Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 166132 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2012, 12:07:43 pm »

(careful not to talk about ongoing games)

Oh, yeah. Don't mention MVII.

I think all of the games sharky has played in are still ongoing, yes?

You have an excellent example of him playing mafia in BM4 - which just ended!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2012, 12:09:42 pm »

(careful not to talk about ongoing games)

Oh, yeah. Don't mention MVII.

I think all of the games sharky has played in are still ongoing, yes?

Holy crap, I really thought he was just spectating.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2012, 12:13:51 pm »

Holy crap, I really thought he was just spectating.

I have no idea how people got that impression.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2012, 12:17:01 pm »

I think of BM4 as more of an "event" than "game."

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2012, 12:18:23 pm »

Don't worry, I wasn't planning on mentioned VII at all!  Well one thing I will do better is reading the rules and not getting modkilled, but apart from that, I think one thing I'm not good at is scumhunting.  If I truly think someone is town, a little voice in the back of my head says "WIFOM" and then I second guess myself.  I still am not confident on myself to distinguish between town play and scum play.  And then there is BMMMMM1 (which is still in progress so I'll just mention my stuff).  I decided as cop to just play a nice and easy D1, work on the MM part but I get called out lurking and not actively caring about catching scum.  My first response could probably have been better as it led to more votes against me which basically made me claim PR to Eevee.

So what do I plan on changing?  I plan on taking notes in a document about my thoughts on various players and discussions.  In this way I am not constantly forced to look back in the thread to find information.  I can save time which can then be used for more productive things.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2012, 12:22:03 pm »

Dude... Frisk, you can't really count BMIV.  I was only able to play that way b/c you explicitly omitted the player list.  Everyone knows that I'm actually playing in this game.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2012, 12:49:33 pm »

Dude... Frisk, you can't really count BMIV.  I was only able to play that way b/c you explicitly omitted the player list.  Everyone knows that I'm actually playing in this game.

So you are admitting that you're going to play scum differently here.  Got it.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2012, 01:03:09 pm »

Hey shark you changing your play style to cover for the fax your scum this game?
vote sharky

oh wow. That h is gonna get annoying real fast >_<

I'm with eHunt that there's value in learning how people behave. That's usually how I approach these games. I've only played like, eight or nine games to the end online. I remember being mafia more often than town though >_< But everyone said I was a skilled player when mafia. Those games weren't very intense though. We very often were setback by inactive players, never saying anything because they "couldn't find things to say". A lot of modkills occurred. Anyways, in my first game when I was scum, I had two partners and one of them got killed by the Vigilante. During day 3 the Vigilante suspected me and my remaining partner as the remaining scum, and so I backstabbed my remaining partner out of nowhere by accusing and voting him, in a last-ditch effort to survive. I did end up winning that game, but it was a very risky stunt I'm not likely to repeat. It actually cost me a lot of games that I played afterwards, because I often got lynched because no one could trust me  ;D

So behavior matters.

It's easy to mistake the eccentricity for scumminess.

I can confirm this as well. So many Townies were lynched when I played for this very reason.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2012, 01:17:39 pm »

Hey shark you changing your play style to cover for the fax your scum this game?
vote sharky

oh wow. That h is gonna get annoying real fast >_<
Yeah, sharky looks too much like sparky for me; I assume that's what you're talking about

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2012, 03:45:59 pm »

Yeah, in this game it's probably better to use full names. "sharkbait" not "sharky" please folks.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:59 pm »

Yeah, in this game it's probably better to use full names. "sharkbait" not "sharky" please folks.

my apologies

vote: sharkbait

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2012, 04:56:18 pm »

So you are admitting that you're going to play scum differently here.  Got it.

You're forgetting Frisk.  I "wasn't" playing in BMIV  ;)

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2012, 05:09:02 pm »

I'm going to confuse sparky and shraeye for the foreseeable future. How can I differentiate them? What's your playstyle? Angrybirds I can remember because he's twinclaimed by yuma.

What does twinclaimed mean?

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2012, 05:10:09 pm »

To angrybirds, shraeye, other new folks - in MVI when I was brand new I found the constant references to old mafia games annoying and not helpful,  but you do actually learn a lot from them if you sit down and read through them. They are pretty hard to skim, though, and long.

i viewed throughout most of the third game and the medical game
you played well in the med one

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2012, 05:15:26 pm »

Vote Count
Morgrim7 (1): Captain_Frisk
Eevee (1): Axxle
yuma (1): Insomniac
shark_bait (1): yuma
Captain_Frisk (1): Morgrim7
Galzria (2): O, angrybirds
Axxle (1): ftl
ehunt (1): Voltgloss

with 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2012, 05:19:42 pm »

Vote Count
Galzria (2): O, angrybirds

Sure

Vote: Galzria
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2012, 05:21:33 pm »

Didnt know I still had my joke vote on yuma

Unvote
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2012, 05:24:56 pm »

I'm going to confuse sparky and shraeye for the foreseeable future. How can I differentiate them? What's your playstyle? Angrybirds I can remember because he's twinclaimed by yuma.

Its a f.ds thing.  Glooble and Jotheonah are allegedly real-life twins.  They "revealed" halfway through MIV.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »

Its a f.ds thing.  Glooble and Jotheonah are allegedly real-life twins.  They "revealed" halfway through MIV.

In the general case it means two people who know each other in real life.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2012, 08:21:11 pm »

Well, one way to get things going is to start a wagon. Vote: Galzria . Because he's scummy.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2012, 08:22:30 pm »

Oh, wait, axxle just did that and I missed it. Failz on my part, I thought I was the third vote.

Well, I'm the fourth I guess.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2012, 10:12:08 pm »

Galzria is certainly outspoken. I'm especially questioning his interrogatory quintuple post. Not something you see every day.

We're almost on page 7. Is it time to start the inevitable bandwagon? I don't want to get onboard just yet. I need more convincing.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2012, 10:25:45 pm »

Galzria is certainly outspoken. I'm especially questioning his interrogatory quintuple post. Not something you see every day.

We're almost on page 7. Is it time to start the inevitable bandwagon? I don't want to get onboard just yet. I need more convincing.
i would suggest his complete lack of posts since very very early this morning could be compelling

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2012, 12:07:22 am »

i would suggest [Galzria's] complete lack of posts since very very early this morning could be compelling
But he warned us of V/LA this weekend starting today.  He's only made 5 posts today, and only one suggests that he spent any time on it.  O and Morgrim haven't posted in even longer, but neither have made ANY posts in the last 15.5 hours.  I'd say at this point that length in time from posting where so little has been revealed is a pretty flimsy reason.

If you want something more interesting to discuss look at this post:
So I was gonna say that the main benefit of suit claiming might be to discern if we are dealing with one or two scum factions but perhaps the wind will tell us so I'm going to be against suit claiming
where Insomniac posits that suit-claiming will let us know how many factions we are dealing with.  Protip: it won't tell us anything unless either wands/swords or pentacles/cups had no claimers since we have no good way to tell or suspect that a particular suitclaim is scum.  Maybe he and his scummates were planning to claim in the other suits (all WW wands move to Cups, all WW Swords move to Pentacles, as an example) and make it look like there was one less faction.  No real evidence here, only a bit of food for thought.

Or look at these posts:
[AT END OF POST]
While outing mafia-aligned major arcana would be good, outing town-aligned major arcana would be really, really bad, they'll be our super-powered power roles. We wouldn't know whether the Major Arcana we out are mafia or town, but scum certainly would.
I assume mafia-aligned major arcana would just lie anyway.  Or pretend to be town aligned.
In which f.DS.mafia veterans both forget that there could be extra scum factions, only referring to mafia in their posts.  Could be a slip of thought since most games here only have mafia.  But I bet neither of them is SK or WW; hard to forget yourself.  But wouldn't every good townie be super-paranoid of ALL the baddies....?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2012, 12:38:37 am »

Unless it matters, I use mafia and scum interchangeably.  Doesn't really matter until we talk about scumbuddies.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.963 seconds with 20 queries.