Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 318831 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- ROLES SENT
« Reply #225 on: September 15, 2012, 01:52:38 pm »

##Is there a plurality rule for early day deadlines?##

No. We will be using simple majority at all times. If no player receives 13 votes by the end of Day 1, we will have a No Lynch.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 15, 2012, 01:55:06 pm »

Hey Dsell, what was up with your jotheonah vote a few mins ago?

Clearly working out BMV post-restriction rage. I'm surprised there aren't more votess on me in that vein.  :P

The odds say Galz is town! If jo is so convinced they're not on the same team, must mean jo is mafia! FOOLPROOF.
I was actually thinking the exact same thing.

Vote: Jotheonah

you guys know this logic is terrible, right?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 15, 2012, 01:58:59 pm »

Hey Dsell, what was up with your jotheonah vote a few mins ago?

Clearly working out BMV post-restriction rage. I'm surprised there aren't more votess on me in that vein.  :P

The odds say Galz is town! If jo is so convinced they're not on the same team, must mean jo is mafia! FOOLPROOF.
I was actually thinking the exact same thing.

Vote: Jotheonah

you guys know this logic is terrible, right?
And yet it's the only logic we have.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME START, DAY 1
« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2012, 02:02:24 pm »

So. Huh. 13 to lynch.

That'll be... interesting.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 15, 2012, 02:03:35 pm »

you guys forget, I've never ever been mafia in a normal game. Galz has.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2012, 02:04:27 pm »

I've also never been lynched D1!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2012, 02:05:04 pm »

I've also never been lynched D1!

Clearly you're unlynchable D1 in this game!

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2012, 02:07:13 pm »

Joth is fighting *way* too hard for just one vote on him.

Also:

They will be subtly based on aspects of players personalities. (For example, the following line of thinking will not work in this game: "Jotheonah has twice been the Serial Killer, so he's probably the Serial Killer in this game.") Furthermore, some roles and alignments WILL be determined randomly.

We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2012, 02:07:37 pm »

M-XI, my 9th regular Mafia game. In my first 8, I'm 7 town, 1 scum. Feels like I've been scum more, doesn't it? Just goes to prove my point about myself: "town that always appears scummy? Yes."
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2012, 02:08:42 pm »

M-XI, my 9th regular Mafia game. In my first 8, I'm 7 town, 1 scum. Feels like I've been scum more, doesn't it? Just goes to prove my point about myself: "town that always appears scummy? Yes."

my meta for you is "terrible roles"

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2012, 02:09:47 pm »

my meta for you is "terrible roles"

THIS. omg, this. And again: This.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2012, 02:13:21 pm »

Cayvie has played in 2 games. Both town. She's been on two lynch wagons. Both against scum. Cayvie = IC with instincts like a hawk.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2012, 02:16:52 pm »

Does this mean we've almost always been on the same team when we've fought each other?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2012, 02:20:31 pm »

In other news there are like umpteen million people in this game, and some of them are brand new to f.ds forum mafia. And some of them only played games I didn't read. So if you guys want to do the standard introduction, tell us how much mafia you've played/read and where, that would be helpful!

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 15, 2012, 02:22:32 pm »

Does this mean we've almost always been on the same team when we've fought each other?

M-II: no
M-III: no
M-IV: yes
M-V: You were mod
M-VI: yes
M-VII: you didn't play
M-VIII: you didn't play
M-IX: you didn't play
M-X: neither of us played
M-XI: ???

So no, we're 50/50.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:08 pm »

In other news there are like umpteen million people in this game, and some of them are brand new to f.ds forum mafia. And some of them only played games I didn't read. So if you guys want to do the standard introduction, tell us how much mafia you've played/read and where, that would be helpful!

Actually, with that, I'm going to shut up for awhile and go get lunch. Let's get some new voices in here. This thread is already going to be impossible to keep up with.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2012, 02:25:58 pm »

Actually, with that, I'm going to shut up for awhile and go get lunch. Let's get some new voices in here. This thread is already going to be impossible to keep up with.

Seconded. Only replace lunch with nap.

He/him

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2012, 02:33:17 pm »

Looking over the player list, I see ibgtennis! Yay tennis! ObvIC, because tennis is awesome.

Vote: Dsell for Morgrim-hunting.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2012, 02:45:05 pm »

Hey everyone.

First, Robz says very explicitly in the intro post that, although roles will be tweaked to personalities as exhibited in past mafia games, the probability that a given player is scum will not be. So most of the Robz-speculation is irrelevant. Moreover, anything we logic out will almost certainly help scum (who have more information) more than town. For example, if I logically deduce "there cannot be a tracker" but mafia knows that there is a tracker, then mafia will realize that the tracker isn't me, and it will make their hunt for power-roles either. So I'm not crazy about the Robz-speculation phase.

Second, I think Morgrim-hunting is a scumtell. Which is to say, vote: Dsell. I don't like how you characterized your vote as being a policy vote and then decided later that it was actually an RVS vote. ScumFrisk did exactly that in MIX (sadly, scumVoltgloss convinced a whole bunch of scum and a couple townies that Morgrim-hunting-hunting was the scumtell. Moral: Morgrim-hunting^n is a scumtell if and only if n is odd (n=0 is the case of just being Morgrim, which is neutral)).

Third, I want to encourage everyone to be very cautious about naming your card name or revealing anything about your card name (like if it is action, treasure, curse, etc.). As far as I can tell it doesn't function to provide "named townies" (since we are told it's possible for multiple folks to share a card). I am concerned that we will have a repeat of MIX, where there were scum power roles that benefitted from knowing names of cards (or, more accurately, suits). In particular, I think it's not best to reveal your card name even if you are at L - 1 since the card name does nothing to prove your alignment and may help scum, who have a lot more information.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2012, 02:51:15 pm »

In particular, I think it's not best to reveal your card name even if you are at L - 1 since the card name does nothing to prove your alignment and may help scum, who have a lot more information.

I wonder how you come to know how much information the scum have. The absence of a "may" in that statement speaks volumes.

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »

Before I get called out for lurking I just wanna let people know I'm v/la all weekend (phone posting atm but won't have too much opportunity for that). Hopefully won't go the way of pps D1 of BMV. See you Monday afternoon.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 15, 2012, 03:04:12 pm »

In particular, I think it's not best to reveal your card name even if you are at L - 1 since the card name does nothing to prove your alignment and may help scum, who have a lot more information.

I wonder how you come to know how much information the scum have. The absence of a "may" in that statement speaks volumes.
Mafia: an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2012, 03:05:04 pm »

Second, I think Morgrim-hunting is a scumtell. Which is to say, vote: Dsell. I don't like how you characterized your vote as being a policy vote and then decided later that it was actually an RVS vote. ScumFrisk did exactly that in MIX (sadly, scumVoltgloss convinced a whole bunch of scum and a couple townies that Morgrim-hunting-hunting was the scumtell. Moral: Morgrim-hunting^n is a scumtell if and only if n is odd (n=0 is the case of just being Morgrim, which is neutral)).
Vote: DSell

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2012, 03:14:38 pm »

Before I get called out for lurking I just wanna let people know I'm v/la all weekend (phone posting atm but won't have too much opportunity for that). Hopefully won't go the way of pps D1 of BMV. See you Monday afternoon.

If you don't vote for yourself (twice!) you won't go the way of pps D1 of BMV.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2012, 03:19:11 pm »

I do not consider my role to be reflective of my past games or my personality. Just throwing that out there.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.