Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318825 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Also, Dsell, dont you think the behaviour your pointing out with Axxle is even more extreme with Grujah?

I'll have to reread everything he's written. Has he been active on the rest of the site?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPE
« Reply #751 on: September 19, 2012, 05:26:33 pm »

itouch post: I am unlikely to vote axxle...

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile

Eevee pointed it out in this post

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

I'd prefer Axxle or Watno at the moment.

I saw your case for Axxle but why Watno?

Similar to Axxle.

Posting a minimum of content.

I'm just going through the thread right now, looking at each player's entire postlog by itself, and picking out the ones who I feel have contributed the least.
I'm doing the same thing. I'll post my list when done, cayvie. If you share yours, it should really help pressure those on both lists.
Heads up that this won't be until tomorrow, until the earliest.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

Heads up that this won't be until tomorrow, until the earliest.

Cool beans.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Hmm, interesting. Unvote for now.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

Unvote my massively outdated vote on O.

Sorry to not be posting as much, blitz 2 and packing up my entire house has kept me busy.

On topic, I agree with whomever said policy lynches (including lurker) don't provide as much info as convo-driven ones.  I would prefer it to no lynch, I think, except in a town this size, and with possible multiple NKs, there will probably be plenty to analyze just on night actions.

I haven't been able to read closely, so I don't have much in the way of reads on players, but Frisk seems a bit harsher than his usual self.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPE
« Reply #757 on: September 19, 2012, 06:07:07 pm »

Hmm, interesting. Unvote for now.

what do you find so interesting?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile

I agree that Grujah really stands out for not posting much. Ditto for Axxle and ibgtennis. Glad to see O participating more now. I'm not sure any of the votes on him are warranted at the moment. I'm actually curious to hear what shraeye thinks of O now, since he made a point to vote for O in every damn post.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

guys voting for Axxle, Axxle posted about his V/LA in the V/LA thread. Axxle shouldn't be on the list of lurkers just like Young Nick shouldn't.

I'd rather have a 'lynch lurkers' rather than 'let lurkers slide' meta, but I don't want to lynch people for V/LA.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

Oh, my vote is on yuma? Unvote.. I like the lynch all lurkers policy. And O's last post was pretty much saying, "Oh, I'm not lurking" and roughly translated that means, "Don't lynch me". Which either means he is a PR or scum. So, without further reads, I don't know about lynching him at the moment. But, Who hasn't been posting much? Who is usually quite active? Who has played enough games so that we know how he will usually act? Who isn't really acting that way? Who knows better than to lurk? Vote: Grujah
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

guys voting for Axxle, Axxle posted about his V/LA in the V/LA thread. Axxle shouldn't be on the list of lurkers just like Young Nick shouldn't.

I'd rather have a 'lynch lurkers' rather than 'let lurkers slide' meta, but I don't want to lynch people for V/LA.

I realized that, amongst other things, which is why I unvoted.

Ibg still hasn't posted much, but he's posted at least some substance. I need to reread Grujah, but honestly I ALWAYS find him scummy, so I tend to be less aggressive when looking for scum-Grujah posts.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Oh, my vote is on yuma? Unvote.. I like the lynch all lurkers policy. And O's last post was pretty much saying, "Oh, I'm not lurking" and roughly translated that means, "Don't lynch me". Which either means he is a PR or scum. So, without further reads, I don't know about lynching him at the moment.

I disagree with this. I don't really think he's lurking at this point anymore, and certainly not when compared to like, grujah and axxle. I don't get how it makes him a PR or scum, either. O basically has a pattern of doing exactly this, and in fact I think this is more like town-O behavior than scum-O behavior. Doesn't mean all that much, but it's something.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Oh, my vote is on yuma? Unvote.. I like the lynch all lurkers policy. And O's last post was pretty much saying, "Oh, I'm not lurking" and roughly translated that means, "Don't lynch me". Which either means he is a PR or scum. So, without further reads, I don't know about lynching him at the moment. But, Who hasn't been posting much? Who is usually quite active? Who has played enough games so that we know how he will usually act? Who isn't really acting that way? Who knows better than to lurk? Vote: Grujah

"I'm not lurking" doesn't necessarily translate to "don't lynch me".

"Don't lynch me" doesn't have anything to do with alignment or power.  Nobody wants to be lynched, and it's better for town if we don't lynch any townies, whether PR or Vanilla.  Arguing against your own lynch doesn't automatically make you scum or PR.  Not everyone is so cavalier as to self-hammer whenever possible. :P

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

Axxle said

Cutting back on how much I access the site, so things might go slower than usual in my CE games.

He didn't say "I'm not going to post in this thread for 48 hours".
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

And it has been 48 hours; his last post was this:

Guys, yuma scum is way more subtle than this.

He's posted nineteen times on the forums since then.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=604

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

"I'm not lurking" doesn't necessarily translate to "don't lynch me".

"Don't lynch me" doesn't have anything to do with alignment or power.  Nobody wants to be lynched, and it's better for town if we don't lynch any townies, whether PR or Vanilla.  Arguing against your own lynch doesn't automatically make you scum or PR.  Not everyone is so cavalier as to self-hammer whenever possible. :P

No, but he does flat out state that he won't be lynched:

He must really not like you then, uh? What else do you know?

I know you all aren't going to end up lynching me, and this lurker-hunt has done nothing but spawn several contentless pages.

Mafia Record:

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

some questions for some other "lurkers":

Glooble: Glooble, you say that you are playing with a "what would I do if I were scum" in this game? What would you be doing if you were scum? What would your game plan be?
Glooble has not responded in his one post since I asked this.
O: why didn't you claim jester this game? Did Robz actually assign you this role...? Meta-alert!
O has not responded in his six posts since I asked this.
Cuzz: why do you think compiling a list like the one I made is town?  What did you think of the list itself? Do you think it had accurate reads?
First off, I should mention that my unvote of you was a quick phone post and I gave your list as a reason to briefly justify the unvote. I had always planned on elaborating when I had a chance later. Now, basically I feel like taking the time to compile posting and voting habits, recaps of recent interactions, wagon analyses and the like helps town for the most part, so I get a town vibe from you for having done that. Of course there are some caveats, which I appreciate the ehes (unt and alcyon) pointing out.
One, of course, is that it's only helpful if it's accurate, but I found this to be the case with your list as far as I could tell. The second is that it seems like a townie thing to do, so scum wins points by doing so. That being said, I think it's typically town who does things like this.
Watno: you said the wagon on me looked scummy? is there a player in particular who jumps out at you?
Because it seemed kinda farfetched to me that you were intentionally fishing. Eevee, Voltaire, shraeye and Insomniac jump out to me a bit more, since they only voted after they were able to see that others were willing to believe it was intentional fishing.
Frisk: what did you think of the wagon that formed on me? Do you still want your vote on TheMunch?
Frisk has not replied to this in his five posts since I asked this.
ashersky: I know you are going to be gone for a while, but when you get back: who do you agree with jot or Galz in regard to the lurker question?
@yuma o the lurking issue--not to take sides, but I don't think it is helpful to town to not offer up your opinions and insights when you have them.  And if you have none, you aren't very helpful (or fun).  So, don't lurk.

I don't ask questions lightly; they are an opportunity to glean information and an opportunity for a potential scum player to slip and make a mistake or make a contradiction that can be pointed out later. For now I'll vote: Glooble for not responding to a valid question.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

I'd prefer Axxle or Watno at the moment.

I saw your case for Axxle but why Watno?

Insomniac, Insomniac.  Do you never read anything I post?  But I'm calling out everybody here (except maybe cayvie and ftl).  Along with one of my votes on O, I put out an essay on watno.  And why he's scummy.  And there was only one response at all.  ftl asked me
Shraeye, did you mean to vote Watno in your post http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=4412.msg108623#msg108623 ?  Because you voted O and then posted a case against Watno, unless I'm misreading you. So I'm confused, was that post supposed to justify your O vote somehow, or is your O case that you spend two lines on still stronger than your Watno case?
So the only discussion that generated at all was somebody asking if I was serious about voting for O.  Nothing about watno. Not a thing.  (watno did defend himself, I'll get there next)  So here it is again so people can finally firetruckin' read it.
Second, yuma's analysis reminded me that I wanted to talk about watno.  Yuma's analysis seems to point out some contradictions.  Like first he doesn't see me as scummy then does.  So I wanted to know what changed.  watno explained himself by saying I was acti-lurking.  But yuma's summary of him talking heavily about acti-lurking makes me feel super suspicious.  Why are you voting shraeye for doing something that you are also doing?  I decided to go look into his posts and come up with my own interpretation.  Here is that effort

Post #250 watno says that he's played Mafia before (in German)
#262 possibly real suspicion, possible joke that Morgrim needs help to "play scum."
#326 describe's glooble's "no quantifiable reason yet" vote on shraeye as possibly sheeping; decides that I'm nitpicky but not scum
#328 corrects yuma's misinterpretation of ehunts one-per-day statement
#373 This will be major point A
#377 Says that actively lurking is more scummy than regular lurking
#379 clarifies previous post by saying what acti-lurking is
#608 long time between posts; This is major point B

Major point A
Refuses to see content in my posts.
When a quick wagon formed on my sarcasm, that was understandable.  But I was waiting for the steam to pick up in a different way.  What I mean is, the people who voted me because they thought they caught a "scummy scumslip" just hadn't yet arrived in their minds to the punchline of the joke.  But still, that was a large portion of people and some disagreed with that.  So I had a large wagon, but also had plenty of people who explicitly weren't willing to vote for me based on sarcasm.  If I were scum watching that happen, I would look for an opportunity to jump on, add a vote, BUT DO IT FOR A DIFFERENT REASON.  So it adds strength to the wagon not only in terms of another vote, but also so that people who didn't want to vote based onsarcasm now had the opportunity to vote for another reason.  watno fit this description.
vote shraeye
I guess this is a good example of acti-lurking. We shouldn't discuss about what words to use, but find scum. If you didn't get what ashersky wanted to say, why not just ask?
Its not completely clear what he means by this, so I looked at the last few posts I made.  In #373 right before that I made a 3 paragraph argument seeing what I would do if I were axxle with the double vote.  That feels like actual content to me and to say that I was "only posting stuff that's not relevant to the game" (that's your definition of acti-lurking from #379) is as false of an assessment as you could make.  The post I made before #373 was #369. That has "point number A" that also speculates about double-vote "point number B" that was a defense of myself describing the situation as it developed from my perspective (sorry, is defending oneself acti-lurking? because that also feels to me like content relevant to the game) "point number B and a half" is me talking about my increased levels of sarcasm and answering cayvie's post.  None of those seem like I'm posting stuff not relevant to the game, especially when I've been pushed by people to explain myself (cayvie, morgrim, etc).  In the post before #369, (disregarding the +1 for a good joke) I gave everyone my post totals, as this helps us see who's being active, and I thought my numbers were a better picture of that then Insomniac's.
There is no way that these are content-less posts irrelevant to the game, so for you to say I'm actilurking and try to paint me with that brush feels like you're simply looking for another reason for the wagon on me to keep growing.  A very scummy push.

Major point B
Trying simply to shoot everyone down instead of actually scumhunting.
He goes after Voltaire for "knowing" that O is lurking intentionally, continues his false argument that all I'm doing is talking about words,  jumps on TheMunch for trying to keep posts tidy by waiting for ehunt to finish his 7-point multi-post before TheMunch answered ehunt's question to him.  Then he jumps on Frisk for policy voting TheMunch and then not unvoting, FoS's the entire yuma wagon for not realizing yuma's mistake was honest, pokes Morgrim for being late to understand that shray is sarcastic, questions how Voltgloss "knows" there's scum on yumas wagon, chides and votes for the lurkers, then winks at sarcastic joth.
Wowie zowie.  You just shot down 7 people/factions.  Actually 5 people, 1 entire wagon, and a pair of lurkers.  I'm all for pointing out consistencies, but the problem here is you point out so many and all so weakly, that you are pointing the smallest of "fingers of suspicion" in every direction instead of focusing your attention and effort on actually finding scum.  I suppose the strategy is vocally suspect everyone just a bit, so that nobody's feathers get ruffled, then point out on day 2 that you were right, trying to gain town cred.  To me, this is much more suspicious than a lot of things I've seen going on so far.  Seriously, you found all of these things suspicious and off, but none of them were worth a more in depth look at the offending parties?

Here is watno's response
Sry for not posting much, I had less time in the last couple of days then expected. It will probably get better tomorrow.

@Voltgloss:
I was hoping more scum would pile on before people started seriously questioning this wagon, but getting at least one scum to join (and I agree with yuma that probably at least one did) is worth something to talk about today.
What I was trying to say regarding this is that I find it a bit strange that you base your thoughts on assumption there's no real evidence for. I think it might be possible, that you in fact know there was scum on that wagon, but had to justify it because you couldn't admit you do.

Watno: you said the wagon on me looked scummy? is there a player in particular who jumps out at you?
Because it seemed kinda farfetched to me that you were intentionally fishing. Eevee, Voltaire, shraeye and Insomniac jump out to me a bit more, since they only voted after they were able to see that others were willing to believe it was intentional fishing.

@shraeye: In fact, i think posts #369 was pretty acti-lurky. Speculating about double votes and posting a wall of text about sarcasm don't really contribute to us getting a read on you. Same for posting a list of post numbers. Starting a discussion about wording doesn't get us further either. It looks like youre trying to get us to think you were saying a lot, while in fact, you aren't.
I don't see your problem with my post #608. If people post something i think might be scummy, i point it out and see if they can explain to me why they did. Since there's not a single person I'm convinced is scum yet, I can't go after them excessively.

I agree with Eevee that Grujah seems to be contributing little even in the few posts he makes.

vote: Captain Frisk for still having a vote on TheMunch "so he notices he mustn't edit posts".

Also, since quite a few people are saying differently, I want to point out that Robz didn't say alignments were random. What he said was that it wouldn't be obvious and some people's alignments would be random.

So he talks again about one of my posts #369, in which I defended myself, had to finally explain sarcasm to the slower members of our audience, and speculated about the double vote.  How is me defending myself not helping you get a read on me?  I think plenty of people have a read on me, one way or another. You keep saying that defending myself and speculating on the setup of the game are in no way useful.  Stop deluding yourself, these are integral parts of mafia.

Here is my problem with post #608 so far.  You posted thin arguments on tons of people, and only yuma has responded to you.  I know in the quote I pulled from you above you talk to voltgloss again, but the thing you are responding to in #744 (that's the post I pulled above) you are responding to something that voltgloss said before you accused him in #608.  What I want to see rather than this laundry list of small mistakes, is for you to commit to sorting them out.  Or anything out.  Follow up those small pokes you made, don't let people get by without answering them, demand answers until you are satisfied.  In short, be a good town player.  While typing this yuma slipped in #767 above, which is great.  This is what you need to do; latch onto your questions and never let them go unanswered.  Don't just machine-gun suspicion all around and see what sticks.  the machine-gun suspicion play is super-scummy.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

I agree that Grujah really stands out for not posting much. Ditto for Axxle and ibgtennis. Glad to see O participating more now. I'm not sure any of the votes on him are warranted at the moment. I'm actually curious to hear what shraeye thinks of O now, since he made a point to vote for O in every damn post.
Cuzz I'm going to get to this, probably later tonight; I'm running late for a tennis match right now.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

@yuma

I honestly have been skimming most of the early day and missed your question.  Don't have a strong reaction to your case.  Idevice posting now.

As for the munch - no, I don't really want it, but why unvote?  Just more record keeping for robz - and as his double scum buddy - I have his back in this game. 

Time permitting, I will re read tonight and mega post.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile

Yuma, I don't claim jester every game. See: MX (town) MVIII (scum)

because after awhile jokes get old

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

@Shraeye - I read your post, I wanted to know what CAYVIE's reasoning was.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile

note that it's modconfirmed on page one that there's no jester in the game. otherwise it just makes so much sense.

conspiracy theory: a cult of jesters: clown cult. they all look sort of like chucky from the horror movies.

has anyone ever played with cults before? what do you do about them? how do they behave differently from ordinary town/mafia?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

There was a cult in Role Madness 1.  Galz was the leader and accidentally gobbled up all of the scum.  I don't know what we learned from it.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.