Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318860 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME START, DAY 1
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2012, 04:16:41 pm »

In other news there are like umpteen million people in this game, and some of them are brand new to f.ds forum mafia. And some of them only played games I didn't read. So if you guys want to do the standard introduction, tell us how much mafia you've played/read and where, that would be helpful!
Even though you probably read my game, since you modded it, I played quite a lot of (German) Mafia in a BSW forum a while ago.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2012, 04:55:18 pm »

I have no post restrictions (seems like none of us have any?).
I'm drunk now so won't participate in the RVS I so hate until tomorrow (please let it be over by then!). I plan on playing an active game and being wrong all the time, so you'll all see more of me than you'd want.
One little bit of strategy advice for all townies (if you are scum, please don't
read forward!): Start taking notes NOW! I guarantee keeping up with a town this big will be impossible without constant and active notetaking. Seriously I really mean this. Do it.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2012, 04:59:26 pm »

I have no post restrictions (seems like none of us have any?).
I'm drunk now so won't participate in the RVS I so hate until tomorrow (please let it be over by then!). I plan on playing an active game and being wrong all the time, so you'll all see more of me than you'd want.
One little bit of strategy advice for all townies (if you are scum, please don't
read forward!): Start taking notes NOW! I guarantee keeping up with a town this big will be impossible without constant and active notetaking. Seriously I really mean this. Do it.

Yeah that's probably a good idea. This game is one third again as large as the next largest game i've been in.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2012, 05:02:14 pm »

Just finished a several games of Magic, I am getting way too hooked on that thing :P

I think there isn't that much to talk now, so, I think it is at least of some usefullness to get through everybody's meta, as it influences things. Here is what I think of everyone, sans any alignment/role bias (I.e. I don't considering Morg being VT often "a meta"):

1. Ftl - ugh... wagon-happy?
2. Voltgloss - Bossy, in-charge kinda guy, mysterious/hard to read.
3. Eevee - jokey, friendly attitude which tends to seem scummy to those who do not know him.
4. Grujah - hi! Somebody else do me.
5. Insomniac - Agressive, scummy at start, bad at surviving (usually gets shot)
6. Glooble - Lurky, shadowy.
7. Dsell - Calculated!
8. Jotheonah - not serious, aloof, light-hearted, distrusts elaborate defenses?
9. Young Nick - uh, no idea.
10. Voltaire - neither.
11. Axxle - helpful, experienced, bad at defending himself.
12. O - trolly, direct ?
13. Cayvie - agressive and kill-inviting, kinda like insomniac.
14. Shraeye - ugh.. longposty?
15. Cuzz - no idea.
16. Yuma - Shadowy, careful.
17. igbtennis - no idea.
18. TheMunch - no idea.
19. Morgrim7 - crazy like a fox, sheeps reads, hammers, though he improved recently and plays actually more normal now.
20. EHalcyon - Elaborate, friendly ?
21. Watno - no idea.
22. Galzria - confident, ugh.. I am not sure of the english word, but.. thorough-y? therille?
23. Captain_Frisk - Fakeclaim prone, i guess?
24. ehunt - theory prone, general statement making prone.
25. ashersky - no idea.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2012, 05:02:59 pm »

Actually, Voltgloss is way more throughout/therille/whatever-the-word-i-want is than Galz, now that I think of it.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 15, 2012, 05:08:05 pm »

Actually, Voltgloss is way more throughout/therille/whatever-the-word-i-want is than Galz, now that I think of it.

Thorough?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 15, 2012, 05:09:52 pm »

What I mean by that is..

He goes to read things that happened and reads everything and considers everything and so. Maybe that goes under elaborate as well.

Also, Volt is against no-lynch, thats he's meta too.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 15, 2012, 05:29:27 pm »

My meta definitely should include my naivety (=the tendency of automatically trusting anyone who bothers to make long posts and generally appears insightful). Also, regarding people always suspecting me, it's worth noting, I've played in every single game after mafia III (which was my first game) and I've been town in every game but that (not counting Frisk's bastard game because no one had any clue of what the heck was going on there). So, despite lots of people suspecting me in a lot of games, I've always been town! I actually think this is rather important.

Grujah's meta is a tough one.. I'd say it's mostly him being a bold but a skilled player. He played his role very well in major arcana, and surviving until the very end as lovers with morgrim in VI was quite impressive too. I'd say he is a bit like Insomniac andO in that after he picks a target, he isn't likely to change his mind.

I don't know if I should say this, but since if I'm right, scum will knowthis too, I will. I assume the veterans, such as Galzria, jotheonah, Insomniac and O (and others ofc, you know who you are) will have some sort of special roles. I can't see Robz making Galzria a VT for example. That either town power roles or scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 15, 2012, 05:36:23 pm »

I don't know if I should say this, but since if I'm right, scum will knowthis too, I will. I assume the veterans, such as Galzria, jotheonah, Insomniac and O (and others ofc, you know who you are) will have some sort of special roles. I can't see Robz making Galzria a VT for example. That either town power roles or scum.

You have to wonder to if his anti-newbie stance will have carried over into this meta as well.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 15, 2012, 05:40:43 pm »

You have to wonder to if his anti-newbie stance will have carried over into this meta as well.

Robz is never going to get to live down his taking the "when in doubt, lynch a newbie" approach in a newbie mafia game:)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2012, 06:25:39 pm »

All right hi guys.
First, I wanted to say that I had bet $5 on me having a vote before I arrived. -sigh-
Its still to early really to have a decent read, so not much to say. I also wanted to say that we should really get D1 going because I predict everyone will get strong reads on townies, some wagons will form, then diminish, and the scum get a nice cozy town lynch.

That being said, lets get started. I would like to FoS: everyone on the Dsell wagon. You all know that his vote for me was all in good fun, and he wasn't doing it out of true suspicion. You also know that the Dsell wagon
A) Probably isn't very smart
B) Probably isn't going to go over
C) Probably is not in the best interest of the town.
Yes, I know, D1 lynches usually are pretty random, but lets get som reads first.
Also, one more thing:
Don't throw votes around lightly. Its annoying to the mod, and without purpose, those votes don't help the town. And for sake of sanity and because I don't want to wake up with 15 pages to read, lets nix the fluff and nutter, and only say things that you think will contribute to a town win (scum may do otherwise, as it is probably in their best intrest. I have never been scum, so I don't know…mafia pros, come and help me out here :) ). Because, a town win is the object of the game, right?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2012, 06:30:42 pm »

Galz's meta is the he likes to run the town, whether as town or mafia. Posts a lot. I can't read him at all.

Voltgloss always has these careful, calculating posts as scum. I don't actually know his town meta, he was scum in the games in which I remember him most (MIX and BMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM)

I like to think I can read Morg pretty well, though so far it's been pretty easy because every single game he's been town and I've always gone "DON'T LYNCH MORG HE'S PLAYING LIKE HE ALWAYS PLAYS TOWN" but one of these days he'll be scum and catch everyone off-guard...

I remember scum O using his usual "I'm O!!" to justify really scummy votes, but I guess he plays like that as town, too.

"Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post." <--ugggg this game is going to be like this the entire time

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 15, 2012, 06:39:18 pm »

[...]
Don't throw votes around lightly. Its annoying to the mod, and without purpose, those votes don't help the town. And for sake of sanity and because I don't want to wake up with 15 pages to read, lets nix the fluff and nutter, and only say things that you think will contribute to a town win (scum may do otherwise, as it is probably in their best intrest. I have never been scum, so I don't know…mafia pros, come and help me out here :) ). Because, a town win is the object of the game, right?

You need advice on how to play as scum? Also, are you someone else than the Morgrim who played in previous games?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- ROLES SENT
« Reply #263 on: September 15, 2012, 07:02:53 pm »

SK-hunting during RVS, that's gotta be a scumtell right?

Wait, I'm pretty sure that SK-hunting-hunting is a scumtell.  O and ehunt both told me so.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2012, 07:26:43 pm »

Sure, here's mine.

1. Ftl - Somehow manages to stay behind the scenes while saying substance. Not sure how.
2. Voltgloss - Scheming as scum. Not sure I've ever seen you as town.
3. Eevee - Impossible to read. Always very friendly. Have I seen you as scum?
4. Grujah - Hates Morgrim.
5. Insomniac - Alternates between wildly irrational and insightful, whether town or scum. I don't understand how your brain works, Ins ;)
6. Glooble - Lurkerscum. Never seen you as town.
7. Dsell - Kinda deadpan.
8. Jotheonah - Very excited when he thinks he's caught scum.
9. Young Nick - none
10. Voltaire - none
11. Axxle - Perceptive but bad at rhetoric. I don't know you as scum.
12. O - Dangerous. The hardest player to read.
13. Cayvie - Best player, always obvtown.
14. Shraeye - good reads as town.
15. Cuzz - none really. Kinda lurkerscum.
16. Yuma - I think your reputation preceded you for me. I am always worried that you'll turn out to be scum, and you're town.
17. igbtennis - none
18. TheMunch - none
19. Morgrim7 - To stereotype, ADHD. More careful when he has a power role? Or maybe just more careful recently?
20. EHalcyon - uff. What, we were in VI together? And you died real fast? Idk.
21. Watno - very cautious as town.
22. Galzria - Lies well. Very good reads. Slightly overconfident/blustery as scum.
23. Captain_Frisk - Excellent as town, gets caught as scum.
24. ehunt - Good instincts as town, but doesn't trust them enough.
25. ashersky - none

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2012, 07:29:56 pm »

Oh yeah, at one point Frisk tended to make a lot of snarky side comments as scum. I think he's changed that up as of MIX, though.

she/her

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2012, 07:57:01 pm »

Imma interrupt the meta-reads everyone is giving.  How is any of this useful at all?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2012, 08:02:39 pm »

Imma interrupt the meta-reads everyone is giving.  How is any of this useful at all?

I dunno but it's kinda fun to see what other people think of my playstyle.  ;D

But seriously I don't see how this helps much.

I selfishly like and agree with what morgrim said about my wagon, but I've said before that whenever morgrim looks town he's obvscum. Anyway it's really too early to tell anything. It's a horrible Pandora's box in a game this size, but I do wish there was more conversation happening in here. Idk if there's enough here to really be suspicious of anyone but there's definitely some stuff to discuss.

Such as, me? Deadpan? Naaaaah... :P
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2012, 08:07:10 pm »

Also it's really true that I was extremely calculating as scum (I was in my second and third games, MIV and RMM1, respectively), but in a game this size there's too much content to analyze everything. I'm going to have to trust reads a bit more and look at specifics rather than the whole big picture, at least on day 1 and 2.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2012, 09:36:54 pm »

[...]

You need advice on how to play as scum? Also, are you someone else than the Morgrim who played in previous games?
I have never been scum.
People on the Dsell wagon, please unvote. And Dsell, you should to.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2012, 09:46:55 pm »

why should they unvote? voting is how you make your voice heard in this game. Yes rvs is silly and not necessary but it is part of the game! as for the votes being annoying for robz... he is on often enough to stay on top of them, vote counting is part of being a mod. Robz knows this. If you don't like counting votes don't be a mod.

Being stingy with your vote in this game will result in one thing. A no-lynch. That didn't work in mviii and I doubt it would work here.

I have never been scum.
People on the Dsell wagon, please unvote. And Dsell, you should to.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2012, 09:47:43 pm »

Ug... Messed up with the quote. You guys can figure out what I was trying to say

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2012, 09:50:05 pm »

Vote: Dsell

just to annoy Morgrim. also what if this is how scum Morgrim plays - gets absurdly defensive of his scumbuddy lauhgably early in the game? Food for thought.

But actually, Unvote.

I'm not making a meta list - it would take forever and accomplish very little. But I'm loving people's reads on me. @cayvie, damn right I get excited when I catch scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2012, 10:11:07 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

Dsell (5) -- Cayvie, ftl, ehunt, Axxle

Not Voting (21) -- Voltgloss, Eevee, Grujah, Insomniac, Glooble, Young Nick, Voltaire, O, Shraeye, Cuzz, Yuma, igbtennis, TheMunch, Morgrim7, eHalcyon, Watno, Captain_Frisk, ashersky, Galzria, Jotheonah, Dsell
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:08:56 am by Robz888 »
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2012, 10:12:03 pm »

is that a typo? (4 with 3 names)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.