Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318873 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile

vote:Ehunt

vote: Dsell as promised, although it's a stretch to argue that this post is substance. O, I would like you to please make a post explaining why you are voting for me.

I was scared for a minute when he voted for you that you wouldn't deliver on your promise!

Oh and ehunt, I would like you to please make a post explaining why you are voting for me.

I already did. You Morgrim-hunted, then when called out on it, said it was RVS, exactly like Frisk when he was scum in MIX. I unvoted you because the double-vote I thought made you "hated" which I thought was more likely to be townie than scum, but when that theory was disproven I said I'd revote for you once we heard from O, which is what I just did. None of these claims are new.

RVS...I do not think it means what you think it means...

It's a stage that includes random and joke voting. Did you really think I was trying to get someone policy lynched on the first pages of a 25-player game before that person had posted anything? Sheesh. I unvoted like...the next page.

Oh hey did I say I unvoted the next page? I meant the VERY SAME PAGE. Yikes.

OK, I went back to write a scathing post with quotations proving that you only unvoted after someone called you out for morgrim-hunting, which is a scumtell, but upon re-read, you're just correct on this argument. unvote

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile

vote:Ehunt

vote: Dsell as promised, although it's a stretch to argue that this post is substance. O, I would like you to please make a post explaining why you are voting for me.

I was scared for a minute when he voted for you that you wouldn't deliver on your promise!

Oh and ehunt, I would like you to please make a post explaining why you are voting for me.

I already did. You Morgrim-hunted, then when called out on it, said it was RVS, exactly like Frisk when he was scum in MIX. I unvoted you because the double-vote I thought made you "hated" which I thought was more likely to be townie than scum, but when that theory was disproven I said I'd revote for you once we heard from O, which is what I just did. None of these claims are new.

RVS...I do not think it means what you think it means...

It's a stage that includes random and joke voting. Did you really think I was trying to get someone policy lynched on the first pages of a 25-player game before that person had posted anything? Sheesh. I unvoted like...the next page.

Oh hey did I say I unvoted the next page? I meant the VERY SAME PAGE. Yikes.

OK, I went back to write a scathing post with quotations proving that you only unvoted after someone called you out for morgrim-hunting, which is a scumtell, but upon re-read, you're just correct on this argument. unvote

(translation from terrible sentence to english: DSell is not guilty of the crime of which I accused him.)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

It's ok ehunt, I forgive you. I'm just glad that your one-post-a-day rule is letting you keep such a clear head.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile

It's ok ehunt, I forgive you. I'm just glad that your one-post-a-day rule is letting you keep such a clear head.

can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, but, clearly, the one-post-a-day-rule is not working and my head is not clear :-)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, but, clearly, the one-post-a-day-rule is not working and my head is not clear :-)

It was definitely sarcastic. Tbh I'm acti(ve)-lurking a bit right now because I find that staying out of the main arguments helps my reads somewhat day 1. Before everyone goes ballistic, I did this same thing on day 1 of BMV and almost drove a successful wagon on scum and FOS'd another...I can't really talk about that game yet since it's ongoing but you can go look for yourselves.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

It was definitely sarcastic. Tbh I'm acti(ve)-lurking a bit right now because I find that staying out of the main arguments helps my reads somewhat day 1. Before everyone goes ballistic, I did this same thing on day 1 of BMV and almost drove a successful wagon on scum and FOS'd another...I can't really talk about that game yet since it's ongoing but you can go look for yourselves.

Only useful if we assume you're not scum yourself.  And since you're still alive, we can't know that, can we?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Only useful if we assume you're not scum yourself.  And since you're still alive, we can't know that, can we?

Nope, you can't! But day 1 is such a crapshoot as it is that I figured it couldn't really hurt. If I see something that is legitimately scummy or what have you, I'll point it out. But making mountains of molehills only helps scum.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

TheMunch! No editing posts!

Policy Vote: TheMunch to make sure he doesn't miss this.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

Vote: O .

O has a habit of using "lolz I'm O" to disguise seriously scummy behavior when he's scum. Medical mafia, where he jumped on my RVS wagon with the "hey I'm me I just trOll and am not scummy" justification. I haven't forgotten. And it's working, too! He made a post, got a vote and a postcount, somebody unvoted him, and he's still said nothing!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME START, DAY 1
« Reply #459 on: September 17, 2012, 03:28:59 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

igbtennis (1) -- Insomniac
shraeye (7) -- Cayvie, Glooble, Axxle, ashersky, Morgrim7, watno
ehunt (4) -- Jotheonah, TheMunch, Eevee, O
Voltgloss (1) -- shraeye
O (2) -- Voltaire, ftl
Glooble (1) -- Grujah
TheMunch (1) -- Captain_Frisk

Not Voting (9) -- Voltgloss, Young Nick, Cuzz, igbtennis, eHalcyon, Galzria, Dsell, yuma, ehunt

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch. Day 1 deadline is Saturday, September 29th at 1:00 PM (EDT)

***A reminder: NO EDITING POSTS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, THEMUNCH***
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Shraeye still has 7 votes, wow. Only 6 visible players I know, but still.. Lets not lynch him today.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

Well, O, your posts have been extremely unsatisfying but at least you showed up. So now I will vote: igbtennis to try to get the last lurker.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Also Galz you haven't been your usual self this game, whats goin on over there? Playing an SK role?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

This somehow reminds me of Homestar runner - with constant references to "TheCheat"

A quality example:

The Cheat Is GROUNDED
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail45.html
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

This somehow reminds me of Homestar runner - with constant references to "TheCheat"

A quality example:

The Cheat Is GROUNDED

+1 still one of my favourite sbemails topped only by "dragon"
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Also Galz you haven't been your usual self this game, whats goin on over there? Playing an SK role?
SK-hunting being a scumtell is one of the few scumtells I think actually are work somewhat often. FoS: Insomniac!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

A quality example:

The Cheat Is GROUNDED

I am considering a vote on him until he changes his avatar to TheCheat.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Can you elaborate? I'm not a Serial Killer however. I kind of wish that I was though, it'd be really fun to play one of these games, even if I was likely to lose. I'm not sure which Galzria meta would show up, town or scum... Or something new entirely? IDK. It'd be fun. But not today, no. Not this game.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

SK-hunting being a scumtell is one of the few scumtells I think actually are work somewhat often. FoS: Insomniac!

I can answer this and Galz's question in one point So I'll add Galz's post.

Can you elaborate? I'm not a Serial Killer however. I kind of wish that I was though, it'd be really fun to play one of these games, even if I was likely to lose. I'm not sure which Galzria meta would show up, town or scum... Or something new entirely? IDK. It'd be fun. But not today, no. Not this game.

You're not normally quite loud as scum or as town and this game I've found you to be a lot quieter and more pulled back then normal.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

So do we think we are going to be able to reach a majority vote? I am asking because I am afraid of what happened in MVIII and this has way more players?

Is there anything we need to do to make sure we don't have a no lynch? I know someone mentioned implementing a soft deadline in MXII--although they have that different time schedule with overlapping time, so that could nullify rationale to put a soft deadline on us.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

I can answer this and Galz's question in one point So I'll add Galz's post.

You're not normally quite loud as scum or as town and this game I've found you to be a lot quieter and more pulled back then normal.

Well, to be fair, I missed all of yesterday because I ran a marathon in the morning, came home and got drunk with lots of pain killers, and passed out for the day. I was very active (arguably one of the most active) the first day, and made a massive post today to get myself back in and all caught up - and I've been active since then.

I'm also (don't ask me why) reading every post in ZM-2 and M-XII, and chatting it up in their respective QT's. Why I didn't just play them, I have no clue.

Anyway, I digress. Nope, not scum here, of any variety. And I'm trying to be "loud" or at the very least "active", but not only do I often hold back D1, but in a town this large, it's rather hard to "drive" the town in a way that you're used to Galzria doing.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile

Sorry for editing my post!  I seriously didn't know this was not a thing you were supposed to do.  When writing my post I realized that I had used a double negative someplace so I changed it and had it saying "town" in a place that should have said "scum" given the changes to the negations of some statements for clarity.  For hilarity I will change my avatar to the cheat shortly.  Also why is editing posts a bad thing? It has a timestamp so you know that I did it right after I posted.  I could see why you wouldn't want someone to edit their post from forever ago though.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Sorry for editing my post!  I seriously didn't know this was not a thing you were supposed to do.  When writing my post I realized that I had used a double negative someplace so I changed it and had it saying "town" in a place that should have said "scum" given the changes to the negations of some statements for clarity.  For hilarity I will change my avatar to the cheat shortly.  Also why is editing posts a bad thing? It has a timestamp so you know that I did it right after I posted.  I could see why you wouldn't want someone to edit their post from forever ago though.

I understand that you didn't alter it with nefarious intentions, but it has to be strictly prohibited, so we don't even have to wonder about why anything was edited. If you wish to fix errors, please just re-post and explain what you did wrong.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

And I like your new avatar, if only because Young Nick is also the Isotropic Contraband, and this will be less confusing when he returns.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

For hilarity I will change my avatar to the cheat shortly.

You need to post elsewhere in the forum so I can give you some +1 post love
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 16 queries.