Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: An (O)teresting Game  (Read 654 times)

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
An (O)teresting Game
« on: August 09, 2012, 11:05:01 am »

Yesterday I played a myriad of games against O.  I would first like to say what a great opponent he is!  He enjoys the game and understands it extremely well.  Combine this with courtesy and respect and you're got one classy dominion player.  If you see him online, I would highly recommend proposing a game. 

Of the games we played, this one perhaps intrigued me the most.  I get the fortuitous $5/$5 turn 3/4 resulting in double Witch and then on Turn 6, manage to draw CCCCS.  I made an in game audible and bought Mint!  Crossroads and Islands were also in play so I figured that getting rid of that treasure would allow me to win the curse split heavily in my favor with a more slim deck.  Unfortunately, my draws after turns 6 and 8 result in double Witch and no Crossroads (including both missing a reshuffle once).  As a result, O manages to split the curses 5/5 with me and his more money dense deck wins.  All in all, I thought this was a very fun game where early draws first put me on a path for a unique game but then they turned around and bit me in the ***. 

The main point of this game which I'd like to bring out is that you shouldn't always just run on autopilot in games like this.  Sometimes you will be presented with an opportunity to do something unique and by paying attention to the game state, you can know when such a situation happens and how to properly respond to it.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.106 seconds with 20 queries.