Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 138970 times)

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 3 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1275 on: August 15, 2012, 12:22:45 pm »

Actually, I don't think timchen would have been an "obvious" lynch target for today. Sure,  there would be some suspicion because he was pushing the wagon so hard, but it seemed like the general consensus was that he was playing so crazy that he MUST be town.

As far as lynching me goes, I get why you guys think I'm an obvious lynch target, but keep in mind that we're in lylo, so if/when you lynch me and I flip town (which I will), we lose.

As a side note, I won't be able to get to a computer for most of Friday and Saturday because I'll be moving.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 15, 2012, 12:56:36 pm »

Actually, I don't think timchen would have been an "obvious" lynch target for today. Sure,  there would be some suspicion because he was pushing the wagon so hard, but it seemed like the general consensus was that he was playing so crazy that he MUST be town.

As far as lynching me goes, I get why you guys think I'm an obvious lynch target, but keep in mind that we're in lylo, so if/when you lynch me and I flip town (which I will), we lose.

As a side note, I won't be able to get to a computer for most of Friday and Saturday because I'll be moving.
Who do you suspect? 5 of us, 2 of us mafia.

Btw, everytime manda posts, I am more and more convinced she is scum.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 15, 2012, 01:00:13 pm »

Okay, so I posted this in MIX, but my computer is on the fritz,  I don't know how reliable I will be.  I will try to make sure that I can see this game through the end.  First thoughts for today.  NO ONE VOTE!!!!!!!!  If you vote wrong, both mafia could jump up and lynch winning them the game.  Honestly, I'm quite surprised on the tc nightkill.  After all he did yesterday, he would have been a very easy lynch today. 
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 15, 2012, 01:06:31 pm »

Good point sharkie. Pointing that out is also a town tell to me.
FoS for me, PPS and manda for posting without reminding everyone of that!

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 15, 2012, 01:07:44 pm »

Who do you suspect? 5 of us, 2 of us mafia.

Btw, everytime manda posts, I am more and more convinced she is scum.

I'm at work right now, but I'll post a scumminess--townieness assessment as soon as I get home.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 15, 2012, 04:38:43 pm »

So I guess it's kind of frustrating that due to C_F's and manda's RL situations no voting is going to occur to Sunday at earliest. I guess there will be lots of talk with no action until then.

Right now I would like to re-read all of our d2 posts. Considering that the two people who probably contributed ~1/2 of d2 posts are gone, this shouldn't be impossible.

One thing to consider: If there is a vote and no one goes to double-hammer that means one of two things:
A) The vote is against a member of the Mafia.
B) The vote was made by a member of the Mafia.

So do not assume that just because there was no double-hammer that we are in the clear.
I still find S_B to be scummiest. After that PPS. Then manda. Eevee looks most like town to me of everyone, I guess. Honestly, I would most want to lynch S_B, after that, it is a wash.

Considering me and manda have stated that we are both reluctant to throw our vote around without certainty, and that we are at lylo, something tells me we won't be lynching until the 29th! :D

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 15, 2012, 04:39:24 pm »

NO ONE VOTE!!!!!!!! 

Vote: Young Nick

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 15, 2012, 04:39:32 pm »

Unvote

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 15, 2012, 09:53:34 pm »

Bump?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 15, 2012, 11:21:52 pm »

Nick, you still look very towny to me. Why so little suspicion on manda? I would be fine with a shark_bait lynch too, but I'm genuinely interested because we need to get this decision right.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 16, 2012, 12:07:08 am »

Well, it seems she was punished due to lurking. Now, Shark_Bait and I had done our fair share of lurking, as well, especially in d2. We all had reasonable excuses for this. Yet manda caught more flak than either of us.

Having said that, there are her actual posts to analyze. People seem to think that her contributions are scummy. I haven't seen that much to imply that she is Mafia from her comments, but for what it's worth, I would be best off if I were to read some of her analysis from other games. Her play style appears to be town-oriented to me, even if it is not all that helpful towards town.

I would like to hear why others are so intent on lynching her other than lurking. I probably could be convinced to lynch anyone at this point if there is a proper and decent argument against them.

So, would you care to point me towards a few posts of hers that look particularly bad, Eevee?

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 16, 2012, 12:08:27 am »

Also, I see that manda and shark_bait are both online. I know they are both on LA so I would love for them to chime in while they can!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 16, 2012, 12:15:21 am »

Like every single post of her screams scum to me? The "I'm town I don't have to defend myself" earlier, her constant not helping town (has she contributed anything to scumhunting?), everythinggggg. Mostly it's just intuition I don't know how to explain, you seem genuine to me, PPS seems trustworthy to an extent, shark_bait doesn't give a good vibe and manda gives an outright bad vibe. Don't know how to explain it. :/

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 16, 2012, 12:22:03 am »

Use all of your strength and might to summon your inner timchen! This will allow you to post ridiculously long responses that refer to specific quotes.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: August 16, 2012, 12:36:40 am »

Eevee, would you be able to describe this "bad vibe" you are getting from me? 

@YN, I've been playing on iso, figured I'd try to end with a bang on the last night.  Also. :P (that's for your vote and then unvote)

Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 16, 2012, 12:49:21 am »

Eevee, would you be able to describe this "bad vibe" you are getting from me? 

@YN, I've been playing on iso, figured I'd try to end with a bang on the last night.  Also. :P (that's for your vote and then unvote)
It's just.. nothing you do seems particularly townie. And your voting history isn't all that impressive (hammered town Frisk, had your vote parked on town me all yesterday) although I don't consider that too much of a scumtell. But yeah, mostly you could have given me a town vibe by now, and you haven't.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 16, 2012, 12:54:34 am »

I also didn't hammer galz (or even vote for him).... no one but you can make a claim about the certainty of my vote on you and even then, we can't believe you with %100 certainty.  So I don't see how your claim about my vote on you has any validity to it to anyone but yourself. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 16, 2012, 01:22:19 am »

I also didn't hammer galz (or even vote for him).... no one but you can make a claim about the certainty of my vote on you and even then, we can't believe you with %100 certainty.  So I don't see how your claim about my vote on you has any validity to it to anyone but yourself.
hence why it's one of my reasons for thinking you are scum here. and uh, well, my opinions are going to matter for people who trust me to be town too. and if i die at night, i've putten it out there for the rest of the town to remember.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 16, 2012, 01:29:30 am »

Like every single post of her screams scum to me? The "I'm town I don't have to defend myself" earlier, her constant not helping town (has she contributed anything to scumhunting?), everythinggggg. Mostly it's just intuition I don't know how to explain, you seem genuine to me, PPS seems trustworthy to an extent, shark_bait doesn't give a good vibe and manda gives an outright bad vibe. Don't know how to explain it. :/

It seems like you think me saying "I'm town I don't have to defend myself"="I don't want to defend myself." What I'm TRYING to say is that if someone is truly town, they don't really NEED to defend themselves, because saving their own necks isn't the point, the town as a whole has to be saved. Sometimes a townie has to be willing to sacrifice themselves if that's what it comes down to, and the reason I didn't spend much time defending myself d2 (or d1 for that matter) was that I didn't think that would actually do the town much good. Scum, on the other hand, can't afford to lose anyone, so they HAVE to defend themselves or lose. I believe I stated something similar to this d1 in reference to someone else not defending themselves.

Since we're in lylo, though, it's a different story. Lynch me, and town loses, guaranteed. So I'll try to be better about answering the accusations against me today, although it seems like the only accusation that's been put forth is lurking, which I've tried to explain previously (RL stuff), and the "I'm town I don't have to defend myself" which I've tried to explain better above.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 16, 2012, 01:30:28 am »

Oh and as for scumhunting, d2 was so much the Galz/timchen madness that I don't recall much scumhunting happening at all...

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 16, 2012, 01:31:16 am »

hence why it's one of my reasons for thinking you are scum here. and uh, well, my opinions are going to matter for people who trust me to be town too. and if i die at night, i've putten it out there for the rest of the town to remember.

If we don't lynch scum, it doesn't matter who dies at night. We lose...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 16, 2012, 02:01:16 am »

If we don't lynch scum, it doesn't matter who dies at night. We lose...
what if we lynch you and sharkie kills me at night? its important to give pps and nick the information.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 16, 2012, 02:21:04 am »

Eevee, you sound very confident. Are you actually already ready to vote for manda? This early into d3? Shocking, in my opinion.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 16, 2012, 02:38:43 am »

Eevee, you sound very confident. Are you actually already ready to vote for manda? This early into d3? Shocking, in my opinion.
No, I'm not sure. Yes, I'm quite confident. If she is town, town can blame this loss on me, but given how little content people posted yesterday, I don't think my opinion of her is going to change. Obviously I'm not voting yet, who knows what could happen still!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57  All

Page created in 1.528 seconds with 20 queries.