Shraeye, if the last few IRL days weren't any evidence, there is no way anyone is getting lynched with our very scattered opinions.

My local store has 4 pre release events spanning sat and sun...I'm in all of them...
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 25, 2012, 04:13:53 pm »

People whom I feel have not contributed or "stuck their necks out":

- Grujah
- Glooble
- Young_Nick
- O
- Cuzz
- ibgtennis
- Captain_Frisk

I have a general town read on O, though I am worried he is scum skating by.

Vote: Grujah

I think he has lurked hard, which is really unusual for him.  He returns just when it starts to heat up for him, and his posts read scummy.  This wagon has a decent chance of lift-off, and I have decent reads on most on the wagon so far (not sure of the vote count though). 

Chance of lynch success does play a factor here, but Gruj's lurkiness is the major reason.  It's not like he has been V/LA -- his post history shows that he has been active in Cosmic Encounter, at least.  Why not drop in with some remarks during all of yesterday's drama?  Maybe because he is scum and thought it would be safer to let townies argue themselves to a mislynch.

Consider anyone else on the above list (besides O) as secondary picks.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 25, 2012, 04:24:12 pm »

Speaking of O, where is the guy?

Ah yes, "always down to lynch galzria" yesterday.

I think he said somewhere that he was starting school this week, so activity would be limited.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 25, 2012, 04:28:27 pm »

I'm going to RTR as well, FWIW.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 25, 2012, 04:45:51 pm »

People whom I feel have not contributed or "stuck their necks out":

- Grujah
- Glooble
- Young_Nick
- O
- Cuzz
- ibgtennis
- Captain_Frisk

I have a general town read on O, though I am worried he is scum skating by.

Vote: Grujah

I think he has lurked hard, which is really unusual for him.  He returns just when it starts to heat up for him, and his posts read scummy.  This wagon has a decent chance of lift-off, and I have decent reads on most on the wagon so far (not sure of the vote count though). 

Chance of lynch success does play a factor here, but Gruj's lurkiness is the major reason.  It's not like he has been V/LA -- his post history shows that he has been active in Cosmic Encounter, at least.  Why not drop in with some remarks during all of yesterday's drama?  Maybe because he is scum and thought it would be safer to let townies argue themselves to a mislynch.

Consider anyone else on the above list (besides O) as secondary picks.

Man message was received when people called me out for being quiet yesterday. That's why I explained my vote last night, shared my town reads, weighed in on the lynch for info discussion and then posted an unbelievably well-reasoned argument against Eevee earlier today that no one seems to like, but still you can't say I've contributed "nothing."

Vote: Grujah. He was gonna be my second choice anyway and we need to make sure a lynch happens. I apparently suck at saying anything productive on D1 so I'll be happy to get it over with.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 25, 2012, 04:51:03 pm »

Man message was received when people called me out for being quiet yesterday. That's why I explained my vote last night, shared my town reads, weighed in on the lynch for info discussion and then posted an unbelievably well-reasoned argument against Eevee earlier today that no one seems to like, but still you can't say I've contributed "nothing."

Vote: Grujah. He was gonna be my second choice anyway and we need to make sure a lynch happens. I apparently suck at saying anything productive on D1 so I'll be happy to get it over with.

OK, noted.   You contributed a little bit more recently.  But only coming out to speak when called on it isn't all that praiseworthy. :P

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 25, 2012, 04:54:37 pm »

Cuz CE requiers like a 5 minute scimm. Mafia does not. Ask anyone involved.
I hate to bring RL into forum mafia, but I was working Tue-Sat, and moved to where I study monday (where I found out my internet has been cut so I have to steal this slow one from neighbours). Sunday I should have posted but I was lazy.  :-\

Thing is I am getting policy lynched for lurking even though I seemed to be less lurky than say, ibgt. But, the reason is that people expect me to be superactive as I ussually am all the time. Sigh.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: September 25, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »

I hate to bring RL into forum mafia, but I was working Tue-Sat, and moved to where I study monday (where I found out my internet has been cut so I have to steal this slow one from neighbours). Sunday I should have posted but I was lazy.  :-\

Thing is I am getting policy lynched for lurking even though I seemed to be less lurky than say, ibgt. But, the reason is that people expect me to be superactive as I ussually am all the time. Sigh.

Why didn't you announce a semi-V/LA?  Or, when people started voting for you, why didn't you apologize and explain?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 25, 2012, 05:00:12 pm »

Re: Axxle's #1321: I think Morgrim is a good target for Cop in that it's unlikely we'll catch him otherwise if he's scum.  But maybe there is more utility in clearing/catching others; I can buy that.  I am OK with voting "for information" when you also think the player is scummy.  Null reads I am less sold on.
Regardless of whether Morgrim is scum or not, he's a liability to the town (he's antitown as town).  We *have* to policy lynch him at some point.  It's a waste of a cop use because of this fact.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME START, DAY 1
« Reply #1412 on: September 25, 2012, 05:01:30 pm »

Vote Count 1.23

shraeye (2) -- ftl, Captain_Frisk
Grujah (7) -- Glooble, ehunt, yuma, watno, Galzria, eHalcyon, Cuzz
Voltaire (1) -- Insomniac
Young Nick (1) -- cayvie
Axxle (2) -- Young Nick, Eevee
jotheonah (1) -- Voltaire
eHalcyon (1) -- TheMunch
Insomniac (1) -- ashersky
Galzria (1) -- Dsell
ftl (1) -- ibgtennis
Morgrim7 (4) -- shraeye, Axxle, Morgrim7
yuma (1) -- Grujah

Not Voting (3) -- O, sparky5856, jotheonah

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch. Day 1 deadline is Saturday, September 29th at 1:00 PM (EDT)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: September 25, 2012, 05:02:06 pm »

Regardless of whether Morgrim is scum or not, he's a liability to the town (he's antitown as town).  We *have* to policy lynch him at some point.  It's a waste of a cop use because of this fact.

You're saying if a cop investigated Morgim7 and got a town result, you'd want to lynch him anyway?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: September 25, 2012, 05:02:18 pm »

When's our softdeadline for plurality?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: September 25, 2012, 05:02:42 pm »

OK, I can cede that a Cop has better things to do.  Vig makes sense in this case though -- eliminate the distraction without wasting a lynch.  Unless Vig has strong town read on Morgrim (unlikely) or strong scum read on someone else (possible).

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: September 25, 2012, 05:03:36 pm »

You're saying if a cop investigated Morgim7 and got a town result, you'd want to lynch him anyway?

I think the idea is that if Cop learns that Morgrim is town, is it worth outing himself to protect Morgrim?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: September 25, 2012, 05:06:32 pm »

Vote: Morgrim

he IS acting a bit odd, and I don't think he's scum, but I think he's more likely scum than Grujah at this point.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: September 25, 2012, 05:07:04 pm »

Plus, I think we should policy lynch everyone who votes for themself until people stop doing it.

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: September 25, 2012, 05:09:21 pm »

Why didn't you announce a semi-V/LA?  Or, when people started voting for you, why didn't you apologize and explain?

Meh, dunno, prolly a mistake, but I was already on V/LA and didn't follow much anyway.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: September 25, 2012, 05:10:00 pm »

Still, I'm a fallout lynch and seems hard to believe that you guys don't have anyone better.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: September 25, 2012, 05:10:24 pm »

"you guys" as I pretty much don't have anything much either.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: September 25, 2012, 05:10:49 pm »

Still, I'm a fallout lynch and seems hard to believe that you guys don't have anyone better.

you guys = not part of the town = scumslip ?

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: September 25, 2012, 05:11:34 pm »

Vote: Morgrim

he IS acting a bit odd, and I don't think he's scum, but I think he's more likely scum than Grujah at this point.

Odd in what way?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: September 25, 2012, 05:12:39 pm »

you guys = not part of the town = scumslip ?

I really doubt it.

I don't know how to feel about Grujah.  His excuse is plausible.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.