Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: So how many people actually got into this round of beta?  (Read 10564 times)

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
So how many people actually got into this round of beta?
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:35:32 pm »
+2

Some day...
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Schlippy

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
Re: So how many people actually got into this round of beta?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 02:56:06 am »
+1

I didn't. I have yet to receive a single e-mail from them.
Signed up weeks (months already?) ago and there was not a single mail sent to my account. Not for an invite, not a confirmation mail and even not any mail when they were supposed to release it to the public.
And it is not like something on my side might block such a mail. I have a private mail server running that blocks nothing at no point, I filter mails locally only. It is also not the case, that I signed up with a wrong e-mail address, as I signed up several times by now.
I do upload some Dominion videos on youtube now. :)

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 04:38:58 am »

I received a thanks for registering for the beta email right away, but have yet to be invited.  Never made it in the exclusive f.ds rounds either.

If they couldn't handle public launch, my guess is they'll have to take it extra slow adding new testers.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

brianon

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:30:04 am »

Seems to me that nobody has yet gotten into this round of beta. I signed up when the first beta invites were starting and as yet have no invite. Got a twitter response to say they'll get around to everyone soon  ::)

enquerencia

• Navigator
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:48:26 am »

Does this sound familiar?

"Hi ___________,

Thank you for your interest in joining the Goko Beta.  Once admitted, you'll be able to play our launch games like Dominion and try out our game site.

We're adding people as quickly as we can.  As soon as we have more room, we'll add you to the beta.  At that time, we'll send you an email with your login information.

The Goko Team"

hfxRos

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 08:09:03 am »

I was in the original beta, but my username/password don't seem to work for the current beta. Does anyone know if I have to re-apply to beta test or if the new beta version just isn't up yet?

(I can still access the v378 beta build, but I'm sure that's not what they are interested in testing at this point)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 01:45:04 pm »

I was in the original beta, but my username/password don't seem to work for the current beta. Does anyone know if I have to re-apply to beta test or if the new beta version just isn't up yet?

(I can still access the v378 beta build, but I'm sure that's not what they are interested in testing at this point)
Make sure you use the username/password they originally emailed you when you get the pop-up box, not the one you registered with. Once you click Login later, then you use the info you registered.

This tripped me up too.

hfxRos

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 02:29:34 pm »

So http://dominion.goko.com/Dominion/v378/gameClient.html is still where I should be going?

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 05:49:18 pm »

So http://dominion.goko.com/Dominion/v378/gameClient.html is still where I should be going?
As far as I know, yes. There has been zero activity in the Goko beta forums for days, and v378 is an older version that what was supposed to be available during the launch. So I'm not even sure if they are still paying attention to the beta at all.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 05:52:41 pm »

As far as I know, yes. There has been zero activity in the Goko beta forums for days, and v378 is an older version that what was supposed to be available during the launch. So I'm not even sure if they are still paying attention to the beta at all.

This is my understanding as well.  They haven't responded to queries on the ipbhost board, on getsatisfaction as to what (if anything) they would like us to be doing.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 05:54:27 pm »
+2

This is my understanding as well.  They haven't responded to queries on the ipbhost board, on getsatisfaction as to what (if anything) they would like us to be doing.

Maybe we've all been fired for insubordination.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 05:57:57 pm »
+1

Maybe they are too busy motivating their developers.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 05:59:53 pm »

I expected this - even thought that it had happened at one point when I couldn't log in - I even joked about it on their boards, but they claimed that they appreciate the feedback and that they hadn't punted us.

Wizard of Woz

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 11:05:07 am »

I was in the original, and now I am able to get into the new one.  Seems like they have updated quite a few cosmetic things. I can't speak for the rest, though, by the looks of the leaderboards, there are a lot of regulars from here playing on there.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 11:14:34 am »
+1

I was in the original, and now I am able to get into the new one.  Seems like they have updated quite a few cosmetic things. I can't speak for the rest, though, by the looks of the leaderboards, there are a lot of regulars from here playing on there.

Is it still v378 for you?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 11:16:32 am »

v378 is what loads for me - but my username / password don't log me in any more.

bedlam

• Bishop
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 12:04:03 pm »

Make sure you use the username/password they originally emailed you when you get the pop-up box, not the one you registered with. Once you click Login later, then you use the info you registered.

This tripped me up too.

Is it possible for me to use the original username/password that was emailed to someone if they've chosen to not participate in the beta anymore? I'd like to get in there and see what Goko is all about.

Would someone be willing to give me theirs?

Or is this type of thing not recommended?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:07:20 pm by bedlam »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 12:18:42 pm »

Or is this type of thing not recommended?
This. Definitely un-kosher.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 01:44:18 pm »

I am also curious. Is there another Beta going on? Is it the same type?

Wizard of Woz

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 11:10:28 am »

It is listed as v378.  Looks different, though.  Many avatars to choose from, better leaderboard.  I see no difference in the actual game.  I don't program, so I can't speak to the security concerns.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 11:32:24 am »

No, this is the same version it has been for a while now.  It's possible Woz wasn't playing for a while and came back after a few updates?  Or maybe I need to clear my cache.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 11:50:01 am »

It is listed as v378.  Looks different, though.  Many avatars to choose from, better leaderboard.  I see no difference in the actual game.  I don't program, so I can't speak to the security concerns.

This sounds like the last version I played before launch attempt #1.

jsimantov

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 06:44:33 am »

I'm hoping I'll get in... I'm probably the only person that would actually beta test it on a Windows 8 tablet. :)

Wizard of Woz

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 08:19:24 am »

I didn't play for the week before the game was "released", so I guess I could be playing the old version and just don't know it. 

alcaras

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
    • Subcreation
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 08:48:50 am »

So I just logged into the beta, but apparently I am the only person online? v378?

I find it hard to believe I am the only one online :-S
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.