Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318880 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1375 on: September 25, 2012, 11:51:58 am »

So did you think I was playing scummy in those games?
No, but you are slightly less helpful and feel a little less genuine here. But the town is huge, I don't know. Yuma makes an excellent point that Ftl is playing the exact scum game I'm looking to hunt here.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1376 on: September 25, 2012, 11:56:15 am »

Second vote - Watno - I found Munch to be pretty clear awhile back, and the way Watno keep pushing him and twisting Munch's meaning seemed really off to me. I don't know that scum would be so bold, but I wouldn't rule it out, and he really stood out to me as scummy in that debate.

Seriously, where do i twist Munch's meaning?

On another note,

FOS: Volt

Volt teases at a big case against me, making it sound like he has a lot written up but it just needs some polish.  Turns out there is nothing at all, and the seed of it is entirely worthless (IMO).  It also reminds me of MIII, where Volt was scum.

I'll let it go because of his IRL busy-ness and need to /out, but still -- FOS.

I think this is quite scummy. You suspect him, but let go because of his reasons that don't really invalidate what you said. I don't get what your actual stance is from this at all.

I agree that a lynch looses a lot of its information value if we just do it for information.

Sadly, Morgrim is Morgrim and cant really be read. I don't agree with shraeye that this isn't a reason not to vote him. Since Morgrim behaves strangly every game, lynching him because of it is kinda random in regards to what alignment he'll have.

I also agree with eHalc that people should give reasons for their votes.

Voltaire, what are you referring to with Eevee's small roleclaim?

Also, fully aware that I'm voting for a voting plan that makes my own lynch way more likely. Still think its the way to go.
This one looks scummy to me too. Pointing out that what you're doing might be to your own detriment always feels to me like calling out "Look here, I'm doing this for the greater good, so I must be town)

My main suspicions are Grujah, Glooble and Captain_Frisk for not posting much and saying even less. Add the above for Glooble and the weird vote on Munch for Frisk. It looks like Grujah is the one with the highest chance of getting consensus on, so for the sake of avoiding nolynch vote Grujah

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 25, 2012, 12:28:31 pm »

My main suspicions are Grujah, Glooble and Captain_Frisk for not posting much and saying even less. Add the above for Glooble and the weird vote on Munch for Frisk. It looks like Grujah is the one with the highest chance of getting consensus on, so for the sake of avoiding nolynch vote Grujah

Are you talking about Frisk voting for me for editing my post?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 25, 2012, 12:34:59 pm »

yes

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 25, 2012, 02:19:15 pm »

Cayvie, why would a cult leader inform the town of the existence of the cult? Well, he wouldnt but I dont even care about that.

WHY IS WHAT YOU SAID I DID SCUMMY? I could argue why it's not, but I'll let you make your case first in case I'm missing something.

Hey, I considered it in RMM2. But you're probably right, a normal cult leader most likely wouldn't.

The second question: I think it's scummy because it feels like a cobbled-together position. The post feels like a bunch of individual statements that, while each is okay on its own, don't come from the same viewpoint.

Also the bit about your lynch bonus reads like "hey, now i have an excuse to hammer anyone!"
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: September 25, 2012, 02:20:18 pm »

shraeye (2) - Town read on shraeye. Partly because the two people voting him I have moderately scum reads on. The thing about shraeye is that he is willing and ready to pick and stick with fights and arguments. He has argued with Morgrim, ashersky, TheMunch, Insomniac, yuma, O, Glooble, Watno, Cuzz, cayvie, ftl, eevee and I am sure more that I missed He is constantly sticking his neck out. If he is scum, he will slip (some suggested that he already has) eventually if he continues to post this much, and if he is town I expect him to continue this behavior into subsequent days. A failure for him to do so, will read scum.

best argument for shraeye's townieness yet
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 25, 2012, 02:23:57 pm »

I will change my vote to someone with 2 votes on them to see if we can start getting a consensus, but everyone that has 2 votes I have a town read on except Grujah vote: grujah

vote: yuma for blantly and openly wagoning.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 25, 2012, 02:24:56 pm »

Now I get into WIFOM situation where somebody will point out:

"scum yuma is way more slick"

Well, cuz we all thing so, he can afford not to be.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 25, 2012, 02:27:43 pm »

Cayvie, why would a cult leader inform the town of the existence of the cult? Well, he wouldnt but I dont even care about that.

WHY IS WHAT YOU SAID I DID SCUMMY? I could argue why it's not, but I'll let you make your case first in case I'm missing something.

Hey, I considered it in RMM2. But you're probably right, a normal cult leader most likely wouldn't.

The second question: I think it's scummy because it feels like a cobbled-together position. The post feels like a bunch of individual statements that, while each is okay on its own, don't come from the same viewpoint.

Also the bit about your lynch bonus reads like "hey, now i have an excuse to hammer anyone!"
I won't use my role as an excuse to do something anti-town. However, it is in town's interest to ensure, one way or another, that I end up being a part of the lynch. That can be arranged without ridiculous quickhammers and such. We are going to lynch someone every day after all.

I'm sorry if I mischaracterized your play. It is a big town, it's hard to keep everyone straight, I did try my best. Don't see what advantage I would get from being untruthful about my read on you if I was scum though, so I really just don't get the suspicion at all. Feels like a personal attack!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 25, 2012, 02:28:53 pm »

I will change my vote to someone with 2 votes on them to see if we can start getting a consensus, but everyone that has 2 votes I have a town read on except Grujah vote: grujah

you are gone for 4 days and that is all you got?

Do you want to get to a lynch today? If you do. A wagon is going to have to happen.

Yeah, I'll keep my vote on you.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 25, 2012, 02:32:37 pm »

I won't use my role as an excuse to do something anti-town. However, it is in town's interest to ensure, one way or another, that I end up being a part of the lynch. That can be arranged without ridiculous quickhammers and such. We are going to lynch someone every day after all.

I'm sorry if I mischaracterized your play. It is a big town, it's hard to keep everyone straight, I did try my best. Don't see what advantage I would get from being untruthful about my read on you if I was scum though, so I really just don't get the suspicion at all. Feels like a personal attack!

A personal attack? What? That's really weird, Eevee.

Fortunately for you, Grujah is back and scummier than ever! I am curious to see if he can get out of this.

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 25, 2012, 02:34:29 pm »

Do you want to get to a lynch today? If you do. A wagon is going to have to happen.

I agree. He was in one of my top 3, and we really should start looking to consolidate. Since my #1 choice (eHal) seems to be met with equal parts adamant opposition and slight consideration, it really doesn't seem to be a productive choice. So I'll vote where there we might get something going - the fact that it's not on a town-read makes it all the better for me.

Vote: Grujah
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 25, 2012, 02:42:10 pm »

Wagon "happening" is one thing. You vote for whom you think is most likely scum, if people agree, wagon forms. You noting who has votes on already, than voting for one of them who you 'consider most scummy' to try to force-form a wagon into a mislynch is scummy.

And here I am not really 'most scummy' but a fallout lynch, i.e. I didn't really do anything to warrant a vote, but I was inactive and it's easy to get a wagon started on me.

It's RMM1 all over again (cept there I just posted random crap instead )

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: September 25, 2012, 02:50:01 pm »

Wagon "happening" is one thing. You vote for whom you think is most likely scum, if people agree, wagon forms. You noting who has votes on already, than voting for one of them who you 'consider most scummy' to try to force-form a wagon into a mislynch is scummy.

And here I am not really 'most scummy' but a fallout lynch, i.e. I didn't really do anything to warrant a vote, but I was inactive and it's easy to get a wagon started on me.

Look, there are 25 people in this game. If each of us vote for who we think is "most" scummy, we will get about 5 people with 4 votes each. That isn't going to work.

You are in a group of about 4 people that are high on my scum radar. I have been suspicious of you since midgame where I put together a similar list. I had originally voted Glooble, but in all the time that I have had my vote on him, no one has joined me. So, yes, I changed my vote from someone I saw scummy to someone who I saw scummy.

I agree that changing my vote from someone that I consider scummy to someone that I had a read on would be more questionable.... But I didn't. Both you and Glooble are scummy to me. You simply appear to be more likely a lynch candidate, and I for one actually think we need to follow a soft deadline, so I am voting for you.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 25, 2012, 02:51:37 pm »

Look, there are 25 people in this game. If each of us vote for who we think is "most" scummy, we will get about 5 people with 4 votes each. That isn't going to work.

You are in a group of about 4 people that are high on my scum radar. I have been suspicious of you since midgame where I put together a similar list. I had originally voted Glooble, but in all the time that I have had my vote on him, no one has joined me. So, yes, I changed my vote from someone I saw scummy to someone who I saw scummy.

I agree that changing my vote from someone that I consider scummy to someone that I had a read on would be more questionable.... But I didn't. Both you and Glooble are scummy to me. You simply appear to be more likely a lynch candidate, and I for one actually think we need to follow a soft deadline, so I am voting for you.
yuma is right, in a game this size, sheeping reads and keeping scum options higher than just 1 person is a must if we want a lynch to actually happen.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 25, 2012, 02:57:46 pm »

A personal attack? What? That's really weird, Eevee.

Fortunately for you, Grujah is back and scummier than ever! I am curious to see if he can get out of this.
What I mean by that is feels like you took offense in me mischaracterizing your play and sort of OMGUS'd me, looking for reasons to vote me "for punishment". Maybe I'm wrong and that's not what happened but I don't really see any legitimate way to end up in voting me based on the parts about you in my post.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 25, 2012, 03:03:40 pm »

OK, you got a point that you cannot keep a vote only for your most scum read, and that statement kinda missed the point I was trying to make, blah.
 (which was, really, voting on a guy just cuz you think he is likeliest to get lynched. I might have also wronged cuz you didn't express anything overly negative against me in that last post, but you might have had before, I missed quite)

As for Gloob, I kept a vote on him, I could change back. Though my vote is mainly cuz he seemed like standard scumGlob, but with no townGlob to compare.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: September 25, 2012, 03:05:29 pm »

As for Gloob, I kept a vote on him, I could change back. Though my vote is mainly cuz he seemed like standard scumGlob, but with no townGlob to compare.

I think we can all agree about one thing: scumGlob is a really disgusting nickname.

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 25, 2012, 03:05:32 pm »

Wait, what?
So, you are basically sidelining, rooting for me to get killed and fueling fire?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 25, 2012, 03:06:40 pm »

Wait, what?
So, you are basically sidelining, rooting for me to get killed and fueling fire?

Basically!

I'll put you at

Primary: Grujah
Secondary: Eevee
Tertiary: Axxle

if it makes you feel better about it.

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: September 25, 2012, 03:07:26 pm »

SO, why Voting YN than?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 25, 2012, 03:08:00 pm »

SO, why Voting YN than?

Because I don't think he'll be lynched. If there's a wagon on him, I'll move to like, O, or something.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 25, 2012, 03:09:02 pm »

Speaking of O, where is the guy?

Ah yes, "always down to lynch galzria" yesterday.

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 25, 2012, 03:09:57 pm »

SO, why Voting YN than?

Because I don't think he'll be lynched. If there's a wagon on him, I'll move to like, O, or something.

Wait, wat? Makes no sense.

I know you kinda softclaimed something but I seem to be the only one that doesn't get it.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 25, 2012, 03:10:51 pm »

SO, why Voting YN than?

Wait, wat? Makes no sense.

I know you kinda softclaimed something but I seem to be the only one that doesn't get it.

I am not going to be on the lynch today unless my vote is absolutely required for there to be a lynch at all.

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.