Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318864 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

wow, wow, wow!

what just happened... i felt that cayvie posted a post that to me was confusing and that I didn't understand. I asked for clarification and now I am rolefishing? What does any of this have to do with role fishing?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

for me: cayvie is normally so clear and specific in her writing... she has a focus and communicates it well. that is what she is known for by me. This is vague and confusing and is atypical for her. Really I have no idea what she is trying to communicate. If she can explain what it means in more depth I would consider removing my vote.
Mmmmm I don't like this one bit. Let's not compound a mistake. Eevee, shhhhhhh!
what?
Yeah, I totally meant cayvie. Their names sound alike in my head.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

I was about to vote for yuma too, but seems everyone else did it already.

But actually it takes 1619 to lynch so Vote: yuma, u be fishing too much and I don't really see how cayvie's post can be read as scummy.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

wow, wow, wow!

what just happened... i felt that cayvie posted a post that to me was confusing and that I didn't understand. I asked for clarification and now I am rolefishing? What does any of this have to do with role fishing?
You did a little more than "asked for clarification". That was a very blatant rolefish, and you also voted for cayvie in the same post. Seemed more like an accusation than a question to me.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

wow, wow, wow!

You played too well in ZM1 to not know what's going on here...so you know what, I still want tennis to stop lurking, but I'll go ahead and plop this down right here.

vote: Yuma

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Hey, I was going to try to disguise this but then I decided not to.

It's particularly bad for me (not specifying further) to be voting on a townie lynch, so, until I'm absolutely sure, I'm probably going to duck out of a lot of wagons before lynch.

That's... weird...

really really weird.... vote: cayvie
Wug? And here I was writing a "cayvie is probably town" note!

Yuma, why do you think that looks scummy? Same to eHalc if that's what you meant.
Because it's bad town play if you're town and it's obvious so you must be scum...

...which I don't actually think makes sense, so no vote from me, but really, Fos: Eevee.
Voltaire, what did you mean by this?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Ugh!

Let's go back to the beginning:

It's particularly bad for me (not specifying further) to be voting on a townie lynch, so, until I'm absolutely sure, I'm probably going to duck out of a lot of wagons before lynch.

I read this and honestly, had no idea what it meant. I couldn't tell who cayvie was talking to, what she was talking about. Truthfully, it looked to me like an accidental post, like she was trying to communicate something else, had edited it partially and then posted it on accident. That is why it looked scummy and why I voted it. It was a weird, weird post... especially the part about (not specifying further).  I had no idea as it having anything to do with roleclaiming or softclaiming or having anything to do with claiming.

But what I think it means no is that her role has some reason as to why she doesn't want to be part of wagons. Is that correct? Then why didn't she just say so?

But that isn't the point, if that is correct, then I made a mistake in reading her post and now town is going to pay the consequences of it if I get lynched. Sorry.

Here is my post.
for me: cayvie is normally so clear and specific in her writing... she has a focus and communicates it well. that is what she is known for by me. This is vague and confusing and is atypical for her. Really I have no idea what she is trying to communicate. If she can explain what it means in more depth I would consider removing my vote.

In this I say nothing about roles, or explaining more about roles, all I as for is that she explain it--it being her post, not her role!--more clearly, because I didn't understand it.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

vote: yuma

I have no idea how many this makes your wagon, but as soon as I read your post, my mind said vote yuma.  Then I read on and other people's mind worked this way.  Eevee was about to independently and got beat by everyone.  voltgloss got ninja'd by the first two votes while trying to do it.

This isn't people sheeping a bad read.  This is literally 4 different scum-radars going off at the same time.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

That's... weird...

Yuma, why do you think that looks scummy? Same to eHalc if that's what you meant.
Because it's bad town play if you're town and it's obvious so you must be scum...

...which I don't actually think makes sense, so no vote from me, but really, Fos: Eevee.
Voltaire, what did you mean by this?
I meant everything I said, but accidentally said you instead of cayvie. (see post #501)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Vote: Voltaire

It feels like you tried to drive a case against yuma and when it took off you joined the wagon.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

Vote: Voltaire

It feels like you tried to drive a case against yuma and when it took off you joined the wagon.
I actually wasn't - I was trying to make sure that my vote against Yuma (which I really wanted to make) wasn't piling on an accidental "scumslip," the history of which in f.ds is almost never actually a slip by scum (see C_F for the exception that proves the rule). Then, I realized this was Yuma we're talking about, and having just gone up against him in ZM1 I decided that town would know how terrible this is.

It could still be bad town play. But you are right - if it creates a wagon, that's delicious, delicious information for D2. I don't mind that one bit. I'll obviously pay attention to what happens from hereon out, but I'm comfortable with my vote here.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

Man, this game is interesting.

I feel like we crossed a threshold of players and wagons are forming lightning fast.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

@Voltaire
It is pretty weird though, you made the same mistake twice there?

@yuma
Cayvie says "just a heads up, my role doesn't want to be on townie lynch wagons, so I'll refrain for voting unless I'm really sure". You reply by voting for her and asking for an explanation. It shouldn't come as a shock to you that people want to vote you for this. If you are town, you made a pretty serious mistake (which sadly often are the basis of f.Ds day 1 lynch wagons), and should at the very least be apologizing, not acting all surprised by our reaction.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile

Ugh!

Let's go back to the beginning:

I read this and honestly, had no idea what it meant. I couldn't tell who cayvie was talking to, what she was talking about. Truthfully, it looked to me like an accidental post, like she was trying to communicate something else, had edited it partially and then posted it on accident. That is why it looked scummy and why I voted it. It was a weird, weird post... especially the part about (not specifying further).  I had no idea as it having anything to do with roleclaiming or softclaiming or having anything to do with claiming.

But what I think it means no is that her role has some reason as to why she doesn't want to be part of wagons. Is that correct? Then why didn't she just say so?

But that isn't the point, if that is correct, then I made a mistake in reading her post and now town is going to pay the consequences of it if I get lynched. Sorry.

Here is my post.

In this I say nothing about roles, or explaining more about roles, all I as for is that she explain it--it being her post, not her role!--more clearly, because I didn't understand it.

Hey man, that is not your original post.  Here's the order of events.  Cayvie talks.  You say

So this isn't speculation and curiosity alone by you, you backed it up with a vote for some reason.  I want you to explain why.
"Really I have no idea what she is trying to communicate. If she can explain what it means in more depth I would consider removing my vote."
If this were your only problem, you would not have voted as town.  Now since you wanted to reinforce "weird" vibes that people were getting from cayvie (i was getting those too) with a vote, this just seems to be a subtle push to get other "weird" thinkers to sheep you and have this instant-wagon on cayvie.  That feels really scummy.

Also, cayvie is right.  Her post does not tell all things, she made that intentional.  But it isn't confusing, it is crystal clear what she means to say with that.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

@Voltaire
It is pretty weird though, you made the same mistake twice there?

@yuma
Cayvie says "just a heads up, my role doesn't want to be on townie lynch wagons, so I'll refrain for voting unless I'm really sure". You reply by voting for her and asking for an explanation. It shouldn't come as a shock to you that people want to vote you for this. If you are town, you made a pretty serious mistake (which sadly often are the basis of f.Ds day 1 lynch wagons), and should at the very least be apologizing, not acting all surprised by our reaction.
Yes, that's correct. I'm surprised it's the first (and second) time(s) this mistake has made it into a post - I do it in my head all the time.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME START, DAY 1
« Reply #515 on: September 17, 2012, 06:33:12 pm »

Vote Count 1.7

shraeye (5) -- Axxle, ashersky, Morgrim7, watno
ehunt (2) -- Jotheonah, O
O (1) -- ftl
Glooble (2) -- Grujah, TheMunch
TheMunch (1) -- Captain_Frisk
Grujah (1) -- Glooble
cayvie (1) -- yuma
yuma (6) -- cayvie, Cuzz, Voltgloss, Eevee, Voltaire, shraeye
Voltaire (1) -- Insomniac

Not Voting (6) -- Young Nick, igbtennis, eHalcyon, Galzria, Dsell, ehunt

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch. Day 1 deadline is Saturday, September 29th at 1:00 PM (EDT)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

@yuma

but she doesn't say "your quote" she said what she said. And it was confusing to me.

And I did apologize:
But what I think it means now is that her role has some reason as to why she doesn't want to be part of wagons. Is that correct? Then why didn't she just say so?

assuming that my current interpretation of it is correct, as opposed to my previous complete lack of interpretation.

And I am not surprised people are voting for me if they think I rolefished, I am surprised that they thought I was rolefishing, because my original interpretation of her post had nothing to do with roles! And neither did my request for her to explain.

So this isn't speculation and curiosity alone by you, you backed it up with a vote for some reason.  I want you to explain why.
"Really I have no idea what she is trying to communicate. If she can explain what it means in more depth I would consider removing my vote."
If this were your only problem, you would not have voted as town.  Now since you wanted to reinforce "weird" vibes that people were getting from cayvie (i was getting those too) with a vote, this just seems to be a subtle push to get other "weird" thinkers to sheep you and have this instant-wagon on cayvie.  That feels really scummy.

Also, cayvie is right.  Her post does not tell all things, she made that intentional.  But it isn't confusing, it is crystal clear what she means to say with that.

I voted for her, because as I said before,
Truthfully, it looked to me like an accidental post, like she was trying to communicate something else, had edited it partially and then posted it on accident. That is why it looked scummy and why I voted it. It was a weird, weird post... especially the part about (not specifying further).  I had no idea as it having anything to do with roleclaiming or softclaiming or having anything to do with claiming.

Summary:

I don't rolefish. I have never rolefished. That isn't how I play mafia--I know you are interested in this meta discussion of myself, but I do think it is worth mentioning.

I felt my vote was justified to bring about a response, not a rolefish, to clarify her statement. I found it confusing and didn't understand what she was trying to say.

This whole investigation is blowing a mistake into something else and I feel even worse because it is providing scum with an opportunity to slide by into Day 2 w/o raising anyone's attention. If it does end up that I get lynched, I apologize for putting town in this position, but I do not apologize for rolefishing, because I didn't! Town is simply misinterpreting my post in the same way that I misinterpreted cayvies!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

yuma's explanation that he wanted cayvie to explain her post, not her role, seems plausible.  However, he never explains his vote until after he's prodded for it, which is scummy.

I had this whole post about how scummy voltaire's reaction to cayvie's post was, and then he says he was saying Eevee instead of cayvie.  gaddammit.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 17, 2012, 06:49:20 pm »

Vote Count 1.7

shraeye (5) -- Axxle, ashersky, Morgrim7, watno
ehunt (2) -- Jotheonah, O
O (1) -- ftl
Glooble (2) -- Grujah, TheMunch
TheMunch (1) -- Captain_Frisk
Grujah (1) -- Glooble
cayvie (1) -- yuma
yuma (6) -- cayvie, Cuzz, Voltgloss, Eevee, Voltaire, shraeye
Voltaire (1) -- Insomniac

Not Voting (6) -- Young Nick, igbtennis, eHalcyon, Galzria, Dsell, ehunt

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch. Day 1 deadline is Saturday, September 29th at 1:00 PM (EDT)

i see yuma's wagon has 2 volts, but shraeye's has a wat.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 17, 2012, 06:52:18 pm »

i see yuma's wagon has 2 volts, but shraeye's has a wat.
+1

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

yuma's explanation that he wanted cayvie to explain her post, not her role, seems plausible.  However, he never explains his vote until after he's prodded for it, which is scummy.

I had this whole post about how scummy voltaire's reaction to cayvie's post was, and then he says he was saying Eevee instead of cayvie.  gaddammit.

do you mean prodded after I had been voted 5+ times or prodded immediately after I voted by Eevee?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

Sorry to take all the fun out of it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

That's... weird...

No, I just meant that it was weird.

It suggests that cayvie has a role that punishes her for lynching a townie.  I can see that being a scum modifier, but I can see it being townie as well.  So it's neutral.  And weird, because I don't think we've ever seen that kind of setup.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile

Ok so now my being new gets to show its true colors.  I was very confused about all the goings on and the huge wagon that formed on yuma.  I too was confused by Cayvie's post, mostly because I feel like I dont know the roles well enough and really had no idea what should could be hinting at.  But I wasn't so confused that I would ever vote for Cayvie.  Yuma does vote for Cayvie and he got a lot of heat for it.  I read through everything very carefully; me being confused about Cayvie's post doesn't help me not side with Yuma's desire for clarification.  But, ok, let me believe for a second that Yuma knows better.  It wasn't until this that I was really convinced:

Yuma was trying to defend a million accusations and let this bad boy slip.  I am fresher than a baby's bottom and even I was not impressed by this line.  I feel like its way over the top to try to get everyone invested with you not being lynched.  You said "hey this is a huge mistake to kill me day 1... you'll be sorry," on the day where more likely than not we are going to kill town anyway and I honestly dont feel you'd be a huge loss.  I dont like being told the defense of "i'm too important to town to kill" and I've already called out, I believe, ehunt for doing the same thing.  It seems like a drastic overraction and quite quite scummy.  You get my Vote: Yuma.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Ok so now my being new gets to show its true colors.  I was very confused about all the goings on and the huge wagon that formed on yuma.  I too was confused by Cayvie's post, mostly because I feel like I dont know the roles well enough and really had no idea what should could be hinting at.  But I wasn't so confused that I would ever vote for Cayvie.  Yuma does vote for Cayvie and he got a lot of heat for it.  I read through everything very carefully; me being confused about Cayvie's post doesn't help me not side with Yuma's desire for clarification.  But, ok, let me believe for a second that Yuma knows better.  It wasn't until this that I was really convinced:

Yuma was trying to defend a million accusations and let this bad boy slip.  I am fresher than a baby's bottom and even I was not impressed by this line.  I feel like its way over the top to try to get everyone invested with you not being lynched.  You said "hey this is a huge mistake to kill me day 1... you'll be sorry," on the day where more likely than not we are going to kill town anyway and I honestly dont feel you'd be a huge loss.  I dont like being told the defense of "i'm too important to town to kill" and I've already called out, I believe, ehunt for doing the same thing.  It seems like a drastic overraction and quite quite scummy.  You get my Vote: Yuma.

You missed the sentence before the one you quoted.  here is the full quote

This whole investigation is blowing a mistake into something else and I feel even worse because it is providing scum with an opportunity to slide by into Day 2 w/o raising anyone's attention. If it does end up that I get lynched, I apologize for putting town in this position,

I may or may not be too important to lynch day 1, but my mistake is truly bad because it potentially allows for an easy lynch target that allow scum to slip into day 2 w/o any effort.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 20 queries.