Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318889 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1100 on: September 21, 2012, 05:47:34 pm »

If we do indeed decide to do this, here's my three votes. Probably gone this weekend, but I might have time to poke in. I don't have strong scum reads on anyone at the moment. This was tricky.

Primary Vote: ashersky (for lurking in plain sight while calling on others not to lurk, and for being on the terrible shraeye wagon)
Secondary Vote: jotheonah (He's squirmed a lot with only 1 vote on him, tried to drive ehunt wagon, thinks lynching lurkers is a bad idea...some of it seems like a difference in playstyles, some of it feels like a scum vibe)
Third Vote: Watno (I haven't gotten substance from him, his tunneling of Munch was bizarre, plus "gut feel" from earlier)

No vote on Frisk anymore as he's changed his behavior for the better. Doesn't make him town, but it takes him from scum to neutral in my eyes.

PPE: Ugh. Don't make me change my mind.

I will mention that my in plain sight lurking has been predicated on me moving my entire family/household overseas at the moment.  In a hotel now, even.  At least I'm still contributing content when I can, unlike some others who are here.  You even mention some.

You know me fairly well as compared to others I think.  Other than posting less, do I seem different?
Blergh. Unvote. You're very right, I forgot about your V/LA. I don't like anyone on the shraeye wagon but it doesn't make people scum on its own.

I got nothin' right now.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME START, DAY 1
« Reply #1101 on: September 21, 2012, 05:51:39 pm »

Vote Count 1.17

shraeye (4) -- Axxle, ftl, Captain_Frisk
ehunt (1) -- Eevee
Glooble (1) -- yuma
Grujah (2) -- Glooble, Morgrim7
Voltaire (1) -- Insomniac
Captain_Frisk (3) -- Watno, Cuzz, ashersky
eHalcyon (1) -- Voltgloss
Young Nick (1) -- cayvie
cayvie (1) -- Young Nick
Watno (2) -- TheMunch, jotheonah

Not Voting (9) -- Dsell, Galzria, Grujah, ibgtennis, O, eHalcyon, ehunt, shraeye, Voltaire

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch. Day 1 deadline is Saturday, September 29th at 1:00 PM (EDT)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1102 on: September 21, 2012, 06:00:20 pm »

Plurality voting is reasonable. It's sort of what happens anyway. Somebody is at like L-3 and there's a few hours left until deadline, and people vote for that guy just to avoid no lynch. This would just be making it more formal, to make it work for the huge town that we have. I doubt it'll make anyone vote for someone they have a huge town read on.

Voltaire, I'm pretty sure Axxle's accusation of buddying up from a while back was serious, he messed up the quote but if you click on the link to the post you'll see it. I still don't buy the ehunt case, but it wasn't a joke, I think.

I'm sort of glad we're not lynching all lurkers because I've dropped down to lurker status, have posted less recently and won't be around to post much over the weekend. Still reading everything. All this voting talk didn't change any of my scumreads/townreads. I keep waiting for Volt's eH case. I bet it'll be disappointing after all this time.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 21, 2012, 06:02:19 pm »

unvote. I think it's odd that Voltaire wrote up a summary of the game that didn't include the fact that a couple folks were voting for him. I decided it's town-odd instead of scum-odd. When you're summarizing a game, you maybe don't include votes you think are minor or not part of the major story-arc. If you're scum and someone's voting for you, you know for a fact that that vote is really important to the plot of the game and worthy of being included in a summary. If you're town, I'd think you'd still think the votes on you were important, just because everyone's narrative of the game revolves around themselves a little, but at least there's a chance you could think the vote was unimportant enough that you could leave it out of a summary. Of course Voltaire could be WIFOMing me here, but I think it's a situation where it's genuinely difficult to think ahead - if Voltaire's scum, then in a matter of minutes, he calculated an answer to the question "what it would feel like to be summarizing this game if I were a townie" that I found convincing.
Realized I never really "answered" this, and since I think it's what Axxle was referring to, I just want to say that I only ever had 2 votes on me at once at that point, which was true of lots of people, and nobody seemed to be talking about me without voting (ie Grujah) and so it didn't seem like it was a big part of the narrative. Now that Frisk agrees with Insomniac, and Morgrim says he was ok with a lynch on me, I guess a summary might need to include a mini-Voltaire wagon? Eh.

(obligatory "hey axxle u found scumpair D1!")

PPE: I see ftl thinks Axxle was seriously responding to this, so I guess it's good I posted this.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: September 21, 2012, 06:43:47 pm »

Ok, I still have like 5 more pages to read, but I must respond to something.

Most of my "would lynch" reads are town reads.
The deadline is coming up, and its going to take a lot of effort to lynch. You people being the mafia authority in my life, I'm willing to support a lynch for even someone I think is town if you people think is best.
Scum reads are just my prefrence lynch.
The people who I would like to lynch. That I think could be scum.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 21, 2012, 06:56:52 pm »

FoS: Cayvie.*

In a spate of downtime, I decided to do a quick readthrough of all 45 pages**, focused on a random person.  Cayvie's posted 68 times in the thread, including pre-game.  It's amazing how many of those are one-liners, witticisms, and jokes.  The only real substance was a quick line-by-line run down of the entire town (with little to say) and that odd thing about her special problem with being on town lynches.  She noted, then un-noted, the SSS (Sarcastic Shraeye Scumslip), had a few posts in the decline of civility portion of the game, and that's about it.  Oh, and she liked being able to lynch townies (I assume, given what she's told us before) without being on the wagon:

I support Frisk's plan.

Partially because it means I can participate in the lynch without actually voting for the lynchee.

What gives?  Your rep is as a fantastic player, I think.  Or am I off there?

*: Not changing my vote, though.
**: I think I'll keep trying to do these, where I read all the posts of one player separately.  I mean, I guess we all do that, but instead of linearly, as we go, doing it all at once.  I'll just keep picking players at random.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 21, 2012, 07:06:09 pm »

Guys, I'm not trying to lurk, but I'm in Japan now, so cut me some slack. I participate as much as possible.
I am totally ok with the Primary/secondary/tertiary lynch. But even reading those five pages, I have no new reads. :(

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 21, 2012, 09:56:50 pm »

Tired, going to sleep, will re-read in morning.

I do agree with plurality lynch plan.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPE
« Reply #1108 on: September 21, 2012, 10:46:29 pm »

Daily check-in here. Still haven't started.

I am seriously considering just going from page 30 or so to save myself the RVS BS. Can someone point me towards the post from eevee about the Cultist thang?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 21, 2012, 11:21:18 pm »

Oh, I just went over my role pm again because I always miss stuff and this time was no different.

I have mod-confirmed information that there is a faction in this game that can recruit people. I would guess we are probably dealing with a cult then. Would be pretty sweet to get the cult leader early, those things tend to be pretty powerful..

For some reason I'm under the impression Robz doesn't like having two scum teams, so I'm thinking it's one big scum team, a cult and maybe a serial killer.

@TheMunch
I understand listening us talking about our previous games can be frustrating, but you are probably pretty alone with that opinion. Previous games are very important, and faking certain behavior is harder than you think. Also keep it cool, O is okay.  :) No need to get personal, just a game!

I don't explicitly know there is a cult. I know there exists a faction that has night talk, and that something* would happen if I got recruited into it.

*I know what this something is, but it's not relevant here.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: September 21, 2012, 11:26:24 pm »

FoS: Cayvie.*

In a spate of downtime, I decided to do a quick readthrough of all 45 pages**, focused on a random person.  Cayvie's posted 68 times in the thread, including pre-game.  It's amazing how many of those are one-liners, witticisms, and jokes.  The only real substance was a quick line-by-line run down of the entire town (with little to say) and that odd thing about her special problem with being on town lynches.  She noted, then un-noted, the SSS (Sarcastic Shraeye Scumslip), had a few posts in the decline of civility portion of the game, and that's about it.  Oh, and she liked being able to lynch townies (I assume, given what she's told us before) without being on the wagon:

I support Frisk's plan.

Partially because it means I can participate in the lynch without actually voting for the lynchee.

What gives?  Your rep is as a fantastic player, I think.  Or am I off there?

*: Not changing my vote, though.
**: I think I'll keep trying to do these, where I read all the posts of one player separately.  I mean, I guess we all do that, but instead of linearly, as we go, doing it all at once.  I'll just keep picking players at random.

I am not sure what my rep is, really! If it's as a fantastic player, I will be pleased, obviously.

Think about it, though; I don't know what anyone's alignment is. I've stated it's bad for me if I lynch a townie. I mean, if there's like fifteen minutes to deadline and someone's at L-1, I'll hammer, but otherwise, I don't plan on being on the lynch day 1.

Also, I started a wagon on yuma. And stated a few townreads. I kinda don't think detailed analysis is that useful day 1, and I'm not the best at it anyway.

Oh, I kept my vote on shraeye after noting that I'd misread his post, because I thought he was playing weirdly.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 22, 2012, 01:46:15 am »

I thought Volt was posting his case on me tonight.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 22, 2012, 07:48:35 am »

he said maybe Sunday.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 22, 2012, 10:52:35 am »

Argh.  Family commitments (including late-night difficulties with our two-year-old and us leaving the house this morning) are going to prevent my case from going up until this evening.  I'm taking the computer with me to work on the case so I can post it as soon as I get home tonight. 

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 22, 2012, 05:34:45 pm »

he said maybe Sunday.

eHalc case is definitely going to be posted this evening.

But I guess it's tonight then.  Sure. :P

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 22, 2012, 06:01:38 pm »

Man this place is deeeeeaaaaaaad today.

Random question for cayvie as I'm rereading: Did you ever really explain that weird vote/unvote on O a while back?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 22, 2012, 06:05:03 pm »

Random question for cayvie as I'm rereading: Did you ever really explain that weird vote/unvote on O a while back?

a couple times, basically i got a townread on O within minutes of placing my vote.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 22, 2012, 06:11:47 pm »

a couple times, basically i got a townread on O within minutes of placing my vote.

Ok fair enough.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 22, 2012, 08:33:47 pm »

Theory: not all 25 of us are closely following this thing.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1119 on: September 22, 2012, 08:40:09 pm »

In the restaurant industry, weekends are actually busier than weekdays.
This has been a crazy one.

Apologies.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 22, 2012, 08:40:51 pm »

Hellooooo

Mad, I tell you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 22, 2012, 08:44:11 pm »

Theory: Voltgloss is scum and his master plan is to stall the town to a NL deadline by promising a big long post and never delivering it, causing everyone to stop posting.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 22, 2012, 09:35:57 pm »

I admit to thinking kindof the same thing, except for the fact that I thought about it while phone lurking @ the apple orchard, the petting zoo, and ikea.  Weekends are busy.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 22, 2012, 11:06:04 pm »

Theory: Voltgloss is scum and his master plan is to stall the town to a NL deadline by promising a big long post and never delivering it, causing everyone to stop posting.

I'm thinking more to MIII.  IIRC he announced a big case ahead of time on day 1 as well.  Can't fully remember the situation, if the case was connected to the gambit or came after, as a result of the gambit.

I'm waiting to see what he says though.  I can imagine a legitimate case against me, though it would be misguided.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 22, 2012, 11:17:51 pm »

Please, tell us about the legitimate but misguided case you're imagining. It'll help pass the time.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.938 seconds with 16 queries.