Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318913 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1250 on: September 24, 2012, 07:56:07 pm »

Also my second and third votes are really not that serious, so don't put much stock in them at this point.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1251 on: September 24, 2012, 08:01:51 pm »

I'm still not comfortable with listing three people in order, I'll do it soon, but am posting my basic train of thought now so I'm not dropping a bombshell when I do vote: I am suspicious of Insomniac because of his super non-committing position on me from earlier today (today IRL) as well as his "well, voltgloss is a smart guy even if he didn't actually say a good case so there must be a good case somewhere" arg against ehalcyon. I am annoyed at Axxle for repeated bad arguments at me, but unlike the Insom-business, that isn't really a case in and of itself (but I'm going to review him). Other than that I think my whole wagon is town except Insomniac and possibly eevee, but I'm not likely to vote for eevee before either of those other two. In the Glooble-Grujah wars I sympathize with Glooble, which makes me want to vote for Grujah.  My view of basically everyone "new" is clouded and run-together and needs to be reviewed before I vote; in particular, I don't understand the Watno/Munch dispute at all. I am still suspicious of shraeye for his personality change from previous games, which I don't think has been addressed. I am a little suspicious of voltaire again but don't have a real case, I am unlikely to vote there. I am not suspicious of ehalc (see my previous post on this) but I'm willing to give voltgloss/sparky the benefit of the doubt on this instead of assuming voltgloss/sparky is scummy for pushing the case.

...You need to stop pushing people that argue with you, you have this tendancy to believe anybody that puts any pressure on anyone or argues with you at all must be scum, and your always wrong.

I'd like you to cite other examples of this "tendency" and where it wound up going wrong. For example, in the post you are quoting I say my wagon is town, except for you and possibly Axxle/Eevee. I don't believe I have this tendency at all (except when my wagon really is scum, e.g. MIX and MVI, no regrets from either of those games).

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 24, 2012, 08:03:34 pm »

Robz, can you prod TheMunch please? In the time I took to write this, TheMunch came back.

Sorry, wasn't trying to lurk.  No one was talking about anything this weekend and I came back when everyone else did.  I'm interested why you specifically wanted me prodded (for I assume not talking despite the fact that no one was talking).

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 24, 2012, 08:06:44 pm »

Robz, can you prod TheMunch please? In the time I took to write this, TheMunch came back.

Sorry, wasn't trying to lurk.  No one was talking about anything this weekend and I came back when everyone else did.  I'm interested why you specifically wanted me prodded (for I assume not talking despite the fact that no one was talking).

Your last post was on the 21st, which is singificantly far back.  Everyone else had posted by today, unless I missed someone.  Morgrim, possibly, but he posted on the 22nd and, well, he's Morgrim.  Maybe Cuzz?  He also posted on the 22nd.

So basically, you had been away for a day longer than others.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 24, 2012, 08:07:51 pm »

(for the record I do think I have the converse of the problem that Insomniac says I have - namely, if scum say they have a town read on me or they attack people who are voting for me, I have a hard time seeing them as scum, e.g. O on day 3 of MVIII, theorel in MVI)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME START, DAY 1
« Reply #1255 on: September 24, 2012, 08:43:57 pm »

Vote Count 1.20

shraeye (2) -- ftl, Captain_Frisk
ehunt (4) -- Eevee, jotheonah, Axxle
Glooble (1) -- yuma
Grujah (2) -- Glooble, Morgrim7
Voltaire (1) -- Insomniac
Captain_Frisk (2) -- Watno, Cuzz
Young Nick (1) -- cayvie
Watno (1) -- TheMunch
Axxle (1) -- Young Nick
jotheonah (1) -- Voltaire
eHalcyon (1) -- Galzria
Insomniac (1) -- ashersky
Galzria (1) -- Dsell

Not Voting (7) -- Grujah, ibgtennis, O, eHalcyon, ehunt, shraeye, sparky5856

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch. Day 1 deadline is Saturday, September 29th at 1:00 PM (EDT)

Cayvie,

I think I'm at

Primary: Axxle
Secondary/Tertiary: Grujah/Glooble

I did not count this as an official vote. If your intention was to vote for Axxle, please use Vote: Axxle in bold.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 24, 2012, 09:03:07 pm »

51 pages into Day 1 and the Vote Count looks like that. Wow.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 24, 2012, 09:04:20 pm »

Ok, looking at all the votes, many are in favor of lynching eHalcyon and ehunt. Should we follow through and lynch? I am still up for Grujah, but I would go for any of these, we are coming up dangerously close to the deadline.
I know. Everyone is voting for everyone else :)
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 24, 2012, 09:13:09 pm »

Ok, looking at all the votes, many are in favor of lynching eHalcyon and ehunt. Should we follow through and lynch? I am still up for Grujah, but I would go for any of these, we are coming up dangerously close to the deadline.

So.  Opportunistic.

At the risk of sounding like I am directing powers... If we have a vig or a cop, Morgrim might be a good target.  Lynching him is pointless there is no way to read him, meaning that, if he flips town, the wagon is still essentially useless for info.  OTOH, we can't exactly leave him alone if he is scum.  He was sounding saner at the start of the game, but he has not been any more helpful than usual.  If Morgrim weren't Morgrim, he would be a prime lynch target right now.  As is, he is getting by on his reputation.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 24, 2012, 09:14:23 pm »

Vote: eHalcyon
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: September 24, 2012, 09:16:14 pm »

Did people miss my case against Galz because it's at the end of the last page? Because no one has responded to it in any way.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 24, 2012, 09:18:40 pm »

Did people miss my case against Galz because it's at the end of the last page? Because no one has responded to it in any way.

I had missed it! It actually seems like a pretty good case.

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 24, 2012, 09:21:08 pm »

So you're telling me you don't find Morgrim frustrating?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 24, 2012, 09:22:20 pm »

So.  Opportunistic.

At the risk of sounding like I am directing powers... If we have a vig or a cop, Morgrim might be a good target.  Lynching him is pointless there is no way to read him, meaning that, if he flips town, the wagon is still essentially useless for info.  OTOH, we can't exactly leave him alone if he is scum.  He was sounding saner at the start of the game, but he has not been any more helpful than usual.  If Morgrim weren't Morgrim, he would be a prime lynch target right now.  As is, he is getting by on his reputation.
Well, coming up so close to the deadline, you kinda have to be opportunistic. We really don't have much time, and I am not going to be on for the lynch, so for me it is pretty much today and the next few mornings to decide who to lynch. You guys have more time, being in the timezone that you are in, but I think it is best to get a solid vote on now. Which is why, I think, I'm gonna Vote: ehunt, because I:
-Support his lynch
-Think that as of now, the bigger wagons are, the better. We need a good lynch choice.
-We are coming up on the deadline.
-Believe that he or eHal is the most accepted target by the majority.

So pretty much right now... I'm ok with most lynches and will follow the crowd so that this day doesn't end in a no lynch...

PPE: seeing joth's vote on eHal, well, I support lynching eHal too...
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 24, 2012, 09:27:31 pm »

So.  Opportunistic.

Well, coming up so close to the deadline, you kinda have to be opportunistic. We really don't have much time, and I am not going to be on for the lynch, so for me it is pretty much today and the next few mornings to decide who to lynch. You guys have more time, being in the timezone that you are in, but I think it is best to get a solid vote on now. Which is why, I think, I'm gonna Vote: ehunt, because I:
-Support his lynch
-Think that as of now, the bigger wagons are, the better. We need a good lynch choice.
-We are coming up on the deadline.
-Believe that he or eHal is the most accepted target by the majority.

So pretty much right now... I'm ok with most lynches and will follow the crowd so that this day doesn't end in a no lynch...

PPE: seeing joth's vote on eHal, well, I support lynching eHal too...

"I think we should lynch these people because other people seem to want to lynch them.  I'm willing to lynch pretty much everyone."

It's not new from you, but it's still a terrible approach.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 24, 2012, 09:28:34 pm »

Decent case.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 24, 2012, 09:30:44 pm »

I found galz's opposition to me to be sorta townish and then I found it even more town when he stopped opposing me. But this is narcissistic. I'm happy to re-evaluate galz, I have homework on like six people now.

Morgrim - same question I asked Insomniac. You can't get away with saying "I'm voting ehunt because other people are." You need to explain why you think I am scummy if you are going to vote for me.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 24, 2012, 09:41:22 pm »

OK,
vote: Insomniac. His non-case cases on me and ehalcyon earlier today were certainly the scummiest play I've seen in this town. Go back and read the dialogue between him and me, starting with where I ask him a simple question: if you say you're voting ehunt "for information," what information do you get when ehunt flips?

my secondary is Grujah, and I don't have a tertiary.

my feelings on other people:

I am sketched out by Voltaire's "are you joking" business with Axxle but have not been able to quantify exactly why I dislike this into a case and continue to think Voltaire's summary-of-the-game-that-left-Voltaire-out was probably a town move. Axxle's case on me reads to me like a wrong and over-eager townie (which is unfortunate since he has a double-vote...). Galzria this game reads to me like a right but under-eager townie. In spite of this, strong town read on DSell reads to me like town-except-for-this. I think Galzria's "I'm going to lurk because you'll never punish someone" was a genuine angry-fit which reflected my own mood at that particular moment as well.

I still haven't done my homework on sorting out the new people.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 24, 2012, 09:44:35 pm »

OK,
vote: Insomniac. His non-case cases on me and ehalcyon earlier today were certainly the scummiest play I've seen in this town. Go back and read the dialogue between him and me, starting with where I ask him a simple question: if you say you're voting ehunt "for information," what information do you get when ehunt flips?

my secondary is Grujah, and I don't have a tertiary.

my feelings on other people:

I am sketched out by Voltaire's "are you joking" business with Axxle but have not been able to quantify exactly why I dislike this into a case and continue to think Voltaire's summary-of-the-game-that-left-Voltaire-out was probably a town move. Axxle's case on me reads to me like a wrong and over-eager townie (which is unfortunate since he has a double-vote...). Galzria this game reads to me like a right but under-eager townie. In spite of this, strong town read on DSell reads to me like town-except-for-this. I think Galzria's "I'm going to lurk because you'll never punish someone" was a genuine angry-fit which reflected my own mood at that particular moment as well.

I still haven't done my homework on sorting out the new people.

But "scummy" play on day 1 has just nearly always led to nothing.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 24, 2012, 09:45:56 pm »

to clarify: Insomniac sees a small but growing wagon on me and wants to find a way to be on the wagon while being off the wagon so he can hedge based on how I flip. So he puts me as a "second vote" (so it's not clear if it will matter or not) and emphasizes that he's doing it for the "information." Translation: Insomniac wants you to know that he is willing to vote for ehunt, but not so willing to vote for ehunt that he deserves any of the blame for it at all.

To me this is much scummier than people who overeagerly push wrong cases. It's intentionally pushing no case at all in order to have your cake and eat it too.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:50 pm »

you're saying I should be looking among the quieter people (e.g. Galzria) instead of the more vocal people? OK, maybe I have tunnel vision at this point. Are there any quiet people besides Galzria to talk about? How do you feel about the munch/watno/cuzz/voltaire/ashersky contingent? What about ftl?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 24, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »

you're saying I should be looking among the quieter people (e.g. Galzria) instead of the more vocal people? OK, maybe I have tunnel vision at this point. Are there any quiet people besides Galzria to talk about? How do you feel about the munch/watno/cuzz/voltaire/ashersky contingent? What about ftl?

As I indicated in my Galzria-case post, Ashersky and Grujah are my next best scum reads but they're quite a lot weaker. I have a somewhat town read on TheMunch and ftl, but I have very little read on Cuzz, V, and watno. Watno has had such strong arguments today that, though, that we will probably learn a lot about him when we see the flips of those he's had conflicts with.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 24, 2012, 09:55:06 pm »

i'm always down to lynch galzria.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 24, 2012, 09:57:52 pm »

So you're telling me you don't find Morgrim frustrating?

Nah, I'm telling you I find you scummy. You OMGUS'd me and disguised it as a non-OMGUS vote. And just now you did the same thing to Morgrim7. But whatever your stated reasons, you keep voting for everyone who expresses suspicion at you.

You're rabidly attacking the idea that we should just lynch the popular wagons. Why? Because you're trying to head off the lynch landing on you, and fighting it now is easier and more townie-looking than fighting it when you're at L-Whatever.

Morgrim is actually making some sense to me this game.

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 24, 2012, 10:07:50 pm »

i'm always down to lynch galzria.

always, as in every game?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 16 queries.